Week 9: Duets Night

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 9:  Duets Night Empty Week 9: Duets Night

Post by Psychee22 Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Information coming in now about next week.

They are pairing up the couples and sending each pair to a different venue for inspiration for a dance they need to create and dance together.

.......Tamar / Val and Nick / Sharna are being sent to Las Vegas.  Show:  Cirque du Soleil "Beatles Love"

.......Bindi / Derek and Alexa / Mark are being sent to a show in New York.

.......Carlos / Witney and Alek / Lindsay are being sent to a cruise ship;  Show:  We Will Rock You - Music by Queen.

Individual dances:  (Will fill in as they become available)

Alek / Lindsay --

Alexa / Mark -- probably Contemporary

Bindi / Derek --- Viennese Waltz

Carlos / Witney --

Nick / Sharna --

Tamar / Val --

Note: Mark mentioned that he and Alexa are assigned a Contemporary and a Charleston next week.  Since Bindi has already done a contemporary and has not done a Charleston, it seems logical to me that the dual dance with Bindi will be a Charleston and the single dance for Alexa will be the Contemporary.  If that turns out not to be true, I'll edit the above.

Last edited by Psychee22 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Week 9:  Duets Night Empty Re: Week 9: Duets Night

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:54 am

I have to ask myself - is this really a good idea?  These couples will have to learn two dances, and they're losing time by traveling?  It's not too bad for the Las Vegas folks - that's maybe an hour flight from LA?  There are cruise ships in LA, so those guys don't have to go too far.  But the New York contingent will lose the better part of 2 days with just the flights alone.  They have shows in LA - why not use one of them?  Or send them to San Francisco.  It just seems stupid to send them all the way to New York for a gimmick.  Stop it, show.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:33 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:I have to ask myself - is this really a good idea?  These couples will have to learn two dances, and they're losing time by traveling?  It's not too bad for the Las Vegas folks - that's maybe an hour flight from LA?  There are cruise ships in LA, so those guys don't have to go too far.  But the New York contingent will lose the better part of 2 days with just the flights alone.  They have shows in LA - why not use one of them?  Or send them to San Francisco.  It just seems stupid to send them all the way to New York for a gimmick.  Stop it, show.

The cruise ship guys went to New York for their cruise.  The New York Broadway guys haven't left LA yet because Derek is under the weather.  The Vegas guys probably haven't left yet either, because Sharna was sick with the same bug that Derek and a lot of other folks on the show have.  Instead of all this running around, they should all be getting sleep. It seems now to be a contest of endurance.  
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:05 pm

I expect that bug will be going through like wild fire. People working in close quarters like the DWTS cast are very susceptible to such things. I wonder how many ailing people we will see on Monday night.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:06 pm

Why run them all over to get "inspired" .... just assign them a dance and get on with it.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Oakma wrote:Why run them all over to get "inspired" .... just assign them a dance and get on with it.
Oakma, you must remember that DWTS' alias is GRU (Gimmicks R Us).   LOL!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Oakma wrote:Why run them all over to get "inspired" .... just assign them a dance and get on with it.

Maybe ABC / Disney has been offered money to promote the various venues they are sending people to.  After all, they are all things that people can do over the holidays, and this is a good time to tempt folks into buying tickets.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Well ... I guess that makes sense for a business.DWTS is pretty much one long commercial for the big "D" anyway.

Still seems pretty dumb.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:00 pm

The Royal Caribbean cruise ship that Carlos and Alek are on is on its maiden voyage, so that kind of fits with the promo idea.  But I think Royal Caribbean is a rival of Disney Cruises.

I'm looking at Broadway musicals to see what is newly opened.  The requirement of the "Charleston" sort of narrows down the list.  So far, only Dames At Sea has struck me as a possible "source of inspiration" for  Derek, Bindi, Mark & Alexa, though there is always the Rockettes Christmas Special, I guess.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Does anyone know how they put the 'duets' together? Just curious, Cat although it doesn't really matter...just happy that some of my faves are together!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Lesallee wrote:
Oakma, you must remember that DWTS' alias is GRU (Gimmicks R Us).   LOL!
I thought it was PAC (Props and Circumstance).
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:53 pm

Does anyone know if all the couples ever got out of Los Angeles?

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Anyone want to take bets on  B and  A getting standing ovations and 10's?

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:32 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Anyone want to take bets on  B and  A getting standing ovations and 10's?
Not me sis. The Bindi gushing is a never ending fountain. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:37 pm

Okay, they are definitely pushing Bindi and Alexa into the semifinal.  Giving them a jazz is pretty much a freestyle where they don't really have to dance together.  I'm pretty sure it will be a perfect from the judges.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Pretty simple routine and 'I love you sooo much I love you soo much I love you soo much........

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:42 pm

Ok I need to go back to the Voice I'm getting nauseated.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:46 pm

You called it right, sister kin, except no standing ovation. What's up with this dumb audience not getting with the program. 

To be a bit kinder, it was good and entertaining, not perfect though. To me we are back on the Bindi coronation ride. 

Team SharNick fans, we have to vote our hearts out and try to throw an obstacle into the path TPTB are trying their darnedest to lead everyone down.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Lesallee wrote:You called it right, sister kin, except no standing ovation. What's up with this dumb audience not getting with the program. 

To be a bit kinder, it was good and entertaining, not perfect though. To me we are back on the Bindi coronation ride. 

Team SharNick fans, we have to vote our hearts out and try to throw an obstacle into the path TPTB are trying their darnedest to lead everyone down.
Agree!!!  Also, I like Nick and Tamar team dance this best out of the three duet dances tonight!
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:53 pm

Best duet dance of the night and only 9's.   Shame on the judges!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:01 pm

Tamar! You gutsy, gutsy lady! And how you performed. Nick, Sharna, Tamar, Val - that's entertainment! I love it.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:05 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Pretty simple routine and 'I love you sooo much I love you soo much I love you soo much........
And I'll love you even more when I win the Mirror Ball Trophy, mate! Wink
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Absolutley LOVED, LOVED, LOVED All That Jazz/ Hot Honey Rag. All sorts of awesomeness in that number. Must admit, I've seen Chicago on Broadway four times so I do love that show.

Alexa was good in the duet dance but, I must admit....Bindi owned that choreography. I watched it using the replay button on my DVR and Bindi was spot on and Alexa didn't have the "feel" of it. I've been voting for Alexa all along, BTW, and I'm at a loss that she is gone now but I just had to vote for Bindi tonight. Not based on her V. Waltz but that Jazz number just blew me away!

Tamar and Val, Sharna and Nick's team dance nearly put me to sleep. BORING!!! Even the aerialist didn't hold my attention. Yawn.

What can I say about Alek and Carlos's team......nah. Why bother? Alek is so out of his league now, it is pointless to even make a comment about his mediocre dancing. He bores me to death and I'm pissed that he is still in it. Ameriker.....you got it soooooooo wrong with the elimination tonight.

Last edited by luvthepros on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Lesallee wrote:Tamar! You gutsy, gutsy lady! And how you performed. Nick, Sharna, Tamar, Val - that's entertainment! I love it.
Well said!!! Applause
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:13 pm

It seems like the judges will be giving Bindi and Derek all 10s for the remainder of the season regardless of how they dance.  Derek is probably clearing the space for his sixth trophy.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top