Strictly Come Dancing 2016/ 2017

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strictly Come Dancing 2016/ 2017 - Page 8 Empty Re: Strictly Come Dancing 2016/ 2017

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:14 pm

So it was Chizzy who had to leave first. Sad, but not that surprising. Alexandra taking the lead with a Paso that reminded me of Mel B w. Maks in terms of intensity and got four nines in week two. Wow.
Oti and Jonnie on their way up with a powerful Jive scoring 29.
Our Italian, Giovanni, created a wonderful VW for Debbie. 34 points and second place are appropriate I guess. 

I have yet to watch the others.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Strictly Come Dancing 2016/ 2017 - Page 8 Empty Re: Strictly Come Dancing 2016/ 2017

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Wow, Jonnie was amazing dancing on a blade! Oti's dances are always my first views. I agree Alexandra has the aura of Mel B about her, intense and passionate. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:02 pm

I think it was Shirley who declared Alexandra a frontrunner after her week one performance, and she was right.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:50 pm

Just checked the board, and again it seems with Aston little Jeanette got herself a potential winner. Top score with 35. Alexandra and Gorka just two points behind. Little setback for Jonnie and Oti with 26. Have to watch next, though I won't hear much. Sudden deafness is plaguing me. Darn Anyway, I'll pump up the volume.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:09 pm

I have only watched some of the short clips BBC puts up. I think Jonnie is fantastic, you don't realize his handicap. 

There were scores of 14 and 15 andI was thinking how the DWTS fans would have apoplexy if the judges handed out similar scores on DWTS.

What'S up with your hearing bro? Take care and get better.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Doctor said it's stress related and I'll probably recover, so fingers crossed.
Just watched Aston and Jeanette. Funny concept Ballas style, high energy, but a little out of sync here and there.
Alexandra is blowing me away again with her dancing and acting skills as well as her versatility. This was so different from last week yet equally convincing!
Jonnie and Oti- underscored!! How amazing was that? She brought her own twist to it (literally) with an amazing choreo, and he kept up with her again. And it brought back memories of Bill and Emma's freestyle...
Debbie and Giovanni: she puts some younger girls to shame, and our little Italian has quickly become one of my favorite pros. It took him just one season to learn how it's done in the UK. Like Oti, he choreographed a creative number with little details exactly matching the music. Good body contact, wonderful rhythm and timing, and Debbie looks stunning.
I'll save the others for tomorrow. Doctor's order is I need to rest more.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:15 pm

You take care of yourself and listen to your doctor. We Chongie sisters only have one brother and we need you!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Just from the short clips SCD puts on FB it's a good night of dancing. Alexandra and Gorka are spectacular but Jonnie and Oti are keeping up! Alexandra gets a lot of negative comments while Jonnie seems universally popular. For whatever that's worth. I marvel every week at the creativity Oti shows. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Appears to be major friction between Darcey and Shirley. Some sites are posting odds on which will leave the show first. From the comments I read it is either love 'er or loathe 'er with Shirley. Not much middle ground. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 pm

I was finally able to watch the whole show. It's interesting that Aston on Strictly and Jordan on DWTS are quite similar characters. But in comparison, Jordan is miles ahead.
I don't understand why Alexandra would be getting all this negativity. Must be pure envy.  I find her fascinating. Her performance level, versatility, and musicality are unmatched. There were moments when I thought I was actually watching Tina Turner. However, I will say that technically there is room for improvement in the Jive. Jay Mc Guiness and Ore Oduba set the bar really high there.
You know how much I love Oti, and she never disappoints. I can't even think of Jonnie as a disabled person- he has mastered anything she's thrown at him, and she didn't hold back.
I did not sense any friction between Darcey and Shirley. More than once they agreed with each others comments. Maybe that belongs in the same drawer as 'Vanessa and Maks aren't getting along.'
Not for the first time this season I noticed the singers on this show butchered it. Ray Chew on DWTS definitely has the better vocalists.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:50 pm

First couples are through. I noticed from the scoreboard Bruno is absent. Hope he's ok. Debbie and Giovanni stepped it up again with three nines for a Rumba. Aston and Janette took a dip and scored 24 for their Waltz. Considering who's still to come, including Jonnie and Oti, Aston might suddenly find himself middle of the pack.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:51 pm

What a lot of ups and downs- again! Well done Debbie; she remains at the top. She looked stunning in that dance, and I loved the way Giovanni presented her. Another rock-solid performance by Jonnie and Oti. Oti hasn't invented the Quickstep, but she has her own way of mixing the elements and make them look new. Just the intro was too much messin' about. Who said that? Alexandra and Gorka couldn't maintain the top spot, though their Samba wasn't bad and had lots of content. Couple of balance issues maybe.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:22 pm

I have only seen Jonnie and Oti so far. Loved that QS. The way Jonnie can perform on that blade is fantastic. Reading comments on a Strictly FB group page is fun. Lots and I mean lots of fangirling over Jonnie! 

