Episode 4 Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 4 Discussion Empty Episode 4 Discussion

Post by SLA44 Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Use this thread to discuss this episode.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 4 Discussion Empty Re: Episode 4 Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Accidentally put my comment on episode 4 in the episode 3 slot.  Too lazy to move it.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi, newto.  I saw your post and agree.  I'm already predicting Andi will choose the guy who fawns over her the most.  Right now, it's looking like a toss-up between Nick and Josh.  lol

Personally, I find myself gravitating toward Brian.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi, singly.  Hope all is well with you.

Nick will fawn over her the most; he already is doing that.  Josh seems to think she is already his girlfriend; he seems rather cocky and possessive of her.

Brian seems like a nice guy, but I wonder if she wants to end up in a little town in PA.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Here's the recap for episode 4 from TVgrapevine:

THE BACHELORETTE
RECAP FOR JUNE 2, 2014    

Hello, and welcome to The Bachelorette on ABC. Tonight is night two of our special two night event, in which we witness the beautiful ADA Andi Dorfman find love. With only thirteen men left, the tension is rising, drama is unfolding and hearts are about to be broken. What will happen? We are about to find out!

Tonight's journey is in New England. They are actually at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. I have some very fond memories of being there with my mom and sister's godmother as a young twentysomething. 

Date Card One: Dylan's clue is 'our relationship is picking up steam.'  They will be going on an Essex Steam Train and tour up the Connecticut river. It actually sounds like fun! 

Dylan plans to tell Andi about losing both his siblings to drugs. Before we get to all that, they describe their perfect dates, relationships and settling down. Andi listens to him, but knows there is more to him that meets the eye. She hopes he opens up a bit more during dinner. All she knows now is that he was in an eight year relationship at one point and that his brother died.

At dinner, he says the closest people in his life are his mom, grandparents and uncle. He never grew up with a father. He reveals that his sister died of a drug overdose four years ago and that his brother was also on drugs and despite trying to turn his life around, overdosed and died this past November. My heart just breaks for him. I just want to hug him. He remembers having to take care of his mom during that time. 

Andi is in tears and worries if she brought back any bad memories. They talk a bit more about him letting his guard down and she gives him a rose.

The night ends with them boarding the train once again and enjoying the night view.

Date Card Two: Group Date with the clue 'whose got game' Chris, Brian, Nick, Tasos, Marquel, Andrew, Patrick, Josh, Eric, JJ and Codyare all on this date. (thank you to Reality Steve for the confirmation.) 

They play basketball with the WNBA. There is nothing at all noteworthy about this, except that they were divided into teams and the winning team acts annoying. 

At the after party, Andi spends one on one time with the guys. 

Eric says he wants their time together to be less formal, and it causes a bit of an argument between them. He talks about giving up religion and somehow, after all this, she feels like they are back on track. I beg to differ. 

Brian gets  a kiss after he makes a special basketball shot. I have no clue what it is or what symbolism it has because I know nothing about the sport, but he made the shot, got a kiss and Bob's your uncle. He also gets a rose.

Date Card Three: The sky's the limit is the clue. Marcus is on the date. They are doing the infamous, I am afraid of heights and we will rappel off a building without a shot of tequila and pair of Depends date. All you need to know is, they 'got over' their fear and all is right with the world. 

At dinner, we learn that this is the first girl he has been with since his last break up, he can't believe anyone would cheat on her and she is grateful how he showed an 'intriguing and attractive strength.' Whatever the hell that means. He gets a rose and kisses. 

They go to a concert for some random dude I never even heard of and I am too lazy to google. He is a cute country dude, so there's that. Andi and Marcus kiss and dance the night away. 

Andi gets somber flowers and a letter from a secret admirer. She goes to the cocktail party to figure it out. 

She gets one on one time with the guys. There is talking, kissing and bonding. 

Eric tells her he feels like she is not being herself all the time the way she was on their first date. He feels like she is putting on an act. She is pissed and begins to cry. She sends him home. 

She tells the guys if anyone else feels the same way, they can just leave. 

Eric feels bad that he made Andi cry and talks about how love is a reason to live and how love and family is the way to live. He basically just wanted Andi to know he wanted her to just be herself. It is so surreal to see this knowing he died. My heart breaks knowing he never got his wish. 

