Episode 6 - 7/1 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 6 - 7/1 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Episode 6 - 7/1 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by grace8136 Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:18 am

It's ok to talk about the elimination on the current episode, after the show has aired. It's ok to speculate, but PLEASE do not post any Reality Steve type spoilers. We don't want to know who Des picks.

If you are new to our board... Welcome! Please review our rules and guidelines before you begin posting. Thanks!

https://bachchat.forumotion.com/f9-board-rules-and-guidelines
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 6 - 7/1 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Re: Episode 6 - 7/1 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by grace8136 Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:17 pm

TV Grapevine preview..

http://tvgrapevine.com/index.php/the-bachelorette/622-the-bachelorette-mystery-and-mistrust-in-barcelona

Looks like a good episode! I'd love to visit Barcelona.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 6 - 7/1 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Re: Episode 6 - 7/1 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks Grace for the link. I to would love to visit Barcelona and look forward to seeing more of it come Monday night.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:33 pm

ABC has 25 pictures from episode 6 up on the Bachelorette website. Here is the link:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/photos/seasons/09/episode-906/_m_episode-906-11
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:19 pm

ok if any of you need a pair of boots I have some in my closet and i have extra shovles:laughing2:

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:37 pm

WOWSER! That was some preview!! Desperate attempt to increase ratings or some truth in it? I have to go back and see what we actually see them say and what is voice overs.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:48 pm

Can we please start this season over with a different lead and a new set of guys. I think this was just about the worst episode I have ever seen. All the tattle tales, whiners, troublemakers is getting old. Two hours of total crap. Hissy fit 

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:47 am

LOL... I liked Barcelona and thought the soccer game was fun. A few bright spots tonight. But yes, all the James drama was just overblown and boring. Give him the boot and move on.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:38 am

Tonight's crazy preview.. Scroll past the screen caps and it's at the bottom.

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=TheBachelorette&Number=19490966
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:21 am

I don't know what happened to my reply awhile ago but rein I agree with you.

From the previews it looks like they are trying to make us think they are all gone and Des is alone.  From the editing it looks like Drew and Brooks leave and she maybe sends Chris and Zak home.  This is the worst season of all the bachelorettes and there have been some pretty bad ones and it is giving Ben's season a real run for it's money as the worst in the whole franchise IMO.

WTH was with having a nude male model for Zak's 1-on-1 date anyway?  I think these producers are really sick.  I had a hard time keeping my attention on the show tonight - it was pathetic.Hissy fit 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:23 am

I agree with rein and USN - that was one of the worst episodes I've ever seen. The childish bickering, accusations, tears, etc. almost drove me to another channel. I don't know why Des waited until the rose ceremony to send James home; it would have been far kinder of her to send him home privately. I was stunned she kept Michael; he might be an attorney but there is something sleazy about him that just turns me off. JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:19 am

Des waited because TPTB wanted her to.  What a gyp and bummer - all for drama we don't want or need.  I thought that once she got rid of Ben and James we'd have some peace.  But....NO-O-O-O.  Now, they have the drama crap already set up for next week!  I groaned when I saw the previews.  Enough!  I'm completely puzzled about how this is going to work.

I agree that the nude model was over the top for the 1/1 date.  But the expression on Zak's face was priceless!  The soccer game was fun.  Juan Pablo never had a chance or any exposure since the first week when she thought he was sexy.  I was surprised that Michael stayed over Kasey.

She JUST had her 1/1 with Drew (while she's had more time with the others), so I'm a little confused that he could mean so much to her - or is it the idea that so many of them are duds for her season?  Two for the wrong reasons - and one who isn't feeling it?

Regardless, I'll be there next week.  *sigh*  I wish they'd just let things simmer down so we can enjoy the remainder of the season.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am

Singly -- good morning. If "they" let things simmer down how will we have "the most shocking and dramatic final rose ceremony ever?" After all, this now-lame show has a reputation to uphold. Beating a dead horse 

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 am

Funny post

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:47 am

This is purely speculative because there are no spoilers out for what that preview was about. She was rubbing Drew's back in a comforting sort of way. In the preview, Brooks is having a melt down of some sort and says this is the worst day of his life. I think Des tells Drew something which makes it apparent to him that he should leave.

Aside from the James drama, I thought this was the best episode so far. Barcelona looks so beautiful. I want to go there. I liked her date with Drew and Zak. Zak's wild eyed expressions should all be put together in a montage. I liked the soccer game, though James was really awful as goalie. Juan Pablo was fun to watch. And Des was more relaxed on her dates and her personality came out a bit more.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:15 am

I guess I was just disappointed in the date that Zak got.  I didn't get the whole thing with the art studio theme.  I guess I was hoping for a more exciting date for him since he is one of my favorites. 

The drama is so overplayed and it seems to me like it just keeps getting worse.  Maybe I am just burned out on this franchise and it's phoniness.  I'm just not enjoying it anymore and it is not even entertaining.  I will watch next week because I want to see the scenery but I sure don't want to see the drama.

I don't understand why she kept Michael, I don't see any connection between them at all.  I agree newto it would have been kinder to send James home before the rose ceremony but Singly is right and the TPTB wanted her to wait so people would think she was going to keep him.  Rein was right about two hours of crap IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:45 am

I must say the one thing I did like was Barcelona.  I thought the date with Drew was awful.  The only thing I learned about Drew was that he admired his dad.  We heard it all before about his childhood and now he once again had to tell it.  Interesting how he said his father has cancer and has told very few people....well now Drew has told the entire world so everyone knows.  Then he drags her down the alley to kiss (really bizarre scene).  Once again, we know absolutely nothing about Drew but everything about his father.  I don't like him at all.  He appears to be too "clean cut-perfrect" if you know what I mean.  But he's a cry-baby, troublemaker.  

I too was disappointed with the date with Zak but at least he didn't whine and cry about his childhood.  I think he would be a really fun guy to spend time with.  He made the best out of that ridiculous stupid male nude model  situation.  

Then there is Michael....super creepy...what's with the greasy hair, sweaty face and buggy eyes.  He is really starting to creep me out.  I can't even imagine being on a date with this guy.  Can't imagine even disagreeing with him as a girlfriend or spouse.

A had a really, really hard time watching these guys continually squabble like a bunch of high school girls.  I actually had to mute it for a while.

They all say they are in this for Des and care so much about her.  Really?  They think that backstabbing, looking for reasons to get others kicked off and then tattling  is caring for someone....as if they are looking out for her to protect her from getting hooked up with the wrong guy..LOL  Maybe they should concerned about their own actions and start talking to Des about their dreams and aspirations, likes and dislikes and what they want out of a relationship instead of being so concerned about dissing another guy.  It is too bad we did not get to see more of Juan Pablo because he along with Zak and Chris are the only ones in this bunch that stayed out of the drama and the only ones I have any respect for.  

Very, very disappointed in this season.  I never thought I would see a season worse than Ben's but this takes the cake.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:53 am

Good post rein and I agree with you.  In fact I haven't heard Zak say one bad thing about another guy to her or to get into it with another guy.  I wish Chris had stayed out of the James conversation last night but he wasn't as bad as Drew, Kasey and Michael.  All it seems Michael does is try to find fault with someone.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:01 am

Yea Chris did say something, but as he pointed out he just could not hold back any longer. I know that same feeling of not wanting to get involved but there comes a time when you just can't take it any longer. He is still not an instigator, troublemaker, whiner like the rest of them. Michael is the biggest sleazeball of this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:14 am

You will get no argument with me on that one rein.  I find Michael plain disgusting and nothing at all about him attractive.  It doesn't say much for Des to be keeping someone like him around to the final 5 IMO.

Chris is still my favorite with Zak running a very close 2nd right behind him.  The rest of guys do not interest me in the least.  The two Des seems the most interested in right now are Brooks and Drew and neither one seem to have much depth to them to me and are not ones that I would be interested in.  Michael should have been gone long ago at least the 2nd episode if not the 1st IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:01 pm

Zak and Chris are tied for me as really good guys and a great catch, but I can see Des with Chris more. The poetry and I think they are both more quiet and want to settle down and start a family in the not too distant future. Just a guess. I think Brooks may leave as they showed him in the limo in the preview.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Was Drew's father an alcoholic for his entire childhood? That would not be a hero in my book, even if he did finally overcome it. I would just see it as about time. You don't have a choice when there are children involved IMHO.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:03 pm

I don't know how long he had been an alcoholic but I thought he had left them when Drew was younger  - I could be wrong.  I thought the alcohol had a part in his leaving the family.  What about his mother, I don't think I've ever heard him talk about her only his alcoholic father and his mentally disabled sister.  I really did not learn anything new about him last night and that was a disappointment. 

At least when Zak talked about his life and family it was all positive.  Why TPTB think we want to hear all these sob stories is beyond me same with all the fake drama,  No Yuck 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:42 pm

grace8136 wrote:Zak and Chris are tied for me as really good guys and a great catch, but I can see Des with Chris more. The poetry and I think they are both more quiet and want to settle down and start a family in the not too distant future. Just a guess. I think Brooks may leave as they showed him in the limo in the preview.

I totally agree with you. Both of these guys seem to be super nice, wanting a wife and family, and just comfortable in their own skin. I would love to see more of the interactions between them and Des. These are two guys I think she has chemistry with and could see a love story grow. I don't have a good feeling about Brooks or why he is even here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:44 pm

SLA44 wrote:I don't know how long he had been an alcoholic but I thought he had left them when Drew was younger  - I could be wrong.  I thought the alcohol had a part in his leaving the family.  What about his mother, I don't think I've ever heard him talk about her only his alcoholic father and his mentally disabled sister.  I really did not learn anything new about him last night and that was a disappointment. 

At least when Zak talked about his life and family it was all positive.  Why TPTB think we want to hear all these sob stories is beyond me same with all the fake drama,  No Yuck 

Nope, nothing about the mother.  And, why did we have to hear this story twice??  Leads me to believe that Drew doesn't really have too much else to talk about.  He's either being a whiner or stirring the pot.  What do we really know about HIM....nothing.

Also....like everyone's Avis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top