Season 23 - Week 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 23 - Week 2 Empty Season 23 - Week 2

Post by SLA44 Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:20 pm

Here is ABC's Press Release for Week 2:

The 13 Celebrities Dance to Some of the Most Beloved Television Theme Songs, on ABC’s ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ September 19

THE 13 CELEBRITIES DANCE TO SOME OF THE MOST BELOVED TELEVISION THEME SONGS FROM THE PAST AND PRESENT AS TV NIGHT COMES TO ABC’S ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS,’ SEPTEMBER 19

The First Couple Elimination of the Season Will Be Announced on
“Dancing with the Stars: The Results” on September 20

Tune-in to ‘Dancing with the Stars: The Results’ to See the Sneak Peek of
the ‘Forever Country’ Music Video, in celebration of the CMA Awards’ 50th
Anniversary, on September 20, only on ABC 

“Episode 2302” – The 13 celebrities get ready to dance to some of their favorite TV theme songs as TV Night comes to “Dancing with the Stars,” live, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network. Highlights include Maureen McCormick dancing to the “Brady Bunch Theme,” the show that catapulted her career, Marilu Henner hailing a cab down memory lane as she dances to the “Taxi Theme,” Amber Rose being drawn into a dark fantasy as she dances to the “Game of Thrones Theme,” while Rick Perry does a quickstep on the farm as he dances to the “Green Acres Theme,” and Babyface finds himself facing the paranormal as he dances to “The X-Files Theme.”

Each couple will perform a cha cha, Argentine Tango, jive, Paso Doble, tango, quickstep or Viennese Waltz, vying for America’s vote.

Each Couple Will Dance to the Following Songs (in alphabetical order):

Jake T. Austin & Jenna Johnson – cha cha – “Go, Diego, Go! Theme”         6   6   6   6  = 24 + 22    =  46

Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds & Allison Holker – Argentine Tango – “The X-Files Theme”   8  7  7  8 = 30 + 26  = 56

Marilu Henner & Derek Hough – foxtrot – “Taxi Theme”                            7  8  7   7  = 29  +  27  =   56

Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – jive – “Ducktails”                  8  8  8  8 = 32  +  31  =   63

James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess – Paso Doble – ”A Tribute to Walking Dead”    7  7  7  8  =  29  +  31  =  60

Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold – foxtrot – “Family Matters Theme”     7  7  7  7  =  28  +  26  =  54

Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber – quickstep – “Bewitched”                 8  7  8  8  =  31  +  25  =  56

Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko – tango – “I Don’t Want to Be” from “One Tree Hill”   7  8  7  7  =  29  +  27  =  56

Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke – quickstep – “The Muppet Show Theme”        6  6  6  6  =  24  +  24  =  48

Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev – quickstep – “Brady Bunch Theme”    7  6  6  7  =  26  +  22  =  48

Rick Perry & Emma Slater – quickstep – “Green Acres Theme”      6  5  6  5  =  22  +   20  =  42

Amber Rose & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Viennese Waltz – “Game of Thrones Theme”     6  6  6  6  =  24  +  24  =  48

Vanilla Ice (Robert Van Winkle) & Witney Carson – foxtrot – “Love and Marriage” from “Married…with Children”    6  7  6  7  =  26  +  25  =  51

No couples will be eliminated on this episode.

“Episode 2302A” – The first elimination of the season will take place on ”Dancing with the Stars: The Results,” live, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network. There will be special performances with our three returning pros – Maks, Derek and Cheryl.  Viewers will also have a chance to see the couples’ dances from the previous night one more time. The show will be packed with never-before-seen footage covering both weeks of competition, including extended training packages, exclusive interviews with the couples, and a glimpse of what’s to come on week three of “Dancing with the Stars.”

In addition, a sneak peek of the “Forever Country” music video, featuring 30 CMA Award-winning superstars joining together for the biggest video in country music history singing the timeless collaboration to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the “CMA Awards,” will air during the telecast. And don¹t miss ”The 50th Annual CMA Awards,” Wednesday, November 2 at 8|7c on ABC.

At the end of the night, the first elimination of the season, based on combined viewer and judges’ scores from September 12 and 19, will take place.
Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews (sports host and ”Dancing with the Stars” season 10 finalist), “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough.

For week two, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday night during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at [url=http://www.abc.com/ /t _blank][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Facebook at [url=https://apps.facebook.com/votedwts/ /t _blank][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] open for 24 hours, beginning from the start of each episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT and closing at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday evenings.

“Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Rob Wade, Ashley Edens-Shaffer and Joe Sungkur are executive producers. Phil Heyes directs. “Dancing with the Stars” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG, L parental guideline.

About BBC Worldwide Productions

BBC Worldwide Productions is a key business under BBC Worldwide North America, the U.S. division of the main commercial arm and wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), BBC Worldwide.  Based in Los Angeles, BBC Worldwide Productions develops and produces scripted and unscripted projects based on BBC formats/brands for cable and broadcast networks, as well as digital platforms. Key titles include “Dancing with the Stars” (ABC), “Getting On” (HBO), “Top Gear” (History), the limited series “The Night Of” (HBO) and the upcoming game show, “Hypnotize Me”(FOX).

ABC Media Relations

George Zaralidis
(818) 460-7920
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amber Brockman
(818) 460-7093

Nate Reeves
(818) 460-6422

Jeff Fordis
(818) 460-6676

Downloadable HD video clips will be posted to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] approximately 9:00 p.m.PDT.

Photography will be available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at [url=tel:(818) 460-6611](818) 460-6611[/url].

Share: http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/?p=259096

Facebook[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Twitter: @DancingABC, #DWTS

Instagram: @DancingABC

Vine: @DancingABC @ABC_Publicity

Last edited by SLA44 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added tonight's scores combined with last week's totals to give combined total for tomorrow night's elimination.)
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 23 - Week 2 Empty Re: Season 23 - Week 2

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Thanks for posting this.  Can I just say I am dreading Allison's AT with Babyface?  The X-Files theme is weird enough as it is, and Allison is no Derek.  His Psycho tango was amazing.  I don't think Allison has the chops to pull off an X-Files AT. 

Lots of quicksteps.  Not expecting much from Rick Perry with the Theme from Green Acres, although for some reason I think it fits him??  Naturally Marilu and Maureen get the themes from their shows.  That's fine with me.  I think those will be fun. 

I think I am most looking forward to seeing Ryan Lochte quickstep to the theme from The Muppets, although I think it's really too slow for a quickstep??  And want to see James' Paso Doble to the Walking Dead theme.  Wonder if Sharna will have them dressed up like zombies or characters or maybe one's a zombie and one's a character?  I don't know, but I'm looking forward to those two.

Also looking forward to seeing Laurie Hernandez do a jive, but I have no idea what the theme to Ducktails sounds like.    Ditto with some of those others.  I may be the only person on the planet who has never seen Game of Thrones and has no idea what their theme song sounds like either.

Did you guys hear about the "scandal" with James Hinchcliffe?  I didn't know he's Canadian, but apparently he is, and he was tweeting out how Canadians could vote for him even though they can't see the show.  According to the article I saw, the show told him to take it down, and he has.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:42 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:Thanks for posting this.  Can I just say I am dreading Allison's AT with Babyface?  The X-Files theme is weird enough as it is, and Allison is no Derek.  His Psycho tango was amazing.  I don't think Allison has the chops to pull off an X-Files AT. 

Lots of quicksteps.  Not expecting much from Rick Perry with the Theme from Green Acres, although for some reason I think it fits him??  Naturally Marilu and Maureen get the themes from their shows.  That's fine with me.  I think those will be fun. 

I think I am most looking forward to seeing Ryan Lochte quickstep to the theme from The Muppets, although I think it's really too slow for a quickstep??  And want to see James' Paso Doble to the Walking Dead theme.  Wonder if Sharna will have them dressed up like zombies or characters or maybe one's a zombie and one's a character?  I don't know, but I'm looking forward to those two.

Also looking forward to seeing Laurie Hernandez do a jive, but I have no idea what the theme to Ducktails sounds like.    Ditto with some of those others.  I may be the only person on the planet who has never seen Game of Thrones and has no idea what their theme song sounds like either.

Did you guys hear about the "scandal" with James Hinchcliffe?  I didn't know he's Canadian, but apparently he is, and he was tweeting out how Canadians could vote for him even though they can't see the show.  According to the article I saw, the show told him to take it down, and he has.
I'm Canadian like James and I follow him on Twitter. Never saw any voting instructions specifically aimed at disenfranchised Canadians from him. By the way, DWTS is broadcast on a Canadian network, CTV2 so we can certainly watch it. Additionally it is available in my cable package on two different American station feeds. For international viewers to vote they would have to have a VPN. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:09 pm

Did a quick search on the Hinch issue. It was an Indy Car tweet on their Twitter that basically told people to get a VPN so they could vote. Not a tweet from James. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:12 pm

Thanks for the info.  Glad to hear it wasn't from him.  First article I saw was very short on details, so I probably misinterpreted what I was reading.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Just saw this article - looks like DWTS has beefed up their security after last week's incident:

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Thank you for posting this link LM ~ after the bombs in NY and NJ this last weekend you never know what someone is going to do.  It is just down right scary!

About Allison's AT tonight I'm sure I'm going to feel sorry for Babyface again.  He looked a bit frustrated to me a few times last week when she was dancing circles around him I was wondering what he was thinking.  Of course maybe he wasn't looking frustrated at all and it was just me seeing something that I was feeling.   Confused
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:09 am

I added tonight's scores combined with last week's total to the press release posted at the top of this thread.  So the standings after the judges scores going into the elimination tomorrow night are:
 1.  Laurie & Val               63
 2.  James & Sharna        60
 3.  Marilu & Derek          56
     Babyface & Allison     56
      Terra & Sasha           56
       Jana & Gleb              56
 7.  Calvin & Lindsay         54
  8. Vanilla Ice & Whiitney   51
 9.  Ryan & Cheryl             48
      Maureen & Artem       48
      Amber Rose & Maks    48
12.  Jake & Jenna              46
13.  Rick & Emma                42

Last edited by SLA44 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:23 am

Thanks for those combined totals, SLA.  It's hard for me to imagine Rick Perry getting enough votes to overcome anyone, so I'm cautiously optimistic he's the one going home tonight.  Works for me. 

I must admit I don't see things quite the same way the judges do.  I was surprised to see Babyface in a 3-way tie for 4th with Terra and Jana.  To me Jana is the far superior dancer to the other two.  I did not really care for Allison's AT last night.  Laurie was terrific again.  James did suffer a bit from the lack of practice, but I thought parts of it were really good and strong and other parts not so much.  Overall, though, I liked Sharna's choreography, and James is a fun personality.  I thought Ryan did better than the judges did - I wasn't sure quite what they were talking about.  Vanilla Ice was surprisingly good.  I wasn't expecting him to do as well with a more traditional ballroom dance.  But he handled the foxtrot better than I expected.

Overall, I enjoyed the evening.  I still think Laurie or James will win, but several of them at this point seem to have the potential to upset that - Calvin, Jana, Ryan and Vanilla Ice come to mind.  Maybe a couple of the others as well.  Hard to say but it will be interesting to see how things shake out over the next few weeks.

I'm looking forward to tonight's show.  If they follow through with their tease about us getting to see more rehearsal footage, backstage moments, etc., it'll be worth the 2 hours.  I miss not seeing that much any more.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:47 am

While I would have preferred to see Rick Perry go (and to be honest it's more because I can't stand his politics  - he seems innocuous enough on the show), I can't argue with it being Jake either.  I hope Jenna gets another chance as a pro.  She's a fabulous dancer, and I think she'd make a good pro as she gains experience.

Otherwise, it was an enjoyable evening.  I did love seeing the behind-the-scenes stuff, and I am always amazed when they show us the dances, and we find out how much coaching is really going on during the dance.  I could have done without all the musical guests, but it gave us a chance to see the pros dancing, so I don't really want to complain too much about that.  I would watch this show just to see all pro dances.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:23 pm

I was glad that it was Jake rather than Rick ~ I find him a very fun person to watch and he had me laughing out loud last night at the joy and happiness he showed when he was declared safe.  I would prefer to keep politics out of this as it is a dance contest and while Rick isn't the best dancer by far I find him one of the most entertaining to watch.  I found Jake boring and he was my choice to leave and it would have been Maureen but she was not so out of control Monday night as she was last week. JMO.

I also liked to seeing more about the contestants lives outside the show.  I did get a better feel for what kind of people the contestants are when they were showing Ryan off the stage and the support he got from the other contestants.  I found that very uplifting as I'm sure Ryan and Cheryl did as well.

I thought Maks really looked good last night - IMO he looks much better with a clean shaven face.  He just doesn't look as good on the dance floor as he did to me before and I'm sure the partner is the problem there.  With Meryl he owned the floor and with Amber Rose he looks like just another dancer out there trying to get through a number.  I'm kind of sorry he came back as I would rather remember him and the fantastic dances he did with Meryl.  The VW he did with Amber really was a let down to me compared to the one he did with Meryl.  Maybe the music had something to do with it but the one with Meryl they scored straight 10's and with Amber they scored straight 6's.

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:40 am

What happened to my post?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:22 am

singlyme wrote:What happened to my post?
I don't know singlyme - can you post it again?  I've been without internet the last two days and this is the first I've been on the board since Wednesday night.

Did you see that it posted after you sent it?  I've found that it doesn't always transmit so now I always check to make sure it posted okay.  It may be a glitch with the board - it seems to have a mind of it's on sometimes but TBH I think I hit the home button instead of the send button.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:35 am

You could be right about my post, SLA.  But we'll have to disagree about Rick Perry.  Neither his dancing nor his personality is appealing to me.  But the kid who went home deserved it. 

While it's obvious Laurie is running away with the show, the others are worth watching.  I was pleasantly surprised by the little woman.  She's quite the dancer.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:10 pm

It's okay to disagree about the contestants but at least we agreed  with the one that went home and I do think it will probably be Rick this next week.  I enjoy him and Emma because they make me smile and laugh that is just me. 

I also agree that Laurie seems to be running away with the show right now but there is still a lot of dances to come and there are some others that are good and I think will only improve with each week.  So far I think this has been a good start for the season.  So far I'm not impressed though with Maks and I think that has a lot to do with his partner - there doesn't seem to be a good connection with them to me.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top