DWTS Season 21

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 21 - Page 2 Empty Re: DWTS Season 21

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:17 pm

I'm sorry you feel that Starz and I am posting on both forums so I do not feel I separating myself from the rest of the members.  

There is always a delete button if someone goes bezerk on making a bunch of unneeded threads.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:23 pm

I'm sorry that you don't feel welcome, Starz.  It's not anyone's intentions to make anybody feel unwelcome.  This has been here for 2 1/2 years, and posters have been posting here from that time up to last season.  Everyone has always been welcome to post here, and on any thread.  There are some who prefer this format.  It's really not fair to ask them to give up something they have been use to for the last couple of years.  Especially, when it's not causing anyone harm.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:13 am

I too am sorry you feel that way, Starz, but I honestly cannot imagine why you would feel unwelcome.  No one has been anything other than friendly and polite. 

I suppose you could say we are 'separating' ourselves, but it has nothing to do with being elitist or unfriendly.  Many of us either did not go to the ABC Board at all or went infrequently, in large part because we found it just too overwhelming and chaotic.

So for at least a season some of us wish to have our little forum on a back page until we see how things shake out in the other forum.  I doubt anyone from the other forum will come here and start tons of topics unless it is their intent to be obnoxious.  And anyone who does find us is welcome to join us for some friendly and pleasant conversation.  No one has to choose - at least we won't make them.  Many of us will be keeping an eye on the other forum to see how it shakes out.  At some point it would be preferable to merge the two.  But for now no one is being forced to conform to a way of doing things that they find unpalatable.

You can post in either or both or neither - whatever suits you.  You are always welcome.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:50 am

SLA44 - You are correct.  ABC has now confirmed Alexa and Carlos VegaPena as contestants as well as Chaka Khan.  I don't really know anything about the first two except that she was in the Spy Kids movies, I think. I love Chaka Khan as a singer - I hope she's got some moves even though she's now in the 'older lady' category.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Bach98133 Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:44 am

Starz wrote:I respect your choice to do whatever you want - however - I am going to make 2 comments and then never mention anything about this thread again.

1. You are separating yourselves from the rest of the members. That appears to be unfriendly and elitist. Right now, I do not feel welcome here.

2. People will find this thread and create extra threads just like on the other topics defeating your intentions.
I take it as a format preference.  In the DWTS season 21 forum on the front page, people can create new topics like the old ABC board.  Here people can choose to stay in one thread, such as "Week Two" and put all topics related to week two into this one thread.  It might be a personality issue.  Some people love to have many topics in a forum while others find it confusing to have so many topics and prefer to concentrate the conversation in one place.  (I recall there was a group on the old ABC board who always created a special thread every season and kept all their conversations in that thread.)

In the Bachelor in Paradise forum, for instance, we have both: Weekly threads on top for people who like to keep things in one place, and various topics under the weekly threads created by those who love the old ABC board format.  My hope is to keep both types of posters happy, whichever format they choose.
Bach98133
Bach98133
Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:26 am

And we appreciate it, Bach.   Thank you!!  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:42 am

Thank you, Bach!
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:59 pm

I would also like to add my thanks Bach!!  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:03 pm

I copied this from DWTS  ABC Web page - it is the contestants they have announced as of now:

Dancing with the Stars Season 21 Cast Announcement

The celebrity cast of Dancing with the Stars is strapping on their ballroom shoes and getting ready for their first dance on MONDAY SEPT 14 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. This 21st season’s lineup of celebrity dancers is starting to be announced and the final roster of celebrity dancers and their Pro partners will be announced WEDNESDAY SEPT 2 on Good Morning America.

Announced Celebrity Cast Members

NICK CARTER The singer, songwriter and actor sparked his career at the tender age of 12 as the youngest member of the iconic boy band Backstreet Boys, which has sold over 130 million records worldwide and earned five Grammy nominations. Carter was named one of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People in the World," has released two solo albums, and starred with his fiancé in the VH1 reality series, I Heart Nick Carter.

CHAKA KHAN is an international music icon who has influenced multiple generations of artists and continues to do so as an a singer, songwriter, producer, visual artist, author, actor, philanthropist, entrepreneur, activist and mother. A a ten-time GRAMMY® Award winner who has the rare ability to sing in eight music genres, Chaka has released 22 albums and racked up ten #1 Billboard magazine charted songs. Chaka is currently at work on a series of mixed media visual works with a planned gallery exhibition in 2016, as well as a new CD, set for release later in 2015.

