Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discussion Empty Discussion

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:09 am

Please use this thread to discuss episode 7.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Discussion Empty Re: Discussion

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:28 am

THE BACHELORETTE: RECAP FOR JUNE 30, 2014
DetailsWritten by Sammi-T

Discussion Bachelorette_Andi-Lead

THE BACHELORETTE RECAP FOR JUNE 30, 2014

Hello, and welcome to The Bachelorette on ABC.  Tonight, Andi Dorfman will take her remaining suitors to Brussels, Belgium  for romance, dates and roses. Tonight is also the night we find out who will get the coveted hometown dates. Everything is on the line, so the pressure and tension is at an all time high.

After a pep talk about the week to come, Chris Harrison hands over the first date card. 

Date Card One: Marcus's clue is Let's get a taste of Brussels. HEART Andi. Although there is no rose, she is still thinking about whether or not they have a future. 

The date consists of them exploring, tasting the local food and drink and talking. He admits to her he was thinking of leaving, but decided to stay and see what happened. He also admits he is falling in love. She is happy he is able to share his feelings. 

Dinner is served at the Academy Palace. It is gorgeous and officially a place I am adding to my travel bucket list. He talks about his family and his father leaving. she says she is not concerned about who is NOT there, but would rather hear about who will be there. He goes on to talk about his mom and how she always did the best she could with what she had. As he talks about his family and the struggles they faced, she realizes he is going to be an amazing husband and father. 

As they kiss, she says he is the total package. He thinks she is the one. 

Date Card Two: Josh's clue is Let's get is on. 

Nick decides that he wants to surprise Andi, so he tells the hotel staff she is his wife in order to get a room key. She is surprised to see him, but decides to go for a walk so they can talk. She says these guys need to also be making moves and decisions about their lives with her, so if they want to do something, they should go for it. Bascially, the entire thing is them making out. He is passionate. I am bored.

Back to Josh's date. She thinks he is the guy all girls want and she wants to know his emotions and what he is thinking. There is a goose parade , they have lunch, drink beer and talk. These dates are boring tonight. 

At dinner, she wants to get inside his head and know how he feels so that she can know if she should take him to the Hometown Dates. When she says this, I think of Lizzie McGuire and the cartoon that said what she was thinking. Now I want to see a cartoon Josh say what he is thinking and feeling about this whole situation. I also now want to watch The Lizzie McGuire Movie.

He admits he is falling in love with her. They make out and are serenaded by some random musician I never heard of. There is dancing and more kissing. 

Date Card Three: Nick, Dylan, Brian and Chris get the clue True love is sacred.

This is the only date with a rose and she thinks it is the most important because she will know without a shadow of a doubt she wants to meet the parents. 

They go bike riding and play some stupid rhyming game that may be cute if I were doing it with my four-year-old nephews, but not with a bunch of grown men. 

She spends time with the guys both in one on one and in a group setting. She tells them about the rose and whomever gets it will also get special one on one time with her. 

The other guys are worried about the rose, the hometowns and the drama with Nick being fake. 

Basically, all I got from this is everyone is in love with Andi and wants a rose. They also all try to talk up their families. Nick makes her feel special. He gets the rose, he thinks it means she is saying she loves him and they get special alone time.

Tonight is so BORING! On the upside, I was able to do my nails, so there's that. 

The other guys are pissed off, start screaming cursing and talking about what a snake Nick is. I suddenly begin singing Paula Abdul's Cold Hearted Snake. For those of you unfamiliar with the song, here it is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7aShcmEksw

Nick and Andi kiss, watch fireworks and talk about what they would be like as parents. 

Later on, the guys are still pissed off at Nick and confront him about trying to get inside their heads and how they don't trust him. Again, I am picturing cartoon versions of these guys saying things they can't say out loud, just like on Lizzie McGuire. Since this is the second time good ole' Lizzie came up, here is a clip of cartoon Lizzie.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-QCOynxFu4

Back to the guys. They accuse Nick of being a gamer and they continue to argue. This is making my brain hurt because it is so ridiculous. 

Cocktail party time! Everyone gets more one on one time and talk about their hometowns and families. 

Rose ceremony time. Nick has a rose. There are three left. Every rose ceremony feels like a counting lesson. I think The Count from Sesame Street should host a rose ceremony so we always know how many roses are left.  Here is a clip of The Count.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AoxCkySv34

Josh, Marcus and Chris all get roses. Dylan and Brian are sent home. I barely remember either of them so part of me wonders if they just randomly showed up for rose ceremonies. They certainly didn't make an impression one way or the other. 

Andi is in tears because she had to send them home.

Dylan is sad because he was rejected and and says he deserves to fall in love again. 

Brian thinks things could have gone differently and says this is the girl of his dreams. He says he will give his all to the girl he loves, but says he will be furious if Andi doesn't get the guy she deserves.

Join us next week for more of The Bachelorette when we go on the hometown dates. Goodnight.  

Follow me on social media:
Facebook: Sammi-T
Twitter: TVG_Sammi
Instagram: TVG_Sammi

Tuesday, July 01, 2014
http://tvgrapevine.com/118-abc/the-bachelorette/7215-the-bachelorette-recap-for-june-30-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:51 am

I wonder how long it will take Andi to figure out "Slick Nick" (USN made up that name; very apropos).  If she ends up with him, she better buy a lot of detergent to dissolve the slime.  JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:18 am

I don't know if I voiced this opinion on this board but I'm beginning to feel Fleiss has overplayed his villain-ization of Nick.  I'm thinking that if the camera dropped down on the PI's, we'd see a script.  They showed nearly as much film of Nick as they did Andi.

All the more to make us anticipate her final choice.  Marcus is forgettable and Chris lives in Iowa.  If it's Josh, no one will have seen it coming.  Even on JP's season, they showed more of Clare's antics than Nikki.  Instead of a romance, we're getting "Will the bad guy win?"

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:46 pm

I'm beginning to think the same thing, Singly. They are making such a big to-do over Nick and his antics that I think they are scripting him to be a male Courtney Robertson. I have a hard time believing he is truly that cocky for real or if it's mostly TPTB's doing. Maybe it's just me but I can't for the life of me see what she could possibly see in him. I personally don't think he's that good looking and his personality just kind of grates on me. I still feel like he is probably one of the final 2 but I'm thinking he will ultimately be the F2. I am looking forward to seeing that smirk wiped off of his face.

On the group date I think Andy made a slimy move. She had already had a second one on one date with Nick and even though the other guys presumable didn't know that Nick showed up at her room, she picked him to spend even MORE time with. So that tells the other three guys that they basically don't matter to her. I think she already knew that the roses for the HTD's would be Nick, Josh and Marcus and I think she really didn't care who else was the fourth and Chris got it just because she may have liked hanging out with him more than the other two. I already knew Brian and Dylan would be the ones going home this week...she just didn't seem to put much into them.  

I think as far as being genuine in any way, Marcus seems to be one of the nicest ones out of this seasons guys and I think he's pretty sincere...but I still don't believe these people fall in love so fast. Which brings me to another point, it is driving me crazy that Andy has been pushing the issue so much of these guys to say they are falling in love with her. It's like saying they see a potential is not good enough. No wonder all of this is so hard to believe. 

I think her one on one date with Josh sealed the deal. I think she's had it bad for him all along and that's why she was dying to hear him say he was falling for her. I think since she wasn't getting a clear picture with Josh that Nick started to become  her back up. I can't blame her though because Josh is definitely a hottie but this whole thing has to be more than a sexual attraction which is why these relationships don't usually seem to work out.

I may be wrong but from what I see here is my prediction (unless something unforeseen happens):

Chris will be sent home next week.
Marcus the following week.
In the finale she will choose Josh and Nick will be sent home with his tail between his legs.

****As to the previews for next week, I saw this coming as well....As much as these jokers claimed they didn't know how to proceed with the show due to Eric Hill's death, they certainly made sure that as soon as they found out, without a second thought they had those camera's right in the thick of things filming raw emotions upon hearing about his death. Talk about ratings gold...they make me sick because that's all they seem to think about. They knew exactly what they would do and they played it to the hilt. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:25 pm

RKC - Good post, but I think Marcus is going home next week and Chris will be sent home before the Fantasy Suite as F3, thus paving his way to be the next Bachelor.

I think she was pushing all of them so she could firm up who were the F4 with no "mistakes" on her part.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Honestly, I had to take a stab at guessing who would be sent home next. I figured it would be Chris or Marcus. But I think her connection has been stronger with Marcus and that's why I am guessing it will be Chris next. I also can't see her being a farmers wife even though he has money LOL.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:19 am

Great post, rkc.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Here is the link to an interview/story about Brian Osborne post the bacherolette:

http://www.pennlive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/07/the_bachelorettes_brian_osborn.html#incart_m-rpt-1
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:27 am

Nice, well written article.  I thought he was a nice person.  He'll probably get "scooped up" in less than six months.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:10 am

He would have been MY pick.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top