Week 6, Season 23, "Latin Night"

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 6, Season 23, "Latin Night" - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 6, Season 23, "Latin Night"

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:34 pm

Yeah, the one where she smelled the Quesadillas to look intense for the Tango

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Week 6, Season 23, "Latin Night" - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 6, Season 23, "Latin Night"

Post by Walker7 Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Thank God there was no elimination last week.  That means we'll get to see both Laurie and Jana perform on this really hot week.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:13 pm

kincaid53 wrote: Yeah, the one where she smelled the Quesadillas to look intense for the Tango
That's it!  Thanks.  She can do it again.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Dancing order tonight:

Ryan, Terra, Amber, James, Marilu, Jana, Maureen, Calvin, Laurie.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Lochte's performance tonight was saturated with neon colors.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:24 pm

I missed the beginning but I guess Ryan is safe.....that Salsa was not good

Not happy about him staying, but figured as much...... Hissy fit Cheryls been studying Dereks smoke and mirrors with the glow in the dark underwear way to get people to not focus on the dance hahahaha!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:47 pm

that's bs that pitbull gave Ryan an 8 (jh too) and amber a 7.......once again I do not like him as a judge....well ambers going home   pitbull you suck!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:57 pm

jh you suck too!!

But I like your hair tonight pretty!

Last edited by kincaid53 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Pitbull is gross

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Tonight, my votes will be:

4 for Laurie
5 for Jana

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:14 am

The Scores:  (CAI, Pitbull, JH, BT)

Jana/Gleb        (10,10,10,10)  =40  (AT)

James/Sharna   (10,  9, 9,10) =38 (Rumba)

Calvin/Lindsey  ( 9,10, 9, 9 ) = 37 (AT)

Laurie/Val        (9, 9, 9, 10) =37 (Salsa)

Marilu/Derek    (8, 9, 9, 8 ) = 34 (cha cha)

Maureen/Artem (8, 7, 8, 8 ) = 31 (Samba)

Terra/Sasha     (7, 8, 8, 7 ) = 30 (Paso)

Ryan/Cheryl     (7, 8, 8, 7 ) = 30  (Salsa)

Amber/Maks     (7, 7, 7, 7 ) = 28  (Cha cha) (eliminated)
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bailadora Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:06 am

Overall disappointed with the performances this week. Pitbull added inarticulate ignorance and crassness to an evening of average performances. Ryan and Maureen were bad; Terra (as expected due to her very short arms and legs) had difficulty with the shaping and force needed for the paso and was off-beat during a section; Marilu's cha-cha-cha was very slow. Even Laurie's performance lacked proper flow in a few parts. James had a few issues with posture and was not able to portray the intimacy needed for a rumba (as non-performer in a commited relationship this is normal and I hope that Sharna is able to conquer that fear). The ray of sunshine this evening was Calvin: he projected a secure masculinity that attracts without being raunchy. He continues to gain better control over his long extremities and performs amazing lifts.
Many of my votes this week will go to Terra, because she's the better one of the bottom tier and she's fun. I still miss Vanilla Ice. His departure took a lot of joy out of the show.

bailadora

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:18 am

You didn't say anything about Jana.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:35 am

or Amber

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bailadora Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:56 am

Didn't mention Amber because she was eliminated. Her cha-cha-cha was short and simple but was probably her best dance of the season.
Jana/Gleb's AT was sizzling as expected. She has improved her lines and musicality. The last sequence of the shower was visually stunning. But it was a tad too raunchy--that's why I prefered Calvin's AT. It was also a continuation of Jana's first week dance. I want Gleb to show the creativity that was seen in the UK and Russia and to allow Jana to portray other sides of hersef. His other non-tango dances here have been pretty bland so far.

bailadora

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:28 am

thanks.......agree with pretty much everything especially the comments about PitBull..!!  I always like to read your thoughts!! 

Last edited by kincaid53 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:29 am

Haha....that sounded funny, I meant your 'comments' Laughing  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Videos for Latin Night:

http://www.idolxfactor.com/dwts-season-23--latin-night--.html
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Just catching up via YT. Number one dance for me was Jana and Gleb. Yes, Jana, you really don't do sexy well, haha! I beg to differ, you owned it. Thanks for your inventive and great choreography, Gleb.

