America's Got Talent

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

America's Got Talent - Page 12 Empty Re: America's Got Talent

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:17 pm

So our three favorites got through, so I'm glad about that.   I think the others that made it through were the right choices.  I'm kind of surprised they didn't start the season sooner with the Olympics coming up.  I didn't realize there would be a 3-week break in the middle.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:14 am

There seemed, to me, to be a lot more talent this week than last.  I'm not a fan of sword-swallowing, juggling and/or knife-throwing.  Those acts do nothing for me but make me ffwd.

Of both weeks, I like the little contortionist, Brian Crum, and the girl who survived cancer.  She not only has a great voice, she has star power.  But I do hope she'll do more than survival songs.

I'm willing to take the break for the Olympic swimming and gymnastics.  Also, water polo.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Was watching gymnastics earlier - those guys are just fearless and amazing!  Swimming is on now.  I also love the equestrian events, but they don't usually show a lot of that.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:51 am

I never saw one listing for men's gymnastics.  Hope I taped it!!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:45 pm

There is an Olympic forum that you may like to join in on instead of using the AGT thread.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:04 pm

AGT is returning tonight.  Get ready!

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:59 am

Good show last night.  I thought everyone did pretty well.  I had to agree with Howie about the little boy dancer - it was very repetitive - but I really hate when the judges buzz an act at this stage of the game.  That just strikes me as unnecessarily mean and rude. 

We loved the juggling duo, the adult magician (I'm having trouble with names after the break ), Edgar Family the best.  There may have been others, but I had a really rough day yesterday and am blanking on everything right now.  :\  We like Julia Scotti in general but didn't think this was her best performance.  Still voted for her though.  I'm a bit over Malevo, too.  Another one that felt repetitive.  We may be in the minority in not caring that much for Grace.  I can't understand most of what she's saying when she's singing, and her melodies aren't all that pleasing to me.  We like Linkin Bridge in general as well, but didn't care that much for that song.  Voted for them as well, though.

Oh yea - Brian Justin Crum!  How could I forget him?  Absolutely loved his rendition of that song, and I love the way he makes the songs his own.  A lot of times I can't get past the original, but I've liked every version he's done.  Honestly, though, I would love to hear him do a more upbeat song next time.  Still gave him the maximum 10 votes.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:11 pm

For this week's Dunkin' Save, the 3 choices of acts are:

1. Linkin' Bridge
2. Malevo
3. Ronee Martin

Click on this link:  AGT Dunkin' Save
Then, click on the act you want to save, then click Submit.

I voted to save Ronee Martin.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 am

For me, the best of the night were Edgar and Brian Justin Crum.  I skimmed through most of the acts.  I like Linkin' Bridge, but not the song they did.  I originally enjoyed Malevo, but I'm over it - would rather watch Riverdance.

It seems Julia Scotti has run out of material.  The routine wasn't so funny this week.  If I hadn't had CC on, I wouldn't have understood one word of Grace's song.

The two I'm really rooting for are Edgar and Brian.  Brian's voice has a nostalgic sound of an Irish tenor but modern music.  I absolutely love him.  And Edgar's lead is a fantastic singer.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:27 am

Brian Justin Crum is my favorite so far.  His singing gives me goosebumps on my arms and tears in my eyes.  That doesn't happen very often.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:26 pm

I love Edgar and Brian Justin Crum as well.  I had hoped Julia would make it through.  Her routine wasn't as good this week, but it still made me laugh in parts, and I wanted her to have another chance.  I also really wanted to see the jugglers go through.  Am sad they didn't make it.

Oh, I like the magician as well - the adult, not the kid.  Did not want to see the kid go through.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:15 pm

singlyme wrote:For me, the best of the night were Edgar and Brian Justin Crum.  I skimmed through most of the acts.  I like Linkin' Bridge, but not the song they did.  I originally enjoyed Malevo, but I'm over it - would rather watch Riverdance.

It seems Julia Scotti has run out of material.  The routine wasn't so funny this week.  If I hadn't had CC on, I wouldn't have understood one word of Grace's song.

The two I'm really rooting for are Edgar and Brian.  Brian's voice has a nostalgic sound of an Irish tenor but modern music.  I absolutely love him.  And Edgar's lead is a fantastic singer.
I agree with you singlyme - I finally got to see the show last night when they did a rerun.  I didn't care for the mother/son dance team but I absolutely love Brian Justin Crum and then my second favorite is Edgar (family band).   I don't understand why Brian was not given the gold buzzer early on - I think he is so much better than some that had gotten it but maybe that is just me being partial to my favorite.  That one song that Brian sang "Creep" gives me goosebumps on my arms and that is something that doesn't happen to me much at all.  