Oti seems to occupy a strata of her own. While I would love to see her on DWTS I think Strictly had best do everything in their power to keep her. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:42 pm

I've watched the full episode now. What you don't see in the YT clip: their Quickstep left Oti quite exhausted, while Jonnie wasn't even breathing hard... Oti is the epitome of a cosmopolitan. South African origin, living in Germany, married to a Romanian, and working in the UK. She has quickly established herself on Strictly. I don't see why she would want to trade that in for a hot seat on DWTS.
Debbie's Rumba got Craig so excited that he came up with a hilarious impersonation of Bruno- including a fall off the chair. Joe, who like Debbie had struggled with the Cha Cha last week, also made an impressive comeback with his powerful Paso. Maybe Katya's best choreo so far; and it's only her second season.
Gemma is steadily improving and might go straight to the finals. That Foxtrot was beautiful to watch. Alexandra is facing high expectations from the judges now (as they explained) and needs to iron out some technical issues. I'm sure she will.
Same with Aston: the judges are getting picky, so Janette can't rely on performance and personality alone.
Mollie and AJ have obviously developed more chemistry now. I liked this VW a lot better than last week's Salsa.
Not sure what to make of Davood. Scores are good, but not great, and he had to be saved by the judges last week. Seems he's not that popular and might leave before those mentioned below.
I almost peed in my pants when I saw Anton, who was apparently born in a tux, dressed up like a crossing between Travolta and a pink flamingo. Ruth is really likable, but like Brian, Simon, and Susan, she has nothing to do with the finals. All of them are very entertaining though.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:49 pm

That Bruno impersonation by Craig was hilarious. He nailed Bruno perfectly. 

Jonnie is an athlete in superb condition and he probably finds the exercise of dancing like a walk in the park. 

I agree the judges are getting picky. Everyone will have to step up their game.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Oh dear, Jonnie- 20 points for the Cha Cha might put you in Danger. Halloween Week = horrible scores? Not for Debbie apparently. She's taking the lead for the second time in a row.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Week 7 is done, and it's Debbie again. First perfect score of the season for her amazing Tango. It even had Craig on his knees, which is probably a first. Giovanni is on a roll. Wow.
Impressive as always, and much improved technically: Alexandra. No wonder she finished just one point off the leader. Best Cha Cha of the season. These two women are much more consistent than Aston, who took quite a dip this week. Second from the bottom with 25 only for a bumpy Viennese Waltz. Joe and Davood left him behind with surprisingly good performances. Joe was even named the dark horse by Shirley. Aston, watch your back! Still don't think the voters will send him into the dance-off.
Ruth may be at the bottom, but I wouldn't be surprised if she got lots of votes for the most hilarious Paso I've ever seen. Still there were some impressive moments in that- well done, Anton.
I couldn't imagine any of the disabled contestants I've seen so far do a Salsa like the one Oti threw at Jonnie. She never goes easy on him. Neither do the judges, but that's fine. No one so far called him an inspiration or stuff like that, and I think that's how he likes it. Shirley pointed out he's found a way to make up for what he's lacking in hip action, and for me she's got it right.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Gossip time: the Strictly FB group I belong to is really going after Debbie for her experience. Alexandra gets a lot of flack too, not sure why. The group is very divided about Shirley Ballas. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Ok, but what do you personally think of Debbie and Alexandra? As far as I'm concerned, they deliver the kind of performances I want to see, and that's all that matters. We both know lots of contestants with previous experience besides Debbie. Sometimes it's held against them; sometimes it isn't. Alexandra gives it her all. A bit like Vanessa Lachey, but on an even higher level. Why dislike her for that? I love what she brings every week. Maybe her vulnerability apepeals to the worst instincts of these people.
Shirley will find her way. Like Len, it's not her goal to be everybody's darling, but she's actually quite nice and encouraging, rather than being picky. And she definitely knows her stuff.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:32 pm

What do I personally think of Debbie and Alexandra? I guess I'm so-so on Debbie, don't really know why. Lack of connection? Probably. Alexandra I enjoy and appreciate muchly. "My Team" is Jonnie and Oti although their dance was not as great as others they've done. This season has seen some excellent performances for sure. 

I think part if the disconnect between Shirley and a lot of the fans is simply the fact that she isn't Len. He was a fixture and pretty darn popular. She is knowledgeable certainly and things will settle down if she stays on as a judge. She sometimes commits some verbal wrong turns as when she pissed off all the Scott's and Irish viewers. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:39 pm

This just in: Jonnie and Oti are through to next week, whereas Aston really is in the bottom two- what a rollercoaster this must be for Janette as well.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Aston was eliminated because Shirley voted to save Mollie. Who would have thought after his fabulous Paso last week! Mollie doesn't seem to be very popular with the viewers; she's been there before.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Yes and it's very entertaining on the Strictly page right now. Getting a little heated at present. I don't see much support for Mollie but she hung in there.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Week eight was a mesmerizing show! Everyone gave their all and stayed true to the character of the assigned style. No gimmicks, no additional dancers, none of this messin' about. Alexandra took the lead from Debbie this time. I swear when I saw the first few seconds of her Argentine Tango with Gorka, it sent me way back to Nicole and Derek. I've never been the biggest Scherzinger fan, but that AT was iconic (and would have fit in for next Monday's DWTS show), and this one was just as pure, intricate, and classical.
In addition to that, the orchestra was fantastic this time. When I had a first look at the tracklist and saw icons like Katy Perry, Bono/ Mary J. Blige, Clapton, and even Adele, I expected the worst- but it all sounded excellent!
Just the Foxtrot was a real stumbling block this time; for Ruth as well as Jonnie, who struggled with the heel leads and the rise and fall a lot. So these two mark the bottom this time. I hope Oti's fan base is strong enough to avoid the dance-off. Joe and Davood not only lasted over Aston, they are actually improving. Even Susan was quite impressive in her Tango. Not sure why Mollie's Paso scored so low. I might have to watch it again, but at first sight it was better than 22.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:10 am

I haven't been a big Davood fan up to now but dang it, that impressed me. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top