The Bachelor, 2018

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor, 2018 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Bachelor, 2018

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Maybe they thought we would be interested in the crying, but I wasn't and all I could think was that Arie needs to leave.  He said what he needed to and they weren't going to solve anything in that moment.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Tonight is probably going to be an hour of Lauren happy crying and doing those painful facial expressions of hers as Arie "surprisingly" shows up at her door with a camera crew. Can't wait for that...lol
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:46 pm

I hope he drops her.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:51 pm

Was this the most scripted Bach show ever? I'm beginning to think so. Nothing said spontaneity or authenticity in last night's show. Becca's prolonged crying jag with Arie hanging around like a rash you can't get rid of just screamed producer manipulation. Now they have their next 'ette ready to go coming into it with great sympathy and interest. To me both Arie and Becca were actors performing last night.

The ending was spoiled a long time ago and I think production then went into overdrive to spin it to their advantage.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:55 pm

The other thing I noticed and I don't know if this is new, but when the last 2 girls go to the last rose ceremony, they give speeches before Arie says anything.  That's a waste of time for the girl who isn't getting picked.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:12 pm

DoubleDS10 wrote:One hour of Beca crying was ridiculous...and I don't know if anyone felt this way but neither her nor Arie seemed to convey real emotion during that whole thing. Although she seemed to be crying, her eyes weren't even red. It all seemed set-up to me and I find it hard to believe that she wasn't told what was about to happen. Arie probably broke it off with her before hand but then they had to do it in front of cameras to get the "most shocking ending ever" and to butter her up as the sob story for the next ette.
I felt like it was semi-planned as well...  Kind of like Becca's ex-fiance showing up.   It was weird and I didn't really feel bad for either of them.  I thought, if it is the first time Becca is learning that Arie is flipping the script, then it's pretty brutal to have it done on TV.   Either that or she was in some kind of weird shock.

And why does Chris Harrison always have that look like someone just died after each of those scenes.  It was so strange!

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:24 pm

The cynic in me says Arie is just a playboy and thinks he can have all the girls.  It almost seems like the show planned this to happen or maybe just knew Arie could not commit to one person.  There are too many similarities to Jason's season...Lauren saying he was making a mistake, all the talk about making the right choice, not getting hurt.  Even Lauren seemed way more calm about going home than I thought she would be.

They really want to drag this out with so much raw filming.  It seemed like they were waiting for Becca to break down but she kept her cool so Arie finally left.  Becca clearly already knew Arie was still thinking about Lauren.  They mentioned several times that they had discussed it.  They had only spent a couple weekends together since the proposal and it wasn't all rainbows and flowers.  It didn't seem like Becca was totally surprised by the breakup, only that there were cameras there.  The breakup should have been done privately, but then they wouldn't have enough film to fill up all their time slot.

It's so difficult knowing what is real and what is manufactured in this show.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Chris Harrison is such a drama queen !  They sure made more of this than it really was - anything for ratings !

But I can understand why Becca didnt have much to say while getting dumped on camera - my heart went out to her because i know how it feels to be so choked with emotion you're unable to speak and she held it in till Arie finally left when she ripped off the mic and slammed the bathroom door on the cameras.  Even if it was scripted it was still so heartbreaking for her   Sad   I hope she finds love as the new Bachelorette but i'd totally understand if she tells them all to go F-off !

As for Lauren and Arie, I wish them happiness because I think it was meant to be - the heart wants what it wants ♥️
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Dazz wrote:
DoubleDS10 wrote:One hour of Beca crying was ridiculous...and I don't know if anyone felt this way but neither her nor Arie seemed to convey real emotion during that whole thing. Although she seemed to be crying, her eyes weren't even red. It all seemed set-up to me and I find it hard to believe that she wasn't told what was about to happen. Arie probably broke it off with her before hand but then they had to do it in front of cameras to get the "most shocking ending ever" and to butter her up as the sob story for the next ette.
I felt like it was semi-planned as well...  Kind of like Becca's ex-fiance showing up.   It was weird and I didn't really feel bad for either of them.  I thought, if it is the first time Becca is learning that Arie is flipping the script, then it's pretty brutal to have it done on TV.   Either that or she was in some kind of weird shock.

