Post by SLA44 Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:41 pm

Use this thread to discuss episode 2.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 2 Discussion Empty Re: Episode 2 Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:46 am

I think Dylan played his cards wrong.  And of course Elise was dumb to go within 10 feet of Chris B.

I thought the whole episode was terrible.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:04 am

For me, it looked like Dylan set her up. 

He told the camera he felt suffocated, then encouraged her to mingle with others.   If she had simply accepted a date with Chris, it would have been his ready excuse.  The kissing was icing on his cake.  He even repeated afterward that he'd felt suffocated.  He acts like a player.  And he's learned to work his breakup to look like it's the woman's fault.

Not to say that I support Elise.  She's the eternal optimist - to the point of delusion.  Offering him that rose was stupid.  And I'm glad Sarah didn't give him hers.

I thought Marcus showed a lack of class.  The letter was dry.  No reason to unfold it and snoop.

There was a moment when I saw Lacy smile and got a flash of Vienna.  *shudder*

I'm hoping to see poor Robert find someone who's interested in him.  Do you suppose he's boring - or what?  No one really seems to want him.  He's last choice.

I think Michelle has been hanging on to Marquel until someone comes along who interests her.  She may get a run for her Money (lol) when they bring on the mixed-race girl who's in the previews.  By then, Robert may find himself with a steady partner.

The whole show is ridiculous.  I'm glad we're not seeing scenes in the bedrooms.  Bunks would make it kinda hard to have any privacy, I suppose.  But a shared room didn't stop Vienna. 

Later, folks.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:35 pm

BACHELOR IN PARADISE: RECAP FOR AUGUST 11, 2014
Details
Category: bachelor in paradise
Published on Monday, 11 August 2014 21:01
Episode 2 Discussion ParadiseBACHELOR IN PARADISE
RECAP FOR AUGUST 11, 2014

Hello, and welcome to Bachelor in Paradise on ABC. Tonight, we return to Mexico, where we continue to watch our favorite alumni try to find love. Last week, we said goodbye to Daniella and Michelle K. when one failed to get a rose and the other failed to make any romantic connections.

We open with Chris Harrison telling us about a different kind of love story. Apparently, Michelle K. had a romance with a crew member named Ryan. She refused to talk to Chris about this, but finally told producers the truth about the romance. 

The night she left the show, Ryan came to see her. While they were together, there was a knock on the door. They panicked and Ryan jumped off the balcony. The reenactment is unintentionally hilarious. 

Apparently, Ryan confessed everything and broke both his legs. He seemed to be more worried about losing his job than anything else. The producer seems to find the whole thing amusing. I have no words….

Back to the show. While everyone is um, bonding, Chris B. from Emily's season, Bachelor Pad 3 and the one who attempted to get onto Andi's season arrives. There are mixed feelings about it because people know he has a reputation with the ladies. 

Chris and Clare go on a date. They get a couples massage. He basically says he will know when he is in the right relationship and act on it when necessary. He tells the audience that he thinks he chose the right girl for the date. 

Robert is jealous over Marcus and Lacy spending time together. He thinks her behavior is very 'unclassy.' Asking for classy behavior on this show is like asking a little kid to be quiet and read at Chuck. E. Cheese. 

Marcus gets the next date card and asks Lacy out. They are on a boat, have dinner and kiss. He thinks their relationship is progressing and he can finally move on from Andi. 

They also go to some place with candles, where they make wishes and make out. 

Elise and Dylan are on the beach talking. Or more accurately, ELISE is talking and Dylan is planning an escape route. He just isn't feeling it with her anymore. 

YOPO. You Only Paradise Once. This is the catchphrase of the season/house. I am rolling my eyes so hard I am afraid they will fall out of my head. 

Elise wants revenge because Dylan is not into her….she says he better be careful what he wishes for….so she goes after Chris.   What are we, in high school? They frolic in the water. Okay, so in high school maybe it would be making out behind the bleachers, but it's the same idea. 

Clare sees the two of them making out and realizes what kind of guy he is. She is like 'NO ROSE FOR YOU!' 

The guys are working out on the beach the next morning. Michelle tells Elise to give Dylan a run for his money. They should re-title this show Bachelor In High School because this is exactly how they are acting. 

