The Hinchburg Chronicles

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 23 Empty Re: The Hinchburg Chronicles

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:50 pm

Hope to see these two with the bigger version soon!

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 23 P_txt10The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 23 Watch?v=6f5ex4ofj7o
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:51 pm

OMG--check out the DWTS Instagram.  There is a James and Sharna video that is set up like a comic scrapbook with a brief look at their journey together.  It's so cute!   Very Happy

There is one eye-rolling moment when the video's text says "The judges seem to like you a lot. . ." and then shows an audio of Carrie Ann saying "10!"   Rolling Eyes

Last edited by suebob16 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:56 pm

I was just on DWTS Facebook page and now they have the Laurie/Chmerkovskiy trio up. They put all the individual dances up EXCEPT James' and Sharna's. Fishy, fishy, fishy and I'm mad.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:55 am

Don't worry too much. Many people will probably smell the rat and watch it elsewhere.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:09 am

by Miriam (@wittersfan), who has also done portraits of the other finalists
The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 23 CxqHFJfVEAAEXDJ

A beautiful fan video that depicts James' and Sharna's journey.  Great job of melding rehearsal footage into the actual performance.

UPDATE:  Unfortunately the video by Sharna Squad was removed--I'm guessing for copyright reasons.  Hope you had a chance to see it.  Maybe it will come back later.

Fireworks

Last edited by suebob16 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:13 am

Thanks sue, great stuff again.

James and Sharna will win!

We have a winner Applause Bow  
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:50 am

I can't get onto the DWTS fb page whatever I try, but shouldn't there be loads of complaints forcing them to upload the AT?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:59 am

Well I've been beating that drum, bro, and many agree and comment but FB moves so fast that your comment ends up way down the list very quickly. Plus, DWTS doesn't allow any direct comments on any subject so to comment on anything you have to piggyback on any given video they choose to put up.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:06 pm

[size=16][color=#3333cc]Thanks for the memories, James and Sharna. What fun and enjoyment you two have given me this season. I wish you a shiny Mirror Ball

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 23 Img_0329
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:08 pm

DWTS not allowing direct comments, as you say, was probably the main reason for closing down the old board, I guess. They will never learn to deal with criticism.
This should not stop James and Sharna!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:38 pm

suebob16 wrote:OMG--check out the DWTS Instagram.  There is a James and Sharna video that is set up like a comic scrapbook with a brief look at their journey together.  It's so cute!   Very Happy

There is one eye-rolling moment when the video's text says "The judges seem to like you a lot. . ." and then shows an audio of Carrie Ann saying "10!"   Rolling Eyes
It's cute indeed, and mentioning their very special friendship and sense of humour was spot on. Had that been produced in Europe, I would have taken the CA sequence for sarcasm. But that has never been the producers' strong suit...
I love it anyway. Will watch the fan video later. Both already downloaded with backup copies on my external DWTS-SCD harddisc like anything anyone ever uploaded about Sharna. Crazy? Me? Who said that? Shocked
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:08 pm

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 23 15048010
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Laughing James you're a hoot!!   Jenna you're so cute!! Take a bow    Sharna your hair is really red!!  Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:40 pm

I like to call Sharna's hair colour mahogany. She wears it well, millions couldn't. 

Didn't Calvin say of James, "We laugh all the time with this clown around"?
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Whatever color it is, she does wear it well. She definitely stands out from the others. Beautiful  inside and out our lovely lady Sharna!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:16 pm

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 23 Hqdefault

From their recent 11/17 FB chat.  A cute moment with James and Sharna, followed by their effort to keep it from getting too sappy.   Very Happy

Sharna:  I've said to James throughout this week that I'm sad that this is it.  I'm sad that I'm not going to get to teach you every day and laugh with you every day--and just have fun.  I've genuinely had the season of my life.  It's been amazing.

James:  Thank you.  That's very sweet of you to say.  

Sharna:  (very quietly) Thank you. . .I know.

James:  (mock sincerity) It's been my favorite season of Dancing With The Stars too (he starts to snicker partially off camera).

Sharna:  (muttering but laughing) I so hate you. . . (while James continues to snicker)

James:  No. . .you're the best (followed by both of them sticking out their tongues and making a noise).   Very Happy  

Giggle
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:20 pm

They are so not pathetic, melodramatic, tear-jerking, hysterical, and hypocritical- in one word: fake; and that's why they may lack the qualification to win in the eyes of certain TV-producers. Plus they dance too good and are threatening the chosen candidate.
They are so truly emotional, warm-hearted, funny, cool, grounded, and connected- in one word: real; and that's why they are winners in the eyes of those who can still sense if real life and not another soap opera is happening in front of them.
The most memorable partnerships on this show are not necessarily those that won a trophy (though some actually managed to win against the odds), but those that showed true affection and respect for each other. Those with a journey you wouldn't want to miss a single moment of. Those that went through thick and thin and grew together. Those you and me could identify ourselves with. Like James and Sharna.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:50 pm

This is interesting and I hope predictive. James is hugely ahead.http://www.goldderby.com/article/2016/dancing-with-the-stars-season-23-poll-laurie-hernandez-james-hinchcliffe-dwts/
This is the one with James way out in front. Sorry about the other although James lis favoured by 47% in that one to L's 43%.
http://cartermatt.com/230783/dancing-stars-23-finale-rankings-will-james-hinchcliffe-laurie-hernandez-win/
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:31 pm

