SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Preseason Announcements/Articles Empty Re: Preseason Announcements/Articles

Post by SLA44 Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Preseason Announcements/Articles Xchris11

GMA:
"I believe in the process, I believe in what I went through on the previous show and that's why I'm doing it."
"My focus is going to be to make the girls that are on the show as comfortable as possible. That was my first initial challenge, was opening up to Andi."
"I'm going to do my best. I'm humbled, flattered, grateful."

Note: I copied this over from another site.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 pm

At the Iowa State Fair:

Preseason Announcements/Articles 1407635436013-dmrdc5-6gj70gdot0yrbkhokj8-original

Preseason Announcements/Articles Bu2IhK8CEAEiATE

Preseason Announcements/Articles Chris210

Preseason Announcements/Articles Chris410
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm

http://www.pennlive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/08/new_bachelor_announced_heres_h.html
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:23 pm

It kind of cracked me up that GMA thought they were making some big announcement when the cat was already out of the bag. Has been for some time. I think all the Arie hype was just to keep some guessing.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Brought this over from another site:

This is from the ABC site not sure if it has been posted....
http://abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/pr68805.html

FAN FAVORITE CHRIS SOULES SEARCHES FOR LOVE AGAIN ON ABC'S HIT ROMANCE REALITY SERIES "THE BACHELOR"
FAN FAVORITE CHRIS SOULES SEARCHES

FOR LOVE AGAIN ON ABC’S HIT ROMANCE REALITY SERIES,

“THE BACHELOR,” WHEN IT RETURNS TO ABC IN JANUARY 2015

The Handsome Farmer Has Been Besieged by Women Clamoring to Move to Iowa for Love

Millions of single women had mixed emotions when Chris Soules, the stylish farmer from Iowa, was sent home by Andi Dorfman on “The Bachelorette.” One of the final three men, Chris was dismissed after he had emotionally confessed his love to Andi, but that meant the handsome bachelor was back on the market. Now, he is ready to put his heartache behind him to search for the one missing piece in his life – true love – when he stars in the 19th edition of ABC’s hit romance reality series, “The Bachelor,” which returns to ABC in January 2015. The announcement was made this morning on “Good Morning America.”

The 32-year-old Midwestern bachelor and self-proclaimed romantic has been engaged once before. Heartbroken, Chris ended that seven-year relationship just months before he expected to walk down the aisle. Although his relationship with his fiancée was good, he didn’t want to settle for “good.” He wanted “great.” While the humble but enormously successful farmer from tiny Arlington, Iowa (pop. 427) has found it difficult to date, that hasn’t stopped him from having faith that one day he will find the perfect woman for him. His experience on “The Bachelorette” made him realize that love really is out there, and he is confident that he will find it this time on “The Bachelor.”

Since his stint on “The Bachelorette,” Chris can’t go anywhere without being swarmed by women vying for his attention, all super fans of the man with a subtle charm and a signature twinkle in his eye. One adoring admirer drove hundreds of miles to knock on his door, while yet another professed her love for him by placing an ad in his local paper.

A family man through and through, Chris counts his father, who is a farmer, too, as his role model. His all-American mom immediately made Andi feel like a part of their family on Chris’ hometown date. And Chris’ three older sisters originally submitted him for the show. When Chris starts his own family, he is hoping for a big one like his own: four to six children.

Chris, who actually could drive a tractor before he could drive a car, grew up on a farm in nearby Lamont, Iowa, and attended Iowa State University, where he studied agronomy and agriculture. He brought his skills back to the family farm where he expanded the business and helped make it the multi-million dollar enterprise it is today.

This 6’1”, blue-eyed bachelor loves football, camping and country music. He epitomizes what women look for in a man: successful, sensitive and sexy. He has almost everything he needs -- except his dream woman, who will be smart, motivated and confident. Oh, and she will need to know or learn how to drive a tractor!

Hosted by Chris Harrison, “The Bachelor” is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss, Martin Hilton and Alycia Rossiter are the executive producers.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Sean Lowe gives Chris advice of 10 things to know to being the bachelor:

« Who’s Speaking to Your Heart?

