Discussion HTDs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discussion HTDs Empty Discussion HTDs

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:15 pm

Use this thread to discuss episode 8 - home town dates.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Discussion HTDs Empty Re: Discussion HTDs

Post by victorian3 Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:23 am

Now don't "all of y'all" ladies faint when you see that I posted. (No this is not Andi D with the telltale all of y'alls--it's MEEEE!!!)  As you all know, I have not been feeling that great since the concussion and have many residual effects mostly with reading.  Some days it is a little better which seems to be weather related.  Barometric changes now throw me way off.  In any event, I must go back to visit my mother in NY and have been trying to get ready for the last two months.  Concentration is another issue for me so progress has been slow.  I have to leave this week and didn't want to disappear without a word.  I just perused the comments on the last few episodes and think that all of them were outstanding.  ITA with them too! 

As far as this week coming up, HTD will be interesting. Geographically, Josh would be the easiest relationship for Andi.  He brings that up often.  She wouldn't have to think of relocating or facing the unfamiliar--that is if she would even consider it with anyone.  Seems like she'd make the guy relocate. 

Poor Chris, being from Iowa, and working a s a farmer has him eliminated for those simple reasons.  What if he had a high paying job, let's say in business, and lived in LA.  What then...would she be inclined to consider him as a real possibility?  What do you think?  Her chemistry is off the charts with Josh,but that is all they really have besides his living in her hometown.  Chris has the substance and is genuine. 

Marcus is a sweetie but he is TOO sweet for a vulture like Andi.  And Nick, for me, is a definite no no. Personally I have NO attraction to him, do not find him to be sexy in the least, could never kiss him and have no clue what she sees in him.  Even if his edit is bad and he is actually a good guy, (hard to believe), there is something about him that just doesn't sit right with me nor should it with her.  Does it all matter in the end?  Who could put up with her temper flareups.  She changes on a dime (should I say dollar since we have high inflation rates)?  Just to watch her face change when she doesn't like what is being said.  We saw it with Eric, we saw it with Josh.  She pulls back, and looks ready to snarl.  

If nothing else, with these shows we get to see some of the world and it's unusual sights:)  

I am happy to see your posts, ladies, and glad to know that when I pop in you are here for me to chat with.  Be well.

Last edited by victorian3 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Good to see you, Victorian. Hope you will start feeling a lot better soon. Yeah, it stirs up some good conversations when people disagree at times but I think we all seem to have pretty much the same thoughts where Dandy Andi (said with much sarcasm) is concerned. lol
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:02 pm

rkc1960 wrote:Good to see you, Victorian. Hope you will start feeling a lot better soon. Yeah, it stirs up some good conversations when people disagree at times but I think we all seem to have pretty much the same thoughts where Dandy Andi (said with much sarcasm) is concerned. lol

Good to see you too rkc.  Thanks for the good wishes.  Would you beleive a when I was cleaning out the fridge yesterday, a 2 liter bottle (mostly empty) of soda fell over on the top shelf. It must have moved to the edge and just tipped over when I smoved somethng in the fridge.  Anyway, the screw off cap part clunked me in the head and I have been feeling dizzy since then.  Did basicaly nothing today/.  I must be off the charts sensitive since that bad concussion last summer.  Now I am set back again.  So, I wil have to take it easy and just watch tv.  I had planned to watch HTD anyway but if I feel like this tomorrow I will just sit and relax some more.

Wonder if there will be any drama with Nick tonight?  I kind of figured that Chris might be leaving because of what i wrote in my comment above.  Yet, there is always a hint of something going wrong with the Andi-Nick commection.  maybe TPTB stick that in to throw us off the track because he has been the frontrunner since Day 1, in HER eyes not mine!
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 am

Here is the link to an interesting article on the final guys of Andi's:

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/television_news/2014/07/bachelorette_andi_dorfman_chucks_her_job_and
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:40 am

Interesting and very analytical article.  I fell dead asleep at 7:30 last night and saw none of the program.  I "taped" it and will watch later today.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:46 am

Discussion HTDs Br9AOKDIMAAaRlQ

Poor Marcus got his heart broken tonight.  Such a handsome man, hope he finds love on Bachelor in Paradise now.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:59 am