Chris Harrison tells us we will not be seeing tonight's rose ceremony because this was Eric's last TV moment before he died. Instead, he and Andi talk about his death and her feelings at this point. My heart is breaking and I want to cry. 

The two of them share memories of Eric and how he was at one point someone she was looking for. She talks a bit about their last moments together and how she wishes she had another conversation with him. 

Chris says they were notified about Eric's death during the filming of the hometown dates. He says everyone was effected by his death and my heart breaks all over again. She compares his death to losing a family member. She says his death is still tough and shocking to deal with and it is obvious she is trying to hold it all together. 

Chris says Tasos was sent home that night, but it was not right to show his elimination. He sends his condolences to his family and loved ones.

Join us in two weeks for more of The Bachelorette on ABC. Goodnight.

http://tvgrapevine.com/118-abc/the-bachelorette/6890-the-bachelorette-recap-for-june-2-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:40 am

That article sounds like it could have been written with all the flattery CH could give it.  Are we sure he didn't author the recap??? lol

Aside from Brian, I'm not impressed with any of the remaining guys.  He seems energetic and happy. 

I suppose I'd be suspicious of anyone who thought they were falling in love so quickly.  That stuff is for teenagers and some of these guys behave as if it's their first walk in the park.

I just can't warm up to Andi.  I think Eric hit the nail on the head about her being a split personality - on and off camera.  She seems so cold and calculating to me - someone whose emotions are kindled only when adulation is being expressed.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:30 am

ITA with everything you said, singly.  You hit the nail on the head.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Eric tells her he feels like she is not being herself all the time the way she was on their first date. He feels like she is putting on an act. She is pissed and begins to cry. She sends him home. 

She tells the guys if anyone else feels the same way, they can just leave. 

Eric feels bad that he made Andi cry and talks about how love is a reason to live and how love and family is the way to live. He basically just wanted Andi to know he wanted her to just be herself. It is so surreal to see this knowing he died. My heart breaks knowing he never got his wish. 

This is from the recap above and I did see it this way with Eric .  To me Andi just didn't understand what he was trying to say to her.  I'm not so sure that the parting wasn't more mutual though than it being a matter of Andi sending him home.  I think the discussion got to a point where they both realized it would not work between them and he willing left.  JMO
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:30 pm

I think so, too, SLA.  It was mutual.  I don't bear any ill will because it was Eric who got her explosion.  It was her explosion.  Period.  Walking road rage.  Very unattractive.  She has extremely thin skin for someone so agressive.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if she isn't insecure or if she has an inferiority complex and this is her way of hiding it or covering it up.  I just don't know why she would have such a short fuse and it will be interesting to see if she has it with all the men or just the ones she is not really feeling it with.  I guess we will just have to wait to find out.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi there!  This is from the facebook site for the restaurant visited on Dylan's 1-on-1 date.

Episode 4 Discussion 10301285_753758841311825_5583957240023602403_s
The Griswold Inn
May 29 · Edited

Yes, it's true! The rumors have been flying and at last we are at liberty to say...

ABC's popular romantic reality show, The Bachelorette, filmed part of the 4th episode of its 10th season in, none other than, Essex! And why not? We think... the quintessential New England village and the atmospheric 'Gris' might just be the perfect place to ignite a romantic spark.

After an adventurous day date, Bachelorette Andi Dorfman and one lucky guy spent a relaxing evening getting to know each other over dinner in The Griswold Inn's historic Covered Bridge Room. Though we can't reveal the identity of the dashing fellow, we definitely sensed an electric charge in the air. We are hopeful a romantic connection was made and "our guy" gets the rose! The 1776 Gris has been the site of many a love match over two centuries - including so many of our regular customers and friends. It would be wonderful to add another to the ever-growing list!

"Our" episode of The Bachelorette airs on ABC this Monday, June 2nd at 8/7c. The Essex Steam Train & Riverboat is also featured as well as the Mohegan Sun just up the road. Stay tuned! See More
— with Denise Smith at The Griswold Inn.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:33 pm

I've been upset about what happened with Eric.  IMO he was just trying to communicate with Andi the way people should do when there is something bothering them.  It all backfired when he chose the words that set her off.  Then the wrath and fire of Andi came out once again, and it wasn't because someone did NOT ask her about herself (which drove her into a frenzy with JP)but because someone cared enough to want to find out more about the REAL Andi. Afterward, when they gave one another the almost obligatory farewell hug, she had such an icy cold evil look in her eyes.  It was scary to see someone turn like that.  WOW!!! I hope at that point  that Eric saw that he was escaping a ticking time bomb.  Of course, it is all moot and his tragic fate continues to bother me.  Andi did not even seem that sorry for any of it when she had her little sit down with Chris.  I am sure that she felt badly about his fate but in retrospect, she didn't seem to regret how she handled it.  

As far as who she will end up with, it seems that Brian is sweet and "normal, but I can't see her being happy with a basketball coach from a small town; likewise, can't see her with a warm, genune farmer though Chris is the real deal.  Not sure abut JJ.  I think she enjoyed his company but don't know that she'd end up with him either.  For some reason, she likes Nick.  I don't.  He's not my taste in a man, and something about him bothers me...something I don't trust but I don't know what it is.  She has liked him since the beginning.  I just get an uh oh with him.  Andrew I totally dislike and have since the get go and I hope he leaves--though at this point I am upset enough with her to now want one of the good guys to get stuck with her.  I don't think she's a nice person.  She's too controlling and too volatile.  Josh is the one who could handle her.  She's attracted to him.  He's outspoken and aggressive enough.  Marcus is a lovesick puppy who she might grow weary of--though I do like him.  These are my thoughts, I'll keep watching, but without Eric there, who was so classy and so evolved, my interest has deeply waned. 

PS You all must check out Eric's website.  It is amazing to see what he acccomplished and how giving he was with all the peoples of the world.  
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi, Vic.  I must say I've never been a fan of Andi.  Just watching so I can keep up with fellow posters.  (It's how I wake up while my lower back thaws in the morning.)

Nick and Josh seem the frontrunners.  Nick with his flowers - and it was probably he who sent the love letter.  Josh because of all his gushing, acting like a grade school kid with his first crush.  She's probably lapping it up like a cat in a milkhouse.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi singly.  ITA on your feelings about Andi as I am not an Andi fan either.   Yes, Nick and Josh seems like the frontrunners but I'd add Marcus in there right now.  She has a thing for him too. As I said, I am leary abut Nick and I think that I saw a quick bit in a preview where there might be some trouble brewing with Nick.  No matter how silly the seasons may be, I like the show because it doesn't rquire thinking, it is pure decademt tv entertainment, and i get to travel the world without leaving my LR chair:)  (REALLY great in HD).  BUT, this season, because of what happened with Eric, there is a damper on it.  I thik many people feel this way.   Cody seemed like he was best buds with Eric and I wonder how the whole MTA will go down.  There will probably be some discussion about Eric ...

Hope you are feeling better after all your surgeries, etc.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:02 am

Thanks for asking, vic.  I got some health things crossed off my list.  But when I wasn't looking, someone added a line item.  They found something on my mammogram, then sonogram.  It's small, but there.  With my cancer history, I should probably be more concerned, but after this long surgical year, it's on a shelf (back of my mind.)  I don't see the surgeon until the 30th and you can bet on a bevy of tests before anything is done.  That spells $ co-pays $.

But right now, I'm feeling better than I have in what seems a very long time.  Getting outdoors and getting things done.  I've adapted (lol) to "melting"my back with a heating pad each morning - just like brushing my teeth.  I want to get as much done as possible before I'm recuperating from what will likely be yet another surgery.  Yuck - and - pfft.  As I'm sure you know, old muscles go fast while on the mend with something else.  And a friend just advised that anesthesia kills brain cells each time it's used.  Could this be true?  Good Lord, I'll be a vegetable if this keeps up.   Duh 

I hope you've recovered from your own health issues.  I recall you took a fall.  Everything okay?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:22 pm

I couldn't stand Andi's personality from last season and the only reason I'm watching it is out of habit and entertainment. I knew it was only a matter of time until we saw her explosive nature rear it's ugly head. I don't believe Eric said anything wrong. I thought he was open and honest on their one on one date and that was just the part of the conversation that we saw. Before their explosive conversation earlier in the evening she was telling him that she feels he doesn't open up enough and he seemed taken aback by her saying that....as was I after witnessing their date. I'm sure that what Eric said later to her was brought on by that exchange because he didn't understand why she would say that to him. I think by that point she was developing the hots for other guys and that was going to be her way of giving a reason for eliminating some guys. The way they ended the show seemed a little contrived to me. It seemed not so much about Eric's exit and honoring him in some way as it did trying to smooth over ruffled feathers that people would be feeling towards Andi for her rudeness. After all, they still have to finish up a season with this nasty bitch.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Indeed       Applause

