The Bachelor, 2018

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor, 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelor, 2018

Post by peebeeb Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:16 am

skt8word wrote:
peebeeb wrote:Not really a fan of his.
I'm not a fan of his either (MF); I don't like him at all.
Lol, not a fan of MF either, but I was talking about Arie.  Very Happy
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:03 pm

I think it will be an interesting season with Arie. It was so long ago that he was on Emily's season that I don't remember a whole lot but I do remember that I liked him ok. It was after her season and when he started hanging around one F Jef that you started hearing stories about him being a bit of a womanizer. Then again so was Jef so he doesn't have any room to talk. What baffles me is that all the flack that Peter caught for not wanting to jump the gun and propose so soon but yet they chose Arie whom at his age has still not gotten married. And now reports are that he broke up with his girlfriend to do this. It's pretty clear that the producers don't care if the couple breaks up shortly after the season ends as long as they get a half-hearted proposal at the end of the season. What a sham.

Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:14 pm

How do we know he broke up with his girlfriend to do this?  Maybe it was just a coincidence. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:47 am

http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-arie-luyendyk-jrs-ex-girlfriend-says-she-was-blindsided-bachelor-casting-their-breakup

That whole article is weird.  Maybe it was a coincidence and maybe it wasn't...  I still get a playboy vibe from him.  He is a good looking, well established man - if he really wanted to be a family man, he sure as hell could have.
The whole thing about him banging 18 yr old sorority girls, just tells me he is not ready for long term commitment. Which is fine and dandy, but I hope he doesn't go on this show pretending like he is done sowing his oats.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:34 am

I just feel you can't believe everything you get on the internet.  You have to go to reliable sources.  They can say anything about anyone and skew it.  Imagine if it were you being talked about on the internet and they could say anything and you don't have any control over it and you wouldn't want people necessarily believing it, but that's what happens when you're famous.  It's too easy for people to believe what they want.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 pm

I agree with you Glitters. Not only is it too easy for people to believe gossip garbage about famous people without knowing any actual facts but in many cases they are eager to believe the trash talk. For instance, the tacky tabloids are already smearing Vanessa Lachey on DWTS and lots of people are happily eating it right up. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:14 pm

I agree with you, but I wonder if it has something to do with Vanessa.  I've always found her unlikable and I wonder if other people feel the same way.  She just rubs me the wrong way.  I don't know if that will change when I see her on the show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:28 pm

I agree that there have been times that the tabloids stories have been exaggerated HOWEVER there have been many times as well that the stories have been spot on.

In the ex-girlfriends case I think what she is saying could be true. It wouldn't be the first time that someone broke up with their significant other to go on this show. In some cases they never broke up with that person and went on anyway. The ex says she still doesn't have any idea why he broke it off with her. The timeline alone seems suspicious. I think she said it was only about a month that he broke it off before she was blindsided with the announcement that he was going to be the Bachelor. That would make sense that it was probably around that time that he was considering doing the gig. I also saw a story yesterday that Courtney was still fooling around with him up until the last minute so that's means he would have had to been cheating on the ex, Sydney. Even Courtney is saying that she thought her and Arie may have ultimately ended up together. He just seems like to one much of a player to seriously get engaged on this show but it will still be an interesting season. Just think if anyone takes his engagement seriously that they will be seriously disappointed along with being stupid. Don't be surprised if bad girl Courtney ends up showing up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:38 pm

Yes, but we aren't getting Arie's side of the story.  How do we know his ex is being honest or Courtney is or whoever is writing the story about Courtney is being honest?  I'm not saying it's not true or couldn't be true, but I don't think we know these people well enough to make a judgment.  I would think someone wouldn't want to invest so much time on the show if they weren't serious, but maybe I'm wrong.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:41 pm

I would LOVE to see Courtney show up on the show, but didn't she burn bridges with the franchise with her book?  I remember some bad blood there for a while.  None the less, it would be fun as a viewer.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:35 pm

The article indicates the ex, Stempfley, applied to be on the show.   And it says she had no idea Arie would be the next Bachelor.  I am skeptical about that claim.  I don't know, perhaps part of what she said is coming from the viewpoint of a scorned woman.   Anyway, so they both wanted to be on the show...  I was sure that there would be a lot of negative talk about Arie before the end of the season, not necessarily so much right now.  Maybe some of it by myself even.  But I personally don't watch the show for the so-called romantic ending of the season.  Sorry, but most of them break up soon afterwards anyway.  I think it will still be interesting season to watch.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:42 pm

They could do a lot worse than Arie.  At least I don't think he will be dull. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:00 pm