I figured that is who went home.  In a way I'm sorry he's going to be on BIP.  If it's anything like BP has been, he just doesn't seem to belong there.  I found him too much of a gentleman for BIP.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:19 am

Here is the link to a recap of episode 8 from Boston.com:

http://www.boston.com/entertainment/tv/2014/07/08/the-bachelorette-episode-recap-family-affair/1xZavNpitc1c8kP4YI27wM/story.html#comments
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:23 am

THE BACHELORETTE: RECAP FOR JULY 7, 2014
DetailsWritten by Sammi-T
Discussion HTDs July7_bacheloretteTHE BACHELORETTE
RECAP FOR JULY 7, 2014

Hello, and welcome to The Bachelorette on ABC. Tonight is the night of the Hometown Dates, so Andi will visit the families of her four remaining suitors--Chris, Marcus, Nick and Josh. Only three guys will survive, so will their families meet Andi's expectations or have her running for the hills?

Date One: Nick. 
Hometown: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

The date starts with him taking her to a marketplace that reminds me of the huge one in Philly--the name is escaping me--that I went to when I went to Comic Con/Wizard World. I love places like that and can spend all day in one, just wandering, eating and shopping. 

They also go to a brewery and do polka dancing. I am officially jealous, this is totally my dream date. She likes seeing this side of Nick. 

We get to meet his huge family, which also includes in-laws, parents, aunts, uncles, siblings and even dogs! I love that he has a big family--that is another dream of mine.

The questions begin right away as to how their relationship is going and then his family members begin talking to each of them alone to see how they feel about one another. He loves her, she can see her life with him…she makes him laugh…he has had his heart broken….seriously, it is the same bloody thing every single season. Ask something interesting! 

Okay, his little sister Bella questioning Andi is actually kind of cute. I like how she tells her that when a person has a good personality, it automatically makes them look good. Of course, Bella forgets everything Andi told her by the time she goes to talk to Nick. 

Andi has a good feeling and wants to move forward with this. 

The night ends with them kissing goodnight. He is pretty sure she knows he loves her. 

Date Two: Chris
Hometown: Arlington, Iowa

Okay, this town is gorgeous. It kind of reminds me of the Twin Peaks episode of Psych, but I can see myself retiring here….that view. HE HAS A JOHN DEERE TRACTOR!!! MY BROTHER-IN-LAW WORKS ON JOHN DEERE TRACTORS!!! Okay, sorry, just got a little excited there. She sits on his lap as they drive and I guess she thinks his tractor's sexy?

He also has Chris Loves Andi written in the sky. She thinks it is cute. I think it is an overdone gesture. However, I am not into public displays of affection like this….or showiness. I am a simple kind of girl. Just tell me how you feel or show me with  your actions in our everyday life!

At the house, she meets the family and they sit down to dinner.  It is basically a repeat of Nick's date with everyone asking questions, talking about the journey so far and having one on one time with Andi and Chris. He is sensitive and  used to wear underwear on school days. Um, ok? The heck? 

There is nothing really noteworthy about this date except she is now on cloud nine. 

Date Three: Josh
Hometown: Tampa, Florida

They go to a baseball diamond and play a game. He says it is tough because he has been away from the game for so long, but Andi makes it okay. They also talk about his career and family--and to be honest, at this point I am tuning out because it isn't anything we haven't heard before. 

Andi and Josh have dinner with his family. We hear about his brother and how supportive Josh is of him. We also get football talk and the one on one time with the family members. The only noteworthy thing is Andi's legitimate worry that Josh would choose supporting his brother over family time. His sister says it is something they will have to work out. 

They also play football.

Date Four: Marcus
Hometown: Dallas, Texas

They re-enact their first date, including the stripping. He is HOT! Yes, Andi,  I agree. He tells her about the party and they kiss…a lot. 

When they get to the house, Andi meets his family and is presented with a special friendship bracelet made by one of the little girls. I think it is his niece? It is actually cute. 

Andi and Marcus talk to family members about their journey, the future and family. The part where Marcus opens up to his brother is sweet. I actually am brought to tears because it is obvious how much Marcus loves his brother. 

Marcus tells Andi he loves her and she thinks he could give her the world. They kid goodnight.

We then get to the moment that completely breaks my heart. Everyone gathers at Chris Harrison's house, where he delivers the news that Eric Hill has passed away. I am not sure how I feel about this being filmed. I understand why they did this, but I am not sure about how appropriate it is…I know if it were my child, I would not want this airing. 

Everyone is understandably shocked and upset. I am even in tears watching---my heart breaks for his family and those who knew him. Everyone just cries and hugs each other….I think people in production are also there grieving. 

Rose ceremony time:  Andi is still upset over Eric's death and isn't sure what to do. She feels she needs to be strong, but Chris Harrison tells her it is a tough night and she is allowed to show emotion. 

She goes to meet the guys and says this is emotional. After thanking them for introducing her to their families, she tries to begin the ceremony, but walks out in tears. Chris Harrison tells comforts her and lets her get everything out of her system.

Josh, Chris and Nick all get roses. Marcus is sent home. She walks him outside and assures him he did nothing wrong. They hug and cry together before it is time for im to say goodbye. 

Join us next week for the Overnight Dates on The Bachelorette. Goodnight.

Follow me on social media:
Facebook: Sammi-T
Twitter: TVG_Sammi
Instagram: TVG_Sammi

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/118-abc/the-bachelorette/7589-the-bachelorette-recap-for-july-7-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:42 am

I personally thought that Chris's HTD was the best.  I loved his whole family and Andi seemed to really be having fun there.  And then at the end of the episode they showed some more of the dinnertime at Chris's and it seemed very enjoyable.  It reminded me of Sean's HTD on Emily's season in which I also loved his family.  Chris seems to be very stable in where he is in his life and very successful in his business undertakings as well.  

I felt uncomfortable with Josh's family and Andi did not look like she was enjoying herself that much.  Mommy Murray doesn't seem like she is going to want to cut any apron strings and I think she would have her nose into your business all the time.  No thank you.  Something has always seemed off with Josh for me.

I have never been able to warm up to Nick and wasn't impressed with his HTD either.  That is really a huge family!  He was his over-confident self at the end of the date but seemed subdued at the RC and I don't know if that was because of the information on Eric or not.

I really liked Marcus and didn't like seeing him get hurt last night.  Evidently she felt nothing deeper for him that a physical attraction, which was understandable BTW, and so it was a good thing that she did not lead him on any longer IMO.  He may have better luck on Bachelor In Paradise or at least I hope he has a good time.  I really like Marcus and hope he finds what he is looking for very soon.  I thought he was very mature for a 25 year old man.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:39 pm

My VCR malfunctioned and so I "taped" nothing.  I think I have a way to watch it online through my Verizon account.  Otherwise, I will have to wait until next week when it can be seen on the motherboard.

Discussion HTDs Th?id=HN.608034371368717553&w=287&h=178&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:51 pm

newto the boards wrote:My VCR malfunctioned and so I "taped" nothing.  I think I have a way to watch it online through my Verizon account.  Otherwise, I will have to wait until next week when it can be seen on the motherboard.

Discussion HTDs Th?id=HN.608034371368717553&w=287&h=178&c=7&rs=1&pid=1
If I were you I would try to view it through your Verizon account, I wouldn't wait for the motherboard nor do I trust it.  You could also try hulu.com.  If you have cable you can probably view it through hulu now but I'm not sure.  Since I don't have cable if I miss it I am out of luck.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Thanks, SLA.  I am too lazy to go downstairs now and get the Verizon info.  I did try hulu and I can get it through them, too.  On the motherboard, I can get it through my Verizon account, too.  Will do tomorrow most likely.....I've just been very lethargic this week......

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 am

Well, I read that Marcus gets engaged on BIP.  One thread says Lacy, another Lucy.  If it's Lucy, is she the air-head hippie from JP's season? (Or was it Ben's?)  I can never remember.

I liked Marcus, but something was off.  Too eager and vulnerable, like a puppy who needed love.

So much of the stuff we see is producer-driven, like the single-topic of Aaron in Josh's HTD.  Out of ALL those hours, we get Aaron.  Someone above was right in her assessment of his mother being a possible intrusive element in their lives. (Vic? - Good to see you here.)

I also agree that Andi would never give up the perks of the city for a quiet life on a farm with Chris.

Nick.  Ah, Nick.  Possessive, suffocating, sneaky Nick.  Or is it just the picture the producers painted?  At this point, who the heck knows?  This show has plunged to the depths of deception and misdirection.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:28 am

I just finished watching this episode on the motherboard. All I had to do was give my hubs e-mail address and password for our Verizon account.  On Hulu it was only available through Hulu plus and they wanted credit card info so I backed out of there in a hurry.

Thought this was one of the best group of HTDs.  Nobody did anything stupid. No weird taxidermists, etc. 

As for Marcus getting engaged, I tend not to take much stock in that rumor....especially if it's Lucy.  They just do not belong together, IMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:42 pm

I thought her name was Lacy not Lucy that he got engaged to, she was eliminated the 1st night from Juan Pablo's season.  I do not think Lucy was on Bachelor In Paradise.

Discussion HTDs 300x169
Lacy Faddoul, 25, La Jolla, CA – The Bachelor, Season 18 (Juan Pablo)

Lacy left without ever really getting a shot with Juan Pablo. This caregiver to the elderly needs a good man who will take care of her. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:54 pm

It was corrected on the motherboard to Lacy.  I had forgotten what she looked like.  Thanks for the picture, SLA.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Here is a link to a humerus recap article I came across on episode 8:

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/bachelorette-episode-8-andi-murray-the-homeschooled-tennis-star-070814
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:01 pm

SLA44 wrote:Here is a link to a humerus recap article I came across on episode 8:

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/bachelorette-episode-8-andi-murray-the-homeschooled-tennis-star-070814
Thanks for posting this recap, SLA. I love a good recap complete with sarcastic humor throughout. LOL

Ok, my take on Nick's hometown date. Boring...the only thing interesting was how Nick's little sister couldn't remember anything. That was hysterical.

Josh's was what they wanted to make you believe...that for hours all talk was about his younger brother and the NFL draft. I really find that hard to believe. It's being made a big deal out of Josh probably wanting to be at his kid brother's games. So what. It's not like football season is all year long. A couple can't be up each other's asses all the time. I like having some time away from my BF as well as time together.

Chris has it going on. I would move out to where he lives, especially having a man that has his own business, home, money. She's crazy. Reports now are saying that she wants to take a break which is why she quit, she wants to have a family right away. So, then why was she making such a big deal about Chris living out in the country like she wasn't wanting to give up her career and be a homemaker? Simple...just an excuse because she knew she wasn't going to choose him.

As to Marcus, I think he is a sweet guy but I have to say he reminds me of a needy chick. He fell way too fast. If he was so in love with Andi then why did he go right into BiP, supposedly fall in love fast yet again AND get engaged as well? SMH

I still don't believe that they handled the death of Eric Hill that well. Was it really necessary to add what they did this week to what they have already did and said this season about his death? I still think it was about milking it for ratings. I had no problem with CH coming on the first night and mention it but deliberately filming people being told in this manner was classless in my opinion.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:32 am

rkc - I agree with you that the filming of CH telling everyone about Eric Hill's death was tacky.  It should have been done in private, with no cameras.  Oh well since when is discretion the middle name of TPTB?

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 am

rkc, I agree with your "needy" assessment of Marcus.  He may be rebuilding a relationship with his mother, but still dealing with the issues of her abandonment and rejection.  Those things can make one reserved, yet clingy.

Chris just isn't my facial type or I'd jump to the farm in a split-second.  Out of the remaining, he seems the most mature and centered.  He has a head on his shoulders. 

Forget Nick.

I'm wondering what Josh is really like.  They've done everything they can with the edit to throw viewers off his trail.  Some see the sparkle in Andi when she's with him.  For me - meh.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Here is the link to a really fun recap of the HTDs.  

http://www.ihategreenbeans.com/

I think this writer really dug the Farmer!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top