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi rkc and newto  Seems like you are both agreeing with wha I said on pg 1 of this thread.  She did accuse him of not opening up when HE has been the one who was open.  That story abut Syria, and thinking that he might die in a moment so he texted his aparents--that is makin ghimself vulnerable.  She should have recognized and totally appreciated his ability to comunicate.  I never liked her.  So we all agree but yet we watch:)
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Singly, I am sorry to hear of yur new problem.  Gosh, that cloud follows you but I don't run out of empathy.  Several years ago my mammo showed something and I had to go further.  Luckily, the biopsy managed to get it all and it turned out to be calcium deposits.  Maybe you'll get lucky too.  I hope so.  I'm pulling for you.  I know how frustrating this all has been for you.  It is so upsetting, then you feel lousy, you get weak, and just when you feel bette,r something else happens.

As far as my problem, no, it was not a fall.  i was assaulted, hit over the head with the Sunday NY Times.  This crazy man in my mother's building was annoyed that i didn't remember him--why should I, we oly talked once, a year ealier, for less than five minutes.  Did not give him the right to hit me.  I still have effects from this concussion.  Have trouble reading, bending down, concentrating, etc.  The creep is a lawyer so the police said he'd get out on bail and then sue me for slander.  He got away with it.  i am contemplating small claims court.  He cost me more thanmoney.  He has cost me time with my mother, my whole four months in Ny when I sat in the house, woozy, dizzy, etc.  Lost out on my vacation, barely substituted, have hardly done anything this year.   So that's my story...

Enjoy the wearmer weather and hope yur body feels better with it being warmer.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Most of my comments on this are over on episode 3 because that is where it all was started.  But we are all pretty intune on this page as to what we thought happened.   Thumbs up! 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:48 am

Now I remember, Vic.  My brain cells keep falling out the back of my head and my memory isn't what it used to be.  There are so many friends on the boards and it's difficult to keep history straight.  I envy those people who remember everything!  I hope you've fully recovered from the assault.  And for me, calcium seems like something great to hope for right now!

What I got out of that Eric/Andi exchange:  After she accused him of holding back during their brief exchange, he had time to think about what she said - and realized that she was the one who wasn't forthcoming.  Whether edit or reality, it did seem to be the case.  As I said before, it doesn't matter to which guy the outburst was directed.  It was the fact that she took offense without asking him to elaborate on what he meant.  Well... perhaps she did - and that's when he came up with her showing two different faces.

Does anyone really like this woman?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:19 pm

I don't think too many people do like Andi from what I've seen. After this particular episode aired even the previous contestants from past shows went off on her. It looked like the only people that took up for her was Nikki (which of course is one of her best friends from last season, sooooo....), Emily (of course she would because of how her blowup with Kalon was so similar), and Jillian. Even Sharleen that is a friend of hers talked about how she over reacted. Andi just doesn't seem to tolerate others opinions very well if they butt heads with hers. I don't know whether it's her upbringing or just her personality but she is just a ball buster. She just seems like the classic, "My way or the highway" type. I think any man needs to think twice before hooking up with her for life. He needs to prepare himself to be emasculated on a regular basis.   
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:57 am

With JP, there were two distinct sides among the posters:  Attackers and Defenders.

This season, it seems few like her.  I'm the first to defend when I feel someone is unjustly accused, but I just can't work up the energy to do so where she's concerned.

Apparently TPTB felt JP was too laid back and boring, so the audience was ready for a season filled with conflict.  Wrong.  She's rubbing most people the wrong way.  I keep remember CH saying "Andi embraced the process."  Huh?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:19 pm

LOL singly with your Huh?  She probably does exactly as is asked of her therefore she embraced the process.  With Juan Pablo they probably saw him as bucking the process and doing as he darn well pleased and they did not like that.

Last edited by SLA44 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:02 am

Well she sure didn't seem sad about Eric leaving when she was handing out roses and telling about their next destination.  I am having a hard time warming up to her.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top