DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements - Page 3 Empty Re: DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements

Post by Psychee22 Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:35 pm

Lesallee wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:Which gymnast?
I have seen Laurie Hernandez's name talked about for season 23 for awhile now. Not confirmed. But Derek is implying he has a gymnast today so she may be a good bet. I wish it wasn't so. 

I don't have a good track record where guesses like these are concerned, but for what it is worth, I would be surprised if Derek got Laurie after Mark asked for her.  I would, instead, guess that McKayla Maroney asked for him, with some extra urging from Shawn.  Derek liked McKayla when he did his season with Shawn... I seem to recall him being amused by her "sass".

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements - Page 3 Empty Re: DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements

Post by Babs2147 Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:25 pm

SLA44 wrote:I wonder why they never have a male gymnast on DWTS?  Is it because they are generally shorter in stature?  I would think they would do quite well on the show - they have had two male skaters on and they did well.

But I will still hope for a real celebrity like Scott Eastwood.  I could really handle 10 weeks of him on my TV Screen.   DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements - Page 3 Z
Just saw him in The Longest Ride and have to agree, SLA. WOW! drooling Bring him on!!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:40 pm

I wonder who will get the little woman.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:11 pm

Laurie Hernandez is joining the cast  .... per ET on line.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:22 pm

Babs2147 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:I wonder why they never have a male gymnast on DWTS?  Is it because they are generally shorter in stature?  I would think they would do quite well on the show - they have had two male skaters on and they did well.

But I will still hope for a real celebrity like Scott Eastwood.  I could really handle 10 weeks of him on my TV Screen.   DWTS Seasion 23 Cast Announcements - Page 3 Z
Just saw him in The Longest Ride and have to agree, SLA. WOW! drooling Bring him on!!
I just finished watching The Longest Ride myself and yes  WOW! drooling is right!!!  What a great movie and the acting in was very good.  We should be so lucky to get someone like him as a celebrity on DWST.  I'll just keep on dreaming!!!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:53 pm

More rumours and speculation (none confirmed):

Sharna is rumoured to be paired with Canadian race car driver James Hinchcliffe. I googled him and if this comes to pass I've found my couple! 

I was so afraid Sharna was going to get Lochte but Sharna has specifically denied that over the last few days. She is in Texas and James is racing in Texas today. Whew, that's a relief! 

So by the process of elimination poor little Witney is landed with Lochte.

Speculation says Gleb gets B'ette JoJo Fletcher.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Oh boy...  Witney and Lochte... both intellectually challenged... if they played that right, it could be quite funny.  And that wouldn't be bad for his image.... he'd be totally forgiven if America realized how dim witted he is. They'd just shake their heads at his endearing cluelessness.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:47 am

First rumour I have picked up this Sunday morning: Val has Laurie Hernandez for a partner. Completely unsubstantiated of course as it is just a rumour. And Mark may be sitting this season out. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:57 am

Rumour number 2 for today ( hey, it's cool, windy and damp here today, have to amuse myself somehow). 
Emma's partner is former Governor of Texas, Rick Perry not Jungle Jack Hanna. 

Why does the show keep doing these things to her? I'm sure when they gave her Bill Engvall they figured he'd be gone in short order but Emma and Bill surprised them. Ditto with Hayes Grier; the fact that the kid could dance and Emma did a great job with him was a surprise to DWTS. 

Last edited by Lesallee on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:55 pm

..I looked up your guy James....he's a cutie!! I saw where he is the Mayor of fictional @Hinchtown Smile  sounds like our kind of guy LoL!!  I watched the video of his Indy car crash ooooo Shock   Sounds like he will be with Sharna if so it looks like a good team to me!!

Here is a little Sunny 1 for you!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:20 pm

I was looking forward to Jack Hanna.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:21 pm

I guess we will need a Chongie Family meeting soon to determine Our Team. I suspect Brother DMD will come down on the side of Sharna and James and I likely will too. I wouldn't be surprised if I have a second strong fave team in Jenna and Jake T Austin.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Of course I became an online citizen of @Hinchtown so I could receive their newsletter. Very Happy Hoping once the show starts there might be some news of he and Sharna in it!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I was looking forward to Jack Hanna.

Me too...I met him when I lived in Columbus quite a while ago.....he has a fun personality. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:42 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I was looking forward to Jack Hanna.
As I said Glitters, Emma getting the politician not Jack Hanna is right now, an unsubstantiated rumour. Maybe it's wrong. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
Lesallee wrote:The Houghs are back, J judging, D as a pro. Good news for some and an oh no for others. 

I did not see that coming!  I guess Derek doesn't have a non-compete clause in his contract, as Hairspray is on another network.  Hate, though, that he will once again be burning the candle at both ends, as he starts rehearsals for that show in late October. 

Just for the record: I predicted another last minute return of the Hough, but no one believed it...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Lesallee wrote:I guess we will need a Chongie Family meeting soon to determine Our Team. I suspect Brother DMD will come down on the side of Sharna and James and I likely will too. I wouldn't be surprised if I have a second strong fave team in Jenna and Jake T Austin.
Since so far I have no clue at all who any of these people are, I kindly ask to maybe postpone the family meeting until week 2- I want to see them all dance once before I make up my mind. Of course I keep my fingers crossed that Sharna gets a contender.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Now it's all over the internet that Marilu Henner is Derek's partner! If that is so I will find myself in a position I haven't occupied for a long time, hoping the Derek team does well.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Is that the gymnast who played herself in the movie Scrooged with Bill Murray? At least someone I recognize! Agewise, this must be another Jennifer and Derek situation then...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Marilu Henner is an actress.  She used to be on the show Taxi.  She is older than Jennifer. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:26 pm

My final rumour report of the day. There is a lot of talk that Cheryl is back for season 23.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:30 pm

Well, it seems that some of those rumors above are true... 

#1.  Emma gave three clues about her partner through the official @abcdance account, and they fit Rick Perry.  I wouldn't mind that so much if it was not an election year, but the guy supports Trump, and it will be very difficult for me to forget that during the show.  I'd be fine with him next season.  He is supposed to be a funny guy...

#2.  Val definitely has Laurie as she fits the three clues that he supplied for his partner.  That seems sad to me, since Mark publicly asked for her weeks ago, but maybe it has something to do with her living in NJ.  Still, I'm sad.  I think she would have been a very cute partner for Mark.

#3.  I read that the Cheryl coming back is confirmed now, and folks are thinking that she was brought in for Lochte.  Perhaps Witney felt that he was too much for her to handle given his baggage. 

It seems like there are now 13 confirmed pros and Mark, who has not yet been confirmed but is responding to tweets with a smirk emoji which is supposed to be his way of saying he is in. 

This will be an 11 week season.  Maybe they can handle 14 couples.  ???

Last edited by Psychee22 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:39 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:
Lesallee wrote:The Houghs are back, J judging, D as a pro. Good news for some and an oh no for others. 

I did not see that coming!  I guess Derek doesn't have a non-compete clause in his contract, as Hairspray is on another network.  Hate, though, that he will once again be burning the candle at both ends, as he starts rehearsals for that show in late October. 

Just for the record: I predicted another last minute return of the Hough, but no one believed it...

I bow to your prescience!   You might be happy to know that very few of his fans who know his schedule are actually thrilled at the idea of his coming back as a regular pro this season.  He has way too many irons in the fire.  He has a number of public appearances in September to prepare for, he has several secret projects he is working on, and he will start rehearsals for Hairspray two weeks into DWTS.  It seems like he is going to wind up sick or will have yet another accident. 

Still, there's even more secrecy than usual about his return, so maybe they figured something out.

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:56 pm

This just in:  Derek is partnered with Marilu Henner.  64 years old.  In terrific shape.  Has a superior memory.  Into healthy food, keeping active, etc.   Has written a bunch of books.  Has a morning radio show. Has had prior dance experience as a young person.  I think she might have even done some MC'ing for PBS ballroom shows.  Derek will adore her.

And I'm happy because I think there will be less of a chance of his overdoing things with her. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:01 pm

We know that Cheryl takes no guff from anyone and insists on effort from her partners. Perhaps she is the best bet to handle Lochte. Witney has a hard time cracking the whip and Lyin' Ryan might have walked all over her.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top