And why does Chris Harrison always have that look like someone just died after each of those scenes.  It was so strange!
Yeah, poor Becca dumped her ex again and then Arie dumped her.  Add that to the story line.

Last night I saw a comment about Ross being able to find Becca in Peru but Bekah's mom not being able to find Bekah at the marijuana farm.  lol
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Jason being on the show last night really burned me.  He acted like he understood how conflicted Arie was when all along he allowed himself to be manipulated for drama.  He still plays the game.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:47 pm

I just read an article that gave an update of where Arie and Lauren stand now. I won’t say anything because some might not want it spoiled for them, however I would assume some already know or have at least guessed it. Ridiculous.

I didn’t get the impression that Arie’s family was trying to push him one way or the other so I don’t think that really influenced his decision unless it just made it glaringly clear that others also saw that there was such a huge difference in him and Lauren. He was already talking like he was on the fence about Lauren and if it could work considering she is so different than Becca, and even him for that matter. They may say that opposites attract, but opposites don’t always make for long term relationships. Believe me, I know that from experience. I don’t see someone that has a relatively outgoing personality being with someone that is the equivalent of a wet rag. I’m sorry, but she is just too dull for words. He will always have to be reassuring her and trying to pull her out of being in her head too much.

How much of the ending was known in advance and therefore acting, I have no idea, but he should have never put a proposal out there if he was that unsure. Dedicating an hour to Arie breaking it off with her was cruel and unusual punishment....not only for Becca but for viewers as well! Someone said they wondered why the cameras were there....they showed Arie telling CH what he was planning on doing so there was no way they were passing up that opportunity for drama and totally humiliating someone. I’m kind of on the fence with what was brought up about how much of that Becca knew in advance. She may have not been totally surprised since apparently her and Arie had discussed his lingering feelings for Lauren. I don’t think she was aware that a camera crew was coming to film a breakup between them at that moment. I think if she was aware that she would have been given a bit of a “script”, so to say as to certain things to say on camera. The fact that she kept walking away from the camera, walking away from Arie, saying basically nothing to him and just telling him repeatedly to leave kind of leads me to believe that she was kind of caught off guard by that. I don’t blame her for not falling apart in front of a camera crew if that is why some think it was all rigged, because If I was put in that position I wouldn’t want the nation to see me react that way either. That’s a private situation for private emotions, not for a camera crew to come in so it could be shown to the viewing audience. I would have probably kicked Arie in the balls, but hey, that’s me. Arie probably wanted to get the hell out of there instead of sitting there in silence looking like an idiot, but I’m sure he was told to stay and see if any drama or screaming happened. He did walk out the first time and he came back. I am certain someone motioned him to go back in. They let it go on for so long because they weren’t getting the reaction from Becca that they were hoping for. The whole thing just proved what a bunch of vultures these producers are.

Glitters, they have always had the F2’s give a bit of a speech at the FRC before the lead talks. I guess it’s their way of making the 2nd choice look like a fool for saying all that only to be dumped. Okay, I guess I’m being a bit of a cynic and a sarcastic one at that...so I’ll just say that I figure they probably have both of them prepare a speech in case they are the F1 and I guess they figure it would sound more romantic. It is the 2nd choice however that still ends up looking like a fool.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:39 pm

I don't know why I don't remember the F2's giving speeches.  I thought just the leads spoke.  I think Becca was caught off guard too.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Just read RS. He says Becca was blindsided and did not know Arie intended to break the engagement. 

Oh man, the tawdry, tangled world of the Bach Franchise.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:48 pm

moon0627 wrote:

But I can understand why Becca didnt have much to say while getting dumped on camera - my heart went out to her because i know how it feels to be so choked with emotion you're unable to speak and she held it in till Arie finally left when she ripped off the mic and slammed the bathroom door on the cameras.  

I know that feeling too.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Lesallee wrote:Just read RS. He says Becca was blindsided and did not know Arie intended to break the engagement. 

Oh man, the tawdry, tangled world of the Bach Franchise.

