Season 23 - Week 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 23 - Week 7 Empty Season 23 - Week 7

Post by SLA44 Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Here is ABC's Press Release for week 7:

Eight Remaining Celebrities Dance to Songs From the 1920s Through the 1990s, on ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ Monday, October 24

THE EIGHT REMAINING CELEBRITIES DANCE TO SONGS FROM THE 1920s THROUGH THE 1990s, AND WILL ALSO PERFORM TWO TEAM DANCES, AS ‘ERAS NIGHT’ COMES TO ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS,’ MONDAY, OCTOBER 24

For the Team Dances, the Eight Celebrities and Their Pros Will Be Grouped Into Two Teams, With Each Performing a Dance to Celebrate Songs and Dance Styles From the Past and Present

Len Goodman Returns to the Ballroom as Head Judge

At the End of the Night, One Couple Will Be Sent Home

“Episode 2307” – The eight remaining celebrities will dance to some of the most popular songs throughout the decades, as “Eras Night” comes to “Dancing with the Stars,” live, MONDAY, OCTOBER 24 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

Len Goodman returns as head judge for this special night of dancing, which showcases popular music throughout the eras from the 1920s through the 1990s. Each celebrity will perform either a quickstep, rumba, Charleston, jive, tango, foxtrot, samba or jitterbug.

In addition, the celebrities and their pros will be grouped into two teams – Team Past and Team Future – with each performing a dance to celebrate songs and dance styles from previous decades through present day. The team dance scores will be combined with the celebrity’s individual dance scores for a final tally.

At the end of evening, one couple will be eliminated from the ballroom competition.

The teams are divided up as follows (in alphabetical order):

Team Past

James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess

Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold

Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke

Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev

Team Future

Marilu Henner & Derek Hough

Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy

Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber

Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko

The couples will dance to the following songs (in timeline order):

Marilu Henner & Derek Hough – Charleston – “Never Forget You” by Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox featuring Addie Hamilton (1920s)

Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber – Foxtrot – “Cheek to Cheek” by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong (1930s)

James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess – Jitterbug – “In the Mood” by Glenn Miller and His Orchestra (1940s)

Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold – Jive – “Good Golly Miss Molly” by Little Richard (1950s)

Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Quickstep – “One Fine Day” by The Chiffons (1960s)

Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko – Samba – “Get Down Tonight” by KC and the Sunshine Band (1970s)

Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev – Tango – “You Give Love a Bad Name” by Bon Jovi (1980s)

Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke – Rumba – “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith (1990s)

Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews (sports host and ”Dancing with the Stars” season 10 finalist), “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough.

For week seven, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday night during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at [url=http://www.abc.com/ /t _blank][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Facebook at [url=https://apps.facebook.com/votedwts/ /t _blank][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] open for 24 hours, beginning from the start of each episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT and closing at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday evenings.

“Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Rob Wade, Ashley Edens-Shaffer and Joe Sungkur are executive producers. Phil Heyes directs. “Dancing with the Stars” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG, L parental guideline.

About BBC Worldwide Productions

BBC Worldwide Productions is a key business under BBC Worldwide North America, the U.S. division of the main commercial arm and wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), BBC Worldwide.  Based in Los Angeles, BBC Worldwide Productions develops and produces scripted and unscripted projects based on BBC formats/brands for cable and broadcast networks, as well as digital platforms. Key titles include “Dancing with the Stars” (ABC), “Getting On” (HBO), “Top Gear” (History), the limited series “The Night Of” (HBO) and the upcoming game show, “Hypnotize Me” (FOX).

ABC Media Relations

George Zaralidis
(818) 460-7920
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amber Brockman
(818) 460-7093

Nate Reeves
(818) 460-6422

Jeff Fordis
(818) 460-6676

Downloadable HD video clips will be posted to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] approximately 9:00 p.m. PDT.

Photography will be available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at [url=tel:(818) 460-6611](818) 460-6611[/url].

Share: http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/?p=259096

Facebook[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Twitter: @DancingABC, #DWTS

Instagram: @DancingABC

Vine: @DancingABC @ABC_Publicity

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 23 - Week 7 Empty Re: Season 23 - Week 7

Post by LadyMustang65 Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Hmm.  Seems like this could be a really good night.  There's nothing that jumps out at me as an obvious mismatch or potential catastrophe.  I'm really looking forward to dances like the Charleston and Jitterbug.  Some good music.  And the teams seem pretty evenly matched.  I'm looking forward to this!

Thanks as always for posting this information!  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:10 am

The two standouts for me were James and Calvin.  Plus... the 40's military costuming always rings my bell for some reason.

What's happened with Laurie?  She's not as impressive as she was earlier in the season.

I didn't think Marilu was as bad as the judges did.  Her strength, agility and stamina are enough to impress.

As for Jana, she dances well but doesn't grab me - and I just don't warm up to Gleb.

Ryan seems to get better each week but he's still shy of killing it.

Terra was okay.  But Maureen....  It was time.

For me, the "past" dance was beautiful, flowing and elegant.  But all the way through, I was fearing Maureen would botch it.  After listening to her talk during rehearsal, I wondered if she was back on drugs.

The "future" dance looked chaotic and out of sync.  Surprisingly bad.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:03 am

I agree the standouts were Calvin and James; both those dances were done well and a whole lot of fun.  I also really liked Laurie's as well, but a lot of it didn't feel like a Quickstep to me.  That's okay for this week, as I like when they throw in touches of the era, which is what Val did in that one.  She wasn't quite the standout that Calvin and James were, and I think that was in part because of the prom theme maybe?  This was one of the few times that I've felt like she seemed more her age.  But overall I thought she did very well, but I wasn't wowed by the choreo.  That's on Val, though.  I did think Terra did a great job.  The foxtrot suited her, and Sasha is doing a fantastic job with his choreography. 

I kinda agreed with the judges on Marilu.  I'm impressed she was able to do that, and I enjoyed it, but after it was over, I told my husband it felt "off" somehow.  I couldn't have told you what it was, but something just didn't seem right.  I agree on Jana - I often forget about her as soon as she's done.  I was surprised about the 40 she got last week - I'd forgotten all about the dance.    And yeah, I'm not crazy about Gleb either.  And I thought Ryan did pretty well this week.  He continues to improve, which is nice to see, and he's got a great attitude.  I like someone who can poke fun at themselves.  He's still probably the weakest dancer left, but I don't mind that he's still around.

I loved the "past" dance.  Just as you said, singly, it was beautiful, flowing and elegant.  Just gorgeous!!  I actually liked the "future" dance as well.  I gave the edge to the "past" but I liked the "future" as well.  I thought they did some interesting things in there. 

Overall, it was a great night.  To be honest, I won't miss Maureen, but I will miss Artem a lot.  He's such a gorgeous dancer . . . gorgeous guy (imho anyway) as well.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:51 am

I'm enjoying this season more than I have in a while.  It's likely because the poorer dancers went quickly and left some good talent on the floor.

mustang, you have me wondering about the future dance, and I know the judges gave it some praise.  I'm curious if you liked the concept or the dancing.  From my perspective, they were to be "of one mind," kind of a bee-hive society.  However, they couldn't stay together in their movement.  Their solos looked disconnected and thrown together.  I didn't get any sense of synchronicity.  OR did it go deeper into "divergent," where each couple was to veer away from solidarity.   In either case, they lost me.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:48 am

My sense of the future dance was that they started off together in what you call the "bee-hive" mentality.  Their movements were more or less synchronous, and it was the typical post-apocalyptic scenario - everything gray and ruined.  But then they started to find/reclaim their individuality, and they crossed to the other side of the dance floor where things were starting to grow again and the world was rejuvenating.  At least that's what I got out of it.  So I liked the concept of it (or what I thought the concept was) a lot.  And I have to admit I was thrilled that Derek didn't insist on his usual military precision-style dancing.  I'm so over that.  It could have been better executed in places, but I liked the overall concept, I liked the music, and I liked that they were doing things that weren't necessarily connected.  I gave higher marks to the "past" dance because of execution, but I did enjoy the "future" as well.  Both dances were very different than what we've seen in the past in the group dances, and I really appreciated that.  Smile

And I agree about enjoying this season a lot.  Aside from Rick Perry, whose politics I despise but who actually turned out to be a much more affable person than I expected, there really wasn't anyone I really disliked.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:19 am

I agree with both of you on Calvin and James being the standouts and that is how I voted as well splitting the votes right down the middle.  I also have not warmed up to Jana and Gleb and wasn't impressed with Gleb when he was on before.  Ryan does seem to improve each week and he does seem to be putting his all in to it so I really would hate to see him go home this next elimination but it is getting down to some really good dancers and it is going to be tough to see just about any of them go.

I loved the Past team dance and thought their costumes were beautiful - the whole thing was just flowing to me and of course the team had both of my favorites on it.  I really did like the Future team dance when it started and then it just kind of lost me. 

I also am enjoying this season a lot and I did enjoy Rick Perry while he was on the show - I found him to be very fun to watch.   I don't know if Laurie has lost something or it just seems that way because there are a couple of guys that are so good that maybe it just seems like she isn't doing as well.  Calvin and James are just a joy to watch for me and I think maybe they are overshadowing Laurie somewhat.  She had been the one to watch at the beginning but not so much now IMO. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top