Number two was that lovely rumba James and Sharna treated us to. Beautifully done, I think James can handle anything. That Ricardo package was hilarious. Who knew James would turn out to be such an entertainer?

Number three, no, number two and a half are Calvin and Lindsay. I think I said WOW more than once. Lindsay is a little dream, she makes Calvin shine.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Sis your back!!!    Hope everything went well..!!!

Ok I do have to disagree...Jana and Gleb were third Imo .....with the bed and water it was a little disconjointed  to me........James and Sharna #1 and Calvin #2 

Once again hope you are doing well!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:14 pm

bailadora wrote:I want Gleb to show the creativity that was seen in the UK and Russia and to allow Jana to portray other sides of hersef. His other non-tango dances here have been pretty bland so far.
I thought Jana danced beautifully in the contemporary dance last week.  I thought that made her shine.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:14 am

Lesallee wrote:Just catching up via YT. Number one dance for me was Jana and Gleb. Yes, Jana, you really don't do sexy well, haha! I beg to differ, you owned it. Thanks for your inventive and great choreography, Gleb.

Number two was that lovely rumba James and Sharna treated us to. Beautifully done, I think James can handle anything. That Ricardo package was hilarious. Who knew James would turn out to be such an entertainer?

Number three, no, number two and a half are Calvin and Lindsay. I think I said WOW more than once. Lindsay is a little dream, she makes Calvin shine.

Glad to see that you're back Lesallee!  Hope you are doing well and feeling better. 

I have to admit that my ranking is a bit different too.  My favorite was James' and Sharna's rumba, followed by the AT by Calvin and Lindsay.  To be honest I'm not sure I have a third because I thought the dances from James and Calvin were so good.

Side note--be sure to catch a cute moment with James and Sharna during their Latin Night All Access interview.  Sharna was telling Dominic that she and James spent hours in rehearsal having their faces close and staring at each other so that they could portray more intimacy in their rumba.  So Dominic then told them to go stare at each other for 10 seconds.  They did, and it looked good.  Dominic declared it an All Access Exclusive moment.  Smile
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:41 am

Lesallee wrote:Just catching up via YT. Number one dance for me was Jana and Gleb. Yes, Jana, you really don't do sexy well, haha! I beg to differ, you owned it. Thanks for your inventive and great choreography, Gleb.

That's my ranking too, sis. Thumbs up!   I'm happy that your surgery was a success and you're doing well. Cheers!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:36 am

After letting sink in what others had to say, here's my take on Latin Night.
First of all, I don't understand why Maks is getting it. The one to blame is Amber. He tried being calm and friendly, he tried the tough route- but she never came out of her shell. Not in rehearsals, and not on the floor. She remained at about 70% of her potential, and that is what the scores reflect. She could have yelled at him like Erin, or suck it up and just try harder like Meryl (even that little sweetie called him a jerk at one point), and he would have been fine with it. The one thing he can't handle is getting no response. Like Artem, who also is clueless at times how to get through to Maureen. That Cha Cha was layed out for Amber to shine. She was center of attraction. Maks with his dark clothes even made sure he didn't override her visually. There was at least as much content as in Marilu's routine, but what she totally lacked was Marilu's determination and conviction. Bruno got it right missing the pressure in her steps. Honestly, I'm with Maks. This woman has more tattoos than a Russian sailor, enters the show exposing her pimped equipment, giving interviews about her sexual preferences, and then she tells the camera she's actually a shy person? How would I try to connect with her? I have no idea. 
I already mentioned Maureen and Marilu. Last week I was impressed with both, but Marilu is quickly separating herself from this competitor. Derek found the key, and I honestly think it's been quite a while since he's had that much fun!
Terra has reached the end of the line for me. The problems in creating shapes (as bailadora pointed out) are becoming more and more obvious. Sasha has done an incredible job, and she performs the heck out of any dance, but technically it's impossible to keep up with the big four any longer.
Ryan has done a lot to repair his image under the expert guidance of Cheryl, and people seem to appreciate it. Why else would he still be around while Vanilla Ice had to leave so soon? But having the same musicality as Bachelor Chris (none, that is), his ship will soon start sinking now. No need to worry though; it's reported he can swim.
Laurie does not look like an obvious leader at the moment, but no doubt she's still far ahead of anyone else mentioned so far. Youth can be more of a problem than age...
Calvin's AT was not as intricate as Jana's- apart from the lifts of course, but the actual dancing lacked a bit of finesse (oops, I sound like Len). But he has the musicality Ryan is lacking and keeps growing as a performer. Lindsay's strategy was perfect for climbing up the board and keeping him in the game.
James and Sharna did not deserve the perfect score many of us had hoped for. No need to argue he is killing the technique, Sharna's routines are wonderful to watch, and they are probably the best match as a couple out of the entire cast. But much to my own surprise I have to go with Julianne here. Their brother-and-sister type of chemistry is getting into their way. I saw a breathtaking beauty caressed by a perfect gentleman. But Ricardo had left the building. Sharna love, remember what you told AB. James must be encouraged to invade your personal sphere a lot more. Not only would they have to step it up if they were competing on Strictly (as I discussed with Lesallee), but they have to anyway to win this thing. I so hope they do!
And that is why Jana and Gleb did the dance of the night for me. Gleb is married and Jana may have enough of the entire male species for a while, but for the one and a half minutes out there they both became someone else. Plus the scenery totally worked for me, her movements were sharp and precise even before she got out of the bed, and she threw herself into it like there was no tomorrow. My hat's off to Gleb. This may not have been the type of routine favored on Strictly, but this is DWTS. The reactions from audience and judges proved him right.
James, Calvin, Laurie, and Jana have all topped the leaderboard by now. I think it is safe to say they will be the final four (but maybe it's too early to count out Marilu should any of them stumble). I am pleasantly surprised that the judges are attempting to keep the race open, even if it may hurt my favorites. At the moment, no need to complain.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:06 pm

I have an editor!!!! Hooray for that!

Brother I pretty well agree with all you said. I felt Maks' frustration with trying to teach Amber. Just this morning the lady is saying she should never have come on the show.  I do agree with her.  I wish Maks had been rewarded with a more compatible partner so we could have watched him longer. 

I think the lack of chemistry is hindering Laurie and Val far more than Hinch and Sharna. They come across as just what they are, a thirty year old man dancing with a very young, unsophisticated girl. Val and Zen, another kid, were a totally different deal. Yes, their relationship was brother and sister but they found ways to make that work. Mind you, Zen was and is, a performer so she knew how to emote and project. In contrast Laurie's brief life has been entirely gymnastics so she doesn't havevaried life experiences to draw on. 

Calvin and Lindsay are another couple that project the avuncular vibe. Love them to bits but I don't see a MB in their future. 

That perfect performance by Jana and Gleb didn't surprise me at all. Jana is simply getting better every week and Gleb knows how to bring her along. For me that dance was a visual treat.

Either Maureen or Ryan will go next week, they are middle of the pack and I think, have reached as much proficiency in dance as they ever will.

Your analysis of Terra is spot on, too. She has been very good but the limitations imposed by her stature will be more and more evident. One thing, Saha has become a DWTS Pro Star and I love that.

Marilu and Derek - to be honest, sometimes I like 'em better than other times. For sure Marilu is one of the best mature ladies to appear on DWTS but every now and again I feel a disconnect between them. It has been good for Derek to have this sort of challenge and he is giving every effort in this partnership. F4? I doubt it, probably fifth.

Finally, my team, James and Sharna. To me, there is chemistry there; not on a sizzling level like Jana and Gleb  but remember Jana is a trained performer and can play a part. I loved the Team StopAndGo rumba because James simply looks so good in the dance, his lines are amazing. And rumba is probably one of the more difficult dances for anyone to pull off even if you aren't a racer who "sits for a living".  

My fearless prediction for F4, James, Laurie, Jana and Calvin. I think James and Laurie will be one, two but I am unsure about the final standing of Calvin and Jana. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top