America's Got Talent

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: America's Got Talent

Post by singlyme on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:59 am

It's looking like Brian Crum could be the landslide.

I did, however, like Sofie Dossa (sp?), the contortionist.  It seems I liked Jayna Brown the first time around, but this song had no melody so it lost me.

Go Brian!
window.post_1473249266317_9 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 pm

I agree that everyone seemed to be hitting it tonight, and I am completely on board the Brian Justin Crum train.  If a singer has to win, he's my pick.  Far and away the best of the singers.  Smile

I also loved Viktor.  There's something magical about him.  I hope he makes it through as well as Brian.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 pm

For the final Dunkin' Save of the season, the 3 choices of acts are:

1.  Sofie Dossi
2.  Steven Brundage
3.  Viktor Kee

As always, click this link:  AGT Dunkin' Save
Then, click the act you want to save, and click Submit.

I voted to save Sofie Dossi.

There was a record-breaking amount of votes last night.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:29 am

I was very happy Brian Justin Crum made it through to the finals.  I was also glad that they put Viktor through so LadyMustang you got your two in the finals from last night.  I wonder if they are going to bring back the judges choices this year?  If they do I hope someone brings back Edgar!  They should have been picked over that other one.  Singly you Sofie made it on the Dunkin' Save so you got the two you wanted to make it to the finals.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:08 am

I agree, SLA.  Hope Edgar gets another chance, even though I think Brian will take the trophy.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:54 am

I was very happy with the outcome last night and very glad I was wrong about 3 more singers going through.  So we end up with half being singers, and half being other types of acts.  I haven't heard anything about a judges' save.  They did say last night that there were only 10 in the finals, so it doesn't seem likely.  But Edgar would be a good choice to bring back, if they do.

I have no clue who will win.  I'd like to see Brian, Viktor or TapeFace win it.  I'm not convinced it won't be Grace or Laura.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:57 am

I can't bring Laura to mind.  As for Grace:  I thought she was cute as a button in her first performance.  Since then, I can't understand a word she sings.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:31 pm

We are a split household!!! I like Brian & my hubby likes magicians, so we use separate phones, computers & ipads...I voted the most though! LOL
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:07 am

They all brought it tonight!!  I don't think there was a clear winner after watching the performances tonight!   Nope no judges saves this season.  I still went with the one that had been my favorite all along and that was Brian Justin Crum but I sure have no idea who is going to come out the winner.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:28 am

It's still Brian for me, with Sofie a solid second.

I thought I had part of the Clairvoyants figured out.  She wears a mask with a receiver and he has a mini-camera in his cuff link or the hand he holds over the item.  He held his hand against the water tank when she wrote the date.  Identical lockets that were switched.  For the last four credit card numbers, I was at a loss.  But it's an amazing act.

I'm completely over Tape-Face as well as the magic.  Don't care for Vinny's style of music - but apparently, there are MANY people who like it.  Opera is not on my play list either.  And Grace:  Thank heaven for CC.  I can't understand her words.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:19 am

TapeFace!!!!!!  Oh my gosh, I love him so much.  We were laughing so hard last night we were crying.  In my heart of hearts, I want him to win, but I don't think he will.  He's just quirky enough that not everyone gets him. 

Brian was amazing last night.  My goodness, he has a gift!  I still love Viktor Kee, but once again he dropped one of the balls.  That's the third performance in a row.  He's very smooth about covering it up, but it always surprises me.  But otherwise he is a superb showman, and I love watching him.  Sofie was also very good last night.

Sal would be fine as a lounge singer or on a cruise ship, but he's just not distinctive enough.  He's basically a "cover band."  I love me some Frank Sinatra, but if I want Sinatra, I'll put on Sinatra - not listen to Sal.  And he seemed off to me last night - some of the notes sounded flat or something, and I hated the way he called out the judges at the end. 

Linkin Bridge was fine, but they weren't at Brian's level.  I thought the clairvoyant act was a bit flat last night, and I absolutely hated that cheesy intro.  And if you were to just go by competition opera singers, there are apparently only about 4 opera songs in the entire world.  So no to Laura, even if she weren't already a winner of another competition.  I like Jon Derenbos, but I didn't think that was his best performance last night.

Still can't understand a word Grace says, and her voice is beginning to grate.  I can't imagine ever wanting to sing along to one of her songs.  Honestly, I wouldn't even want to listen to any of her songs. 

Overall, I think Brian deserves to win.  He's been fantastic every time.  I'd love for TapeFace to win, as I just adore him.  Sofie or Viktor would also be fine with me.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:59 pm

This season's winner is Grace VanDerWaal.  She's Howie's golden buzzer.  And I voted for her last night.  Congratulations to her!!!

This is probably the best season ever of AGT.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:04 pm

I'm happy for you, Walker 7.  For me, this season ended as a huge disappointment.  Some really great talent got the shaft.   Sad

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:42 pm

The winner hasn't been announced here yet and now I don't think I even care to finish watching it.  I can't believe that Grace that you cannot understand what her wards are that she is singing won.  I agree with you LadyMustang - some really great talent got the shaft.  SMH   
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:14 am

The "cute little girl" won over more talented people.  Her first time out, I thought Grace was special, then the smushed speech followed.  She's modest and adorable but she lost me.

When I saw Sal in the top five, I pictured the NJ mob coercing votes.  lol.  Perhaps that's not something I should say here, but I'm joking.

The Clairvoyants were worthy of being in the final two.  However, Brian got robbed.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:36 pm

From what I can see from comments around the 'net, there are a lot of people who are not thrilled with her win.  Most people seem to recognize that she has the potential to be good some day, but she's not there yet.  And a lot of people have the same complaint - they just can't understand a word she says when she sings, so they don't enjoy her performances.  Oh well. 

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:59 pm

I think that there were many people better than she was. I liked Brian, Tape Face & a few others. I agree that she needs more time.
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum