Season 26 - Athletes

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 26 - Athletes - Page 6 Empty Re: Season 26 - Athletes

Post by suebob16 Tue May 08, 2018 8:46 pm

It's starting to get complicated.  I gave some votes to Chris last night.  He and Witney looked really nice last night in their VW.  I think viewers are starting to notice him too.  He could be a dark horse.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Tue May 08, 2018 10:33 pm

peebeeb wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:
 Or will Carrie Ann still ding people for doing stuff like that whenever she needs an excuse to mark someone down? 

This...

.... yeah ... pretty much.We know this routine CAI 101 and we have a PHD  .... Giggle
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed May 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Honestly, the whole show didn't look like week two; especially considering the grueling schedule of these athletes.
Sharna has a tendency to go for big productions in the Paso. A more puristic approach would have made it easier for Josh to focus.
Jennie looked hot in those tight pants, but they also revealed she could have straightened her legs a bit more.
Kareem cannot really be compared to the others, but like Patti Labelle he has this aura of a living legend. Lindsay is a genius. It's easier with a partner like Jordan, but what she did for this guy is simply adorable.
Chris reminds me a bit of Frankie Muniz. Eager to get it right, yet a bit stiff at times. CA was too generous here.
Tonya is living her dream, and surprisingly people seem willing to share it with her. Sasha obviously needs a challenge to bring his a-game.
Mirai had the Disney wind beneath her wings, which she wouldn't have needed imo. Just the package was embarrassing. Sobbing just because she got a seven in week one- really?
Arike's Foxtrot looked a bit under-rehearsed, and it was Gleb who did most of the dancing.
While my heart says Sharna is overdue for a win, I have to admit Jenna is a revelation.  That little touch of Argentine Tango in the Quickstep, the ease, the sync, the chemistry...
She and Adam are the ones to beat. It's like watching Jordan and Lindsay.

It's interesting you all thought team football was better. I dare to disagree. Given that the job was so much easier for them, they didn't make much out of their advantage. The whole thing was quite a mess, not really synchronized in places. I thought the tennis number was more creative, well constructed, and definitely harder to execute with such diverse people. For me, the scores were based on potential rather than performance.
So this was the halfway point. Next Monday it's semi final- on week three. What a crazy season.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed May 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Oh yeah.  I loved the mood and the dance Sharna and Josh performed.  I love Paso Doble, tango and flamenco dances.  I have to look at Jenna's again.  I do remember what they were wearing though.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed May 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Perhaps you have never watched Jenna on SYTYCD bro but the girl can choreograph like a dream. She is very creative and and inventive.

Happily SYTYCD Season 15 begins June 4. So I can get my dance fix throughout the summer. Good for the pros too as there is so much crossover action between SYTYCD and DWTS.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed May 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Rashad should be on every week.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed May 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Rashad was ok, but his comments remained very general.
Let's see what Grandpa Ross brings to the table next week.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed May 09, 2018 4:28 pm

It was more his manner I liked.  I guess you have to be a female to appreciate Rashad more.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed May 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Lesallee wrote:Perhaps you have never watched Jenna on SYTYCD bro but the girl can choreograph like a dream. She is very creative and and inventive.

Happily SYTYCD Season 15 begins June 4. So I can get my dance fix throughout the summer. Good for the pros too as there is so much crossover action between SYTYCD and DWTS.
No,I've never watched SYTYCD. I did notice though how naturally Jenna took command in the team rehearsal. There is something about these Utah girls.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed May 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Rashad should be on every week.

I agree.  How about if he replaces Carrie-Ann?  I think she's the worst DWTS judge ever (even worse than Len)!

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Season 26 - Athletes - Page 6 Empty TRIPLE Elimination?!?!?!

Post by Walker7 Wed May 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Hey guys!

Anyone notice how there was no blowback in scores for
1) many breaks in hold for the Quick Dances, and
2) a very obvious lift during a waltz???
Do you think they will be consistent in NOT dinging those sins this season?  Or will Carrie Ann still ding people for doing stuff like that whenever she needs an excuse to mark someone down?

I mean, she didn't even mention them!  Like they didn't happen!
Drives me nuts.   Crying

Otherwise, I thought the night was entertaining,  This season is fast moving.  Not much filler. 
But damn.  There are four very good dancers and only three places for them in the Finals? 

That sucks.  

The upcoming triple elimination really sucks, even with a short season.  I think this is the most awful thing DWTS has done regarding elimination, worse than that double elimination last season.

And Carrie-Ann annoys me to no end.  I've hated her as a DWTS judge for many many years.

Last edited by Walker7 on Wed May 09, 2018 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Season 26 - Athletes - Page 6 Empty Jenna, Jenna, and more Jenna -- The Ultimate Cheesecake

Post by Walker7 Wed May 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Lesallee wrote:Perhaps you have never watched Jenna on SYTYCD bro but the girl can choreograph like a dream. She is very creative and and inventive.

I have enjoyed Jenna this season.  She deserves to be on every DWTS season from this point forward.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed May 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Walker7 wrote:

I agree.  How about if he replaces Carrie-Ann?  I think she's the worst DWTS judge ever (even worse than Len)!
She knows her stuff, but she tends to be biased and gets picky on people threatening her personal favorite.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed May 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Walker7 wrote:

Yeah, sometimes Carrie Ann bothers me, but probably not as much as she bothers you.  Lol.  She gets a little overemotional at times.  I just think Rashad has such charisma and Jenna is great.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed May 09, 2018 7:50 pm

I also am looking forward to SYTYCD and hope that they stick to their tried and true regular type season. 

Also looking forward to Gramps next week. Such a likable guy.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed May 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Brother, take a look at Jenna and KiKi on SYTYCD ON YT. KiKi was her partner last season. I thought they were wonderful.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 am

Unfortunately Adam felt the need to shoot off his mouth and put Tonya down. It seems an incident (admittedly a nasty one) that happened 24 years ago should never be forgiven. At least in Adam’s mind. 

Consequently my support and votes shift to Mirai/Alan, Josh/Sharna, Tonya/Sasha. I love Jenna but.......
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri May 11, 2018 12:38 pm

I had mixed emotions about Tonya myself, but the difference is I'm not competing against her, and I have changed my mind meanwhile. What was Adam thinking? I wonder how Jenna will feel if he blew their chances of winning. Maybe Kareem should give him a lesson in sportsmanship.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Fri May 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Week 3 Dance Styles and Music

Individual Dances

Adam & Jenna: Contemporary to "O" by Coldplay

Chris & Witney: Foxtrot to "I Got Rhythm" by Ray Chew Live

Jennie & Keo: Viennese Waltz to "The Rest of Our Life" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

Josh & Sharna: Contemporary to "Stand by Me" by Bootstraps

Mirai & Alan: Quickstep to "Bo$$" by Ray Chew Live

Tonya & Sasha: Rumba to "See You Again" by Tyler Ward

Ballroom Battle Dance-Offs

Adam & Jenna vs. Mirai & Alan: Jive to "Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry

Chris & Witney vs. Josh & Sharna: Salsa to "WTF (Where They From)" by Missy Elliott featuring Pharrell Williams

Tonya & Sasha vs. Jennie & Keo: Cha-cha-cha to "Dance" by DNCE
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Fri May 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Sad that Adam had to go there.Shows a bit of his personality though I guess.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Sat May 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Anyone but Adam for the win!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 pm

About this whole Adam vs. Tonya, the only "bad" thing he said about her was that she was banned from skating for a reason, it wasn't taken away from her.  He's admitted he has conflicting feelings about her, I mean, how are you supposed to feel when someone is nice to you but you know that person did something that put your sport in a bad light?  He's said some nice things about her having her moment and enjoying it.  

Sasha tweeted about it but not before liking comments that call Adam out.  I get you want to support your partner but acting passive-agressive about it rubs me the wrong way.  This isn't the first time Sasha has liked negative comments about cast members.  Val has also gotten involved again but unlike Sasha, he has since deleted his tweets.  It's just such a mess.  Mad
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun May 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Exactly, MC. It’s such a mess. And so easily avoided if Adam had kept his lip buttoned. Tonya did a bad thing, she was punished. It was 24 years ago so Adam’s unforgiving attitude disappointed me terribly. My feelings toward him have changed. Of course the show is making a big thing about Tonya’s past, it’s what they do, time and again.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun May 13, 2018 11:34 pm

What exactly did she do because I don't think they showed that in the movie?  Did she obstruct justice?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 am

Her ex-husband hit Nancy Kerrigan's knees with (a pipe or something similar) so that she couldn't win. Tonya was supposedly in on the plan.  She was banned from sports for life. Can't remember anymore. I've always followed ice skating as my daughter was an ice skater. Still do even though she is out of skating now. My friends daughter became an ice skating teacher.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top