Post by peebeeb Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:03 pm

SM is ripping him a new one.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor, 2018 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Bachelor, 2018

Post by therealdfshary Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 pm

peebeeb wrote:So little emotion on his face.
IMO The only person he thinks about is himself. He seemed devoid of any feelings for Becca at all. What he should have done was not propose to either & just date them if they both agreed. Other bachelors have not proposed at the end.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:23 pm

Well, that was just brutal for Becca.  I hope Lauren tells him to GFH!  A guy that indecisive and wimpy will bring her nothing but heartache.  I'm sure her dad does want to "Effing kill him" at this point. I can see Ari telling Lauren 2 months after they are married that he made a mistake.  Run Lauren!! And Becca, you dodged a bullet.

Last edited by shayvo on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:39 pm

Why are we listening to Caroline's opinion about Arie?  She is so vague and it's one person's opinion about something.  I find it annoying.  Who is she?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonbat Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:42 pm

I kept thinking to myself - Why are they taking all this time in hour three to show us this Real time, Unedited breakup.  Finally I came to the only conclusion plausible to me.  Becca is being readied to be the next bachelorette.  And I also kept wondering why she wasn't throwing more of a fit and telling the effing camera crew to get the heck out of there while this slow motion breakup was going on.  I guess I must be getting kind of skeptical in my old age but I'm thinking the reason she didn't blow up was because they told her in advance they were considering her for 'ette'.
Moonbat
Moonbat

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 pm

Moonbat wrote:I kept thinking to myself - Why are they taking all this time in hour three to show us this Real time, Unedited breakup.  Finally I came to the only conclusion plausible to me.  Becca is being readied to be the next bachelorette.  And I also kept wondering why she wasn't throwing more of a fit and telling the effing camera crew to get the heck out of there while this slow motion breakup was going on.  I guess I must be getting kind of skeptical in my old age but I'm thinking the reason she didn't blow up was because they told her in advance they were considering her for 'ette'.
I agree...there is no way she is not going to be bachelorette after this.
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 pm

I concur, Moonbat. It was a B'chette audition. 
I succumbed to temptation a while ago and read the spoilers and I've thought for ages Becca was next B'chette lead. And Arie had his part to play in this audition too.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:55 pm

Becca showed remarkable restraint, I would have thrown the ring in his face
and told him to F...Off!  But then again, this one hour cry fest might earn
her the bigger prize of being named the next Bachelorette.

Lauren would be a fool to take Arie back.  He's nothing but a heartless
Lothario!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:01 am

Babs2147 wrote:Becca showed remarkable restraint, I would have thrown the ring in his face

Lothario!
Yep.....and then we'll have to hear how she now understands how hard it was for Ari, blah, blah, blah, how she loves two men, how she is so conflicted, blah, blah, blah....same song and dance different day to infinity.

Last edited by shayvo on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:12 am

The producers on this show make me want to throat punch them! At least when Jason broke it off with Melissa they brought her on stage and quickly ripped the bandaid off and was done with it. That whole thing where they brought the cameras in and followed her around the house and tortured her and obviously made Arie stay there after Becca told him to leave over and over was beyond cruel! Even Jimmy Kimmel just made a joke about how Arie was not leaving. He said how can a race car driver not know what the word GO means? If Arie was truly that conflicted then he should have never proposed.

I wish Lauren would turn him down but you know she won’t. I don’t know why they have to drag this out for another 2 hours tomorrow night but one of the things that was reported which is why people were suspecting this scenario is because after the season ended it was reported that Arie and the cameras were at Lauren’s family’s house. I hope the family, especially Lauren’s father is not welcoming to him.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:16 am

Showing that whole unedited breakup was so cruel for Becca.  I think they wanted to save Arie as much as possible and show how he hung around to make sure she was ok.  It was awkward watching that.  Becca must be really good at hiding her feelings because she was way too controlled through the whole thing.

The dresses both girls wore for the rose ceremony were beautiful.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:17 am

I don't care what Ari does.  I will still like him.  Might just be disappointed.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 am

It seemed like Arie's family liked Lauren more than Becca, but thought Becca fit his lifestyle better.  Maybe they confused him more than helped.

I'm confused about Lauren saying she met Arie in Dallas and he had forgotten.  Any news on that?
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Bachpourri Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:17 am

On the final dates and proposal, the love for Lauren was apparent in Arie's eyes, but with Becca he only showed tension. I think he knew all along what was going to happen. I wonder how they kept Lauren from turning her back on Arie in disgust, like many women would have done.

Bachpourri

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:09 am

I'm irritated that Arie is going back to Lauren.  I thought maybe he just felt guilty for Lauren.  I felt bad for Lauren when he rejected her, but I do not want to see that woman any more on this show.  I can't take her drippy personality.  I honestly don't get what he sees in that ordinary woman.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:57 am

I doubt there are usually cameras present when the couple meets for their secret get together while they wait for the show to end.  So why did they happen to be there?  Arie must have told them he was breaking up with Becca and they cooked up this most dramatic breakup ever.  This show will stoop as low as necessary to humiliate and exploit these people.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:07 am

Maybe after they filmed it, they had to get Becca's okay to show it?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:55 am

thisoldmule wrote:I doubt there are usually cameras present when the couple meets for their secret get together while they wait for the show to end.  So why did they happen to be there?  Arie must have told them he was breaking up with Becca and they cooked up this most dramatic breakup ever.  This show will stoop as low as necessary to humiliate and exploit these people.
Yes, I think it's because Arie told them he was going to break up with Becca.  I think it was suggested to Arie to stick around as long as possible to see if he can talk to Becca again, after which there were long awkward silences.  I imagine it was suggested to Becca that she could be the next bachelorette.  Maybe she didn't really want to think about that at the time.  But I don't know why she wouldn't think it strange or different that they were still followed around by cameras at that time.

That wasn't the most shocking ending ever, and actually not as horrible as what I conjured up in my mind -- in light of all the hype.  And CH kept hinting throughout the episode that there was more to come.  Like he was giving his own spoilers.:O.  Perhaps what's shocking or horrible  is the lengths that production will go to for a dramatic ending.  With Jason and Melissa, they didn't show the backstory or as much emotion/crying, and they had to make this more dramatic.  Either way, he shouldn't have proposed to anybody when he did.  He was conflicted from a few episodes back and hadn't resolved it.

Even though it wasn't a shocking ending, I felt bad for Becca.  But then she may become the next bachelorette.

I hope Arie didn't let what his parents say influence him too much, when they told him they think Becca would be better for him.  I believe Jason's mom had advised Jason to pick Molly, and so he did, not truly following his heart.  Also I have to say, Lauren said she thinks Arie made a mistake, like Molly said after Jason dumped her.  Deja vu.

On the first night, they cut the part where Lauren gets out of the limo and "introduction" to Arie to make it real short.  So I think that's why we all missed the part where Lauren reminded Arie that they had met in Dallas.  They showed all the Laurens one after another, so that was distraction from the fact they cut her part real short.

Jimmy Kimmel said Arie will be a guest on his show today, Tuesday.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:43 am

As far as I am concerned Arie may be 36 cronalogicaly, but has the maturity of a 16 year old. He’s devoid of any real feelings. He will do the same to Lauren after a while. He doesn’t want a long term commitment. He’s a real rat. ☹️
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:03 am

I wonder how much time those two really spent together after the taping.  I bet it wasn't a whole lot of time.  I bet Arie kept in contact with Lauren more than what he is letting on.  You can't fault the guy for being honest in his feelings, this is a messed up process to find love.  He came out of it having feelings for both and he thought he made the right decision.
Producers and family may have egged on his choice, who knows.  It's too bad they humiliated Becca on national TV, but she will have a good ending.  We are sure as shit she will be next Ette.  UGH  I'd rather see someone a little more interesting be the lead, but whatever.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:30 am

shayvo wrote:
Babs2147 wrote:Becca showed remarkable restraint, I would have thrown the ring in his face

Lothario!
Yep.....and then we'll have to hear how she now understands how hard it was for Arie, blah, blah, blah, how she loves two men, how she is so conflicted, blah, blah, blah....same song and dance different day to infinity.
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:17 am

I don't want Becca to be the next bachelorette either and she may decide not to do it even if they ask her.  Even if Arie goes to Lauren, I doubt it will last because she is such a dial tone and I don't know why he's interested in her.  Even when she talks, her voice is quivery.  I feel Arie stuck around Becca for a while because he cared and wanted her to know that he did.  I really don't believe that everything everyone does on this show is directed by the show.  People can think for themselves.  You can't control everyone all the time.  Jason ended up with Molly and not Melissa and from what I remember from those two, they partly separated because they just didn't get along.  I remember seeing an interview with them and something just went wrong with the relationship and I don't think it was just Melissa being mad at Jason.  They were completely incompatible.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 am

I loved Becca's dress.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:02 pm

One hour of Beca crying was ridiculous...and I don't know if anyone felt this way but neither her nor Arie seemed to convey real emotion during that whole thing. Although she seemed to be crying, her eyes weren't even red. It all seemed set-up to me and I find it hard to believe that she wasn't told what was about to happen. Arie probably broke it off with her before hand but then they had to do it in front of cameras to get the "most shocking ending ever" and to butter her up as the sob story for the next ette.
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top