Episode 4 Discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 4 Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:43 am

I only watched the second half-hour of last night's program.  A wasted half-hour, IMHO.   Watching a pot of water boil on the stove would have been more interesting.  LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 am

Here is the recap from tvgrapevine - someone copied it for me on another site - my internet provider has blocked access to the site for tvgrapevine.   Hissy fit 

THE BACHELORETTE
RECAP FOR JUNE 9, 2014

Hello, and welcome to The Bachelorette on ABC. Tonight is something a bit different. Instead of doing a regular episode, we have a recap of Andi Dorfman's journey up to this point. Considering it has been only a month (if that?) since it began, I am not sure why it is needed, but it is fun to go back and snark at some of the most interesting moments.

We start off by seeing her meet everyone again. I've learned Marcus is hot, Andi is a hugger and Cody still reminds me of a boy band Jersey Shore reject. Oh, and Nick S. is a pro golfer not a golf cart salesman. 

More highlights: 
Seeing Eric still makes me sad, it truly is heartbreaking to know this was his last big adventure. 

I wonder if the hotel ever got the lamp back that Brett stole?

Emil=It's like Anal with an M. 

I would have laughed so hard if that soccer ball broke the limo window. 

Cocktail party notes:
I would totally marry a guy treated me to a cookie tasting. 

Would I wear the pants pantsapreneur dude made? Probably not, but it is a nice thought. 

I highly doubt Chris B. camped out for seven days. Would he really go to meet her after going that long without a shower? 

Group date highlights: 

You can learn to be a male stripper in a single afternoon and random ladies will scream at you no matter how fake and amateur it looks. 

It is completely normal for a bunch of guys to get a singing lesson from Boyz II Men and have a group of people come watch them and cheer them on, film it and act as if they are at a One Direction concert. (That little girl covering her ears still cracks me up!) This performance reminds me of a middle school talent show, complete with the dude who made up his own lyrics when he forger the original. 

There will always be a sporting competition where the losing team leaves angry, bitter and disappointed. 

One on one date highlights: 
Another completely normal occurrence? You will go to the beach, then fly (in a private helicopter, no less!) to a snowy location, where Olympian Louie Vito will be waiting to give you a snowboarding lesson. 

A random musician will show up when you and your date share your first kiss. 

Dressing as if you are fifty years older than you are with your date is not at all unusual and nobody at everyone will think you are really that old.

Rappelling off a building is a great bonding experience--even without the shots of tequila, box of Depends and a side of 'not a chance in hell!'

Other worthy notes: 
Was it really necessary to show the post-Eric elimination footage with the guys? It seems a bit cruel and unnecessary. They should have just let it go and not aired it. (I know it wasn't a lot, but still.) Let the poor guy rest in peace, there is no need to let his family watch this and make them feel even worse. 

I wonder if there is a full service bar there? Where did that one guy get a chocolate martini? 

There will always be fighting and drama before rose ceremonies.

At least one guy will complain about not getting enough one on one time and be jealous of those who get it. 

The rose ceremony music is more dramatic than necessary, but I want it to play whenever I have to make an important decision. 

The final rose tonight means only one more is left and only one more guy will get to move on to the next week. Apparently, they think none of us can count or figure it out on our own, so they have to remind us every.single.week. 

Seeing Tasos leave is actually quite sad. Getting friend zoned on TV has to suck, even if it is what they signed up for in the first place. 

Join us next week on The Bachelorette as we watch Andi's journey of love go global. Goodnight. 

tvgrapevine.com
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:21 am

Best sarcasm I've read in a long time!!

ROFL

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:17 am

I ffwded through most of the show.  But I did watch the aftermath of her tirade when Nick went to comfort her.  I've been suspicious of him, and last night added another log to the fire.  When he returned to the other guys, that smug face was a real turn-off.  I got the impression from the men that his comforting session ate up all the time and none of the others got to sit with her at all.

I really don't know why I watch.  I don't care for Andi and if she chooses my fav, I'll be disappointed for him.  It's a no-win season.  While I enjoy Brian and that dazzling smile, a part of me hopes he gets off the hook to find someone better.

Last edited by singlyme on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 pm

LOL Singly - Is Brian your favorite then?  I too don't really want her to pick my favorite, which is actually two of them right now.  I find Nick to be rather arrogant and he is not at all appealing to me nor is Josh.  So I would be find with Andi picking either one of those two.  Giggle 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:20 pm

I sort of like JJ, too, but I'm getting an undercurrent vibe from him, as well.  Who are your two favs?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Right now my favorites are Chris and Marcus.  I also kind of like Dylan and Brian seemed nice on the group date but he really doesn't ring my chimes.  I still wondering about JJ and Patrick just need to see more of them I guess.  I don't know why Chris seems to be hidden so much when it comes to time with Andi.  It's been like zip since their 1-on-1.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:34 am

.....why is Chris hidden?  Perhaps because he seems to be a fairly normal person without a "story" or "issues" and of course normalcy adds nothing to the drama.  JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:05 am

We know the edit will stick to the guys with issues.  That's why we're getting so much of Nick right now.  The old "power hustle."  If they can milk more out of Dylan's tragedy, that'll come.

I suspect from previews, we'll have a blow-up with Andrew.  They're intimating he's the one with a girl back home.  A hint that there's a problem with JJ, as well.

I really hope she ends up with Nick or Josh, simply because the ones I like seem too nice for her.

Feeling so indifferent to a lead is perplexing.  Why do I watch?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:40 am

Why do we watch?  Well, beautiful scenery for one, habit for another.  Two hours of mindless entertainment where we do not have to think or to contemplate the issues of the world.  How's that?  Works for me!!

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Singly I agree with you that I don't want her to end up with the ones that I like because I think they deserve much better than that.  Nick or Josh would be just fine with me and I may even lean towards Josh because I think they may deserve each other and they both seem to have a short fuse so they can go at each other.  I am looking forward to seeing some of France next week though - I believe that is one of the reasons a lot of people watch this stupid show.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top