Season 17 - Finale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 17 - Finale Empty Season 17 - Finale

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Overall, I enjoyed the finale a lot.  I thought all of the freestyles were terrific, but honestly Bill's for me was the most fun.  Not the most technical, but certainly the most fun.  Jack did better than I thought, but we've seen the "through the season" things done before.  I loved Corbin's - that was incredible and imho should have been the encore, and he should have been the winner.  I liked Amber's freestyle, but I didn't think it was as great as the judges did.  But I felt the same way last year - I much preferred Zendaya's freestyle to Kellie's.

I can't really complain about Amber winning - she was good and I liked her, although she was kept alive I think by some pretty kind scoring by the judges when she was having so much trouble.  If it had been anyone else with those knee problems that had them mostly standing, the judges would have been sympathetic but said they needed to judge on what they'd seen.  It seemed like with Amber they were judging sometimes on what they thought she would have done.  But my biggest issue is just that it's another trophy for Derek.  I know he's a terrific choreographer, but he consistently gets people I think the judges expect to be pretty good or at least pretty popular.  This is now his 5th win, and twice he's won back-to-back.  I don't think anyone else has won more than twice.  I suppose overall that 5 wins out of 17 aren't outrageous, but he got his first win in season 7, got his second in season 10, and has won 4 out of the last 8 seasons.  So half of them in recent years.  It's getting a bit old, and it seems like the only really exciting seasons are the ones where he doesn't win, and we're all amazed and happy that someone else got a chance. 

Oh well.  March is the next season.  Maybe we'll get lucky and Derek will actually leave!  Smile

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 17 - Finale Empty Re: Season 17 - Finale

Post by BlueMoon Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Well, I enjoyed the show on Monday night, but I missed the finale.(:  I can't believe it.(:  I was all set to watch it, and I had about an hour to kill where there was nothing on TV I wanted to watch, and I forgot to turn the TV back on.(:  I am going to watch it when it shows up on my cable.  I am surprised it's not there yet - just the Monday show.

Regarding the Monday show:  Bill's dance was a lot of fun.  I liked all the other dances, too.  I have an issue with another trophy for Derek, too.  I think Karina has only won one.  I don't know how many Cheryl has won, but it would certainly be nice for someone other than Derek to win the mirror ball.  It's got to be pretty disappointing for the other pros.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, too!Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:58 am

I thought the finale was rather anti-climactic.  No excitement for me.  I was hoping Bill's fans would vote for Jack.  Who knows?  They might have.  I really don't believe all this is on the up and up.

I thought Karina and Cheryl were pretty spectacular this season.  I think I'm getting a tad bored with the show in general.  May or may not watch next season.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:29 pm

singlyme wrote:I thought the finale was rather anti-climactic.  No excitement for me.  I was hoping Bill's fans would vote for Jack.  Who knows?  They might have.  I really don't believe all this is on the up and up.

I thought Karina and Cheryl were pretty spectacular this season.  I think I'm getting a tad bored with the show in general.  May or may not watch next season.
The finale was a little dull, now that you mention it.  I couldn't believe all those fans were right outside the door, either.  I thought Karina and Cheryl did really well this season, too, and I wish one of them had won.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top