The Bachelor, 2018

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor, 2018 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Bachelor, 2018

Post by Lesallee Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:55 am

I found it interesting when Jason was speaking with Chris and he pretty well said the show puts such pressure on people that they make wrong decisions. Chris didn't really want to get into that subject of course. Good thing Jason rescinded his wrong move as he and Molly have 8 happy years together.

The Arie hatred will now be enshrined in Bach Franchise history but I don't hate him at all. Will Arie and Lauren make it? Who knows but I think they might have a good chance.

Becca did bounce back quickly didn't she? Ready to jump into the fray again so soon. I don't suppose the Bachelor fame dangled in front of her eyes had anything to do with her decision, lol!

Of the girls they had on Bekkah was just spiteful and showed her immaturity and Caroline has an ongoing agenda to trash Arie by any means available. Kendall and Seinn were the most balanced in their remarks. 

But, it's over and my, fellow Survivor enthusiasts, we have that to look forward to tonight! 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:57 am

I think Becca accepted the gig as the next Bachelorette as her way of giving Arie the finger. Yes, it has only been a couple of months but when your anger is burning hot sometimes you do drastic things. She probably has called him everything under the sun and decided that if she doesn’t take it that it will make her look weak and like she is just sitting there licking her wounds. I’d have taken it too....after I kicked him in the balls. I took her having trouble articulating herself last night as her weighing her words carefully before they came out. She was way more kind to him then what most would have been. I just think it was her way of making him think she is over it and he can kiss her ass and go on his merry way.

At least she came out of this with some good friends. I’d rather have the good friends than a man with cheating on his mind any day! I noticed that when Becca was talking on the couch with CH that Kendall had her head on Bekah’s shoulder visibly upset by what Becca was saying. That’s a good friend there.

I’m glad that CH clarified something Becca was trying to get out when she was talking to Arie about him reaching out to Lauren, the part about how Arie wasn’t reaching out to close a chapter in his life but to open one up. That’s exactly what he was doing and it makes him a major A hole. I think after all of his antics this season that Lauren would be stupid to trust him wholeheartedly. I’d be checking his cell phone, emails, and social media accounts constantly. I’d like to think that since he put everyone through this mess that he would settle into his relationship with Lauren and do the right thing, but now I have my doubts. Lauren just took him back way too fast without asking him any real questions. Social media has blown up even with past contestants saying Lauren shouldn’t have taken him back. I’m thinking that since they wasted 2 hours of our time last night that they should have at least put Becca and Lauren on the couch together. I think Becca probably has questions for her as well...I know I would have. What was said in that conversation between Arie and Lauren that gave him so much hope of getting her back? I would have felt stabbed in the back by her as well. I think Lauren will end up getting hurt by Arie and she can’t blame anyone but herself for that.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:21 am

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Becca.  Why shouldn't she take it?  As far as Arie, why should he stay with a woman he knows is not right for him?  Would that be better?  We've made mistakes before in who we go out with.  It's the same thing.  This is only magnified because it's on TV.  Haven't we ever chose one person over another in our dating lives or similar?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:23 am

Lesallee wrote:I found it interesting when Jason was speaking with Chris and he pretty well said the show puts such pressure on people that they make wrong decisions. Chris didn't really want to get into that subject of course. Good thing Jason rescinded his wrong move as he and Molly have 8 happy years together.

The Arie hatred will now be enshrined in Bach Franchise history but I don't hate him at all. Will Arie and Lauren make it? Who knows but I think they might have a good chance.

Becca did bounce back quickly didn't she? Ready to jump into the fray again so soon. I don't suppose the Bachelor fame dangled in front of her eyes had anything to do with her decision, lol!

Of the girls they had on Bekkah was just spiteful and showed her immaturity and Caroline has an ongoing agenda to trash Arie by any means available. Kendall and Seinn were the most balanced in their remarks. 

But, it's over and my, fellow Survivor enthusiasts, we have that to look forward to tonight! 
I agree with everything you said.  

I've never watched Survivor though, sorry:)

I especially was glad to hear somebody say the show puts pressure on people.  I do think Jason should have stood up against them in the first place.  Anyhow.... Ha, ABC and TPTB, somebody finally said it on the show. Smile
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:24 am

I don't think Becca would want to talk to Lauren.  She kept saying when she was with Arie's family, she was tired of hearing about Lauren.  What would Becca ask Lauren?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:42 am

Don't think Lauren has any desire to talk to Becca either, Glitters. 

