Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Grace, the bottom right spouts Adam Levine's surprise proposal.  Maybe he'll come to Des' rescue!  LOL.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by gin1972 Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Wow someone is trying to put a new spin on it and try to shake RS spoiler. If it is true she better not take Chris cause it will be over he will hit the hills running.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:00 pm

The US Weekly News had Brooks and Drew as the front runners after the hometown dates (7/15) - Chris has not even been mentioned by them.  It doesn't mesh with what she told CH about Chris before the HTD RC.  I think everybody is running a muck right now.  This could be another one of the producer's shenanigans to throw the public off - not believing anything anymore.Hissy fit  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Here is another cover that Rc49ers posted on the other forum this morning:

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 2 Desiree-hartsock-engaged

It seems Chris is nowhere to be found in any of these - this is very suspect and I am more than convinced now that TPTB are behind all this hype!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:49 pm

singlyme wrote:Brooks has a heart-to-heart with CH?  Shocking news is revealed that needs to be shared with Des?  H-m-m.  Does he still wet the bed?  Is he sterile?  Is he married?  Is he afraid to leave his mama?  I don't know about you guys, but Brooks and his indecisiveness has gotten WAY too stale.

I haven't seen the first spark of love from his end.  Only insecurity and wishy-washy-ness.  If a guy can't make up his mind, why would you want him?  I'd be afraid if he proposed, he'd be changing his mind in two weeks.  He only has feelings for her when he's WITH her?  OR do his insecurities rise when he knows she's with other guys?  Boy, if it's him - wait till he watches the footage of all those lip-locks!!!

Singly, LOL!  Funny post  You're absolutely right:  Why on earth would she want him when he can't make up his mind?  No  She's got Chris who would do anything for her, and she had Zak - but, she let him get away.  Drew is another story altogether.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 pm

I think you're right, SLA. I'm becoming convinced that the "sources" in these stories are people that work on this show and they are just trying to make peoples minds run amok so people will tune in to see what all the hype is about. I'm starting to think that the scenario I posted on the MTA thread is probably what happens but they want to disguise the ending. As long as RS is allowed to continue to be a d!ck the show will continue to pull their shenanigans to try to make us think something different happens.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:12 pm

Yes I think so too rkc.  RS has been wrong about the final three this season and only corrected it before the HTDs because he had Zak as F3 and had said that something went wrong during the FSD.  So I'm wondering if someone purposefully fed him wrong information this season because he seemed kind of surprised by it.  The previews showed that Zak was not in any of the future scenes so that's why I'm wondering how solid his information on the rest is.  This season has been a train wreck all along to me so now I just want it to be over.  She's proclaimed her love for Brooks now for a couple of weeks so it seems that the show is pretty much over anyway. Yuck 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:07 am

In my word games forum, we have a "screaming room" thread. Seems appropriate for what is going down on this show.

I think I'll go there now!! aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:13 am

I visited the ABC board to rewatch the previews and accidently hit on the clip where they were analyzing their feelings.  It struck me how childlike Brooks' speech appeared.  Granted, she kept cutting off every sentence, but I'm talking about his girlie voice. ???

It does APPEAR that perhaps Chris proposes and is rejected.  So, does that mean he isn't??? lol.  I didn't know what to make of the footage on Drew.

Brooks seemed tortured.  Because he's not sure of his feelings?  --- OR because he feels like she strung along two other guys and he's afraid he's got a string as well???  While he's looking all conflicted, he says "playing it safe."  But I couldn't discern if he was referring to himself or Des.  Awhile back, I got an inkling that he "shut her out" between dates because he couldn't deal with her being with someone else.  I discarded that idea and went with "out of sight, out of mind."  Your guess is as good as mine.

If only TPTB were honest with the previews.  We'd then have some basis for speculation.  As it is, p-f-f-t.  I've heard she's engaged.  Who knows what the truth might be?

And I DO wonder why her parents aren't shown.  Perhaps they're so wrapped up in trying to hook us, they just didn't include any footage.  After all the hype the previous week about Nate, he did NOTHING.  Who would pass up a trip to Antigua, knowing they'd be on film for only about one minute?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:43 am

And let's not forget that they have also not shown any footage of the big moment when she would choose between the final 2....that is unheard of in this franchise. I believe TPTB are working this thing til the very end trying to make us believe she walks away alone or at least with someone other than Brooks. They really need to tank this show and start another one and keep it real without all the game playing but you know that part won't happen.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:54 am

Are we SO different from other viewers?  I thoroughly enjoyed this program in its earlier years.  Granted, the final pairing seldom worked out - but for a while, we were transported to a romatic adventure and a quest for love.

Now, we get idiots and a**es.  Surely, with the $$ these people have, they're doing polls or spying to see what the viewers want.  Is THIS the result?  Hard to believe, but I guess the original format is now boring for many in America.  The fact that Jerry Springer, Maury, Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, and Abby's Dancers are still on speaks volumes.  There ARE people who want this crap.  Apparently, MANY of them.

The last promo I saw of Boo Boo involved smells.  Diapers, burps, farts - with a plug for US Weekly, where you could find a "scratch & sniff" page.  ???????????  The mental quotient of America is obviously plunging.  I've always called this "The Three Stooges Mentality." 

While The Bach & The 'Ette were never meant for rocket scientists, they were a pleasant little escape from daily stress and chores.  Now? *weary sigh*

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:18 am

LOL singly - you just wrecked my morning with description on the Honey Boo Boo previews.  It is beyond my understanding how people or what people watch those kind of shows that you mentioned but the Bach franchise is running a close second to that stupid kind of programing these days.  I do agree they used to be an escape from daily stress but now it just adds to it.  It seems the shows just keep getting worse.  To me this one is either worse or tied for worst with Ben's season.  If the powers that be are reading the boards they are not paying attention or are only seeing the comments they want to see and ignoring the rest just like they ignored the fans that asked them over and over again not to change the boards.  They don't seem to give a darn about what we like or want only what they want.  So they have turned a show that used to be fun or enjoyable to watch into a big messy train wreck that is neither fun or enjoyable to a lot of people.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:57 pm

The difference is those other shows are meant to be like they are.  When a viewer tunes in to watch, they kinda know what to expect.   In many cases, absolutely ridiculousness; but the viewer expects that.   With the bach or ette show, we are expecting to see a lead meeting several different contestants and hopefully falling "in love" and watching that process happen.    That is the premise of the show and that is what the viewers want.   Especially after this season, this show has become a joke and it is not at all what I am tuning in to watch every Monday.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Very well said rein and ITA with you and that is why so many people are disgusted with this show as it has turned out and continues down the road of destruction IMO. Yuck 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks for that preview, SLA!  That helps a lot with understanding the other previews!  Regarding Brooks, he could have an STD of some sort or another health problem that Des should know about.  It's understandable that Des would get upset upon learning the news.  I'll give Brooks a break on the other stuff.  Guys are funny about commitments and he may be like Sean - only wants to propose once in his life and wants to be sure Des is the right one for him.  I also think that the fact that Des basically fell for him at the start was very unexpected and yet he had to see her dating all these other guys and hearing about them falling in love with her, etc.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:26 pm

LOL S&T now an STD would sure put a new twist on this show and with the direction it's heading why not!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Is there a possibility that he might wait to proposal on the AFR?

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:37 pm

It was my understanding that besides all the psychological tests administered, all prospective contestants (if you will pardon that word) are tested for STD's. Correct me if I am wrong.

While I do agree this season is a trainwreck, we've had many others before it. I thought Jillian's season was a trainwreck, as was Ben's. I guess this is just the worst one of them all.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:40 pm

LOL newto - I really question the depth of these so called psychological tests they supposedly administer these prospective contestants.  From the looks of what we have seen it must not be anymore that a questionnaire the candidates fill out or mark a yes or no box.  It almost seems like they are searching for some head cases to throw in the mix.

I have also heard they test for STD's and I do question that as well unless it is just a simple blood test that is done IDK but I have trouble believing all this potential candidates are going to submit themselves to anything much more physical than that. No 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:20 am

SLA -- You're certainly right. We've had more than a few inflated egos and head cases on these shows over the years, but as time has gone by we certainly have had more. I suspect it has become more difficult to find "contestants" for these shows.

I think STDs can be determined by a blood test; not sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:11 am

I think the blood test for STDs would be the easy part.  It's the psychological part that a contestant could BS their way through, and it's probably not too in-depth at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:20 pm

ROTFLMAO I am not sure they give that test. If they did that the show would not have lasted this long.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:48 pm

I once read that the purpose of the psychological tests was to measure the strengths and weaknesses of the contestants, thus giving TPTB the ability to exploit whatever they came up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Yup TPTB only want people they can easily manipulate and that are willing to do whatever they request of them. Crazy
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:51 pm

The extended preview for the finale 1st part is up now on TVGrapevine:

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php/the-bachelorette/2113-the-bachelorette-season-finale-part-1
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top