Elise tells Dylan she was thinking about him while kissing Chris. OMG in heaven….he says if you care about someone, you don't kiss someone else. She says he shouldn't right her off because it didn't mean anything. He says this is one more sign that this isn't going to work out. He says to not even bother giving her a rose. 

Zack K. from Desiree's season arrives and Clare is smitten. They go on a date and she feels tingly. 

Elise wants to focus on what she and Dylan can be even thought blind bats can see he's not even into her. HONEY, GET A CLUE!!! 

Dylan gets a date card. He asks Sarah, but she is unsure of what she should do, so she talks to Elise, who convinces her to go. 

Elise still thinks Dylan is into her….ALL TOGETHER NOW, HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU!!! She calls the situation a nightmare. She goes on for so long that I am able to load the dishwasher, make some food, pour wine and text a friend….and she is STILL whining about it!

Back to the date. He compares talking to her to talking to a best friend. There is no kissing, but they do toast to a great date. 

That night, everyone is hanging out and saying how cool it is that everyone is getting along….for about 30 more seconds.

Marcus finds a love letter to Ben from his girlfriend.  He of course confronts Ben and all hell breaks loose. 

Everyone wonders what is going on, so Clare goes to spy. She reports that it is over a letter and everyone is, as predicted angry. 

Ben admits he did meet someone but wanted to experience the show. Michelle M. goes off on him and makes it about how she left her daughter. They all attack him (especially Michelle)  and he leaves. 

Rose ceremony time. The cocktail party is the same thing every week so I fast forward through it. 

Lacy gives a rose to Marcus. 

AshLee gives a rose to Graham. 

Michelle gives a rose to Marquel.

Clare gives a rose to Zack. 

Elise gives a rose to Dylan, who rejects it, so she gives it to Chris. 

Sarah gives a rose to Robert. 

Dylan is sent home. 

Join us next week for more Bachelor in Paradise on ABC. Goodnight. 

Follow me on social media:
Facebook: Sammi-T
Twitter: TVG_Sammi
Instagram: TVG_Sammi

http://mail.tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-07-57-48/bachelor-in-paradise/9486-bachelor-in-paradise-recap-for-august-11-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Singly  I think Robert is boring as all get out, he lacks any excitement whatsoever in his personality.  I was not the least bit impressed with him when he was on Des' season and I'm not now either.  I thought it was stupid of Sarah to give him the rose when there was no connection at all between her and Robert.  I actually hope she goes home next week so I don't have to listen to her whiny voice any more.  It doesn't seem she is there to find a connection with a guy anyway when she values her friendship with Elise more and how long has she known Elise for crying out loud?  One or two weeks?  Really stupid IMO.

Dylan should have just told Elise he wasn't feeling it with her to begin with.  I don't think he was out to set her up - just to get her off in a different direction and she sure as heck gave him the ammo to do just that.  That wasn't just a casual kiss with Chris B  Yuck in the ocean but full out making out and wrapping her legs around him.  I don't feel sorry for her for one minute.  

This show is so scripted that it isn't even funny.  The whole thing with Ben and his girlfriend back home and Michelle crying over it - geesh give me a break.  

I really don't know if I will be able to stay tuned in til the ending - this show is pathetic IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:26 pm

I suspect that Sarah gave Robert the rose because the choice was between him and Dylan.  She says Elise is her BF.  They may know each other from Bach functions - just like Clare had previously met Zak.

I find Sarah to be akin to what I saw in JJ.  Withdrawn and quiet in a group and mouthy in the PIs.  Perhaps somewhat cowardly about putting herself out there.  I never grew up with one arm so I can't say how I'd feel if I were in her shoes.

Look at it this way, at least we're not seeing the sleazy bedroom scenes.  If they start up with those, I'm probably gone.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm not really sure where to put this but I will put it here for the time being:

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:15 am

Singly -- I think the sleazy bedroom scenes will be starting shortly!!  LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 am

SLA, I couldn't SEE Marcus, but I listened.  I don't know why, but I just don't like him.  He didn't say anything wrong.  It's just a sense I had from the beginning on Andi's season - with both him and Dylan.  Something's off with those two.  JMO.

newto:  Did they have bunks in such close quarters on the "Pad" shows?  It would be extremely difficult (unless one is a completely uninhibited exhibitionist - or Vienna) to have sex in one of those rooms.  I hope they avoid it.

People are saying they're bored with the show already.  It has certainly had a tame start in that it hasn't been dwelling on the sleaze-factor - just messed up people.  lol.  Personally, I hope to see it continue without the sexual hook-ups.  They can save those for the show reunions.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:52 am

Ugh...ok, so I finally watched the first two episodes....it was exactly as I expected.

Let me just start out by saying that the beginning of the second episode was tacky beyond belief. Really? You can't be satisfied with giving the gory details of why Michelle left? No...you have to have a reenactment? Then you have to show the real dude laying in a hospital bed with two broken legs and make sure everyone knew his last name was PUTZ. Of course he's lying that all they were doing was talking. If they were only talking then why would he jump? Why would she be only wearing a towel? She must be embarrassed watching this back because she seemed all smug about her "maybe already meeting someone" and he is saying that it wasn't worth losing his job over....maybe she wasn't as great as she thought she was. 

I have to say that Lacy started this out looking a little bit like a whore. She gets greedy and has to pull two guys into her little web to see which one floats her boat more. She is all over Robert one minute and then switches her focus to Marcus. I kind of liked Marcus from Andi's season and am kind of surprised that he is falling for this chick that seems a bit on the sleazy side...and if reports are true that he got engaged to her then I would like to recommend a good psychiatrist to him because he apparently needs his head examined.

AshLee.....Oooooooooh AshLee....the psycho with the death stare is back in full force. Graham should be running far and fast! She apparently had this whole love scenario made up in her head about him before she even arrived in Mexico. I think the only reason he is sticking with her and the other girls are staying clear is that they are afraid to sleep with both eyes closed with her around! That little temper tantrum she threw after only meeting him 24hrs. before hand was something out of kid daytime drama. She cries and goes on to say that she is the only normal girl in the house (which caused me to laugh so hard I about peed myself) and then went on to say that Clare isn't even pretty...WOW, has AshLee ever really took a really hard look at her mug in the mirror? She's not all that great herself. And talk about games...the next day she tried the teenage girls favorite game of "I'm mad at you so I'm going to not speak to you which will in turn make you chase after me"....well, I guess that backfired. 

Elise....poor delusional Elise. I think what happened is that Dylan probably tried to nab a girl quick so he could stay and wasn't expecting Elise to grab onto him and envision marriage and babies within a day of meeting him. As much as he tried to push her away the more she kept telling everyone that he was doing it because he had feelings for her. (Sigh) Get a grip girl. And that little speech of hers at the rose ceremony was another pisser. The looks on every ones face while she was talking was priceless! Maybe this is something that Dylan saw in her before we did....that she didn't have her head screwed on too tight!

On to the two bad boys from the past. I'm sure they invited Ben and Chris B. for the drama but it really isn't fair to the girls to invite such losers just for ratings. I knew something was up when Ben didn't seem to gravitate to any of the women. Doesn't surprise me he had a girl back home and he came for the free vacation and air time. Didn't he say something about Hollywood when Des let him go? I guess he was trying for that again. Got news for ya dude...ya aint all that!

Chris B. just flat out makes my skin crawl. Just listening to him try to explain himself on his date with Clare and tried to come off as offended that anyone would say he was a cad. Then that same night he takes Elise out in the ocean and sucks face with her in front of everyone. That little PI they did with him where he was talking smack on Dylan and called him Fat Damon just wreaked of childish jealousy. What a piece of doggie poo he is!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:50 am

Indeed  Good post rkc!  Looks like you hit the nail on the head.  I think that this show is going to be a flop by the way it has gone so far.  I don't know how long they will keep viewers - I know I'm about ready to throw in the towel.  I'm pretty tired of this whole franchise anyway.  Episode 2 Discussion 1285103149 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:53 am

rkc, as I read your post, I began to realize why I'm so nonchalant about the show.  I no longer believe anything I see on this franchise.  Apparently, somewhere along the line, my fantasy bubble on all these shenanigans burst.

My investment, even in the Bach & 'Ette, has become virtually nonexistent.  I sit like a mind-dead zombie and watch out of habit.  What I now notice more than the antics, is the edit - just as you mentioned the Michelle/Putz reenactment.  It was juvenile.

It's become more fun to rip the show on the forum than to actually watch it.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top