Lauren has moved to Arizona; a huge plus for the relationship. With Nick and Vanessa trying to make things work from two different countries just didn't fly. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:02 pm

Arie was quick to propose again last night - obviously, we know how seriously he takes proposals.   Lauren will end up getting hurt again.  I give it 6 months and they announce their split.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Lesallee wrote:Don't think Lauren has any desire to talk to Becca either, Glitters. 

Lauren has moved to Arizona; a huge plus for the relationship. With Nick and Vanessa trying to make things work from two different countries just didn't fly. 
I read that Vanessa actually moved to LA to be with Nick for a while - she put her life on hold while he did Dancing with the Stars for several weeks.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Dazz wrote:Arie was quick to propose again last night - obviously, we know how seriously he takes proposals.   Lauren will end up getting hurt again.  I give it 6 months and they announce their split.
I only think that because I'm not too crazy about Lauren.  I wish I knew what he saw in her besides being blonde and demure.  I think Emily acted stronger than her, though she was a bit self-righteous.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Being Canadian, Vanessa couldn't just move to LA permanently. She did commute back and forth from Montreal as did Nick. But long distance relationships don't have a great chance of success. Both Nick and Vanessa have moved on and seem to be enjoying their lives. Contrary to popular opinion Nick is not "playboying" it up but seems to be keeping his nose to the grindstone and taking his career seriously. Vanessa seems happy and settled so alls well that ends well.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 pm

I like Lauren, probably the only one on this board who does. She is reserved and doesn't broadcast her thoughts casually as so many Bach contestants do but I respect that. And of course, we only saw the aspects of Lauren that production wanted us to see. Ahh, that editing! Not the first time that viewers have been steered down the path the producers desired. I don't think we, as viewers can possibly get a true reading on anyone based on what is presented to us.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 pm

My point was if they made us suffer through 2 hrs of this that why don’t they just go all out and put Becca and Lauren on the couch together. Make it more of a sh*t storm then it already was. I also said if it were ME that I would have had questions for Lauren. She may act all demure but girls can be real bitches. Some don’t care if a guy is in a relationship with someone else before they make a play for the guy. Yes, Arie was checking out on his relationship with Becca but he hadn’t broken it off with her yet so I would hope Lauren wouldn’t have encouraged him at that point. She said that she had thoughts of him coming back to her so she very well may have encouraged him and that would not make her innocent in this mess.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Again I will say that Arie isn't looking for a long term commitment. He is 36 going on 16.
I liked Becca's personality better than Lauren's. Looks don't even matter as they are both pretty although different.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Bekah has really shown her immaturity since the finale, as she has been trashing Arie all over SM being very nasty. 

If Arie thinks he has another Emily, he is sadly mistaken.  Lauren is someone he will be able to control and manipulate. She is so quiet and seems to never have an opinion of her own, that I believe he will grow tired of that pretty quickly. I could not believe how quickly she forgave him and took him back. Emily, on the other hand, kicked him to the curb when she found out he had dated her producer and neither of them told her. She refused to read his journals when he flew to Charlotte to try to get her back and was done with him the day she let him go. She also did not take any crap off of One F Jef or Brad. Emily is a far different animal than Lauren, which I think Arie will soon find out.  The only thing Lauren has in common with Emily is they are both blondes.  I hope they last, but I think Arie will quickly grow tired of Lauren. She is never going to call him on his crap or challenge him.
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:58 pm

I wasn't too happy with Bekah's attitude about Arie either, though I still like her and hopefully that attitude has to do with her age.  It was surprising.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:33 pm

I agree with you, Shayvo. During the season he said over and over again how he wasn’t sure about Lauren’s overly laid back personality. His whole family questioned it. He will either grow tired of it and dump her or he will like the fact that he can get away with murder and she will sit there quietly and just take it. I just don’t see it lasting very long. If they do end up making it to the alter I still don’t see it lasting. The only thing they have in common is that they are both sitting in the same sinking ship right now due to Arie’s antics.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:58 pm

You're not the only one, Lesallee.  I like Lauren.  I was shocked that Arie liked her though.  I do think Lauren will call Arie on his crap but maybe not straight out.  I can see her sulking and crying until he brings her flowers and reassures her that things are ok.

When CH asked Lauren if she was friends with Becca there was a pause before she said yes.  I doubt Lauren really considered anybody there a friend.  Becca said she was friendly with her but Lauren didn't open up to the girls.  Nobody was there supporting her in this like they were Becca.  Lauren seems like a loner.

I don't hate Arie for what he did.  I really wonder how much of it was producer driven and how much of it was real.  If it was producer driven then I fault him for not standing up and saying no.  His explanation of why he allowed the break up to be filmed was pretty evasive saying he wanted people to see the blame was on him.  I call BS there.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:11 pm

Becca consented to the filming of the break-up too. She gave some sort of reason last night. And that screams set-up to me. Let's face it, Arie is not Mr. Dramatic nor is Lauren. Becca isn't Miss Personality either. So there was some sorely needed drama and tension to wrap up the season. Arie must have known social media would troll the life out of him but he went ahead which leads me to think he wanted Lauren all along. But producers needed all that turmoil and tempestuousness to draw people in for a Becca 'ette season. Manipulation at its finest.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:15 pm

rkc1960 wrote:I agree with you, Shayvo. During the season he said over and over again how he wasn’t sure about Lauren’s overly laid back personality. His whole family questioned it. He will either grow tired of it and dump her or he will like the fact that he can get away with murder and she will sit there quietly and just take it. I just don’t see it lasting very long. If they do end up making it to the alter I still don’t see it lasting. The only thing they have in common is that they are both sitting in the same sinking ship right now due to Arie’s antics.
I also just remembered that Emily had no problem and didn't hesitate to tell the creep who called her daughter "baggage" to F off and let him have it!  I could never imagine Lauren doing that. She is way too passive, seems to not like  controversy and  I think can be a pushover.  I do think Arie wants to get married and start a family, but I think they are woefully mismatched. I know the editing may have come into play some what, but they couldn't possibly have edited her to be as dull as she seems.
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:24 pm

Lesallee wrote:Becca consented to the filming of the break-up too. She gave some sort of reason last night. And that screams set-up to me. Let's face it, Arie is not Mr. Dramatic nor is Lauren. Becca isn't Miss Personality either. So there was some sorely needed drama and tension to wrap up the season. Arie must have known social media would troll the life out of him but he went ahead which leads me to think he wanted Lauren all along. But producers needed all that turmoil and tempestuousness to draw people in for a Becca 'ette season. Manipulation at its finest.
Yes, but maybe she didn't know what they were going to film until it was happening.  Maybe she just knew they were going to film something and once they started she had already agreed to it or they might have had to get her okay to put it on air.  I didn't hear where Becca said she consented to the filming. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:24 pm

I don’t believe Becca knew what was happening. She has said that she knew something was up when the cameras were there and Arie came into the house with no bags. She didn’t act like someone that knew it was coming. As I said before, if she knew what was coming she would have planned something to say to him and she wouldn’t have been walking away from him and just telling him to go. I know this show does a lot of manipulation but that part doesn’t scream manipulation to me at all. That was a girl that was basically blindsided.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:29 pm

When Becca agreed to be on the show she agreed to be filmed and the breakup was part of her story.  That's what she said and she is right.  They sign away all rights to be on this show.  Maybe if she could choose she might not have wanted the breakup filmed, but she can't pick and choose.  Her response sounded very well thought out and was probably written for her to say.  She can't be trashing the show if she is going to be the next b'ette.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:37 pm

I don't know if this has been covered here yet, but Arie is saying he broke up on camera to give Becca the chance to be bachelorette.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Some of Arie's words this morning.

Arie also said that he felt pressure to propose during The Bachelor’s taping, even though he wasn’t fully sure about it. “As a Bachelor, there’s a timeline. And for me, there was a lot of pressure on that day, being the Bachelor, and to propose, that’s sort of what’s expected in a way,” he told host Michael Strahan. “I was really conflicted, and I felt in the moment that was the right decision, and it honestly wasn’t.” He said he started to regret his decision right after getting home from Peru, where the proposal was filmed. “In hindsight, no, I shouldn’t have proposed,” Arie said.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Didn't he say some of this on the show yesterday?  I remember some of it.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top