Between Seasons Conversations

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 9 Empty Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:21 pm

James' beautiful lady love, Becky Dalton.

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 9 Img_0337[url=https://servimg.com/view/19286627/236]Between Seasons Conversations - Page 9 Img_0338[/url]
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:05 am

Lesallee wrote:James' beautiful lady love, Becky Dalton.

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 9 Img_0337Between Seasons Conversations - Page 9 Img_0338
There must be something in the water in Australia.Their women are beautiful and the men are handsome.Becky is a great catch for James! Love

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:51 am

In this case it's our cold, pure Canadian water, blue. Becky is James' high school sweetheart. They dated through those years then lost touch. After James' horrific accident Becky contacted him to wish him well and the romance took flight again. Both James and Becky are from Oakville, ON. 

Hey, blue. We had a wild and woolly Grey Cup yesterday. The heavily favoured Calgary Stampeders surrendered the victory to the underdog Ottawa RedBlacks. It was decided in overtime. Probably lots of glum faces in Cow Town today.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:56 pm

Monday night. No DWTS. Bummer. 

Cure: some Jeta Frozen and Corbin, Karina and Witney jazz. There, I feel better.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:30 am

I hear you Lesallee.  I watched one of the earlier James and Sharna FB chats today.  It was such a delight to watch them chatting away like the good friends they are now.

____________________________________________

On a different topic, Google has now put up their latest Google Doodle honoring the 184th birthday of author Louisa May Alcott who was born on November 29, 1832.  Every so often over the years I pick up Little Women again to read.  Jo March is also my favorite Winona Ryder role from the 1994 film of Little Women.  

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 9 Louisa-may-alcotts-184th-birthday-5111070415912960-hp
             Beth                        Jo                        Amy             Meg                 Laurie

Smile
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:02 am

bluechipdude wrote:
Lesallee wrote:James' beautiful lady love, Becky Dalton.

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 9 Img_0337Between Seasons Conversations - Page 9 Img_0338
There must be something in the water in Australia.Their women are beautiful and the men are handsome.Becky is a great catch for James! Love
I get two newspapers,one a local and the other a Chicago rag. In the past I knew the Grey Cup was usually played just after our Thanksgiving. I looked in the Chicago sunday paper for football listings and it didn't even list the game, so I figured it must be next week. I did watch Kansas City versus Denver and it turned out to be a great game. Probably not as great as the Grey Cup game turned out to be. I looked in the local paper yesterday and there was the game listed at the very top of all the sunday football games. Too late now. O, Lesalle what was the story behind that Calgary player that was murdered outside that bar a few weeks ago? As far as ms. Becky is concerned I was wrong about her being an Aussie I thought I heard that she was. Darn  

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:14 am

Mylan Hicks was killed outside a Calgary club, very sad. The Stamps brought his Mom from Detroit to the Grey Cup. She seems to be a lovely lady.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Nov 29 TV Guide reports Derek is out for season 24. He will move to NBC and JLo's World of Dance as a judge. 

So some vacant spots popping up for next season. Sounds promising for Alan.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Wasn't Alan on SYTYCD???
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Alan was indeed on SYTYCD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcYYXSr_FI
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:33 pm

I agree.  If the show can find good matches, then Alan might have a chance.  Maybe Jenna too.

I wonder if Derek will continue to have future projects with NBC.  He is going to be in Hairspray Live and now this project with JLo.  Maybe in the future he could be the lead star of a future NBC live musical.  I forgot, though, that Derek may be back on Broadway in the future if Singin' In The Rain comes to pass.

JLo has been working with NBC too--her drama series Shades of Blue, the upcoming dance show, and also next year's live musical of Bye Bye Birdie where she will play Rosie.

Last edited by suebob16 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Lesallee wrote:Nov 29 TV Guide reports Derek is out for season 24. He will move to NBC and JLo's World of Dance as a judge. 

I'm trying to figure out when the premiere of this would be. 

It has not been scheduled yet.

They have a ten episode contract. 

The first round of audition tapes were due at the end of August.

Is it going to compete with DWTS?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Not sure what to make of that. Derek's had his share of dancing on DWTS for sure, and they obviously can't have two Houghs at the judges table. But it's hard to believe abc lets him go so easily. They have managed to bring back Maks one way or another every few seasons. They should do the same for him, I guess.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:02 pm

Derek never wanted to be a judge on DWTS.  But he has had some judging experience on other dance show panels (one in Korea, I think) where he took an active role in helping dancers improve their acts, and this might be like that.  Mostly, though, I am thinking that this offer seemed terrific for networking with other dancers and the World of Dance and JLo and a new network.  It might even help him learn and earn production creds.  The more people a dancer knows, the more opportunities present themselves.

This actually seemed more like a gig for Maks, though, given that he has a personal relationship with JLo, so I have been wondering if he is taking the first shift, as it were, while Maks enjoys his son's first year, then planning to hand it over when Singing in the Rain gets started -- whenever that may be. 

I am praying that they don't schedule this show to compete with DWTS, though.  That would be very awkward for Derek.  He would not want to do anything to hurt Disney.  In fact, he has another Disney special scheduled for Christmas Day. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Lesallee wrote:Alan was indeed on SYTYCD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcYYXSr_FI
Thx a bunch Very Happy
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Amazing man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zj-15OlBXE
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:43 am

James was able to fight back and survive against big odds.  His sport is his passion, and I wouldn't be surprised if later on he might become a team owner.

His personality is what makes him unique within IndyCar, and he seems to have lots of videos that have him representing IndyCar in various capacities--conducting interviews, presenting various aspects of the sport, promoting events, and presenting the more human and personal side of the sport.     

Of course James' sense of humor is what makes him stand out among his peers, and many of his videos show that.  Here's a video that has him training on a Honda driving simulator and at the same time being the entertainer that we enjoyed watching on DWTS.  

Very Happy
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:23 am

The Mayor of Hinchtown just got a promotion! His Royal Highness, King James.
King 
Between Seasons Conversations - Page 9 Img_0339
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:42 am

I am saddened to see the Val bashing starting up. Yes, I was critical of his performance overall this season but I will never question his dedication, sincerity and work ethic. This is a man who gives his all - he's passionate and he cares. Also, a man who has given me more pure enjoyment watching him dance than pretty well any other male pro. (Tristan excepted, as always).

From the beginning I felt this was one of the most managed and manipulated seasons in the show's history. Laurie was the designated winner but the show also had an agenda concerning Val. So they paired Laurie with Val, in my mind miscasting. Val often appeared uncomfortable and out of his element with Laurie. But I believe DWTS is in the process of creating a new "sexy pro" rivalry between Val and Gleb and the groundwork got well underway this past season. Consequently Val and Gleb were very "directed" so to speak, as to how the show wants this to develop.

Sister kin mentioned Val's partnerships with Rumer, Ginger, Zendaya and Elizabeth Berkeley. All great friends to this day. Elizabeth was so insecure and downright scared at times but Val was always there for her and kept her going. Zen became a Chmerkovskiy family member and still is. A self centred, preening, egotistical ass doesn't form these bonds. Val is none of those. He is a supremely talented, kind, caring and generous man. I pray DWTS doesn't tear that man down just to reconstruct some sort of sexpot lightweight.

Val will always be a favourite of mine, he's earned that over many seasons.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:25 pm

I'm not sure if people were thinking that Val's tears were fake, but I didn't think they were.  I don't know if I think Val is that sexy though.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:52 pm

Don't expect me to comment on Val's sexyness anyone; I'll leave that up to the ladies on this board. I have known and respected Val as described by Lesallee for years, and that is exactly why I was so disappointed with him this season. Others may take the opportunity to utter their general dislike, but that is not my point. Somehow it seems he wasn't himself this time. Maybe the Maks and Val tour added to the mental exhaustion; maybe he felt the pressure of the expected win. He normally has a way with adolescent girls- Zendaya has been mentioned already, but he also clicked with Bindi during the switchup. So I thought he and Laurie would be a good match too. Not that he failed all the time, we got quite a few glimpses at the old Val. Just his self-doubt and discouragement were hard to watch. No, I didn't like what I saw this season; including how the producers made use of it for their own purpose.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:18 pm

Lesallee, just think of my feeling about Val to be similar in nature to Glitter's feelings about Kellie Pickler being phony.  It may not make sense to anyone else, but Val really pushes my Eddie-Haskell-radar button.  You know how you shudder when you bite into a lemon?  That's the sensation I have when I hear him talk.  It is that automatic. 

But his fans like and respect him.  I would not want to change that.  We all need joy wherever we can find it.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:30 pm

I have the same negative feelings about Emma.  She just bothers me.  Goody-goody. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:32 pm

Maybe Laurie just brought something out in Val.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:51 pm

Changing the subject, I just saw the last three dances of Danny Mac and Oti on Strictly.

Wow. 

I have no idea who Danny Mac is -- is he a dancer?  Because he's really really good, and Oti's choreography is fantastic.  We have seen dances to these same three tunes, but I think she has bested our choreographers.

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top