WTG SAMANTHA!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WTG SAMANTHA! - Page 2 Empty Re: WTG SAMANTHA!

Post by singlyme Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:58 am

1MW, it's not that I excuse bad behavior in men.  It's more an attitude of "consider the source."  My disappointment in bad behavior is more profound when a woman is at the wheel.  It may be foolish of me to expect my gender to uphold a standard of honor and integrity, but I stubbornly continue to do so.

I understand your position that a woman is entitled to be just as conniving and underhanded as a man.  But I can't bring myself to feel that way.  Now, if we're talking about revenge... I have nothing against seeing a woman dish out what a lying SOB deserves.  Nor do I have a problem with men dishing on a female SOB.  In this case, I believe Samantha has thrown Joe under the bus.  It's her honor and integrity that I question.  Joe has already been exposed and eviscerated.  It's her turn.

PS:  1MW.  I know there have always been women who use others, who step on throats to get to the top or sleep their way there.  I prefer to hang on to the belief that they're in the minority.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:11 am

1MilitaryWifey wrote:P.S.  singlyme, may I add something?  It might appear to be somewhat different in the stance I take in regard to this subject matter vs others.  Most may think that I have had bad relationships OR terrible role male models.  Neither are true.  I have an EXCELLENT & STRONG Father also I find the same traits in my brothers.  I have had GOOD men in my life.  My groom is 100% exceptional! And he is "PURITY" 2!LOL!   He has to be exceptional to be married to me, because I WILL NOT settle for nothing less.  I deserve the b-e-s-t and so do other women.

I, too, have had wonderful role models.  My mother was a stay-at-home who taught me all manner of taking care of children and a home (I was the eldest.)  My father played baseball with me, took me fishing, taught me home repair and carpentry.  I had the best of both worlds - equality of the sexes.  They were partners in every way.

I don't see you as being biased, only fighting for your gender.  Where we disagree is in our thoughts on behavior.  I believe Joe was 100% wrong.  And Samantha was 100% wrong.  I won't excuse her because she's a woman,  I'll never enjoy seeing anyone hurt or used, regardless of who's doing it.  For me, that's what is so annoying about these shows.  They dwell on the worst qualities we have as humans.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:57 am

I wasn't sure if you are saying in general you think men act worse than women.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:26 pm

singlyme wrote:
1MilitaryWifey wrote:P.S.  singlyme, may I add something?  It might appear to be somewhat different in the stance I take in regard to this subject matter vs others.  Most may think that I have had bad relationships OR terrible role male models.  Neither are true.  I have an EXCELLENT & STRONG Father also I find the same traits in my brothers.  I have had GOOD men in my life.  My groom is 100% exceptional! And he is "PURITY" 2!LOL!   He has to be exceptional to be married to me, because I WILL NOT settle for nothing less.  I deserve the b-e-s-t and so do other women.

I, too, have had wonderful role models.  My mother was a stay-at-home who taught me all manner of taking care of children and a home (I was the eldest.)  My father played baseball with me, took me fishing, taught me home repair and carpentry.  I had the best of both worlds - equality of the sexes.  They were partners in every way.

I don't see you as being biased, only fighting for your gender.  Where we disagree is in our thoughts on behavior.  I believe Joe was 100% wrong.  And Samantha was 100% wrong.  I won't excuse her because she's a woman,  I'll never enjoy seeing anyone hurt or used, regardless of who's doing it.  For me, that's what is so annoying about these shows.  They dwell on the worst qualities we have as humans.
Singly, you summed it up nicely with these words. I 100% agree.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top