VICTOR ESPINOZA After coming close twice, jockey Victor Espinoza earned the famous Triple Crown earlier this year, winning the Kentucky Derby, The Preakness and The Belmont Stakes aboard speedy American Pharoah. It was the first time in 37 years the feat had been accomplished. The first Hispanic jockey to ever win the Triple Crown, Espinoza has won over 3000 races in his career and donates 10% of his weekly winnings to The City of Hope for childhood cancer research.

HAYES GRIER At just 15 years old, Hayes Grier is a rising star in the social media world, with more 3.5 million followers on Vine and more than 2 million Twitter follows. The North Carolina teen shot to fame with his personal videos and is currently on a live tour across the United States.

BINDI IRWIN The 17 year-old Australian wildlife conservationist and actress has continued the legacy of her parents, Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin and Terri Irwin, starring in a series of wildlife shows, including "Bindi: The Jungle Girl," "Bindi's Bootcamp," and "Steve Irwin's Wildlife Warriors." As an actress, Bindi starred in the films Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove and Return to Nim's Island. In 2014, Bindi was awarded the prestigious Australian Geographic Society’s Young Conservationist of the Year, an honor that she dedicated to her late father, Steve Irwin.

ALEXA PENAVEGA Alexa is known worldwide for her role as Carmen Cortez in four blockbuster Spy Kids films, as well as Machette Killsand From Prada to Nada. PenaVega made her Broadway debut in 2007 when she played Penny Pingleton in the Tony Award winning Broadway version of Hairspray. Fans of the ABC hit drama Nashville also know her for her turn as Kiley Brenner. Alexa is married to actor/singer Carolos PenaVega, who will also compete in Season 21 of Dancing with the Stars

CARLOS PENAVEGA Actor/singer Carlos PenaVega shot to fame and cult status after starring on the highly successful Nickelodeon musical comedy Big Time Rush, which also took to the road and toured with the ensemble cast around the globe. Having studied musical theater at the Boston Conservatory, Carlos recently released his first solo single in Spanish, Electrico, which charted in the Top 10 on the Latin iTunes songs charts. Carlos is married to actress Alex PenaVega, who will also compete in Season 21 of Dancing with the Stars.

Hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron (America’s Funniest Home Videos) and Erin Andrews (sports host & Dancing with the Stars Season 10 finalist), Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by two-time Mirrorball champ and actress Julianne Hough, and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note:  Len is no longer listed as a judge - I have not seen anything that is saying who his replacement will be.  I don't know if they are going to replace him this year or just go with visiting judges.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks for that, SLA.  The last I had read Len would be back a couple of times as a guest, and they would have guest judges sometimes.  But it did not sound like it would be a guest judge every single week, although I could have gotten the wrong impression.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:59 pm

You're welcome LM65 - I thought it might helpful because I sure don't know who some of these are they are bringing on as the stars.  Actually I don't know who most of them are.  I just hope they don't bring on another guest judge like that Abby thing they had on in the season with Maks and Meryl.  Boy I thought she was a real piece of work!   Rolling Eyes
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:55 am

I don't think the judges or Tom like Abby.  Hopefully, they won't be making that mistake again.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:29 am

USN wrote:I don't think the judges or Tom like Abby.  Hopefully, they won't be making that mistake again.

Abby Miller is obnoxious.  Did you ever watch her program "Dance Moms" I think it is called.  No kid of mine would be enrolled in any of her classes.  What a b****.

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:42 am

I never did watch her program, not even one episode, Newto.  I read too many things about her on the internet, and didn't want to waste my time.  From what I saw the time she was a guest judge, I knew I made the right decision.  Did you watch her show? 
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:26 am

Maybe once for about 15 minutes; that was enough for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:22 am

I watched a few episodes at the beginning.  She's an egocentric bitch, who heaps on threats and emotional abuse.

If these kids can hold up under it, they are given every opportunity to rise in the world of dance.  She takes them all over the country for competitions and reviews.

I see her star student, Maddie, is in a commercial.  Can't think of which it is because I mostly ffwd.

That being said, I wouldn't subject a child to her brand of teaching.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:37 pm

I wouldn't either, Singly.  Even some of the DWTS pros have criticized her teaching methods.  I sure do agree with your last sentence.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:35 pm

Andy Grammer, the singer who was in Derek/Nastia's subway-themed dance, has been confirmed as a contestant for this season.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:09 pm

Have you guys seen this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In the news
[*]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dancing with the Stars' Peta Murgatroyd Sidelined for Season 21 Due to Injury
People Magazine‎ - 2 hours ago
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:36 pm

I am not a huge fan of Peta's, but I wouldn't wish that kind of injury on anyone, let alone a dancer.  That's a shame.  I had not heard that.  I also did not know that she and Maks had gotten back together.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:24 am

Ok, here it is . . . the moment we've all been waiting for!!  The cast announcement with pros.  I'll say that for me it's a real mixed bag.  So thrilled that we'll see Anna T. back again and also Louis VA.  I have missed them both so much.  But Anna definitely got hosed with her celebrity.  If he makes it more than a week or two, I'll be nothing short of amazed.  Not thrilled to see another "Real Housewife" on the show.  Anyway, here it is:

The celebrity cast of Dancing with the Stars is strapping on their ballroom shoes and getting ready for their first dance on MONDAY SEPT 14 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. This 21st season’s lineup of celebrity dancers and their Pro partners was announced this morning on Good Morning America.

Season 21 Celebrity Cast Members and Pro Pairings

TAMAR BRAXTON is a Grammy-nominated singer, talk show host, and reality television personality. A veteran performer who began singing backup vocals for her older sister Toni at age 12, Tamar Braxton was also a founding member of R&B group The Braxtons with Toni and their siblings Traci, Towanda and Trina. Tamar's third solo album, Calling All Lovers, releases September 11, 2015. Tamar executive produces and stars with her sisters in the WE tv reality hit Braxton Family Values, as well as the spinoff Tamar & Vince, with her music manager husband Vince Herbert. Elsewhere on the TV front, Braxton co-hosts and produces the daytime talk show, The Real. PRO DANCE PARTNER: VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY

GARY BUSEY Gary Busey celebrates his 45th Anniversary in show business during 2015.  Busey rose to fame in Hollywood when he became an Academy Award nominee for Best Actor for his performance in the title role of Buddy Holly in The Buddy Holly Story. His other feature film credits include memorable roles in The Firm, Under Siege, Point Break, and Lethal Weapon. He's also appeared on Celebrity Wife Swap and Celebrity Apprentice, and became the first American to win Celebrity Big Brother U.K. in 2014.  PRO DANCE PARTNER: ANNA TREBUNSKAYA

NICK CARTER The singer, songwriter and actor sparked his career at the tender age of 12 as the youngest member of the iconic boy band Backstreet Boys, which has sold over 130 million records worldwide and earned five Grammy nominations. Carter was named one of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People in the World," has released two solo albums, and starred with his fiancé in the VH1 reality series, I Heart Nick Carter.PRO DANCE PARTNER: SHARNA BURGESS

PAULA DEEN One of the best-known personalities in the world of cooking, Paula Deen is the author of 14 cookbooks that have sold more than 8 million copies. In addition to her many television successes, Paula launched Paula Deen Live! in 2014, a nationwide tour of 90 minute shows featuring Paula making her favorite seasonal dishes. On her digital lifestyle network, the Paula Deen Network, Paula provides viewers with cooking tips, new recipes and step-by-step instruction on how to cook her signature Southern dishes in an unscripted format. PRO DANCE PARTNER: LOUIS VAN AMSTEL

VICTOR ESPINOZA After coming close twice, jockey Victor Espinoza earned the famous Triple Crown earlier this year, winning the Kentucky Derby, The Preakness and The Belmont Stakes aboard speedy American Pharoah. It was the first time in 37 years the feat had been accomplished. The first Hispanic jockey to ever win the Triple Crown, Espinoza has won over 3000 races in his career and donates 10% of his weekly winnings to The City of Hope for childhood cancer research. PRO DANCE PARTNER: KARINA SMIRNOFF

ANDY GRAMMER With his 2011 self-titled debut album, pop singer Andy Grammer became the first male pop star in a decade to reach the Top 10 at Adult Pop Radio on his first two singles, "Keep Your Head Up" and "Fine By Me," certified platinum and gold respectively. Andy's second album, 2014's critically acclaimed Magazines or Novels, continues his disarming success with his huge hit "Honey, I'm Good." PRO DANCE PARTNER: ALLISON HOLKER

HAYES GRIER At just 15 years old, Hayes Grier is a rising star in the social media world, with more 3.5 million followers on Vine and more than 2 million Twitter follows. The North Carolina teen shot to fame with his personal videos and is currently on a live tour across the United States. ndy's second album, 2014's critically acclaimed Magazines or Novels, continues his disarming success with his huge hit "Honey, I'm Good." PRO DANCE PARTNER: EMMA SLATER

BINDI IRWIN The 17 year-old Australian wildlife conservationist and actress has continued the legacy of her parents, Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin and Terri Irwin, starring in a series of wildlife shows, including "Bindi: The Jungle Girl," "Bindi's Bootcamp," and "Steve Irwin's Wildlife Warriors." As an actress, Bindi starred in the films Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove and Return to Nim's Island. In 2014, Bindi was awarded the prestigious Australian Geographic Society’s Young Conservationist of the Year, an honor that she dedicated to her late father, Steve Irwin. PRO DANCE PARTNER: DEREK HOUGH

CHAKA KHAN is an international music icon who has influenced multiple generations of artists and continues to do so as an a singer, songwriter, producer, visual artist, author, actor, philanthropist, entrepreneur, activist and mother. A a ten-time GRAMMY® Award winner who has the rare ability to sing in eight music genres, Chaka has released 22 albums and racked up ten #1 Billboard magazine charted songs. Chaka is currently at work on a series of mixed media visual works with a planned gallery exhibition in 2016, as well as a new CD, set for release later in 2015. PRO DANCE PARTNER: KEO MOTSEPE

ALEXA PENAVEGA Alexa is known worldwide for her role as Carmen Cortez in four blockbuster Spy Kids films, as well as Machette Kills and From Prada to Nada. PenaVega made her Broadway debut in 2007 when she played Penny Pingleton in the Tony Award winning Broadway version of Hairspray. Fans of the ABC hit drama Nashville also know her for her turn as Kiley Brenner. Alexa is married to actor/singer Carlos PenaVega, who will also compete in Season 21 of Dancing with the Stars. PRO DANCE PARTNER: MARK BALLAS

CARLOS PENAVEGA Actor/singer Carlos PenaVega shot to fame and cult status after starring on the highly successful Nickelodeon musical comedy Big Time Rush, which also took to the road and toured with the ensemble cast around the globe. Having studied musical theater at the Boston Conservatory, Carlos recently released his first solo single in Spanish, Electrico, which charted in the Top 10 on the Latin iTunes songs charts. Carlos is married to actress Alex PenaVega, who will also compete in Season 21 of Dancing with the Stars. PRO DANCE PARTNER: WITNEY CARSON

ALEK SKARLATOS Army National Guard Specialist Alek Skarlatos has joined the Dancing with the Stars Season 21 cast! Alek became a worldwide hero in August when he helped avert a massacre aboard a Belgian train. While on vacation after a deployment in Afghanistan, the 22 year-old sprang into action when an armed attacker began shooting on the train. Alek and two of his friends, Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone and student Anthony Sadler, disarmed and subdued the attacker, who was armed with guns and a box cutter. The California native is an avid painter and military history buff. In between National Guard deployments, Alek studies at a local community college and plans to enter the police force. PRO DANCE PARTNER: LINDSAY ARNOLD

KIM ZOLCIAK BIERMANN Known for her blonde wigs, catchy pop songs and her vivacious personality, Kim is also the mother of 6 children. Her socialite status amongst Atlanta's elite snagged her the reality spot on Bravo’s hit show, Real Housewives of Atlanta. Her debut single, "Tardy for the Party," reached the number three spot on iTunes. In 2012, Kim released her second single, "Google Me." In April 2012, Kim's spin off Don’t be Tardy for the Wedding debuted on Bravo. The series revolved around Kim's extravagant wedding to NFL Falcons player Kroy Biermann. The series was a huge hit for Bravo, and is currently on air for its fourth season.  PRO DANCE PARTNER: TONY DOVOLANI

Hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron (America’s Funniest Home Videos) and Erin Andrews (sports host & Dancing with the Stars Season 10 finalist), Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by two-time Mirrorball champ and actress Julianne Hough, and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks for putting this up LM65.  I had no idea who that Kim woman was with the huge blond mop on her head - I thought she probably had to be in one the housewives shows which I do not watch.  One thing I would like to correct though is that Alek Skarlatos is an OREGON National Guardsman not CA - he grew up with his two friends in CA but has been a resident of Oregon for some time now and serves our country through the Oregon National Guard.  Us Oregonians are very proud of him and his two friends.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks LM65 for posting the list.  It's really a bummer to get Louie and Anna back, and then pair them with two celebrities that will probably be the first two to get the boot. HA  I may use all my votes on Gary just to try to keep Anna on longer.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Gary Busey is kind of a wild card.  I expect him to be awful, but he could turn out to be another Tommy Chong too.  That would be nice since we've waited so long to see Anna again.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:48 pm

I hope that's the case, LM65.  Maybe the 15 yr old will be the first to go.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top