The Hinchburg Chronicles

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 9 Empty Re: The Hinchburg Chronicles

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:55 pm

Absolutely loved the dance.

Holy carp James, that was some horrible accident and injury. Glad you're doing as well as you are!
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:17 pm

Going to have to watch this dance again......there seemed a lot going on for a Tango and I just lost focus on it,  or maybe it was that third glass of wine Wine Wine Wine

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:23 am

Sharna taught James well. Applause  Boo to Julianne!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:42 am

Babs2147 wrote:Sharna taught James well. Applause  Boo to Julianne!

If, as a judge,  you want to give James an extra bit of wisdom so that he dances even more perfectly in the future, how do you do that without giving him a 9 in the process? 

Anyway... LOVED this dance.  Love this team.   I think DMD will be pleased at this outcome, too! 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:33 am

OMG I was blown away!  James and Sharna are just fantastic together.  I agree Sharna has taught James well.  I love the little things he does in his dancing like the brief moments when he is holding his arm/arms just behind his back.  I'm sure it's to help his shoulders and posture, but he seems natural doing it and it looks good.  In general most teams get into a hold position pretty quickly, so it seems unique that James and Sharna quietly pause and take a moment to get into a hold position before moving on.  I don't know if it's because of the music used, but I wonder if this approach will also become a part of any of their future dances .  They paused in the foxtrot and now in the tango.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:17 am

And Bruno talked about how very effective those stops and pauses were in the dance. I think he said something like each stop was in precisely the right spot for the tango.

It is hard to reconcile this awesome dancer with the broken body pulled from his wreck of a race car nearly dead only 18 months ago. Three complete blood transfusions and flat lined in the ambulance. Doctor gave him zero chance of survival. But James got himself back behind the steering wheel and just for fun decided to tackle dancing. Amazing is so overused but I have to use it for James, he IS AMAZING. (My editor is missing in action so I can't bold anything, have to use capitals for emphasis).

The MBT tide may well have shifted direction from a sure and easy Laurie win to Mr. Amazing and his lovely, talented teacher/coach Sharna. I do hope so.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:39 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
Babs2147 wrote:Sharna taught James well. Applause  Boo to Julianne!

If, as a judge,  you want to give James an extra bit of wisdom so that he dances even more perfectly in the future, how do you do that without giving him a 9 in the process? 

Anyway... LOVED this dance.  Love this team.   I think DMD will be pleased at this outcome, too! 
'Pleased' doesn't really describe it. Of course I had to watch this dance first; the rest will come later. What a creation. I saw a little bit of Hough in that, blended with touches of Chmerkovskiy, and a whole lot of Sharna's own magic. What I mean is that it had the same level of intensity as the Tangos by Meryl and Maks, Nastia and Derek.
Now since I couldn't find a video including the judges comments yet, could someone help me out and explain what Julianne had to criticise? Or do you think I don't even want to know?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:49 pm

Try this link for all the videos:

http://www.idolxfactor.com/dwts-season-23--most-memorable-night-.html
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:54 pm

Basically she was saying he moved to small. He needs to extend his reach more. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:57 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Basically she was saying he moved to small. He needs to extend his reach more. 

But wasn't she also saying that what he was doing was fine, but to be extraordinary, he just needed to extend just a teeny tiny bit more to own the dance and then he would get a 10 from her?  I just got the feeling that she was trying to perfect him, not criticize him.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:08 pm

More or less what she already told him about his Paso, right?

ETA: thanks for the link, Psychee!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
kincaid53 wrote:Basically she was saying he moved to small. He needs to extend his reach more. 

But wasn't she also saying that what he was doing was fine, but to be extraordinary, he just needed to extend just a teeny tiny bit more to own the dance and then he would get a 10 from her?  I just got the feeling that she was trying to perfect him, not criticize him.
After listening to her comment, I tend to agree. 'Close to being unbeatable' doesn't sound too picky.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Well I got the feeling that it was Julianne being Julianne, being the "tough judge". Posturing, in my opinion.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Lesallee wrote:Well I got the feeling that it was Julianne being Julianne, being the "tough judge". Posturing, in my opinion.

I think she would like to see him win, to tell you the truth.  James is friends with Helio, and Julianne loves Helio.   So I think she might be extra diligent about scoring him. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:16 pm

She may well wish James to win but I still think she was putting on her tough judge act.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:19 pm

I'm not sure that I saw the video in the other link yet, so just in case try this one too.  I apologize if the video is already there.  (Update:  SORRY--I was looking at the link on Chrome and for some reason it wasn't showing up.  It does appear on Firefox).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxDP4cEDkN4&index=98&list=PLBAE1F9C9B85D4E41

The music track will be partially off (probably for copyright reasons), but you will get the the audio of the judges comments. (I don't think this channel is officially James').

My take on Julianne's comment was that she was telling James to extend himself further in his upper body/hip action movement--that she felt she wasn't seeing it yet.  James is probably going to need that advice for his future Latin dances, so it was okay as a tip, but I wish Julianne could have gone the extra mile and give their tango a 10 anyway.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:13 pm

If you want to see some of the exercises James used to get back on his feet, check out these videos.  He was already in good shape before his accident, but I think he physically became even better and stronger afterwards.  No wonder he picked up dancing so well!  

Yay!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:03 pm

Psychee22 wrote:

Well it gave her that teeny tiny edge not to give him a 10 No

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:02 pm

kincaid53 wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:

Well it gave her that teeny tiny edge not to give him a 10 No

And of course Julianne gave Marilu and Derek a nine also. So she is saying those two dances were performed on the same level. Umm no, while I loved Marilu's dance it was NOT of the calibre of James. She simply should have given James and Sharna a 10. She could have thrown in her little pearl of dancing wisdom at the same time. It was nit picking, plain and simple.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Indeed     Watched the dance again and was blown away........no one elses dance even came close to James and Sharna........JH you can stand up and try to defend your comment and continue to say but your unbeatable but for a little smidgen of an arm extention all you want.....you were wrong!!!   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:57 pm

suebob16 wrote:If you want to see some of the exercises James used to get back on his feet, check out these videos.  He was already in good shape before his accident, but I think he physically became even better and stronger afterwards.  No wonder he picked up dancing so well!  

Yay!

This is something to watch just to get an idea of the fight that lives inside James and the sheer guts and courage. Thanks for this.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:35 pm

James and Sharna have the only rumba next week to Need the Sun to Break - James Bay. I am anticipating something glorious. Two beautiful people doing the dance of love. Wow!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:21 pm

After seeing where the impaling went in and where it came out, I'm rather wondering how it missed the precious equipment in between.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:39 pm

James was teased about what could have happened in a radio interview.  He assures them that the equipment is fine.  Smile

Wow, they are getting the first rumba of the season and the only one for next week.  The song is new to me, and tbh I'm not in love with it.  I wish they could have had a song similar to the "Perhaps" song that Rumer and Val had.  Rumer and Val received 10's--and 10's are usually hard to get on rumbas--so I hope Sharna creates a really great one.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:54 pm

We just have to believe in Sharna's awesome choreography skills and James' ability to absorb Sharna's teaching and then dance his butt off. It's been a winning combo so far!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum