Episode 8 - 7/15 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 8 - 7/15 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 8 - 7/15 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:43 pm

I think we all pretty much agree that Drew was raised in a family where a great amount of attention was put on the handicapped sister for many years and the possible neglect of his biological father.  I also think it's pretty apparent that he has not had a lot of experience in the dating/romance department (which by the way, is not wrong).  He probably took on a lot more responsibilities than most young people would today, taking up a great deal of his time.  He has not really had that chance to explore who he is or spread his wings.  I do not think that his coming on the bachlorette was a wise decision for him.  With the little experience he has, when and if Des lets him go, it will be excruciating.  (It's hurtful enough for a guy who has been in the dating world).  

I think Drew is head over heels with the "idea" of being in love with Des.  He is smitten with her and for him it's the real deal.   I just see him as being very emotionally immature when it comes to relationship.  

Week after week the only thing we have heard about from Drew is his family situation.  It was the same way with AshLee.  I don't mean to sound heartless, but I wonder why the producers think that we want to keep hearing these sob stories every single episode?  I also don't believe this show is the best place for some of these contestants to spread their wings.  

From what I have been reading, some feel Drew is being set up for the next bach???  I can't even imagine that.  He is a young man who needs to get out in the world and NOT through the bach bubble.  

IDK....just seems that they are choosing more and more contestants that have major issues, complainers, backstabbers, and in general, just don't seem very happy with life.    I would like to see more guys like Zak, Chris, Chris Lambton, JP, Roberto, and my all time favorite Ryan Bowers.   Same with the females.  

I used to really look forward to Monday nights and watching the bach, but now I really don't care much if I see it or not.

Back to top Go down

Episode 8 - 7/15 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 8 - 7/15 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:38 pm

sdreindeer wrote:I think we all pretty much agree that Drew was raised in a family where a great amount of attention was put on the handicapped sister for many years and the possible neglect of his biological father.  I also think it's pretty apparent that he has not had a lot of experience in the dating/romance department (which by the way, is not wrong).  He probably took on a lot more responsibilities than most young people would today, taking up a great deal of his time.  He has not really had that chance to explore who he is or spread his wings.  I do not think that his coming on the bachlorette was a wise decision for him.  With the little experience he has, when and if Des lets him go, it will be excruciating.  (It's hurtful enough for a guy who has been in the dating world).  

I think Drew is head over heels with the "idea" of being in love with Des.  He is smitten with her and for him it's the real deal.   I just see him as being very emotionally immature when it comes to relationship.  

^^^YES^^^

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Rein I am really getting quite tired of this show and am having a hard time keeping focused on it when it does come on.  I am very tired of all the sad sob stories and the fake drama.  The only home date that I enjoyed from start to finish Monday night was Zak's and now he is gone.  I thought the family portion  of Chris' was terrible and that TPTB did that on purpose to get people going on haw awful his family and mainly his father was.  Drew's HTD was again centered around his sister and family problems.  It seems that Brooks is unable to make up his own mind and at 28 still needs his family's help to make a decision - SMH.  I'm about through with this franchise - it just keeps getting worse and worse. Yuck
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:05 pm

LOL I thought it was my simple mind being tired of the same line after the same awesome line after the same awesome BS and the awesome no shovel. Now do not forget the awesome drama we have seen.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:27 am

gin, you have me chuckling over the word "awe-some"  Does the word mean one is feeling only "some" awe - but the situation is not spectacular enough to be awe-inspiring?  LOL

I wonder what the next catch word will be.  It seems only "cool" and "neat" have hung on.  I think "cool" began sometime in the late 50's if I recall correctly.  Beatniks came before Hippies, remember?  I think a couple of you are as old as me.  We had "radical" or "rad," "boss."  "Bad," which meant good.  Can you think of any other words that meant something good, spectacular, "awesome" or wonderful?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:53 am

"Amazing" comes to mind as another word we hear a lot on Bach.

Singly - I can't remember any catch words we had when I was in college or even beyond. We spoke in plain English. LOL. And I suspect I'm older than you.........

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:52 am

Yes we spoke English. Our teachers or our parents would have come unglued and no telling how many essays we would have had to written about proper English and slang should never be used.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top