Episode 2 - 6/3 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 2 - 6/3 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Episode 2 - 6/3 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by grace8136 Mon May 27, 2013 3:31 pm

It's ok to talk about the elimination for this episode after the show has aired. It's ok to speculate, but PLEASE do not post any Reality Steve type spoilers. We don't want to know who Des picks.

If you are new to our board... Welcome! Please review our rules and guidelines before you begin posting. Thanks!

https://bachchat.forumotion.com/f9-board-rules-and-guidelines

Last edited by grace8136 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 2 - 6/3 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Re: Episode 2 - 6/3 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by USN Thu May 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Here are the grapevine extended previews.

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php/the-bachelorette/452-the-bachelorette-sparks-fly

USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 2 - 6/3 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Re: Episode 2 - 6/3 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:43 am

There are some new videos up on the home page on ABC Bachelorette:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/index

Check them out, especially the one on Ben Drama!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:12 am

I liked Ben better the first night than on this squinty-eyed clip. That being said... I'm wondering if he'll just apologize for the interruption and the guys will move on to James. Looks like the group is already getting paranoid - but it's good to bring these issues to the surface and set things straight before it ends up in backstabbing and malice.

They were right that Ben should have turned around when he saw Des wasn't alone. No reason to believe he won't see their point. Right? Personally, I hope all the conflict is resolved early on and we don't have to endure too much unpleasantness.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 am

I liked Michael G, but he was a drama king in the second half tonight. My daughter said they were acting like 4th grade girls. She is a big 5th grader now.

Overall, I didn't see Des have any big spark with any of the guys tonight.

I think Des could have asked Ben to give her a minute since Michael was in the middle of telling her about something serious. Ben seems to have the lines, but at least he kept his cool.

Singly-of course they will show us every little tidbit of drama they can. They think we like that part!

grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:23 am

I thought Des had a connection with Brooks tonight. She just seemed so relaxed and natural around him. That was a pretty cool date, too - the Hollywood sign and dinner on the bridge.

The rap video date was fun, too!

She also seemed to have a connection with Bryden, but not as much as she did with Brooks.

I don't care for Ben. He just seems so smug about his relationship with Des. I do wish the other guys wouldn't waste their time and energy on him, though, because he is not going to change one bit.

I like how the guys are opening up to her so early in the season.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:53 am

Okay. "Benny the Swoop" is officially off my list. Self-absorbed, self-satisfied and self-important. And that smug smirk is making me nuts! One of the guys called him a politician. I think he was absolutely right. This guy is a fast-talker who insinuates himself wherever he sees an advantage. Possibly a politician with a side job as used car salesman.

He has NO reaction to anything he's told - just that smug smirk that says your words are going right over his head. He doesn't CARE - just keeps smiling. And I think his exposure is what will make Des cry. And some of the "lines" he gives Des are obvious to me. Can't remember what he said to her before he leaned in with a "heh-heh" for a kiss.

On the other hand, atop the Hollywood sign, I thought it was pretty deep of Brooks to distinguish between hype and Des' dreams. I like his looks and so far, he seems like a decent guy with no obvious flaws.

Bryden? Meh.

And don't forget Mikey is a Federal Prosecutor, right? His sense of justice has been inflamed and I'd like to see him put away "Benny the Swoop" for good.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:34 am

I forgot. Still can't remember the guy's name. Nick? The one with the abs. I had no idea he was playing on Sean's shirtless season. Kinda puts his entrance in a different light. Glad he clarified.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:15 pm

I think the date with Brooks went well and they seemed really comfortable with each other. Did not see any connection with Bryden. He doesn't appear to be able to carry a conversation or to be able to say much more than how awesome something is. That moment in the hot tub was sooo awkward.....forever silence, then "just kiss me" (paraphrasing). Nice enough guy, but dull.

Rap date. I guess it was meant to be fun, but some of it was so embarrassing, felt like it was some bach or ette pre wedding party. Watching a lady lying on a couch like a harlot with a guy sashaying his groin in front of her face isn't very appealing. JMHO

I think good ole Ben is going to end up the scum he is coming across as.

Michael is the one who is a federal prosecutor and I think he should have had some balls and said "hey buddy, you already got your rose, we just started talking, so have a little respect and give me a few more minutes with Des".

I was very, very pleasantly surprised with Zak (shirtless guy). We saw a whole different side to him and I'd like to see more.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 pm

sdreindeer wrote:I think the date with Brooks went well and they seemed really comfortable with each other. Did not see any connection with Bryden. He doesn't appear to be able to carry a conversation or to be able to say much more than how awesome something is. That moment in the hot tub was sooo awkward.....forever silence, then "just kiss me" (paraphrasing). Nice enough guy, but dull.

Rap date. I guess it was meant to be fun, but some of it was so embarrassing, felt like it was some bach or ette pre wedding party. Watching a lady lying on a couch like a harlot with a guy sashaying his groin in front of her face isn't very appealing. JMHO

I think good ole Ben is going to end up the scum he is coming across as.

Michael is the one who is a federal prosecutor and I think he should have had some balls and said "hey buddy, you already got your rose, we just started talking, so have a little respect and give me a few more minutes with Des".

I was very, very pleasantly surprised with Zak (shirtless guy). We saw a whole different side to him and I'd like to see more.

I agree with you, rein. That was such a cool date with Brooks. Unless they end up showing a different side to him he seems pretty well adjusted and a pretty good guy.

I also thought the date with Bryden was kind of odd. And when they were in the hottub and they just were floundering for conversation and they both were just saying how awesome the day was I found myself yelling at the tv for him to just kiss her already even if it's just to break the awkwardness...and then she said it! That was so funny.

I liked Ben the first week because I like a guy that loves his kids...but that ended real fast. He is quickly proving himself to be a jerk. I understand the desire for the contestants to get as much time with the lead as possible but when you already have a rose and the cocktail parties are the last chance for people to talk to the lead before heading into the rose ceremony that is not the time to monopolize the leads time. That is a good way to get other people in the house pissed at you and you don't want to do that because it always tends to backfire.

I agree with what Grace said, due to the subject matter of what Michael was speaking to her about Des should have spoke up and told Ben that he needs to give her a few minutes and then he can come to talk to her...and since she didn't Michael should have said something to Ben. I think Des would have understood him speaking up. Since he didn't say anything he seemed to be overreacting later when he made a big deal out of it along with the other guy that got involved. The drama scene could have been avoided if it was taken care of when it first happened.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:48 pm

rkc1960 wrote:

I agree with what Grace said, due to the subject matter of what Michael was speaking to her about Des should have spoke up and told Ben that he needs to give her a few minutes and then he can come to talk to her...and since she didn't Michael should have said something to Ben. I think Des would have understood him speaking up. Since he didn't say anything he seemed to be overreacting later when he made a big deal out of it along with the other guy that got involved. The drama scene could have been avoided if it was taken care of when it first happened.

I agree, however, ABC does not want to avoid the drama!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:17 am

Someone mentioned that The Voice airing opposite might be the reason for the lower ratings on Des' season. It's disappointing because I like her so much.

And I agree with both of you. The drama is a requirement for them, wherever they can find it. There should really be an honor code with the guys about interrupting. As my mother drummed into my head from the time I was small: "How would YOU like it if......?"

The mother board is up in arms about Des' use of "amazing." But didn't Sean wear it out as well? And "journey." Let's see. Wonderful. Delightful. Great. Terrific. Sensational. Just a few off the top of my head. And lest we forget....Awesome! lol. They should be grateful she's not using current terminology like "bad-ass."

As to "journey," I can't think of much. "Trip" and "trek" just don't cut it. Adventure? Quest for love?

They're also annoyed with the "Cinderella" overview and the repetition of how she's feeling like a princess. AND her intelligence is being called into question.

You know, I just got back on ABC as singlymoi, and I'm wondering how much I'll comment amidst the negativity and personal attacks. The only person I feel negative towards is Ben.

Okay. Embarassed I must admit that during the old Ben's season, I was pretty negative myself. The hair, the stupidity, etc., but this is DES!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:34 am

Maybe the posters who do all the attacking and criticizing should think about not watching the show any longer. I get the impression that the only reason they watch it is to bash. I see nothing wrong with critiquing, questioning, disagreeing; and it can be done in a non-hateful way, even when you don't like the lead or contestants. But for whatever reason, most of the threads on the motherboard turn negative and then the hatred spews. I think we have all been negative on some of these bach people, but that's a far cry from some of the mean-spirited, hateful remarks that I've seen in some of those posts on the ABC board.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:43 pm

As far as bashing goes, I got really tired of it back in Ashley's season, hearing those guys say they wished/thought she was going to be Emily. So glad she found JP who loves her just the way she is!Smile

Then, during Emily's season, all I heard was about her looks and how fake she looked. Hello? I'm thinking: OK, so what do you want? A blonde, a brunette? With makeup, without? Job, no job? Skinny, too skinny, too fat? It seems like no matter what you are, it's not good enough. Episode 2 - 6/3 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion 1582475729

It went on and on at the ABC board. It is refreshing to hear Des's guys say that they are glad it's her this season.

I would not be on one of these shows in a million years. Everyone just picks your life to death. Dating is difficult enough without the whole world watching.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi BlueMoon, I think the ones that sign up for this show know what they are getting into and that it is open season on bashing them. It happens every time and not everyone is going to like the same ones and that includes the lead as well as the contestants vying for the leads attention. I do think there are a few on the ABC board that just watch it to bash anyone and everyone though and I try to stay away from those threads.

Anyway I just checked on grapevine to see if they had up the new extended preview up for episode 3 and they do not yet but they do have a recap of episode 2 up with a video of some of the RC and some previews for Monday night. The link is:

http://tvgrapevine.com/index.php/the-bachelorette/465-the-bachelorette-recap-for-june-3-2013
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:25 am

Over the years, there have been seasons I didn't watch - for reasons I can't recall. The only one I actively boycotted was Emily. I considered her a phony on Brad's season, then found out the "southern belle" was actually raised next door in WVA, then FL. For me, my instincts were validated. She wasn't my cup of tea, so I didn't watch. I WISH I had done the same for Ben's. lol. They took him from Ashley's okay guy to the world's greatest idiot because of Courtney.

Come to think of it, I guess he's not the only one who got worse in being the star. Jake. Many hated Ali. I liked her - and I STILL wish she and Frank hadn't bombed. Many thought Ashley was a poor choice. She was okay for me. Many thought Jillian wasn't pretty enough.

Yes, these people know what they sign up for, but do you suppose any of them realize just how much hatred these viewers can spew? One wonders where all this contempt is born.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:51 am

Singly they might not know how bad it can get the first time they sign up but they sure should by the second time they sign up. Sometimes I think some of the people are just having fun and don't really care one way or the other about these people on the show that no one really knows anything about in real life only what TPTB choose to show them. I'm sure some are real stinkers and some are probably real nice. I still to this day think that Chris L. from Ali's season was and is a nice guy and so glad he found his love and is happily married. He was and still is my all time favorite that has been on this show.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:43 am

NEWS FLASH!!! THE TV GRAPEVINE EXTENDED PREWIEW IS UP AND WOW! Episode 3 is going to be something else! Check out TV Grapevine The Bachelorette: Most Explosive Showdowns in Bachelorette History! Enjoy!
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Well, it was only a matter of time before one of these dates got someone hurt. I hope Ben goes and TPTB can focus screen time to possible contenders. It would be TOO cruel to make us endure Ben for weeks on end.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:15 pm

I refuse to go over to the motherboard this season...and I am thinking that I may never go back. The people over there get so nasty and I just end up getting aggravated and it's just not worth it...and on top of that they spill the beans on the F1 and think nothing of it.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi rkc, nobody is supposed to spill the beans on this board so I hope they don't. There are some nice posters on the motherboard but there are also so real nasty ones. Hopefully this board will remain a nice place to post. I'm really glad you are here!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:08 pm

rkc1960 wrote:I refuse to go over to the motherboard this season...and I am thinking that I may never go back. The people over there get so nasty and I just end up getting aggravated and it's just not worth it...and on top of that they spill the beans on the F1 and think nothing of it.

Hi rkc.....nice to see you posting here. How is your son doing? Did anything ever come of that issue you had with his teacher?

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:25 am

sdreindeer wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:I refuse to go over to the motherboard this season...and I am thinking that I may never go back. The people over there get so nasty and I just end up getting aggravated and it's just not worth it...and on top of that they spill the beans on the F1 and think nothing of it.

Hi rkc.....nice to see you posting here. How is your son doing? Did anything ever come of that issue you had with his teacher?

Hey rein...nice to see you too. My son is doing about the same. He has a few good days and then it's bad again. I don't know whether I ever told anyone this or not but he was in the hospital for a week back in February due to all this mess. His dr. has pretty much thrown her hands up and said she can't think of anything else she can do at this point. Her suggestion is to get him into a Neuro behavior treatment program but the only one that is available thru insurance is a year waiting list and everyone seems to be dragging their feet in helping me get the proper documentation together to get him on the waiting list. There is another one that is more local but it goes through the school district and that is another holdup due to this civil suit. The attorney is working to get him out of his current school and get him into one more suited for his needs by the beginning of the new school year but we'll see how that goes. We are hoping to get him into the one that has the treatment program and once there we are hoping to get him the treatment he needs. Any time the courts and lawyers are concerned it just takes an eternity.

Thanks for asking about him and SLA as well who asked about him a few days ago.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi, Everyone! RKC, I don't know the background about the issues with your son, but I hope you can find solutions for the treatments and get him enrolled in the school he needs.

From the Extended preview, it sure looks like a lot will happen on Monday night. Three more Bachelors will be leaving. I'm thinking it will be Brian, Mikey, and possibly Bryden going home, because I don't think they are in any preview footage after tonight. Another possibility is Dan, because they are not showing him much. I hope not, because I really like him and it's hard to tell if he might be the "hidden guy" in some of the clips. SLA, I think we are going to see more of Chris than we have in the past starting on Monday! Yay!

By the way, anything I say is just my own guesses from watching the previews and from watching this show for so many seasons. I have no idea who the Final Four are or who the Final One is!

SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:07 pm

S&T I am sure Brian will be going home Monday night - from the extended preview he looks like a stinker! I don't remember seeing Dan in the extended preview so I think he may be going home too and I really would have liked to see more of him.

With having the two group dates and only one 1-on-1 date it looks like everyone gets a date of one kind or another Monday night. I don't remember seeing two group dates in one episode before but maybe my memory is failing me there.

Brandon is reminding me so much more of Kasey (Kahn?) from Ali's season that I think he really needs to go home for his own good as well as everyone else.

I think it is about time I get to see more of Chris than just a flash in the pan so I can be sure he is all that I hope him to be.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top