Ten Things Chris the Farmer Needs to Know to be the Next Bachelor
August 27, 2014 by Sean Lowe 3 Comments
Preseason Announcements/Articles Jpg
Today we found out that Chris will indeed be the next bachelor. I know many of you thought this decision was made months ago but the truth is, the network was toggling between Chris and Arie for weeks.
In the end, they went with Chris. Truth be told, I think he’ll make a great bachelor. Yes I’m bummed they didn’t choose my buddy Arie, but I truly think it was a win-win for the network; I think either guy would have been a good fit.
With that said, I’m rooting for Chris, not only to find the same happiness I was lucky enough to find but to reenergize the franchise with an exciting season.
Before I began my stint as The Bachelor, I wished someone who had walked in the bachelor shoes would’ve given me some guidance.  After all, it’s tough to prepare for that kind of adventure.
With that in mind, I though it would be fun to equip Chris with some of my hard-won knowledge before he begins the “most dramatic journey” of his life.
Here are 10 things Chris needs to know to ensure a successful run as the bachelor:

1.   Don’t ever tell a girl “ees okay.” That doesn’t go over well.
2.   Don’t kiss someone when the other girls are watching. Trust me on this one.
3.   Have fun with it all. It’s only going to work if you relax and let loose.
4.   If the girls tell you someone is crazy, trust them. I found this out the hard way.
5.   What happens in the Fantasy Suite, doesn’t stay in the Fantasy Suite. Try not to do anything 
      stupid in there.
6.   Enjoy the personal stylist and hair dresser. This is the only time in your life it will be acceptable             to use either.
7.   When in doubt, ditch the shirt. Apparently the chicks dig it.
8.   Give it to ‘em straight. When you’re sending a girl home, tell her exactly why. They’ll respect you         a lot more in the end.
9.   It’s okay to wear a scarf. It’s not okay to wear a scarf on every date.
10. Only propose at the end if you know you can’t possibly live the rest of your life without her
      It worked for me.

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/seanlowe/2014/08/ten-things-chris-the-farmer-needs-to-know-to-be-the-next-bachelor/#ixzz3BdilK2vb
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:52 am

I'm glad it's Chris.  Arie would be playing tonsil hockey from night one.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:24 pm

newto the boards wrote:I'm glad it's Chris.  Arie would be playing tonsil hockey from night one.
Yup I do believe you are right and I don't think Arie would have been there for "the right reasons". Laughing
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Preseason Announcements/Articles 10624341_273318736211828_1174266247_n
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:47 pm

For the first time in a very long time I am looking forward to watching the bach show.  I loved it on GMA when he was eating an oreo cookie and talking at the same time.  LOL...how more real can a guy get while on national TV.   LOL!   And a farmer to boot!!  I have a feeling those T-shirts are going to be big sellers once the show starts.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:20 pm

A lot of people, I guess Arie fans are asking who would want to give up a good job in the city to go live on a farm in Iowa? Arie kind of made fun when he tweeted, "Have fun on the farm"...sour grapes maybe? I say if you fall in love with someone and want to spend the rest of your life with that person then it shouldn't matter whether he lives on a farm or not. If you really wanted a power job, what's to stop you? People commute long distances every day. All I know is he has changed by idea of what a farmer looks like.  drooling  I'd move to a farm in Iowa in a heartbeat. lol
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Chris is more than a "farmer."  He runs a huge operation and I believe is also into real estate sales.  He is nobody's fool.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:22 am

Sorry, folks.  I just don't find Chris appealing.  Don't know if I'll watch his season.  Is there anything interesting on at the same time?  Otherwise, I may have to fake my way through it.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:36 am

Am also looking forward to seeing more of his family.  I thought his hometown date was one of the best ever.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bachjunkie Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:59 am

I will give Chris a chance..maybe I will be surprised just like I was with Andi!

Ps sorry I have been MIA.

Bachjunkie

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:31 am

Bachjunkie wrote:I will give Chris a chance..maybe I will be surprised just like I was with Andi!

Ps sorry I have been MIA.
Welcome back  Look forward to posting with you during Chris' season.  I for one, am very happy that he is the Bachelor and am looking forward to watching his season.  Thumbs up!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:32 am

This picture is from when he was at GMA:

Preseason Announcements/Articles Chris415
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:33 am

Preseason Announcements/Articles BwQu4hgCAAEgVMV
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:41 am

I wonder how long it will take the cutthroats on the mother board to start talking about the downward curve at the corners of his mouth and begin calling him "frowny face" like they did with Andi.

Seven years with his fiancee to figure out she was only good?  I'll bet she feels like a prize, huh?  It's probably not the real reason anyway.  LOL.  At any rate, he wants a family and he's 32.  Time to get production started.  I doubt he'll string along the next prize for too long.

Okay....So, I'll probably watch.  What else do I have to do on a Monday evening?  I DO hope they'll forego the resident crazy for his season.

And bachjunkie, welcome back.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:11 pm

I'm bringing this over from another site:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Chris-Soules-Bachelor-1086296.aspx

Chris Harrison Explains Why Chris Soules Was Chosen as the Star of The Bachelor

Robyn Ross
Aug 27, 2014 01:05 PM ET
by Robyn Ross

It's no secret that The Bachelorette's Chris Soules was a front-runner to star on The Bachelor. He's hot, successful, and left his season brokenhearted — all the makings for the perfect lead. But with another fan favorite — Arie from Emily Maynard's season — also in talks for the gig, host Chris Harrison says the decision came down to the wire.

So what gave the Iowa farmer the edge? "At the end of the day, Chris is everything the show is based on," Harrison tells TVGuide.com. "He's that diamond in the rough from middle America who, more than ever, needs the show to find his wife. It reminds me of Aaron Buerge in Missouri. He needed the show to expand his horizons. So, it takes us back to where the show began."

Although rumors have been swirling for weeks, especially after the "Men Tell All" special,  Harrison swears that nothing was official until this week. "There were rumors that it was confirmed, but the truth is until this week, everybody was wrong," he says. "It's not like we waited this long to hold on to this little nugget. We confirmed it [on Good Morning America] two days after we could. But, of course, he's been the front-runner. That wasn't hard to figure out."

While there are lots of Chris supporters, there are also those wondering if Soules is dynamic enough to lead the show. But Harrison says not to worry. "When you're one of 25, you get a very small glimpse," he says. "Sean Lowe is the best example. He was not that popular on Emily's season. He wasn't the hero that he was when he was The Bachelor. But we knew Sean was a star and that he had a great sense of humor and was smart. It's the same thing with Chris. He's very smart, articulate and he's professional. Like Andi, he'll approach 'the job' the same way.

"I don't know if we would've had that same attitude with anybody else at the top of our list," Harrison continues. "He's also sincere and I know he's looking for love. If there was ever guy we'd say will walk away with someone, it's Chris. So, for those who are worried, you just haven't seen what you'll see during the show."
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Bringing this over from another site:

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/45469/20140904/the-bachelorette-season-10-contestant-patrick-jagodzinski-dishes-on-andi-dorfman-chris-soules-more-exclusive.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski Dishes On Andi Dorfman, Chris Soules & More [EXCLUSIVE]

What are your thoughts on Chris becoming the new Bachelor?

I'm so happy. I publicly have been saying I want him to be the next Bachelor. I really just think he is going to be a perfect fit for it and especially where he lives - it's a very unique location; it's kind of a little bit secluded. Chris is just a great guy, he really, really is. He deserves something like this, so I'm really happy for him.

Do you think the show portrayed you in a way that you're not?

Yeah. You don't know who I am, that's the problem I had with it. I got edited out a lot of the "Men Tell All." It's kind of a shame. In the end, I wish I had a little bit more airtime...

And Andrew, he's nothing like he was portrayed in the show, I cannot emphasize that enough. He was portrayed as a womanizing racist, which is so not true and so far from the fact of who he is as a person. He comes from a great family and he has a great group of friends in L.A.

What did you think of Andi's final choice?

Literally, perfect for each other. I think a lot of the guys had a suspicion about the two of them considering that he lives in the same town as her. Not only that, but it seems to me that they both have very similar tendencies and qualities. So, I think it's the perfect choice.

Would you consider going on the Bachelor?

Absolutely not. I want Chris to be and I mean that because I think he deserves to be it. It's also a difficult position to be in. It truly is. Here you are on national television with 25 girls and you need to handle yourself with the utmost class and not only that, but also ensure that you don't make any mistakes and make sure you get to know everyone... It's a very difficult task and Andi did a great job with it. She would know the conversation we had a week ago and pick up right where we left off. It was very impressive.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Preseason Announcements/Articles Bw0HhLUIUAAHlBp

WOW!  Can January get here soon enough?  drooling
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:16 am

"Diamond in the rough"?  That's rather insulting, isn't it?

And who is Patrick Jagodzinski?  I don't even remember him.

*See picture above*  That lack of an upper lip makes him unappealing to me.  lol.  I doubt I'll watch.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:15 pm

I didn't watch Juan Pablo's season because I didn't care for him and think it is a good idea for people to pass on a season when they cannot find one thing about the lead they like.  If I don't like the lead on the Bachelor I no longer will watch it because I'm certainly not interested in the female contestants.  Why waste your time on watching something you have no interest in?  Question

With the Bachelorette it's a whole different story because there are male contestants that I can certainly be interested in.  I only watched  Des' season because I liked Chris Siegfried and only watched Andi's season because I liked Chris Soules and wanted to see him.  I remember Patrick  Jagszinski quite well and did not think that he was being insulting at all towards Chris.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top