I did have to laugh at Simon and the card in the egg.  For the life of me I have no idea how they do some of those magic tricks but I guess that's why it is called magic.   Giggle
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Tonight is the semifinals.  Two of the acts I am definitely voting for are Laura Bretan and Grace Vanderwaal.  I certainly want them in the finale.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:59 am

I watched the first hour and the only ones I'd want to see again are Edgar.  Laurie Hernandez flopped and Musicality's song was meh.  I'll get to the second half today.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:54 am

Walker7 wrote:Tonight is the semifinals.  Two of the acts I am definitely voting for are Laura Bretan and Grace Vanderwaal.  I certainly want them in the finale.

At one point I would have agreed with you.  Last night I turned the show off just before Laura Bretan sang.  I've been over her since I found out she's already won Romania's Got Talent.  That was in May or something, so she went right from that show to this one.  Between the show's failure to disclose that, her own failure to make any mention of it, and the way they keep giving her the pimp spot at the end, I am now unfortunately actively rooting against her making the finals.  Grace seems sweet, but honestly I can never understand most of what she's singing, and at this point her songs are all starting to sound the same to me.  So I'm meh on her now. 

Laurie Mae Hernandez was off her game last night, and while the judges and Nick seemed to like her last jokes, I didn't.  Especially the one about Nick.  That was ill-advised, especially given that he has recently said in an interview that he is still "broken" from that split.  So it wasn't funny to me - it was just mean. 

I loved both the magicians and voted for them.  I voted for Edgar, but I didn't care that much for the song they did last night.  Not sure why.  I think maybe because it seemed to me that song should have been very personal for them, and I was looking for my emotion and connection to the song but felt like I got vocal gymnastics instead.  Not as bad as some do it, but I thought previous songs have been better.

I did like Musicality and voted for them as well.  Honestly, I liked the song they sang last night, but while I was watching their intro package, I was wishing they'd done the song they were singing in it instead of the one they actually did.  I thought the song in the intro package was sublime. 

Then, of course, there was TAPE FACE!!!!  I still absolutely positively adore him and want him to win.  Simon put it just right, I think.  He can do the silliest things, and they make me laugh.  We were all laughing through the whole routine, and we loved his intro package where he's "answering questions."  Just brilliant.  He is my absolute favorite and would love to see him win it all.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:10 pm

For this week's Dunkin' Save, the 3 choices of acts are:

1. Edgar
2. Laura Bretan
3. Tape Face

Click on this link:  AGT Dunkin' Save
Then, click on the act you want to save, then click Submit.

I voted to save Laura Bretan.

There was less than 1% difference between these three acts.  In the Dunkin' Save, there were less than 200 votes between the top two acts.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:49 am

It didn't take long to skim through the second half.  I'm over Tape Face.  And I agree about Grace.  Can't understand her words.  Also, I've never been a fan of opera - this too, about understanding the language(words).  mustang, I am simply bored by the magicians and danger acts, so I was floored to see the three acts on the fence for Dunkin'.  SO sad to see Edgar go. 

It looks like next week is packed with talent I'll enjoy, so I can't imagine how they're going to thin it out.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 am

I was sad to see Edgar go as well and kind of annoyed with the judges for putting Laura through.  They know she's a previous winner.  They have to know.  So they put through someone who has already won one of these shows instead of a 'new' group looking to get their break.  Bah.

Who the heck is voting for Sal?  I was absolutely floored when he went through.

Glad that TapeFace and Jon D got through.  Also very glad to hear that Passing Zone was the judges' save.

Looking at who's coming up next week, I'm predicting now that we will have a final made up of 6 singers and 4 other acts.  My guess for the singers is the teen who had cancer, the country kid, and Brian Justin Crum.  No clue who the other two will be.  Can't say I'm really happy about that.  But right now I'd say if a singer is going to win, which seems likely, I would want it to be Brian Justin Crum.  I think the show wants Grace or Laura.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:56 pm

I was sad to see Edgar go last night as well and also annoyed with the judges for putting Laura through especially when they had said that Edgar were the most improved on the show.   I also thought that Edgar was better than Grace but evidently the voting public didn't agree with me because she made it through.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:24 pm

I know!  So why did Simon say he thought the one with the most room for improvement was Laura.  That's like saying she's not that good but he thinks she'll get better, so he'll put her through rather than someone who is already good.  Made no sense to me whatsoever.  :\

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:34 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:I know!  So why did Simon say he thought the one with the most room for improvement was Laura.  That's like saying she's not that good but he thinks she'll get better, so he'll put her through rather than someone who is already good.  Made no sense to me whatsoever.  :\
I agree!   Scratch 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:52 pm

Tonight, everyone was at their very best.  This may be the best semifinal that AGT has ever had.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:27 am

All my votes go to Brian Justin Crum.  Very Happy

I would definitely buy his music. I keep hoping they'll release them on iTunes.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:48 am

peebeeb wrote:All my votes go to Brian Justin Crum.  Very Happy

He's my favorite as well.  What a voice!!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:10 am

SLA44 wrote:
peebeeb wrote:All my votes go to Brian Justin Crum.  Very Happy

He's my favorite as well.  What a voice!!
I love his voice and I love how he makes the songs his own. That was one of my favorite things about David Cook on Idol.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum