Between Seasons Conversations

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 2 Empty Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by kincaid53 Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:34 pm

Now that's a Samba! Applause She is adorable!!! Thanks brother!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Adorable is the right word. I simply love her. Now consider she started from zero. Here's the freestyle.

http://www.clipfish.de/special/lets-dance/video/4318480/victoria-knallt-alles-in-ihren-letzten-tanz-hinein-lets-dance-2016/

I decided to post one more link. If you watch it, you may think it's just another pro bumper. What makes it special is the couple front and center: our judges.

http://www.clipfish.de/special/lets-dance/video/4318452/motsi-mabuse-und-jorge-gonzalez-performen-im-lets-dance-finale/
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:38 pm

Couldn't get in from your link without downloading an app from the German store so I went the YouTube route. So good, those two were a well matched pair. I watched the other finalists too and I am much impressed by the calibre of Let's Dance and the teaching pros on the show.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:41 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Here I am. Thank you all for asking. It's really heartwarming to have a family that cares. So far we're good, but it ain't over yet. There are still warnings of thunderstorm and heavy rain. Germany's biggest open air rock festival, featuring bands like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, was cancelled the other night after 80 people were injured by lightning strike. Our area wasn't hit as hard as others by now, but the ground is so soaked that trees come down without warning and creeks and rivers are on the edge of breaking banks. The rain stopped today; so I hope we have the worst behind us.
The main reason I was offline though was the finale of Let's Dance. The show may not be as big as DWTS, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The winner is a young girl named Victoria Swarovski. Thinking of rhinestones, anyone? Yes, that's her family. But she is totally unpretentious, charming, and the best dancer of the season, so after Nyle and Peta, no reason to complain there either. She even could afford to pick the Samba as her favorite dance. I could post a link if anyone is interested. Her freestyle was a medley from The Mask. Who knows, maybe her pro was inspired by Nyle and Peta's Quickstep, but of course the choreography was totally different. A nice reminder for me though.
I hope you are still safe and dry. Sending hugs to all of those affected.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:49 pm

Just saw an interview with Allison. She said she would love to come back for the fall season of dwts.  They asked her about Peta being pregnant and she congratulated her.   Allison said I feel like we are tag teaming.  So another maybe confirmation of baby Chmergatroyd.    I do hope Allison comes back.  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:04 pm

Saw some cute pics of Sharna, Rumer, Petas brother Sam and a few others spending the day at Disneyland......looked like soooooo much fun!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:49 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Just saw an interview with Allison. She said she would love to come back for the fall season of dwts.  They asked her about Peta being pregnant and she congratulated her.   Allison said I feel like we are tag teaming.  So another maybe confirmation of baby Chmergatroyd.    I do hope Allison comes back.  
If I'm being honest there are several departed pros I would prefer back on the show before Allison. Emma, for one. I don't dislike Allison although many do dislike her. Brother DMD believes she, along with Keo would benefit with some troupe experience and I tend to concur with his opinion.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:32 pm

Hasn't Keo been with the troupe awhile?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:53 pm

I would love to see Emma back.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:48 am

I would like to see Cheryl comeback as well but I don't know if she's still under contract.Talking about Laila and Maks,I stumbled across a very sexy dance they did to a very sexy song called "Straight to no.1" out on the tube.Give it a looksee. drooling

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:24 am

bluechipdude wrote:I would like to see Cheryl comeback as well but I don't know if she's still under contract.Talking about Laila and Maks,I stumbled across a very sexy dance they did to a very sexy song called "Straight to no.1" out on the tube.Give it a looksee. drooling
Watched it, blue. You're right, it's a steamy little number. 

I too, would appreciate Cheryl's return. I always admired her no bs straightforward attitude. Before last season I would have said there was no chance of her returning as she and DWTS parted a bit acrimoniously. Cheryl wanted more creative input with the show and DWTS basically said, "No, just shut up and dance". But with the return of Edyta, who really left the show with animosity I have hope that things could be resolved with Cheryl too. I always liked Lacey Schwimmer too and she has maintained ties with the show so she is always a possibility.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:03 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Hasn't Keo been with the troupe awhile?
Like Allison, Keo has never been on the troupe before they became pros. But since in his first seasons he was eliminated early (remember how Erin was teasing him about that?) he did a lot of pro and troupe bumpers. So in a way you're right; he was with the troupe a lot. He was never a regular troupe member though.  
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Lesallee wrote:

I too, would appreciate Cheryl's return. I always admired her no bs straightforward attitude. Before last season I would have said there was no chance of her returning as she and DWTS parted a bit acrimoniously. Cheryl wanted more creative input with the show and DWTS basically said, "No, just shut up and dance". But with the return of Edyta, who really left the show with animosity I have hope that things could be resolved with Cheryl too. I always liked Lacey Schwimmer too and she has maintained ties with the show so she is always a possibility.
I'd say Lacey is more likely to return than Cheryl. Like Kym and Anna, she has appeared on All Access, and she has choreographed some pro numbers. But then, nothing seems impossible for Rob Wade. There are more talented troupe members waiting for a call as well. While we are speculating about who will return, Jenna may have signed up already. Above all that, I want Emma back. The Lovely Ladies are not complete without her. Miss her British accent  too. Sounds more familiar for me.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:55 pm

peebeeb wrote:

Thanks a lot for caring, peebeeb; apprreciate it. The sun came out today, but with the ground still wet, it was as steamy as August in Louisiana- which created more thunderstorms. Ginger Zee could explain in detail how that happens.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:10 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
peebeeb wrote:

Thanks a lot for caring, peebeeb; apprreciate it. The sun came out today, but with the ground still wet, it was as steamy as August in Louisiana- which created more thunderstorms. Ginger Zee could explain in detail how that happens.
Glad you got some sunshine and I hope Mother Nature gives you a long break from nasty weather. Living in the Midwest I'm well acquainted with severe t-storms.

*hugs*

Take care.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Thanks
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:05 am

Sorry for delivering some sad news.  Sad

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 2 9832874_christinagrimmie_240

I was upset to learn about the recent death of singer Christina Grimmie.  She died of her injuries from a shooting at a concert in Orlando.  Christina had made earlier appearances on DWTS that included singing Titanium for a Macy's Stars of Dance production and Love Runs Out for Alfonso and Witney's contemporary dance.

Christina was probably best known for becoming a finalist on NBC's The Voice in 2014.  I first discovered her on YouTube where she started her career, and I've enjoyed watching her career grow from there.  There have been tweets from the many celebrities, peers, and fans who knew her, and like them I'm going to miss her.  Christina was only 22.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:05 am

It was in the news over here as well. I do remember her performing on DWTS, and I was shocked. What a tragedy. Another idiot who should never have had access to weapons ended a life and a carreer that had only just begun. Why? It's insane.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:48 am

A beautiful young woman taken by a mad man with a gun. So sad. All The Voice coaches are very broken up.

And now, this morning we are confronted with that horrific Orlando nightclub slaughter of at least 50 people. I think the original death toll was 20 but just minutes ago I saw the total dead adjusted upward to 50, making it the worst mass shooting in American history. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:57 am

Lesallee wrote:A beautiful young woman taken by a mad man with a gun. So sad. All The Voice coaches are very broken up.

And now, this morning we are confronted with that horrific Orlando nightclub slaughter of at least 50 people. I think the original death toll was 20 but just minutes ago I saw the total dead adjusted upward to 50, making it the worst mass shooting in American history. 
Sad beyond words at what an effed up world we live in.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:26 am

Lesallee wrote:A beautiful young woman taken by a mad man with a gun. So sad. All The Voice coaches are very broken up.

My question on the mass nightclub massacre is. How did he get into the club with two assault weapons without being seen? If anyone knows please tell me. The answers to getting a handle on controlling this stuff is quite common sense, so nothing surprises anymore. In spite of all this bad news Lesalle, there was some good news for you Cannucks. Brooke Henderson of Canada won the ladies KMPG in a playoff hole and at 18 became the youngest winner of a ladies major event. Talking of Cannucks the world lost probably the greatest hockey player of all time,  Gordie Howe who fittingly passed away the same day as Muhammad Ali's funeral took place. Both men were the greatest in their own way.RIP!

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:43 am

bluechipdude wrote:

My question on the mass nightclub massacre is. How did he get into the club with two assault weapons without being seen? If anyone knows please tell me. 
Whats the big mystery?  People with criminal intent know how to hide weapons.  Are you suggesting we start frisking/searching everyone going into any place of public accommodation?  Clubs, restaurants, shops, parks, malls, movie theaters, opera houses?

What kills me is how every time one of these mass killings happens, people (with wildly disparate ideas of how to prevent these things) all chime in claiming its merely a matter of common sense.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:13 am

GymGirlJane wrote:
bluechipdude wrote:

My question on the mass nightclub massacre is. How did he get into the club with two assault weapons without being seen? If anyone knows please tell me. 
Whats the big mystery?  People with criminal intent know how to hide weapons.  Are you suggesting we start frisking/searching everyone going into any place of public accommodation?  Clubs, restaurants, shops, parks, malls, movie theaters, opera houses?

What kills me is how every time one of these mass killings happens, people (with wildly disparate ideas of how to prevent these things) all chime in claiming its merely a matter of common sense.

Well first off you didn't say how he got into the club with those weapons and being that it was in Florida in the summer I'm sure he wasn't wearing a bulky winter overcoat. I'm not suggesting we frisk all people entering public places, but maybe it would be a start to solving a complicated problem. You're a lawyer,how many cases are there of something like this happening in court house.Don't you have to empty your pockets and get the wand treatment or something like it before you get in? Lets see this bird had been under FBI watch several times and 3 days before this had purchased military assault weapons complete with the military type ammo. that goes end over end and just destroys anything it touches.Hello here comes the common sense. Just maybe they shouldn't be sold to the public? I'll be waiting to hear about your solution. Thinking

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:39 am

Did not say I had the solution Dude.  My point was that a solution, even a partial one, is not a mere matter of "common sense" that is somehow eluding the authorities.  Terrorism is a tough thing to control and an impossible thing to completely eliminate.  Countries with the strictest gun control laws (and US states with the strictest gun control laws) still have these episodes of mass shootings.  There are clearly things we can be doing better -- but politics, constitutional and civil liberties concerns prevent some if not most or even all of them.  Also the failure to identify what the phenomenon is we are trying to prevent.  There is not even agreement on what this Orlando tragedy was about -- was it anti LGBT anger, Islamic terrorism or yet just another good old American mass shooting.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:34 am

GymGirlJane wrote:Did not say I had the solution Dude.  My point was that a solution, even a partial one, is not a mere matter of "common sense" that is somehow eluding the authorities.  Terrorism is a tough thing to control and an impossible thing to completely eliminate.  Countries with the strictest gun control laws (and US states with the strictest gun control laws) still have these episodes of mass shootings.  There are clearly things we can be doing better -- but politics, constitutional and civil liberties concerns prevent some if not most or even all of them.  Also the failure to identify what the phenomenon is we are trying to prevent.  There is not even agreement on what this Orlando tragedy was about -- was it anti LGBT anger, Islamic terrorism or yet just another good old American mass shooting.

States that have strict gun control laws are hampered by the fact that those that want to purchase an AR 15 can just go to a neighboring state and buy one. I can't think of many countries that have strict gun control laws who have the problem we do. Canada,Germany,England and Australia to name a few. I think starting with the type of weapons most used in these mass killings being almost impossible to purchase, would be a good common sense way for starters. It's not the only thing. The problem with these weapons is that they are hard to control, who has them and yet can do so much damage. Oddly when one of these events happens it's seldom done by a person who committed a felony. What was the first thing the police did in NO. during Katrina.Go house to house looking for guns and just take them away. There goes the old Right to Bear Arms argument the gun lobby likes to hide behind. Smile

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top