I agree with skt8word, I watch the show for entertainment. Being bored prompts me to turn it off. Arie should prove very entertaining so I'm all in favour of him.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:55 pm

skt8word wrote:The article indicates the ex, Stempfley, applied to be on the show.   And it says she had no idea Arie would be the next Bachelor.  I am skeptical about that claim.  I don't know, perhaps part of what she said is coming from the viewpoint of a scorned woman.   Anyway, so they both wanted to be on the show...  I was sure that there would be a lot of negative talk about Arie before the end of the season, not necessarily so much right now.  Maybe some of it by myself even.  But I personally don't watch the show for the so-called romantic ending of the season.  Sorry, but most of them break up soon afterwards anyway.  I think it will still be interesting season to watch.
I didn't read the article, but why is she making a big deal of him allegedly breaking up with her to go on the show? She would have had to do the same thing to him, if she would have been chosen for the show. She sounds like she is looking for her 15 mins.
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:10 pm

shayvo wrote:
skt8word wrote:The article indicates the ex, Stempfley, applied to be on the show.   And it says she had no idea Arie would be the next Bachelor.  I am skeptical about that claim.  I don't know, perhaps part of what she said is coming from the viewpoint of a scorned woman.   Anyway, so they both wanted to be on the show...  I was sure that there would be a lot of negative talk about Arie before the end of the season, not necessarily so much right now.  Maybe some of it by myself even.  But I personally don't watch the show for the so-called romantic ending of the season.  Sorry, but most of them break up soon afterwards anyway.  I think it will still be interesting season to watch.
I didn't read the article, but why is she making a big deal of him allegedly breaking up with her to go on the show? She would have had to do the same thing to him, if she would have been chosen for the show. She sounds like she is looking for her 15 mins.
Right.  Precisely what I was thinking.  Who is she to say all that Rolling Eyes
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:24 pm

The article said she applied for the show because her friends encouraged her to...she didn't apply BEFORE they broke up. All I know is that it is a pretty well known fact that Arie is very much a ladies man and that in itself is suspicious to me. I've known too many men like that over the years and I don't trust them at all. So, you have the ex girlfriend giving her story and you have Courtney Robertson giving her's...what you don't have is Arie denying any of it. Just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Hey, even Warren Beatty eventfully got married.  Lol!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:45 pm

So, I read the article. He never told her he loved her and told her after a year of dating, he felt like his feelings for her should be stronger. If a man hasn't told you he loves you after a year of dating, then he is just not that into you.  This girl is all over the place in this interview. She contradicts herself constantly. She says that she applied for the show after they broke up, and then says she applied only a week or two ago, which would mean she knew Ari was going to be the Bachelor when she applied, because it was announced almost 2 weeks ago.  She is very vague as to when she applied. You would remember when you signed up, if it only happened a week or two before you gave the interview. She says he broke up with her two days before the announcement, which was on Sept 7. So when she says they were broken up when she applied, and the article she gave was posted on Sept 12, she couldn't have applied two weeks ago. It had to be after the announcement was made on Sept 7, which means she knew. If she is telling the truth, and she actually did apply, she had to have known that Arie was the Bachelor.  Nothing date wise, makes sense in what she is saying. I think she is full of it.

So much wrong with what she says and so many contradictions.  She is looking fro her 15 mins and a little cash for this interview.  

Ari obviously has a thing for blondes....and the young ones.  Rose

Last edited by shayvo on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:45 pm

And here I was thinking that I hope the girls are age appropriate, which would be within about 5 years. I guess I was really off the mark if her likes babies.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:25 pm

shayvo wrote:So, I read the article. He never told her he loved her and told her after a year of dating, he felt like his feelings for her should be stronger. If a man hasn't told you he loves you after a year of dating, then he is just not that into you.  This girl is all over the place in this interview. She contradicts herself constantly. She says that she applied for the show after they broke up, and then says she applied only a week or two ago, which would mean she knew Ari was going to be the Bachelor when she applied, because it was announced almost 2 weeks ago.  She is very vague as to when she applied. You would remember when you signed up, if it only happened a week or two before you gave the interview. She says he broke up with her two days before the announcement, which was on Sept 7. So when she says they were broken up when she applied, and the article she gave was posted on Sept 12, she couldn't have applied two weeks ago. It had to be after the announcement was made on Sept 7, which means she knew. If she is telling the truth, and she actually did apply, she had to have known that Arie was the Bachelor.  Nothing date wise, makes sense in what she is saying. I think she is full of it.

So much wrong with what she says and so many contradictions.  She is looking fro her 15 mins and a little cash for this interview.  

Just a clarification...this article didn't say that she said he broke up with her two days before the announcement. It says a source previously said that but she corrected that statement. She said they broke up a month before the announcement.

He may have never said that he loved her same as she never told him that either, but that doesn't mean he was never really into her. Most people don't date for a year if there is nothing there at all. They met each others families and he invited her to family functions as well as family holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. You don't usually do those things unless there is some sort of relationship there. They introduced each other to their friends as boyfriend and girlfriend. All I'm saying is that this doesn't sound like he was not into her. She said he lived with her for a few months. She says that she assumed the relationship was monogamous, at least for her it was. He apparently never told her it wasn't as in saying to her that he wanted to still date other people. All I'm saying is that there was a certain expectation there and according to her he apparently gave her no reason to believe that he wasn't happy with her or that he was wanting to be the next Bachelor. 

I kind of don't blame her for wanting to tell her side of the story, especially if her family and friends are as stumped as she was that he dumped her so suddenly and within weeks became the next Bachelor. At least she was kind in telling her side of it. Most people probably wouldn't have been so nice. She also isn't the first person to have told their side of the story about a Bachelor/ette. This happens pretty much every season. They all make a few bucks telling their stories and I can't blame them for wanting to do that, or for 15 minutes of fame. Isn't that what Arie is doing same as the other leads and contestants before him? Yes, he gets press from time to time with his racing but not like when he was on the Bachelorette. He is wanting to add to his "15 minutes" because I really doubt with his reputation that he is really wanting to get a wife out of this. Yes, it will be an interesting season but it is pure entertainment and nothing else.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:53 pm

That's the reason I didn't want Peter to be the next bachelor. Looks like the same thing with Arie. If you don't want to commit then you have no business being on this show. I know that most couples don't last, but at least they try.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:43 pm

rkc1960 wrote:
shayvo wrote:So, I read the article. He never told her he loved her and told her after a year of dating, he felt like his feelings for her should be stronger. If a man hasn't told you he loves you after a year of dating, then he is just not that into you.  This girl is all over the place in this interview. She contradicts herself constantly. She says that she applied for the show after they broke up, and then says she applied only a week or two ago, which would mean she knew Ari was going to be the Bachelor when she applied, because it was announced almost 2 weeks ago.  She is very vague as to when she applied. You would remember when you signed up, if it only happened a week or two before you gave the interview. She says he broke up with her two days before the announcement, which was on Sept 7. So when she says they were broken up when she applied, and the article she gave was posted on Sept 12, she couldn't have applied two weeks ago. It had to be after the announcement was made on Sept 7, which means she knew. If she is telling the truth, and she actually did apply, she had to have known that Arie was the Bachelor.  Nothing date wise, makes sense in what she is saying. I think she is full of it.

Just a clarification...this article didn't say that she said he broke up with her two days before the announcement. It says a source previously said that but she corrected that statement. She said they broke up a month before the announcement.

He may have never said that he loved her same as she never told him that either, but that doesn't mean he was never really into her. Most people don't date for a year if there is nothing there at all. They met each others families and he invited her to family functions as well as family holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. You don't usually do those things unless there is some sort of relationship there. They introduced each other to their friends as boyfriend and girlfriend. All I'm saying is that this doesn't sound like he was not into her. She said he lived with her for a few months. She says that she assumed the relationship was monogamous, at least for her it was. He apparently never told her it wasn't as in saying to her that he wanted to still date other people. All I'm saying is that there was a certain expectation there and according to her he apparently gave her no reason to believe that he wasn't happy with her or that he was wanting to be the next Bachelor. 

I kind of don't blame her for wanting to tell her side of the story, especially if her family and friends are as stumped as she was that he dumped her so suddenly and within weeks became the next Bachelor. At least she was kind in telling her side of it. Most people probably wouldn't have been so nice. She also isn't the first person to have told their side of the story about a Bachelor/ette. This happens pretty much every season. They all make a few bucks telling their stories and I can't blame them for wanting to do that, or for 15 minutes of fame. Isn't that what Arie is doing same as the other leads and contestants before him? Yes, he gets press from time to time with his racing but not like when he was on the Bachelorette. He is wanting to add to his "15 minutes" because I really doubt with his reputation that he is really wanting to get a wife out of this. Yes, it will be an interesting season but it is pure entertainment and nothing else.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with looking for a paycheck or your 15 mins, I am saying that is why she did the interview.  I'm sure he liked her, but obviously, if it was a serious relationship and he was looking at a future with her, he wouldn't have broken up with her for any reason...even to be the Bachelor.  I don't think the relationship was that serious or not as serious as she thought. If I dated a guy for a year and he never told me he loved me, I wouldn't have any expectations of it being a committed long term relationship and the fact that she never told him, means she was either waiting for him to say it first or she didn't think it was going to end with a commitment either. 

I still don't believe she didn't know Aire was going to be the Bachelor when she signed up.  Not remembering when you signed up, when it was only a week or two before, is suspect. Most people would remember. I think she is being vague for a reason.
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Hey, maybe Arie is sincerely looking for a committed relationship. Who knows? He's not a kid, 36, attractive, well known in his chosen field and rich. He isn't a stranger to the Bach process and is probably comfortable with it. I am looking forward to a good Bach season and really all I want is to be entertained. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Well, stranger things have happened.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Check out the Twitter Bitch-fights going down between Arie and 1-F.   First, this chick claims Arie and 1F used to show up at her Sorority and bang all the coeds:

The Bachelor, 2018 - Page 3 2qcee4k

But then 1-F chimes in to claim he's never stepped foot in a Sorority, and instead doesn't hang with Arie anymore because, "HE's Disgusting".   BBBUWUUHAHAHAHAHAHAH.......You gotta know if 1-F thinks you're disgusting, you gotta be pretty low.

The Bachelor, 2018 - Page 3 8wfwb4

Last edited by Feces.Hurling.Monkey on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top