Lez; did that Moron Steve get the final selection and the bait-n-switch correct this time?  I wish ABC & Fleiss would stop the leaks to that Moron. 
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:56 pm

And now we know why they bragged about "Uncut and Unedited" finale - because if they cut out 60-minutes of Arie & Becca sitting there saying nothing, they wouldn't have a show....SHEEZE

The Bachelor, 2018 - Page 23 2dwe4p
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:02 pm

thisoldmule wrote:...

I'm confused about Lauren saying she met Arie in Dallas and he had forgotten.  Any news on that?
I heard on youtube today that Lauren first met Arie at a race, and that the first night of the season, she brought a picture of them when he didn't remember meeting her before.  It was speculated that she was a fan.  idk.  I couldn't find anything else about it.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:04 pm

FHM, Moron Steve was right on about this whole season. He hates Arie and always has for some reason so he is thrilled with this outcome giving him the chance to further trash Arie. 

I'm glad it's over. Whether or not I'll watch Becca as  B'chette I'll decide later. She wasn't that appealing to me anyway. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:36 pm

I was just watching an old short clip of Emily Maynard on the Meredith Vieira Show and she was saying the producers don't push things on the contestants.  She said we're all grownups.  You can say no if you want to, but a lot of people say yes.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:43 pm

In the Jason Mesnick and Melissa FRC, Melissa didn't say anything.  Jason did the talking and then proposed.  I didn't think the women spoke when men were the leads, because the men were the ones doing the proposing.  They must have changed that at some point and let the women talk even though the men were leads and doing the proposing.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:12 pm

I am not excited about Beca being the bachelorette at all...she will probably be even more boring than Arie was. 

And Emily saying that producers don't push things on contestants....seriously?!?!
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:15 pm

RS also said that Arie originally did this season because he was looking for sponsors to get back into racing. He had lost all his sponsors due to him not winning races. I just read that a few days back when I decided to spoil the ending for myself since this was getting too crazy. So now I’m wondering if all this talk about wanting to get married and start a family because he is getting older was just a ruse. I was hoping he was at least partially sincere because he ain’t no spring chicken anymore. He can’t get all those teenage college sorority girls anymore. I guess being a realtor was becoming boring to him.

I think Becca would do well as the next Bachelorette...that is assuming it is offered and she takes it. She can’t be any worse than the majority of the leads before her. I just hope that if she does it that they don’t try to bring her ex back trying to win her back.

I went back today and rewatched some of last nights finale, the parts between Arie and Lauren to see if I am missing something. Nope. She is still a snooze fest. She doesn’t even say too much other than basically repeating what he has just said to her. Except for during their last date when she was saying how before him she never knew what she’s was missing....blah, blah, blah. Sounded like a rehearsed speech and Arie was eating it up. Well, I don’t agree with how he handled this but if boring, introverted Lauren is what he wants then good luck to them, because they are gonna need it. It might be thrilling for him now but as time goes by he may just start seeing her as a burden. He may just go back to the thrill of racing and trying to pick up the young female race fans.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:25 pm

I think the producers may not have pushed too much onto Emily because she has been the only lead that was a mother and she had demands. They wanted her badly because they thought she was ratings gold and did everything she wanted. So she wouldn’t be a good one to ask about what the producers pushed on people. On the other hand I have heard many stories from many other contestants that talked about how pushy and demanding the producers are and how they try to manipulate a situation to the point of do it this way or else. This is why UnReal is such a popular show. One of the top producers worked with the Bachelor/ette franchise so they would know all the dirty behind the scenes dealings. With this show it is definitely NOT what you see is what you get.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Having the F2 both profess their love before they know if he chooses them is the same as both F2 bachelors getting on a knee to propose only to be turned down.  Both are humiliating and should not be done.

Thanks, sktword, for your answer.

rkc, last night I think Arie's mom said she thought Becca would be better for his career.  I was confused by how Becca could be better than Lauren for that, but maybe if he is getting back to racing Becca is more flashy?  Both girls are beautiful but Becca is more out going.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:33 pm

DoubleDS10 wrote:I am not excited about Beca being the bachelorette at all...she will probably be even more boring than Arie was. 

And Emily saying that producers don't push things on contestants....seriously?!?!
She probably didn't want to say that they did, but she was making it seem that people can choose to do what they want.  Maybe she was just being political.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top