I've studied a lot of the comments there. Not many are falling for the sobbing teenager(a Bindi clone so to speak) they turned poor Laurie into for ratings sake. Quite a few point out though that dancing is not really challenging for her. A lot resonate with James because of his personality and the fact he actually started from scratch. Neither Calvin nor Jenna are seriously considered. The race is on. Hinch takes the lead.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:42 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:They are so not pathetic, melodramatic, tear-jerking, hysterical, and hypocritical- in one word: fake; and that's why they may lack the qualification to win in the eyes of certain TV-producers. Plus they dance too good and are threatening the chosen candidate.
They are so truly emotional, warm-hearted, funny, cool, grounded, and connected- in one word: real; and that's why they are winners in the eyes of those who can still sense if real life and not another soap opera is happening in front of them.
The most memorable partnerships on this show are not necessarily those that won a trophy (though some actually managed to win against the odds), but those that showed true affection and respect for each other. Those with a journey you wouldn't want to miss a single moment of. Those that went through thick and thin and grew together. Those you and me could identify ourselves with. Like James and Sharna.
Those edited show packages tried to go for the melodramatic during Sharna's injury and gave shippers food for thought as well.  I'll admit I did not like seeing that direction, and thankfully it didn't last too long.

The Facebook chats were where we got to see their partnership develop behind the scenes.  I think James and Sharna may have done more chats than any other DWTS team, and it worked because of their shared sense of humor and work ethic.  They really enjoyed working together towards their goal.  I've frequently gone back to watching those videos because it's been so fun watching them talk and making each other laugh.  I'm going to miss that camaraderie.

Yay!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Sharna's Instagram pic of she and James sharing a laugh as always.

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 23 Cxo94eBUcAEA14x

[*]Sharna's Instagram
[*]sharnaburgess@hinchtown they say a picture speaks a thousand words, and this one for me says it all. It might be the best description of our journey and our friendship. I have laughed out loud every day since we met, I've cried with tears of laughter, fallen over with fits of laughter, and laughed our way through every adversity. To say the least this season has been unforgettable. I'm proud we made it here but also sad it's nearly over. Let's have a blast tomorrow babe, no matter what happens let's enjoy every moment and laugh like we always do. ❤️#teamstopandgo

[*]https://www.instagram.com/p/BNDVSSYjUXs/?taken-by=sharnaburgess

JAMES AND SHARNA WILL WIN!     We have a winner
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:54 am

suebob16 wrote:

Those edited show packages tried to go for the melodramatic during Sharna's injury and gave shippers food for thought as well.  I'll admit I did not like seeing that direction, and thankfully it didn't last too long.

The Facebook chats were where we got to see their partnership develop behind the scenes.  I think James and Sharna may have done more chats than any other DWTS team, and it worked because of their shared sense of humor and work ethic.  They really enjoyed working together towards their goal.  I've frequently gone back to watching those videos because it's been so fun watching them talk and making each other laugh.  I'm going to miss that camaraderie.

Yay!
Only a fool could overlook the fact these packages are heavily post-produced; that much is true. It still hurt me to see Sharna crying, and I'm not ashamed to admit that. I also felt really sorry for Laurie when they couldn't take the cameras off her face once the tears were rolling. They always do that, and on MMY-night it has almost become an obligation to do a little sobbing. James is not that type of guy, so they had to focus on Sharna to get what they're after. James and Calvin may be the only ones going the full distance without a single Kleenex.
Oddly enough, while this could almost turn one into a cynic, there are moments when they still manage to get you with their melodramatic stuff one way or another. None of us has a heart of stone.

Last edited by DeadManDancing on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:21 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I've studied a lot of the comments there. Not many are falling for the sobbing teenager(a Bindi clone so to speak) they turned poor Laurie into for ratings sake. Quite a few point out though that dancing is not really challenging for her.
I was more disgusted than moved by her tears this week.  Not disgusted by her, just disgusted by how the show pulled a clip from weeks before to make it look like the grandmother was wishing her well from the grave.  And the whole manipulation of her grief -- only telling her at a moment in the week when her reaction could be captured on film?  Pretty disgusting. 

Also... there is nothing unusual about a teenager losing a beloved grandparent.  Most of us lose our grandparents  before we become adults.  So what we saw was an inevitable loss for which we all feel for her but it was in the nature of sad, not tragic.

Furthermore, how many of her packages had crying in them this season?  If it wasn't her, it was Val.  Audiences lose responsiveness after the first or second time.  So we may have been more responsive to this manipulation if it had been the first time we saw her crying, but as it was, we were kind of immune to it.

The nature of Bindi's tears were so different that I doubt we will ever see that kind of thing again.  Therapeutic catharsis tears after ten years of being bottled up have an entirely different effect on audiences than fresh grief.  The producers ought to know that and not try to replicate it with phony stuff.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Okay, scouting report. It looks good right now. The DWTS Facebook page is running heavily in favour of Hinch and Sharna. The DWTS Facebook groups I belong to are also favouring #TeamStopAndGo. Got a couple more places to visit and then I'll update.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Psychee22 wrote:...

The nature of Bindi's tears were so different that I doubt we will ever see that kind of thing again.  Therapeutic catharsis tears after ten years of being bottled up have an entirely different effect on audiences than fresh grief.  The producers ought to know that and not try to replicate it with phony stuff.

Looking back at it, I'm not happy with the Bindi-related term I used, so I'm glad you took it as I meant it: not as a personal offense, but another example for the producers manipulative and abusive use of other peoples' privacy- where we are pretty much on the same page. Now even if Bindi's situation was different (I get that), there were moments when I felt tactful people would have turned off the cameras. But our TPTB are of course nothing like that.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum