America's Got Talent

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

America's Got Talent - Page 6 Empty Re: America's Got Talent

Post by Starz Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:38 pm

SLA44 wrote:Yes I'm planning on watching when it comes on in my time zone.
Same zone as me Smile
I go off line when I move to the TV room so I'll comment on it tomorrow.
I hope we enjoy this week more than last week.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:49 am

And did you, Starz?  I liked three or four of them.  I don't like the danger acts, so the motorcycle guys did nothing for me.  I absolutely won't watch, and didn't watch, the guy who tosses his cookies as an act.  The mentalist is someone I'd rather see on the "Penn & Teller: Fool Us" show because I'm pretty sure it's all a magic trick.  I liked people who sang.  The blind guy is an inspiration, but not the best dancer.  The man and woman who seemed to be dancing as Adam and Eve, sort of, are still spectacular dancers.  The comic with the slow delivery is hilarious.  The woman who closed singing whatever-it-was from Les Miz is jaw-dropping.

I guess we'll find out who continues on Wednesday night.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:28 am

Twelve acts and for me, only five were worth watching.  I think Alicia ("You Put a Spell on Me") was great.

I'm not a particular fan of bluegrass, so I wouldn't pay to see Mountain Faith.  I think I'm just a sucker for anything with a banjo.  They're appealing.

The Mentalist had me wondering, "How'd he do that?"

Daniella has the voice of an angel.

And I loved Freelusion.  PS:  That guy has thighs like tree trunks.  Lord, the muscle on him!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:05 am

I was at a business meeting last night and didn't get home until 8:45, so I had to watch off the DVR.  I was trying to get to bed at a reasonable hour, so I was ff'ing through everything except the actual act itself and the judges' comments.  Looks like I somehow managed to ff through 2 of the acts - the family dance group and the motorcycle people.  I deliberately ff'd through the "professional regurgitator."  Cannot watch that.  Just grosses me out.

For the rest, I thought most did pretty well.  I liked both individual singers as well as Selected of God and Faith Mountain Band.  The mentalist was outstanding - I have no idea how they do that.  Freelusion was good, but I didn't think this was their best performance, but the blind kid did give his best, I thought, so I threw a few votes his way.

I was really angry with the judges for buzzing DADitude.  Yes, they were not great, but they didn't stink up the place either.  And the darn judges are the ones who put them through after they failed to be voted in by America.  They weren't great the first times we saw them, so what exactly did the judges expect?  That was just so incredibly rude to me, and the guys looked pretty discouraged.  Very badly done, judges.  They need to take those buzzers away at this point.  Just let the acts perform.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:53 pm

I forgot to mention Selected of God, who are absolutely outstanding.  It's a real pleasure to listen to them.

I agree with you, LadyMustang, that the judges shouldn't use the buzzers at this point.  This is the point at which America votes, not the judges.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:53 pm

By the way, WidderWoman4, I love your sig line.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:51 pm

I was not over whelmed with last night's show and only cared for a few of the acts.  I did like the Mountain Band and did not even watch any of the regurgitating man's act and can't for the life of me understand why the judges think he is so wonderful.   Yuck

I did not think it was right for the judges to buzz the Daditude either and especially to have all four of them do it.  Those buzzes should be disabled at this point and time of the competition IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:06 pm

It's time for the AGT Dunkin' Save.  Your three choices of acts to save are:

Benjamin Yonattan
Daniella Mass
Gary Vider

Log on to Google, type "AGT Dunkin' Save" in the search box, make your choice by clicking on the act you want to save, then click Submit.

I voted to save Daniella Mass.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:48 pm

I voted to save Daniella as well, although I do really like Gary as well.  I'm hoping the judges' will save whichever of these two the voters don't save.

SPOILER ALERT (in case you haven't watched the show yet):  Who the heck is voting for the Professional Regurgitator?  How the h-e-l-l does he make it through on viewer votes while Daniella and Gary need to be 'saved?'  My apologies to anyone here who likes PR, but I just cannot with that guy.  It makes me physically ill to watch him, so I don't.  I leave the room or like last night fast forward through it.  To me he is just plain gross, and there is no way in the world I can imagine people actually spending money to watch him swallow and regurgitate stuff for an hour or two in a show.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Let me tell you, only twenty-four (24) votes separated the top two, out of 150,000 votes.  It was Gary Vider got the Dunkin' Save.

That is a really, really, really razor-thin margin.  Even thinner than your average tissue paper.  Maybe even thinner than phyllo dough.  I mean, was that close or what?

And I hope that Daniella gets saved by the judges.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

America's Got Talent - Page 6 Empty Extremely thin Dunkin' Donuts!

Post by Walker7 Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:02 pm

Daniella is saved!  Good job, judges!  She led during most of the Dunkin' Save.

Doesn't Daniella look like Anna Kendrick?  I think so.

And wow, that Dunkin' Save was so extremely close.  It can't get much closer!  24 votes?  Out of 150,000 votes, that's only 0.016% difference.  I mean, a smidgeon more than one hundredth of a percent!

Last edited by Walker7 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:08 pm

I'm glad that Daniella was saved as well, but this just reinforced for me once again the utter stupidity of the Dunkin Save.  Millions of voters voted last night, and their votes are essentially thrown out regarding the 6th and 7th place acts and replaced by the votes of a mere 150,000 people.  That's probably a single-digit percentage of the people who voted last night.  Dumb dumb dumb.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:35 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:By the way, WidderWoman4, I love your sig line.  Smile

Thanks, LadyMustang!
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:43 pm

So this means the regurgitator  made it through on viewer votes?   Yuck   
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:59 pm

Not this viewer's votes, but yes.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:02 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:Not this viewer's votes, but yes.
That is just unbelievable to me and it rather stinks to high heavens IMO. Hissy fit
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:15 pm

I agree, SLA.  I didn't watch that portion last night because I find the whole thing disgusting.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:23 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:I agree, SLA.  I didn't watch that portion last night because I find the whole thing disgusting.
I didn't watch that portion either.  If this is what they call talent and feel it is worthy of a Million dollar prize and a Las Vegas show I guess either my taste is all in my mouth or that is where their taste begins and ends.   Pull hair
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:23 am

I did not get to watch either night this week. Tuesday night I had web server problems I needed to fix asap. Today I was in Medford Oregon all day and got home close to 10. Oh well. Not the end of the world.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:26 am

And to think you missed the regurgitator man - lucky you but he will be back for the semi-finals.   Mad
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:07 am

Yuck - well I did see him twice already. Yuck
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:22 am

Aside from Mr. Up-Chuck, I thought the right people made it through.  It's long been a pet peeve of mine to see all the throwing up that goes on in tv and movies.  Now, my fears have been given validity.  Vomiting is considered a talent, apparently by real people.

Mark my words, folks.  It won't be long before we see people lighting farts on AGT.  Evidently, a large number of the viewing audience has an appetite for the gross.  Perhaps we'll be treated to an actual "pissing contest?"

Count me out.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:21 am

SLA44 wrote:
WidderWoman4 wrote:I agree, SLA.  I didn't watch that portion last night because I find the whole thing disgusting.
I didn't watch that portion either.  If this is what they call talent and feel it is worthy of a Million dollar prize and a Las Vegas show I guess either my taste is all in my mouth or that is where their taste begins and ends.   Pull hair

I know, right?  I kept thinking to myself - where is Howard and his do you think this is a million dollar act shtick?  I am seriously pissed that some very good acts (self-taught former prison magician comes immediately to mind) were let go while they keep this guy.  Really, show?

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:25 am

I agree, singly.  I've asked myself several times this season - what were they thinking?  I'm not a fan of Ira, but I can at least see where others could be.  But Upchuck guy?  No.  I know he's not actually vomiting - all he ever brings up is whatever he swallowed, and I have no idea how he manipulates things in his stomach (assuming he actually does and isn't at least part magic act), but neither do I care.  The whole idea is just gross.  When they do thinks like put the 'professional hugger' through . . . really?  That's a 'talent?'  At best that's a job  . . . maybe.  I'm not even sure about that.  Or the guy who threw himself on tacks.  Gross.  It makes no sense to me, but maybe they feel they have to somewhat appease the basest level of their audience.  I mean heaven forbid they should ask their audience to class up and appreciate actual talent.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:25 pm

Perhaps it's a new demand for the Carnival Sideshow acts.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum