DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements - Page 4 Empty Re: DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements

Post by kincaid53 Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:39 am

Lesallee wrote:Now it's all over the internet that Marilu Henner is Derek's partner! If that is so I will find myself in a position I haven't occupied for a long time, hoping the Derek team does well.

Never been a fan of hers,  I didn't care for Ricki Lake, but I liked her on this show. So you never know. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements - Page 4 Empty Re: DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:48 am

I kept changing my mind about her in the past.  I guess I like her, but she does talk a lot.  I was imagining her with Maks and how she would probably drive him crazy.  Lol!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I kept changing my mind about her in the past.  I guess I like her, but she does talk a lot.  I was imagining her with Maks and how she would probably drive him crazy.  Lol!

....I would watch just to see those rehearsal packages!!!          ROFL

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:24 pm

kincaid53 wrote:        Of course I became an online citizen of @Hinchtown so I could receive their newsletter. Very Happy Hoping once the show starts there might be some news of he and Sharna in it!!
I am a new citizen of Hinchtown too, sis! I figured if my sister is I better follow suit. 

James lost that race in Texas last night by a fraction of a second! Wow! 

By the way, I think James and Sharna will be the best looking couple on this season.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:56 pm

I saw that sis, 0.008 of a second....... Darn

He and the lovely Sharna will make a good looking couple. I bet this partnership puts a big Very Happy  on Sharnas face!!  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:04 pm

I saw where they call him the IndyCar "Stud"!   Thumbs up!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm with Sharna all the way!  Just want to see her win a long overdue MBT!! Yay!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Babs2147 wrote:I'm with Sharna all the way!  Just want to see her win a long overdue MBT!! Yay!
Yes I'm with you on that and having a "Stud" for a partner just makes all that much better to get those votes in for her.   Giggle
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:11 pm

Vanilla Ice for Witney say several sources. Also, Mark is out this season reportedly. We'll see tomorrow a.m.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Bummer about Mark.  He was sending nodding gifs to folks asking if he would be back this season as late as 36 hours ago.  He got a haircut!  I wonder what celebrity messed this up for him. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:30 pm

The Couples Season 23 (99% confidence)

1.  Allison and Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds

2.  Artem and Maureen McCormick

3.  Cheryl and Ryan Lochte

4.  Derek and Marilu Henner

5.  Emma and Rick Perry
6.  Gleb and Jana Kramer

7.  Jenna and Jake Austin

8.  Lindsay and Calvin Johnson

9.  Maks and Amber Rose

10. Sasha and Terra Joule

11. Sharna and James Hinchcliffe

12. Val and Laurie Hernandez

13. Witney and Vanilla Ice
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:35 pm

So no JoJo?
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:51 pm

It sounds like Gleb and Jana will be the best looking on the show if that matters. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:52 pm

I was kind of looking forward to seeing how JoJo dances.  They did this with Kaitlyn when they said she would be on and she wasn't. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:46 am

No Jo Jo?   Darn
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:04 am

Babs2147 wrote:No Jo Jo?   Darn

I have a feeling that it was Jo Jo who screwed up Mark Ballas by staying on the fence for so long and then not going through with it.  Now he doesn't have a partner. 

I do not know this as a fact, though.  All I know was that we were told for some time that she would be on the show this season.  Has she been having sudden changes in her life circumstances that would result in something like this?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:07 am

Glittersisgld wrote:It sounds like Gleb and Jana will be the best looking on the show if that matters. 

There seem to be a few great looking couples this season.  How well will they dance, though?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:

Just for the record: I predicted another last minute return of the Hough, but no one believed it...

I bow to your prescience!   You might be happy to know that very few of his fans who know his schedule are actually thrilled at the idea of his coming back as a regular pro this season.  He has way too many irons in the fire.  He has a number of public appearances in September to prepare for, he has several secret projects he is working on, and he will start rehearsals for Hairspray two weeks into DWTS.  It seems like he is going to wind up sick or will have yet another accident. 

Still, there's even more secrecy than usual about his return, so maybe they figured something out.

Couldn't it be he just missed the family? Even tough Cheryl admitted on GMA she did... Hope he learned his lesson from the season with Nastia and takes care of himself.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:It sounds like Gleb and Jana will be the best looking on the show if that matters. 

There seem to be a few great looking couples this season.  How well will they dance, though?
No cleavage or bare male chest will keep Len from looking at the footwork.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:56 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:

Just for the record: I predicted another last minute return of the Hough, but no one believed it...

I bow to your prescience!   You might be happy to know that very few of his fans who know his schedule are actually thrilled at the idea of his coming back as a regular pro this season.  He has way too many irons in the fire.  He has a number of public appearances in September to prepare for, he has several secret projects he is working on, and he will start rehearsals for Hairspray two weeks into DWTS.  It seems like he is going to wind up sick or will have yet another accident. 

Still, there's even more secrecy than usual about his return, so maybe they figured something out.

Couldn't it be he just missed the family? Even tough Cheryl admitted on GMA she did... Hope he learned his lesson from the season with Nastia and takes care of himself.

Maybe, but was he ever away from the family?  His girlfriend (Hayley Erbert) and his brother (Mark)  were in the cast and he was in and out of the studio every week and backstage during most of the performances cheering them on while trying to stay out of the camera (fans found him hugging people backstage with the All-access camera, though).  He now says that he was informed a month back or so that the production of Singin' in the Rain was postponed to later 2017 (it was supposed to start in February or so) because so many productions there are doing well and they can't get a theatre -- though the reason is probably more like "the competition is so stiff that they don't want to take the chance with a new production just yet". That postponement resulted in opening up time for him, so he came back to DWTS, which he said that he would do when he wasn't otherwise committed. 

Will he take care of himself?  Who knows?  He's hyperactive.  I'm just hoping that 64-year-old Marilu will exert some time-and-rest-management influence, though she seems to have the same problem.  They are calling their team "Henergy".
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 pm

Like Mark, Derek literally grew up on DWTS. I totally understand he wants to be there. Wasn't it you who said the pros are connecting on more levels than we imagine? I love the idea that the door is open for anyone who wants to return. Kym, Anna, Karina, Edyta, Cheryl, Louis, Maks- I would have laughed everyone in the face who said they would do it again. And you can take time out for whatever reason and still be confident to be considered again, like Emma, Artem, Allison, Derek, and now Peta, Mark, and Tony. I am just worried this family is becoming too big for the possibilities of the show.

Anyway, it will be interesting to watch which road team Henergy will take. Maybe a bit more classical, with respect to her age. Len surely wouldn't mind.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:30 am

DeadManDancing wrote:Is that the gymnast who played herself in the movie Scrooged with Bill Murray? At least someone I recognize! Agewise, this must be another Jennifer and Derek situation then...
No...that was Mary Lou Retton.  Marilu Henner was on the TV show Taxi, and has done several Broadway and movie productions!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Thank you, I've been told so already. I guess I'll remain a fish out of water as far as American celebs are concerned. Which by no means speaks against them. Cast looks promising again. It almost seems DWTS is becoming more and more fashionable for the stars?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Marilu also dated John Travolta at one point.  You surely know who he is.  Lol! 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Are you kidding me? Of course I know Travolta. He's the guy who played the dance doctor in one of Kirstie and Maks' packages... Laughing
Honestly, there have been a few a-listers over the years whose fame has travelled across the ocean- like Joey Fatone, Donnie Osmond, Jennifer Grey, and Kirstie Alley. But that is clearly a minority. And now I'm gonna tell you a secret. It's the same with the German version of the show. I would have to go to the barber shop more often to find out who these people are, but being almost bald, that doesn't make sense. Does it bother me? No. Let's see them dance.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top