America's Got Talent

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

America's Got Talent - Page 11 Empty Re: America's Got Talent

Post by singlyme Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:02 am

I'd forgotten the dog, mustang, and I agree with what you say about the joy.  I'm sure she was getting treats, but appeared to be doing her tricks for love of her master.

I'll be curious to see what you think of the last guy who sings Queen. 

PS and off-topic:  Did you see Mike Phelps butterfly his way to his 5th Olympics?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:42 pm

I tried to log in last week to post my thoughts on the second half of the show after I'd seen it, but I got a virus warning.  It's gone now, so may have just been a glitch. 

I thought the guy who sang Queen was amazing.  That was a beautiful, heartfelt rendition of that song.  If they hadn't wasted some of their golden buzzer choices, he should have gotten one.  But it's not surprising that he's so good.  Apparently he's sung on Broadway.  I liked the YMCA guy, too.  He may be a one-trick pony, but I'd like to see what else he can do.

Last night I really liked The Outlawz dance crew, the jugglers, Moya who sang Celine Dion, RL Bell, the Disney comic, and the Rubik's Cube magician.  They were all great.  The Russian dance duo were good, but I wasn't blown away by them.  Same with the roller skaters - I've seen that before, and there's usually only so much you can do in an act like that. 

And yes, I saw Michael Phelps.  Good for him!

Almost forgot - I thought the baton twirler was really good as well.  Looking forward to seeing what else he can do.

Last edited by LadyMustang65 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional thought)

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:49 am

The Indian was good because it was so unexpected.  As with many of the acts, being unique is what grabs us.  But most of these I'd watch only once and certainly wouldn't pay to see them.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:05 pm

True.  But I am interested to see what some of them can go for an encore.  Can they switch it up enough to be interesting repeatedly?

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:23 pm

How about that 90 year young lady??? I give her a lot of credit & nerve! LOL!
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:58 am

She was cute.  Smile  I have mixed feelings about an act like that - she's clearly not going to win it, but good for her for getting up there.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:57 pm

I finally got to hear that guy sign Frank Sinatra's 'My Way' and I thought he was very good.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:37 pm

Hey all.  I'm back!!  I had a partial knee replacement on the 11th, so I was in the hospital trying to watch 2 weeks ago and home last week recuperating.  First day back at work and first day in a while that this site has let me get in.  Anyone else having trouble?  It'll start to load but then freeze up, so I can't get past the front page.  But it's working fine today.

I don't remember much about the past 4 shows except:

Yay- TapeFace made it!!!!  Smile  Still love him.

Vello?  Seriously?  smh

I would not have put through the mom/son dance team - it was basically a repeat of the first performance with the same moves by the kid - or the guy who ate the chainsaw.  Nope nope nope.

Also, glad to see that Viktor Kee made it through as well as Brian Justin Crum.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:39 pm

TapeFace is really funny and I'm glad he made it through as well.

There's too many for me to remember now and discuss but I was really glad to see Brian (the singer that had been bullied) make it through.  He can really sing and there's just something about him that makes me want to give him a hug.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Agreed, SLA.  Smile  I'm really hoping to see TapeFace take it all.  He's just so delightfully goofy while also being genuinely funny and original as well.  But I have a feeling they're hoping for a singer to win.  From what I've heard, of the final 36 acts, 11 of them are singers.  That's a lot.

But speaking of singers, I was glad that Musicality made it through.  I don't think they'll win, but I was happy to see them move ahead.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:56 pm

The live shows start tonight. It will also be the first time that we vote this season.  The Dunkin' Save is back, as well.

I am also thinking of a Season 10 redemption season, which I'll tell you about sometime.

Tonight, I'm voting for Jayna Brown, Lori Mae Hernandez, and Laura Bretan.  I may vote for more acts.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:31 am

My fave is Tape Face.  He cracks me up.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:24 am

Jayna Brown took the night for me.  I was disappointed for Musicality as I felt the song didn't show them off like the one from the previous week.  The rest of the performers were meh.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:59 am

I loved Jayna, Musicality, Tape Face and Jon Berenbo (don't think I got that right--the football player/magician).  I thought they were all terrific.  TapeFace is still my absolute favorite.  I just adore his weirdness.  < lol >  Laura was really good as well, but the song was a bit uneven.  That's also one song that I think an American singer should sing in English.  I don't know quite was it was, but it felt a bit uneven.  Still voted for her though.  Lori Mae was decent.  I voted for her, but I think her material is starting to fade a bit. 

The rest were meh.  It was a terrible song choice for Daniel - he doesn't have the voice for it.  I think he's trying to be the next Michael Buble, and he may get there, but it wasn't good.  Hara was off - I found this one to be a bit boring.  Deadly Games is the same stuff over and over again.  I didn't get the point of having her direct him to throw the last axe straight at her so she had to duck - I was expecting it to go over her head maybe.  They're a good-looking couple with great showmanship, but it's just feels repetitive.  Outlawz were off.  I understood what Mel was getting at- their energy level seemed low last night, and the whole thing was a bit 'careful' for me.  Don't know why they kept ragging her about it.  The 90-year-old is sweet, but she's had her bit of fame.  I thought the dancers in the box were a bit boring as well.  It looks like I've mentioned 11 out of the 12 acts, but I cannot for the life of me think of who the 12th act was, so that's clearly not a good thing for them.  ;0

Really hoping that Jayna, Musicality, TapeFace and Jon B go through tonight.  They are the ones I'm most invested in right now.  Laura as well - I'd like to see her get another chance.  I'm not sure Mel did her any favors by putting her straight through - she seemed kind of nervous and might have been better served by getting another chance to perform before the live rounds?

Still, for me, TapeFace for the win!!  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:09 pm

It's time for this season's first AGT Dunkin' Save.  The 3 choices of acts are:

1. Deadly Games
2. HARA
3. Lori Mae Hernandez

To cast your vote, log on to Google, type "AGT Dunkin' Save" in the search box, click on the act you want to save, then click Submit.

I voted to save Deadly Games.  They deserve to go through the most.

I'm glad that Jayna and Laura made it through.  We certainly need Laura in the finale!

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:22 am

Which one is Laura?  The opera singer?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:26 am

Yes, singly.  Laura is the opera singer.  I have to admit that I have been completely soured on her since I found out last night that she is the current (as in late May or so) winner of Romania's Got Talent.  She had to have gone from one show to the next.  That's a pet peeve of mine - once they have won one of these competitions, that should be it.  I don't like to see acts going from one show to the next to the next.  That just strikes me as "greedy."  If winning Romania's Got Talent wasn't good enough for her, she should not have bothered to audition for it in the first place.  And it annoys me that the show is basically hiding the fact that she's a previous winner and pretending like she's some young child being thrust into the limelight or something when she's clearly been down this road before and knows better than most what it entails.  I'm hoping the fact that she's a previous winner becomes known, and people stop voting for her.  Sad

On the other hand . . . TapeFace!!!  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Yes I was glad that TapeFace got through.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:36 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:Yes, singly.  Laura is the opera singer.  I have to admit that I have been completely soured on her since I found out last night that she is the current (as in late May or so) winner of Romania's Got Talent.  She had to have gone from one show to the next.  That's a pet peeve of mine - once they have won one of these competitions, that should be it.  I don't like to see acts going from one show to the next to the next.  That just strikes me as "greedy."  If winning Romania's Got Talent wasn't good enough for her, she should not have bothered to audition for it in the first place.  And it annoys me that the show is basically hiding the fact that she's a previous winner and pretending like she's some young child being thrust into the limelight or something when she's clearly been down this road before and knows better than most what it entails.  I'm hoping the fact that she's a previous winner becomes known, and people stop voting for her.  Sad

On the other hand . . . TapeFace!!!  Smile
There was a contestant on SYTYCD a few years ago that had already went on an international version and won.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:12 pm

I remember that, Walker7.  I was annoyed that he was on there as well.  And if memory serves, that show didn't acknowledge that he'd won another version of the show either.  We know there's no shortage of talented people - I don't understand why these shows allow people to cycle through them, especially if they've already won once.

Guess it's just me, but I had assumed (and yes I remember now what happens when you assume < lol > ) that AGT was only open to legal residents of the country.  Not that you could come in on a visa or something from another country and try out.  How is that *America's* (or any other country for that matter) Got Talent?  Just call it "The World's Got Talent - American edition."

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:06 am

I'm of the same opinion, mustang.  Either make it Americans or change the name of the show.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:59 am

I love TapeFace, Brian Justin Crum and Jon the magician guy.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Yeah, they're all good.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:26 am

I couldn't watch the danger act, so I don't know what happened, but I'm glad I don't.  We really liked Calysta, Vicktor Kee and Stephen Brundage.  The others were good but not great.  I felt bad for Throwings, but I had to agree with Simon.  We've seen it all before.  I did not like the addition of the strobes, either.  It made it hard to see what she was doing.  The quick-change artists are always fun to watch, but again it was just more of the same.  I know there's not much more they can do, and that's always a problem with an act like that.  The clairvoyants were good, too, but I get kind of bored with them, even though it's a great 'trick' they're doing.  We didn't think the dance act was that good.  The two other girl singers were good but didn't wow us.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:10 pm

For this week's Dunkin' Save, the choices of acts are:

1.  Kadie Lynn
2.  Sal Valentinetti
3.  ThroWings

I voted for Kadie Lynn.

AGT will return on August 23.

Walker7