America's Got Talent

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

America's Got Talent - Page 7 Empty Re: America's Got Talent

Post by Starz Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:14 pm

I am pretty sure that Vomitman keeps the objects in the side of his mouth. He actually does have talent, however, his act is gross. I do not like it.

But let's not forget we live in a National Enquirer sort of world. I just wish at least a few shows on TV would rise above the crap. Unfortunately AGT has joined the Carnival Sideshow, as Singly brilliantly mentioned.

I am thankful for HGTV and the Food Network. I watch them more than anything else. Oh, and movies. I watch maybe 12 other shows.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Starz, have you been watching Master Chef?  I'm rooting for Derek and Katrina.  I'd be happy if either won.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:33 am

Starz wrote:But let's not forget we live in a National Enquirer sort of world. I just wish at least a few shows on TV would rise above the crap. Unfortunately AGT has joined the Carnival Sideshow, as Singly brilliantly mentioned.

I am thankful for HGTV and the Food Network. I watch them more than anything else. Oh, and movies. I watch maybe 12 other shows.

That's one of the big reasons why I love Face Off on the SyFy channel.  The contestants are all talented, and more importantly, they don't backstab each other nor are they encouraged to.  It is so refreshing to see a show where competitors help each other out, even though it means helping 'the competition.'  They'll give design suggestions, as well as actually pitch in and help someone else get their design finished.  It's so refreshing to watch. 

The contestants on AGT all seem to be fairly supportive of each other - at least by the time we get to the quarter-finals and get to see them interact backstage.  I really like that.  But some of the acts they put through just make me cringe.  At least they didn't put through the guy who ate a bazillion raw eggs or something.  Another act I couldn't watch.  Or the guy that cracked watermelons with his head.  So at least they are capable of showing a little restraint. 

I do have to give Heidi props, though.  If he'd asked for my ring, I'd have sat on my hands.  No way would I want anything of mine being swallowed and regurgitated.  Ew.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:32 pm

singlyme wrote:Starz, have you been watching Master Chef?  I'm rooting for Derek and Katrina.  I'd be happy if either won.

I know I'm butting in on the question you asked Starz, but I'm interested in your favorites.  I like Derek, but Katrina has such a pouty-face so often that it's hard for me to cheer for her.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Uh oh, this is in the AGT thread.  Should we start a Master Chef thread?
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:31 am

I'll meet you there about Katrina.  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:07 am

From the semi-finals on Tuesday, September 1, I would put the following through to the finals:

Arielle Baril
Samantha Johnson
The CraigLewis Band
Siro-A
Oz Pearlman

That means I would not keep the following:

Benton Blount
Derek Hughes
Drew Lynch
Ira
Metal Mulisha Fitz Army
Mountain Faith Band
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:33 am

Pretty close - here is my list:

Arielle Baril
Samantha Johnson
The CraigLewis Band
Derek Hughes
Oz Pearlman

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:38 am

I know five will go through, but there are only two I find exceptional.

Craig Lewis Band
Oz Pearlman

The Craig Lewis Band takes me back to the days of doo-wop and slow dancing.  I love that sound.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:16 am

I guess I'm in the minority here, but our family just adores Drew Lynch.  He seems like a nice, sweet kid with a great attitude, and we honestly find him hysterical.  I wouldn't mind if he won it all, and I would actually pay money to see him perform based on what we've seen so far. 

I'm not in the minority, I see, in loving the CraigLewis Band and Oz Pearlman.  They were fantastic last night. 

I thought Samantha Johnson was better last night in that she at least wasn't screaming at me, but I didn't vote for her.  I did like Arielle Baril, though, and hope she makes it through.  I also voted for Derek Hughes and the Metal Mulisha Fitz Army.  I don't think the motocrossers will make it through, but I appreciate the incredible amount of strength, skill and training it takes to do what they do as well as how incredibly dangerous it is.  But I also know it is much more impressive to watch it live than to see it on tv.

Overall, I thought it was a good show last night.  Everyone performed well, I thought, which was nice, even though I'm just not fans of some of the acts.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:01 pm

My list is who I voted for, and therefore, hope goes through.

I agree that Drew Lynch is nice and I like him as a person. I just don't find his humor funny. Humor is very subjective.

I agree with your comments on Samantha.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:23 pm

The ones I wouldn't put through are still very good.  They had to be in order to get this far.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:37 pm

You're right, Starz.  Humor is very subjective, and I know Drew is not everyone's cup of tea.  I'm happy he's made it this far and is getting a chance to become known.  Even if he doesn't win, and he probably won't - there are some real good acts that will appeal to probably a broader range of people, at least he's gotten this experience, and I suspect it will open doors for him that would otherwise have been closed.  So it's all good.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:52 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:You're right, Starz.  Humor is very subjective, and I know Drew is not everyone's cup of tea.  I'm happy he's made it this far and is getting a chance to become known.  Even if he doesn't win, and he probably won't - there are some real good acts that will appeal to probably a broader range of people, at least he's gotten this experience, and I suspect it will open doors for him that would otherwise have been closed.  So it's all good.  Smile
 Yes, I agree with you. I hope that many doors are also opened for others who do not win. There are many times that I think if I were an agent, producer, etc. that I would sign up a person that was on the show.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:10 pm

It's time for this week's AGT Dunkin' Save.  The three choices of acts to save are:

Benton Blount
Samantha Johnson
The CraigLewis Band

As before, to participate, you need to log on to Google, type "AGT Dunkin' Save" in the search box, make your choice by clicking on the act you want to save, then click Submit.

I voted to save Samantha Johnson.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Walker7, thanks for the direction.  However, I still can't find this week's choices.  Do I have to download an app to get to the right place?
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:00 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:Walker7, thanks for the direction.  However, I still can't find this week's choices.  Do I have to download an app to get to the right place?

No, you just need to go to google.com.  There is no app needed for the Dunkin' Save.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:21 pm

For sure I want The CraigLewis Band to be saved.
Samantha as second one going through.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:26 pm

Walker7 wrote:
As before, to participate, you need to log on to Google, type "AGT Dunkin' Save" in the search box, make your choice by clicking on the act you want to save, then click Submit.
Well - not that easy for me. I followed what you said and was lead to an instruction page with LOTS of hoops to jump through. So either I didn't find the right place or they want too much from me.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:39 pm

I started at Google.  I put in "AGT Dunkin' Save" and got lots of hits showing who was up to be saved in the three previous weeks and telling me who had won.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:45 pm

who won?

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:10 am

SPOILER:

The first three:

Derek Hughes
Oz Pearlman
Drew Lynch

From the Dunkin' Donuts three:
Benton Blount, saved by viewers
CraigLewis Band, also saved by viewers because CraigLewis Band got two judges' votes and Samantha Johnson also got two
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:49 am

I must be seriously out of the loop when it comes to some of the talent going through.  CraigLewis Band winning a slot became crucial to me.  Those final moments were as suspenseful as I'm sure the producers hoped.

I'm also out of the loop for Last Comic Standing.  With the exception of Dominique and Clayton English, I don't think anyone's that funny.  And what happened to Miss Pat???  Did I miss her departure?  I thought she was the best.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:38 pm

I am bummed that Arielle Baril and Samantha Johnson got dumped!!!!

At least IRA is gone.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:38 pm

I wasn't a fan of Samantha, but I did like Arielle.  Benton Blount is just sort of meh for me.  But I really like the CraigLewis Band.   And of course I'm thrilled that Drew made it through.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum