America's Got Talent

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: America's Got Talent

Post by singlyme on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:44 am

Mara, Emily, Miguel, Andrey - top notch.  I was disappointed with Aerial Animation this time.  The rest?  I ffwd'd those I had no interest in. 

Who did you like?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:10 pm

I missed the first hour of it but I liked Miguel and the Sons of Serendip (?) I think that's what they call themselves.  I didn't care for the Aerial Animation either this time and thought the Comedian was anything but funny.  Emily is okay but she is not my favorite and even though I missed his performance I hope Andrey makes it through.  I did find a clip of Mara's songs and she just seems like she is screaming or yelling out sometimes - she is not one of my favorites.  I still like Paul Ieti even if the judges didn't.  I found the clip of his song and really liked it but I doubt that he will make it through.  My top three favorites are Andrey, Miguel and Sons of Serendip from this show and not in that particular order.  I really like the Sons of Serendip and hope to see them in the finals.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 am

I was disappointed that Andrey didn't make it through.  BUT, after watching him the first couple of times, I guess there was nothing new.  The camera angle seemed off - as if we were getting a side view for this last performance.  Not nearly as effective.

As for Mara - she could be the next Ethel Merman.

And Emily?  I love the voice, the 40-50's vibe.  She's a package.  I'm with Howard.  She's stupendous.

I think Miguel Dakota will have all the teeny-bopper votes (if they actually watch this show).  He's a cutie and he can sing.

It took me about 10 minutes to ffwd through the results show.  LOL>

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:43 pm

I was sorry to see that Andrey didn't make it through but was happy that Sons of Serendip and Miguel Dakota did make it through.  Right now they are my favorites of the finalist and now just have to wait for next week when the other finalist are selected.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:32 am

OMG!  I'm so glad I can DVR this thing.  Two hours of BS and two minutes to learn the winner.  My thumb was getting tired!

So good to see Cindy Lauper.  I've always loved her music.

And...disappointed that Emily West didn't win.  If no offers come her way, I see Howard Stern bankrolling her first CD and getting her an agent.  He's completely sold on her.  She's what they used to call a "torch singer."

Anyway... all done.  Next, please.

Did you hear the X-Factor got cancelled?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:46 am

Sorry, Singly, but I'm very okay she didn't win.  Not that I disliked her - I liked her a lot actually.  But there are just so many shows for singers, and I couldn't believe that out of all those acts, we ended up with 4 singers in the final group and just 2 that were "other" acts.  I was honestly hoping for a "Magic Off" for the finale - I wanted all 3 magic acts to get through.  Anyway, as I said with all those other venues for singers, I am generally very happy when someone other than a singer wins, which is fairly normal for this show.  Anyway, I was impressed that Matt and AcroArmy were able to come up with 2 different shows for the finale.  Singers have a much easier time - they generally already have a large repertoire of songs they know, so they just have to polish them up a bit.  The others have it much harder, I think.  It was nice that they all did well, though, in the finale.  No one really choked.  I was happy Miguel went back to his "roots' for his final song - I liked him better as the dorky kid with the hat and guitar than I did as the "rock" star.  I have to be honest, though, that Sons of Serendip were my favorite of the musical acts.  Oh my goodness, can that guy sing, and their music is so beautiful.  If any music act was going to win this year, I wanted it to be them, but I'm super happy Matt Franco won.  I thought he was just amazing and a lot of fun.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:28 am

I guess I'm not just not much into magic.  lol.  But I'd like some of my own.

I did like Sons of Serendip.  Wonderful group.  And Acro Army was amazing, especially with some of those girls being so young.

I liked Miguel but thought he was the one who belonged on American Idol or a show like that.  Emily West, to me, has something very special.  I foresee a large career for her.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:43 pm

DetailsCategory: America's Got Talent Published: 16 October 2014
AGT AMERICA'S GOT TALENT
AMERICA’S GOT TALENT
SEASON TEN NEWS

NEW YORK – Oct. 16, 2014 - NBC’s No. 1 summer reality series “America’s Got Talent” will kick off its milestone tenth season with open auditions in Tampa, on November 2.

“America’s Got Talent” is the only talent competition show open to any age and any talent. The auditions are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for performers across the country to showcase their talent to the series’ producers, in the hopes of being able to take the stage in front of the “AGT” judges.

“We are really excited to kick off season 10 in some of the most incredible cities in the nation and can’t wait to see what this year brings,” said Executive Producer Jason Raff.  “Celebrating a decade of talent, this next round of auditions is destined to bring us acts unlike anything we’ve seen before.”

For the first time in the show’s history, America chose a magician as their favorite act, crowning Rhode Island native Mat Franco the winner of a $1 million dollar grand prize and the opportunity to headline the “America’s Got Talent Live” stage show in Las Vegas.

The season 10 audition cities include:

Nov. 2: Tampa, FL

Nov. 5: Nashville, TN

Nov. 6: Richmond, VA

Nov. 8-9: New York, NY

Jan. 24 – 25: Chicago, IL

Jan. 26: St. Louis, MO

Jan. 29: San Antonio, TX

Jan. 31: Albuquerque, NM

Feb. 7: San Francisco, CA

Feb. 10: Boise, ID

Feb. 14-15: Los Angeles, CA

Registration for open call cities is currently underway with online auditions continuing through March 2015. For more information on audition cities and venues, the audition process and tips, or to submit an online video audition for season 10, please visit http://www.AGTAuditions.com/

America’s Got Talent is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Syco Entertainment. Simon Cowell, Sam Donnelly, Jason Raff, Trish Kinane and Richard Wallace are the executive producers.

Please like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/nbcagt and follow us on Twitterhttp://twitter.com/nbcagt or by using hashtag #AGT

http://tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-04-11/america-s-got-talent/11976-america-s-got-talent-season-ten-news
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:21 am

So....I've come to the conclusion that I must be the most easily bored person on the planet.  Either that, or I've become more selective in my viewing.  I find I'm f'fwding through most everything but the singing and dancing.  A two-hour show - cut down to forty minutes or so.

But I liked the girl who sang Natural Woman.  The two Japanese girls who danced in front of the light show were interesting, but the lights were too often out of sync with the movement.  That five-year-old who sang and did a lot of tap was captivating, but without CC, I wouldn't have understood a word out of her mouth.  She was adorable.

I completely ignored all the outdoor daredevil stunts.  That's talent???  Hell, perhaps we ought to be filming people as they escape parking lots at the mall.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:48 am

Is no one else watching?  If not, there's not much point in posting my thoughts here.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:35 pm

singlyme wrote:Is no one else watching?  If not, there's not much point in posting my thoughts here.
Singly I am watching but until it gets down to who will be on when the viewers can vote there is not much for me to say other than I sure haven't agreed with some of the choices the judges have made so far for the ones to advance.  Crazy
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:48 pm

I'm watching.  So far I'm not totally taken with anyone.  I hope that changes.  I don't like the danger acts, so I didn't bother watching the night they devoted to the ones that were outdoors.
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Nor did I watch the outdoor night, WW.  I'm a strange bird.  Don't care for the magic, mind-reading, danger, etc.  Give me dancers, singers, acrobats and comedians.  Do you watch "Last Comic Standing?"  Two of them had me laughing out loud last week.  Believe me - I can use a good laugh.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:39 pm

I watched Last Comic Standing last week for the first time.  Some of them were quite good!
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Hey - I love AGT! I just found this topic today. I'll come here often.
I agree - no danger acts. Singers, dancers, comics and magicians for me. . . and an occasional dog or novelty act.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Starz wrote:Hey - I love AGT! I just found this topic today. I'll come here often.
I agree - no danger acts. Singers, dancers, comics and magicians for me. . . and an occasional dog or novelty act.
My feelings exactly however I think that dog act that won a few years back will be very hard to beat.  I had never seen a dog do a back flip before.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:20 am

WidderWoman4 wrote:I watched Last Comic Standing last week for the first time.  Some of them were quite good!

I thought so, too.  But this week, I never cracked a smile.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:21 am

What ever happened to the Movement to deport Piers Morgan? I vote yes.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:39 am

Starz wrote:What ever happened to the Movement to deport Piers Morgan? I vote yes.
I was a bit surprised to see him on there last night - not sure what that was all about but I sure haven't missed him.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:49 pm

I watch!!  I hadn't really poked through most of the other forums on here outside of DWTS and SYTYCD, so I just saw this now.  I'm still pissed that they put that stupid puppet through instead of the magician a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know what they were smoking but that was just ridiculous. 

Does anyone know if they have a judge's save or wild-card acts that get put through as well as the 7 that get picked each week?  Because I'm still hoping for that magician to make it to the live shows.  I know I should just get over it, but I can't.  He was so darn good, and the puppets just were not.  Also (at the risk of sounding like a horrible person) the blind dancer who made it through.  I give the kid all the props in the world for getting out there and dancing, but the reality is that he's good but not great. 

I suppose it's the same every year - there are some people they put through that I just sit back in my living room and go WTF?

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:26 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:I watch!!  I hadn't really poked through most of the other forums on here outside of DWTS and SYTYCD, so I just saw this now.  I'm still pissed that they put that stupid puppet through instead of the magician a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know what they were smoking but that was just ridiculous. 

Does anyone know if they have a judge's save or wild-card acts that get put through as well as the 7 that get picked each week?  Because I'm still hoping for that magician to make it to the live shows.  I know I should just get over it, but I can't.  He was so darn good, and the puppets just were not.  Also (at the risk of sounding like a horrible person) the blind dancer who made it through.  I give the kid all the props in the world for getting out there and dancing, but the reality is that he's good but not great. 

I suppose it's the same every year - there are some people they put through that I just sit back in my living room and go WTF?
I was wondering the same thing LadyMustang ~ seems to me in the past each judge was allowed to bring back one act that they favored.  

I was thinking the same thing about the blind dancer and was actually surprised that he made it over some of the others.  I also give the kid props for doing the dancing he is doing but there were other talents that were better IMO that should have moved on.  JMO
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:57 pm

I think they changed the rules this year. I have not heard mention of a Wild Card for this season. Maybe the Golden Buzzer replaced them.

I agree about the blind dancer. There are times when the judges let their emotions rules. It was nice of them to give him his "moment", however, it also cheated someone else of a career opportunity. Tough call.
My favorites were cut last night, :crying1:Vox, the 4 male singers.

This way of cutting 20 to 7 is tough - and - depends so much on who make up the 20. Plus they want their quotas of singers, dancers, novelty, etc. So a great act can be cut if there are too many in the same category - or - they are on a week with too many good acts.

And what do you think about the "Regurgitation Artist"?

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:59 pm

Starz wrote:
What happened to my emoticon? Here it is - I hope.
Crying

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:22 pm

Starz wrote:
Starz wrote:
What happened to my emoticon? Here it is - I hope.
Crying
I liked them also and really would like to see some get called back like this group.  If the golden bell replaced the wild card I don't really like it at all since it was the guest judges that rang that bell and it did count as one of the 7 out of twenty.   Hissy fit
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Starz wrote:
And what do you think about the "Regurgitation Artist"?

He makes me want to throw up.  Sad

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum