Between Seasons Conversations

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by GymGirlJane on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Dude, I am with you on gun control.  I believe in it strongly.  But this mass shooting in Orlando was apparently the work of an Islamist.  All the gun control laws in the world will not put a stop to terror with that  motivation.  They did not use guns in Boston.  explosives work just as well.

Moreover, even with other types of mass shootings -- gun control laws in the U.S. will not eliminate them.  Not as long as guns can pour in illegally over the border.  Gun control is a good idea.  But the problem is far more complex.

anyway -- thats my last comment on this.  have a great day Tang.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Posts : 401
Likes : 115
Join date : 2015-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Babs2147 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:00 pm

suebob16 wrote:Sorry for delivering some sad news.  Sad



I was upset to learn about the recent death of singer Christina Grimmie.  She died of her injuries from a shooting at a concert in Orlando.  Christina had made earlier appearances on DWTS that included singing Titanium for a Macy's Stars of Dance production and Love Runs Out for Alfonso and Witney's contemporary dance.

Christina was probably best known for becoming a finalist on NBC's The Voice in 2014.  I first discovered her on YouTube where she started her career, and I've enjoyed watching her career grow from there.  There have been tweets from the many celebrities, peers, and fans who knew her, and like them I'm going to miss her.  Christina was only 22.
Christina blew me away with her rendition of Hold On, We're Going Home.  Simply beautiful and sadly prophetic!

Babs2147
Power User

Posts : 614
Likes : 307
Join date : 2015-07-27
Location : Northern NJ

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by peebeeb on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:38 am

Babs2147 wrote:
suebob16 wrote:Sorry for delivering some sad news.  Sad



I was upset to learn about the recent death of singer Christina Grimmie.  She died of her injuries from a shooting at a concert in Orlando.  Christina had made earlier appearances on DWTS that included singing Titanium for a Macy's Stars of Dance production and Love Runs Out for Alfonso and Witney's contemporary dance.

Christina was probably best known for becoming a finalist on NBC's The Voice in 2014.  I first discovered her on YouTube where she started her career, and I've enjoyed watching her career grow from there.  There have been tweets from the many celebrities, peers, and fans who knew her, and like them I'm going to miss her.  Christina was only 22.
Christina blew me away with her rendition of Hold On, We're Going Home.  Simply beautiful and sadly prophetic!
She had a lovely voice. So incredibly sad.

peebeeb
Power User

Posts : 496
Likes : 233
Join date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by bluechipdude on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:50 am

GymGirlJane wrote:Dude, I am with you on gun control.  I believe in it strongly.  But this mass shooting in Orlando was apparently the work of an Islamist.  All the gun control laws in the world will not put a stop to terror with that  motivation.  They did not use guns in Boston.  explosives work just as well.

Moreover, even with other types of mass shootings -- gun control laws in the U.S. will not eliminate them.  Not as long as guns can pour in illegally over the border.  Gun control is a good idea.  But the problem is far more complex.

anyway -- thats my last comment on this.  have a great day Tang.

Jane it's not that I'm for gun control as much for making military weapons unavailable to the public. Light caliber guns I have no problem with. The longer we smell our armpits and do nothing the more of these weapons get out to the public. It's too difficult to be able to track people who buy them and what their frame of mind may be when they buy them. I question your statement about guns pouring in from Mexico. I think it's the opposite. Anyway as long as we do nothing to stop this the more I'm numbed when another massacre occurs won't be taking part in vigils and muttering "Woe Me Me," to myself. This is my last comment on this subject.You have a great day as well.

bluechipdude

Posts : 132
Likes : 18
Join date : 2015-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by bluechipdude on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:55 am

Did they change the board out here, no more emogis, being able to use the quote button or notice of someone making a post?

bluechipdude

Posts : 132
Likes : 18
Join date : 2015-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by GymGirlJane on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:53 pm

bluechipdude wrote:Did they change the board out here, no more emogis, being able to use the quote button or notice of someone making a post?
Dude, I still have both the Quote function and emoticons.  So it may have just been a temporary glitch you experienced.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Posts : 401
Likes : 115
Join date : 2015-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Lesallee on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:44 pm

bluechipdude wrote:Did they change the board out here, no more emogis, being able to use the quote button or notice of someone making a post?
You may have somehow gotten onto the mobile version, blue. If so, click the three white lines in a blue box, top right of page. Drop down menu gives you options, click on classic version. That should help. My little iPad constantly does that to me so I have to do this often.

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2406
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Lesallee on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:37 pm

More baby news - the PenaVegas, Alexa and Carlos are awaiting their first little munchkin. Congrats to them. 

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2406
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Oakma on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:48 pm

This will be another beautiful baby .... congrats to the happy lucky couple ... Woo hoo

Oakma

Posts : 247
Likes : 130
Join date : 2015-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Babs2147 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:14 am

Finally, some good news. Smile    Congrats to Alexa and Carlos!

Babs2147
Power User

Posts : 614
Likes : 307
Join date : 2015-07-27
Location : Northern NJ

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Lesallee on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:43 am


Just look at the lovely people I found today. Doesn't my boy look fantastic? If only, if only I could see him again on DWTS!

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2406
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Lesallee on Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:02 pm


Happy Mom and Dad to be.

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2406
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by kincaid53 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:49 pm

    What a great pic sis of Tristan.....Emma and Sasha going Look who we found!!!
     Congratulations to the PenaVegas!!!   Very happy for them!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Posts : 1581
Likes : 593
Join date : 2015-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Lesallee on Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:56 pm

Emma's comment on the photo said, "The family together again, at last. Only thing missing is Tahyna."  (Tristan's wife). They are very close and have been for years. 

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2406
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:35 am

Could it be your Irishman has gained some weight? Seems he's enjoying the role of a family man a little too much...

DeadManDancing
Power User

Posts : 2254
Likes : 662
Join date : 2015-07-28
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:33 am

One of the first pics. Guessing from the comments, it seems to be a great show.



DeadManDancing
Power User

Posts : 2254
Likes : 662
Join date : 2015-07-28
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:39 am

And in case you asked yourself what Derek is doing meanwhile:




Always looking for a new challenge.

DeadManDancing
Power User

Posts : 2254
Likes : 662
Join date : 2015-07-28
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Lesallee on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:20 am

Who's Derek? 

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2406
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Lesallee wrote:Who's Derek? 
Oh well, I forgot to mention. Just the guy who took over pumping gas, since Maks is busy dancing again. Laughing

DeadManDancing
Power User

Posts : 2254
Likes : 662
Join date : 2015-07-28
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Lesallee on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:10 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Who's Derek? 
Oh well, I forgot to mention. Just the guy who took over pumping gas, since Maks is busy dancing again. Laughing
HaHa, good one, Bro! 
Laughing



Listening to some talking heads expounding on the  UK leaving the EU. What's the German take on the possibility?

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2406
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:55 pm

According to the polls, it could go either way. Officially we're neutral of course- one should always respect democratic decisions in other countries. But: even in spite of their special discount that goes back to the era of Margret Thatcher, GB is still the third biggest net fee-paying member; Germany being the biggest. You can easily imagine how that alone would hurt us with so many receiver countries. Exports would also suffer if the free market was gone. Experts say it would take years until new contracts were ready to sign. But most people here think the damage for Britain itself would be even bigger. London is the EU's financial center. Most probably Frankfurt would take over. Anyway the risks seem incalculable. We may not be totally unselfish, but we think they should stay. If not, and in case their example catches on, it might be the end of the EU in general. Right-wing extremists in Germany and France (though being a minority right now)would get fresh impetus for their anti-EU propaganda. Not gonna lie, it's a difficult situation. 

DeadManDancing
Power User

Posts : 2254
Likes : 662
Join date : 2015-07-28
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Lesallee on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Thanks for your thoughts on this matter, brother. With the world almost seeming to spin out of control recently I fervently wish for a lessening of tensions.

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2406
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by peebeeb on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:03 am

Lesallee wrote:Thanks for your thoughts on this matter, brother. With the world almost seeming to spin out of control recently I fervently wish for a lessening of tensions.
I'm with you.

peebeeb
Power User

Posts : 496
Likes : 233
Join date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Babs2147 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:53 pm

peebeeb wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Thanks for your thoughts on this matter, brother. With the world almost seeming to spin out of control recently I fervently wish for a lessening of tensions.
I'm with you.
Amen.

Babs2147
Power User

Posts : 614
Likes : 307
Join date : 2015-07-27
Location : Northern NJ

Back to top Go down

Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by peebeeb on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Just saw a preview of the new season of Running Wild with Bear Grylls and Julianne is going to be on.

Wonder what she's going to have to eat or drink...

peebeeb
Power User

Posts : 496
Likes : 233
Join date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum