Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 am

Rein -- Great idea about the barf bags. Perhaps we should go into partnership selling them. ROFL.

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:53 am

newto the boards wrote:Rein -- Great idea about the barf bags.  Perhaps we should go into partnership selling them.  ROFL.

Too bad we didn't think of this idea a long time ago.  Between Ben's season and this season....could have made millions!!LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:11 pm

That is what I was thinking. Monday Des watched with the rest of us as Brooks told the world that he wasn't in love with her and she is not the one. Unless someone clued her in on what he had said in advance how can you have any respect for yourself and stay with someone that would say that about you? Ok, so if he goes back and she takes him back, I would be afraid that later down the road that he would find "the one" and leave me for them. Now, on the flip side...how has Brooks felt as he has watched all these episodes with Des making out heavily with these other guys...especially that FS date with Drew? The two of them have made their beds so to speak and if this is the case then they deserve each other.

Now as to Chris and Drew, as much as I think these people are nuts to fall hard for these leads under the circumstances they both have reason to believe that Des is really into them and they are the one. Des has been over the top with these guys and they have no reason to believe they aren't the one. If Des was going to tell Brooks that she loved him before the end of filming she sure as hell could have clued these guys in before the end of filming so their hearts wouldn't be completely crushed.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:25 pm

Sorry for all the ranting, folks. I try not to let this show get to me but am really getting aggravated at all the game playing and manipulating. Love is not supposed to be about game playing and making out with other people when you're in love with someone else. In the words of one of my favorites of all time, Bon Jovi...You Give Love a Bad Name....

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:58 pm

Rkc, I agree. Every Wednesday I go to children medical center and take gifts to the ones having treatments. You see these these beautiful angles fighting for there lives and I can say they melt your heart as if they are yours.
Then I see MF putting this crap on and talking them to do this to save the show and you can bet he gave them something. Well it worked ratings soared. I watch and to see two people pull this stunt and know two nice guys are going to see this is not right. To top it off I watched it.
Brooks will have a change of heart and go back and they will get engaged. How are they going to feel when Drew gets hurt big time? Shame on MF and the crew and Des and Brooks. Hope they know are accountable for your actions are,

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:39 pm

gin1972 wrote:Rkc, I agree. Every Wednesday I go to children medical center and take gifts to the ones having treatments. You see these these beautiful angles fighting for there lives and I can say they melt your heart as if they are yours.
 Then I see MF putting this crap on and talking them to do this to save the show and you can bet he gave them something.  Well it worked ratings soared. I watch and to see two people pull this stunt and know two nice guys are going to see this is not right. To top it off I watched it.
 Brooks will have a change of heart and go back and they will get engaged. How are they going to feel when Drew gets hurt big time? Shame on MF and the crew and Des and Brooks. Hope they know are accountable for your actions are,

That is awesome, Gin that you do that. What a kind heart you have. Makes all this other nonsense pale in comparison.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:55 pm

SLA44 wrote:LOL rein, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't already over and anything they do  or say now is just for show.  Yuck 

That would not surprise me.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:29 pm

singlyme wrote:Oh.  My.  Word.  Two HUGE problems here.

How can she be in love with Brooks yet kiss Drew ad nauseum?  That was an uncomfortable amount of lip-locking.  And when he told the camera guy it was time to leave them, I got a flash of control freak.  The way things were going in the fantasy suite, I was led to believe "the deed" would be done.  It just didn't sit well with me (whether the deed was done or not) that she was SO into kissing Drew when she's supposed to be in love with Brooks.

Second, was the relentless crying - for what?  Forty minutes?  I thought it would never end.  Did they stretch out the initial conversation and the ensuing blubber-fest?  I suppose it could've gone down in real time, but as a viewer - too much!  I'm thinking I groaned and rolled my eyes a time or two.

Brooks wanted a gut reaction to her - that "thrill" feeling.  I could see that.  And his being upset at hurting her so deeply was believable.  But I'm afraid I couldn't get past how "into" kissing Drew she was.  **Note to newto - Keep the closed captioning on.  I USED it and didn't miss a word. 

Chris seemed like a phantom on last night's episode.  Do you suppose they did more than watch stars?  I'm sure they didn't stay in that tub all night.  All that kissing with Drew STILL bothers me.  When I was in love, kissing someone else like that would've been repugnant.
Singly, Absolutely.  How can she be so in love with Brooks and do all that kissing with Drew and Chris?  I got the feeling they were going to go all the way, too.  Looking back on Brad's season where he invited Emily to the FS, she prefaced her reply with the fact that she was a single mom and needed to set an example, but that she wanted to go to the FS with him and that they should just take it "slow."  So, for all we know, they could have sat up all night and talked.

There was way too much crying.  I was really surprised that Des didn't get angry at him.  I use closed captioning, too, so I don't miss a lot.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:33 pm

rkc1960 wrote:Singly, you said so much that I was thinking as well. The BF was sitting in the living room with me last night and even he was getting grossed out by Des and all the kissing when she claims to be in love with Brooks. She doesn't seem to be cluing anyone in to the fact that they aren't the F1 and people are going to get hurt. To totally be into making out with people you know you aren't going to be with in the end is kind of disturbing.

And as to that breakup scene? Dang! How many commercials ran through that thing? They could have ran the rest of the season during the time it took to break up with her. And I couldn't hear what was being said most of the time either....and I turned the volume up full blast to try to hear it. Next time I'll have to use that closed captions thing too. What I did find interesting is that what I DID hear was when Des told him she loved him and he said that she should have told him sooner and she said she couldn't.....AND...then she said "I was going to tell you today"...Whoa...I thought they weren't supposed to tell the one that they are going to choose that they love them in advance? I think there are a lot of conversations that go on that we aren't privy to that if heard we would have all turned off this show years ago. What a crock of bull. Just goes to show what some of us have been saying all along. This show is more scripted than sitcoms and definitely more manipulated. Why do I get the feeling this isn't the end and he comes back? Why else would tabloids be running stories that she is now engaged? I think TPTB want us all to think that this is the first season that the lead doesn't choose anyone in the end because they were dumped by the one they wanted? (Brad doesn't count because it was his choice to walk away alone)...this wreaks of a set up. All the early talk of her being in love with Brooks, him being so warm to her in the beginning and him growing colder as it gets near the end, her apparently being oblivious (or down right stupid) to this change in attitude, her wanting to not choose someone like Chris who is apparently so into her and is loving and caring and writes her dag gone poems for Christ's sake!!! Come on...I'm getting tired of the shows producers thinking we are so stupid. It's insulting! If he does come back and she gets engaged to him than I take back what I previously thought of Des and I will now think she has got to be one of the biggest idiots that ever joined the cast of this show. If this whole hot/cold, not in love, break up thing was just something acted out than I think this show ought to be laughed off the air.  
rkc,  I get the feeling it was a "setup," too.  This is the first time I've heard a bachelorette tell us or CH in advance who they're in love with.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:46 pm

If this isn't a setup by the producers, and Brooks comes back, I think Des should tell him to take a hike, which leaves her with no one.  What a painful waste of her time this will all have been.  I guess the "lesson" then would be to take things slow and keep your feelings to yourself, and remember that just because you get to pick the guy you want that doesn't mean he'll also pick you.

Plus, can you imagine if she would then pick Drew or Chris, and they watch the show and see that they weren't her first pick?
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:30 am

Don't you find some similarity between this and Deanna's season. She was obviously smitten with Graham. He wanted out and TPTB forced him into the RC so Deanna could send him home; thus he would not appear to be a "cad." Jesse must have known he was second choice, and we know how long that lasted. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:02 pm

I have tried to stay away from spoilers this season and don't go over to the motherboard any but CH himself has pretty much given it away during a couple of interviews recently. It seems pretty clear from what he is saying that he is leaving it open for Brooks to come back. I am a firm believer as well that if he comes back that Des doesn't have much respect for herself is she takes him back. She also shouldn't pick one of the others as a consolation prize because it wouldn't be fair to them. If it was me I would rather walk away with my head held high and my self respect then to do either of the other scenarios. She needs to just take what she can get from this season and I'm sure her dress designing will probably take off from here because now she made a name for herself. Walk away with that and find a man who loves you that you love back in the real world.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:46 pm

I can understand Brooks being confused about his feelings with how this show is done. I can understand getting caught up in the camera and all the great places they have gone. I can also see him walking away. But Des telling from early on in the show that she loves Brooks led me to think oh no I smell something wrong. I do not see how she could not see the red flags. Brooks actions did not lead me to think he was that much into her. The ratings were the lowest in all the seasons. Then we watched what happened. WOW do I not see MF hand in all this? If we ever find out this is a set up and Des and Brooks were in on it and some day the truth will come out. Then shame on all of them. I would never understand how anyone would do or could do that to anyone. If you remember when she is sitting on the dock crying she turned around and looked up it would not surprise me if she looking to see if it is time to get up. When I met my husband I was still dating a couple other guys. Once I me him I never had another date with anyone else. He left in January to go to Name and he didn't get to come till March. I did not have a ring on but I knew where my heart was so I can say I was loyal to him. I did not lead anyone on. I know how the show works but I just do not get how she acted with Drew and Chris. Drew is going to be crushed even if she should pick him and the same with Chris. I can not see how they could not think that I am only one thing and that is I am the left over. I keep praying I am wrong but I really think this a set up. I am not sure I will watch but I can say I will never watch another one. MF has stooped to low for me to watch.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Gin, there are so many reasons that this smells of a set up and here is just another one. Des has always seemed so level headed and she doesn't seem to let any one pull one over on her. Let's look back...the very first night she sent that dufus home that kept bringing up trying to get her in his fantasy suite...didn't even wait for the rose ceremony, just let him go. Good for her. When Brian got called out for having a girlfriend back home she let him go right then and there. Didn't wait, just a quick bye bye. Way to go girl. She apparently had doubts about Ben and his sincerity and let him go regardless of him trying to make her believe he was not what she was beginning to think he was. High five to her. Then James...all the bullshitting he was doing and she saw right through it and sent him packing. Way to play it girl. Now...I can not believe after all of this levelheadedness she has displayed throughout the season that she is now all the sudden blind to all the red flags where Brooks is concerned. That she can't see what is right in front of her face. That after him coming right out and telling her that he isn't in love with her that she would take him back and look like the biggest idiot to be on this show. Really? Are we supposed to believe that? Come on....   
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Yes, you are so right. She has been around the block and she can pick out the BS as fast as any of us. There are to many of us smell a dead fish. I don't mind them setting it up. What has me so upset the two nice guys getting played for fools. I know MF has no self respect for anyone and he thinks it's funny making fools out of these young men and women just as the ratings are good. You would think after Sean's good ratings season MF could have seen the big picture. I will not watch another one of his shows.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Gin, you have to keep watching so you can come on here and pick apart the show with the rest of us.Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:48 pm

And that's what has me angry about it. Two good guys get sacrificed all for MF's precious ratings. Now the previews are making more sense. All the tears and such coming from Chris and Drew. They are going to get told that Brooks left and that Des was going to choose him and they will be told I'm sure that Des wants to go home and choose no one. Then Brooks will come back with his tail between his legs and Des will throw her pride and self respect right out the door and take him back. I just hope that Chris or Drew lay into her at ATFR and make her feel bad for leading them on that way. But no...I'm sure they will be the perfect gentlemen and let her slide. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:31 pm

rkc1960 wrote:And that's what has me angry about it. Two good guys get sacrificed all for MF's precious ratings. Now the previews are making more sense. All the tears and such coming from Chris and Drew. They are going to get told that Brooks left and that Des was going to choose him and they will be told I'm sure that Des wants to go home and choose no one. Then Brooks will come back with his tail between his legs and Des will throw her pride and self respect right out the door and take him back. I just hope that Chris or Drew lay into her at ATFR and make her feel bad for leading them on that way. But no...I'm sure they will be the perfect gentlemen and let her slide. 

True not only has Chris and Drew are made a fool of but Des has really damaged her character and her reputation. I just don't understand how she could be apart of this. I could never be apart of anything like that. WTH has this country come to.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:47 pm

rkc1960 wrote:And that's what has me angry about it. Two good guys get sacrificed all for MF's precious ratings. Now the previews are making more sense. All the tears and such coming from Chris and Drew. They are going to get told that Brooks left and that Des was going to choose him and they will be told I'm sure that Des wants to go home and choose no one. Then Brooks will come back with his tail between his legs and Des will throw her pride and self respect right out the door and take him back. I just hope that Chris or Drew lay into her at ATFR and make her feel bad for leading them on that way. But no...I'm sure they will be the perfect gentlemen and let her slide. 

I think you nailed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:15 am

For Chris and/or Drew to "lay into her" at the ATFR really does no good except to allow them to "explode." This would be doubly damaging if one of them has been chosen as the next Bachelor. Assuming, of course, that Des lets both of them go in the next episode and ends up with Brooks.

If you recall Ashley's LCD with Ben, they rolled around in the mud and made it look pretty real. By that time she was completely hooked on JP and knew she would pick him as F1. Likewise Andy Baldwin's dates with Bevin; he was all over her. I believe the stringing-along which we are all so upset with has been a part of the show all along, but as time has gone on it has become more and more intense and almost unbelievable.

However, this time, MF outdid himself and may find himself with no loyal and true fans left. What comes around goes around.....

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:09 am

Newton, yes he has pulled some kinda stunt on many season. I can not see Drew or Chris going off like rockets but I do not think they will go off that much. These two guys are to much of a gentleman. I just hope they ask just one or two questions. The last one should be why did you do this and how you could you think so little of me? Do you know how low this makes you look? Wow this makes your brother looks like an angle. Then have you asked your brother how this makes you look since he flew into Sean and he attacked his character. Did you not do exactly what your brother attacked Sean for? I personally think it would be great if they refused to show up. If that happened it would speak volumes on there part. If MF gave them any trouble I would say bring it on and I will prove all of this was a set up.I do not think Des understand how this will damage her name.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Gin I think the ATFR will also be scripted even if it is being taped live they have been coached on what and what not they can say.  You are right about these two guys being gentlemen and I hope they will conduct themselves as such and not make themselves look bad.  They were made to look like fools enough on the show they don't need to carry it on in the aftermath - they need to walk away with their heads held high.  If Des does not understand how this will damage her then she is even dumber than I thought she was - it's not like she has not been acquainted with this show having already been on Sean's season as a contestant.  I do not feel sorry for her for whatever comes about after the show has ended and she should be aware of what happened after Emily's season ended.  The leads rarely escape ridicule IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:31 pm

I doubt if it will be long ATFR that these two split. I don't enjoy seeing anyone going through heartache, however, I'm going to have a really hard time feeling sorry for Des, especially in light of all that has happened with Brooks. If she takes him back,  she is fulfilling her own prophecy.....choosing the guy who never can fully loves her and then dumps her.  We saw the same scenario with Sean, now Brooks, and I will bet it was the same way with all previous guys.  She had a great opportunity this season with a couple of guys and she bypassed them to go for Brooks and be back in the same old drill.  If Des not figure out WHY she keeps doing this, she will never get her fairytale ending.

I'm sure Drew and Chris will hold their heads up high.  Des is the one who should be shameful.  We'll see.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:09 pm

What scenario with Sean? You know when people get burned I have always wondered what you did not learn from the first time? I am like you I do not nor can I say I respect her. I sure will not feel sorry for her. She could have taken a different road but chose not to and I am sure it will bday bumpy. The first time Brooks feels that bumpy road it will not shock me if goes running to mommy's. There is no doubt that Drew and Chris will be perfect gentlemen.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:21 pm

This is all assuming that Brooks is the one she chooses as the spoilers say but it ain't over until it's over and we haven't seen the ending yet.  I am still staying on a thread of hope that this time the spoilers are wrong and TPTB pulled a big one over on them.  I guess I will find out Monday night.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top