The Hinchburg Chronicles

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Hinchburg Chronicles

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:52 pm

Thought I'd give my team a push. Week five already, and apart from the ChaCha, no Latin Dance for James and Sharna so far. Tango is next. A bit strange imo.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:05 pm

A lot of people say James resembles a young Bob Saget. I can see similaritues, anyone else?

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 8 Images14
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:01 pm

For me it's not about resemblance. It's all about his own personality with more layers to discover. Time for the Latin lover.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:34 pm

I've read a bit of concern from others about James getting so many of the ballroom dances first.  Those have been the ones he has been the best at so far.  Once he hits the Latin ones he may have more issues that the judges can nitpick at.  It might make a difference in how he finishes.  James is going to have to do his best to kill the Latin dances. 

I'm looking forward to his Tango with Sharna on Monday.  Their song is not one I'm familiar with, but it seems to have a similar vibe to the one that Meryl and Maks used for their Tango.  Maybe it's a good sign.  I'm also thinking if he and Sharna later get jazz or contemporary, that would be another one that they could do well in.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Good points, suebob. I don't think James will struggle with the Latin dances though. Most good pros including Sharna integrate certain movements at an early stage of rehearsals without telling their students which dance style they are actually required for. So when e.g. the Samba is required, the basic technique is already there and the focus is on choreography. Doesn't always work, of course, but in case of James I'm confident. The Tango  should go well; he can make use of what he learned for Quickstep and Foxtrot (hold and posture), and combine it with the sharp, expressive movements of the Paso.
I really hope and pray this time Sharna's chance to win isn't spoiled by one or more overly picky or biased judges. Carrie Ann did that to her with Nick Carter, and when they finally won her over, it was too late.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:26 pm

James and Sharna did a short interview with Entertainment Tonight showing a brief moment of them working on the Tango, and it does look very promising. According to ET Sharna believes they have a really good chance to make the finals but admits that their biggest hurdle is Laurie Hernandez.

I used the word nitpick because I wouldn't be surprised if the judges do get overly picky--not drastically downgrade them but keep them just short of taking the lead.  Although with the competitive mindset that James has, it could work to his advantage.

Last edited by suebob16 on Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:33 pm

Every driver knows it's strategy that wins the race. Don't waste fuel or burn your tires during the first few laps.
If I were James, I'd be worried about Laurie, too. In the eyes of the judges, she may have become this season's Bindi already. She's really darn good, and Val is doing great so far. Oh my.
You know, sometimes I wish Sharna wouldn't take anything from the judges as calm and gentle as she does, but start firing back. She has done it in defense of  others- especially Peta- but never for herself and her own partner.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:58 pm

No, I don't think Laurie has come even close to being "This year's Bindi".   The problem with Laurie is that we hardly ever hear her talk.  I haven't got a clue about who she is apart from her gymnastics.  So although we can all credit her with being "cute" and "accomplished", that connection to who she is as a PERSON has not yet been made.  If anything, James is ahead of her on that score. Thus far, he seems to be the one who is universally loved. Folks are feeling emotionally connected to him because of his fantastic humor.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Just to nitpick a tad, Psychee, Brother DMD specifically said "in the eyes of the judges, she may have become this season's Bindi already". And I tend to agree with him as that does seem to be the way the judging wind is blowing.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Psychee, I want to be very precise about this so you don't get me wrong- especially since you are probably the biggest Bindi fan around. Looking back at it, I have no problem to admit she improved and matured during the season. I am now able to watch and enjoy some of her performances (not all of them though). If you have doubts that Laurie can keep up with her in that department, I'm totally with you.
My remark was a metaphor for a fatal tendency the judges were showing, and not for the first time that season. At some point, they pick their favorite and everyone else can dance their butts off, but never get close. I might as well have called Laurie this season's Nicole; just Bindi is closer to her agewise. And it's a mere coincidence that Derek was the pro in both cases!!
Now what does that mean for James? The perfect score has been unleashed for Laurie while he gets deducted points from JH and CA for a mistake that not even eagle-eye Bruno noticed! How would they even be able to detect a misstep in a Jazz routine like Laurie's that Val designed so cleverly? I smell a rat, and I hope I'm wrong. All that James and Sharna can do is keep wowing the audience and ignore silly comments.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Tomorrow is crucial for Team StopAnd Go. I sure hope that tango knocks the judges eyes right out. From reports I've read, rehearsal footage shows them looking good.

It will be a toss up MY wise between James with his near fatal car crash and Jana with her murderous ex husband, Gambino. If she uses it. But that young lady has endured a lot and still prevailed so she should use it.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Lesallee wrote:Just to nitpick a tad, Psychee, Brother DMD specifically said "in the eyes of the judges, she may have become this season's Bindi already". And I tend to agree with him as that does seem to be the way the judging wind is blowing.
Sis, your post came in while I was typing mine, but you totally got me- as usual.
Now tomorrow's performance really will show if our team still has a chance in the eyes of the judges.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Lesallee wrote:Tomorrow is crucial for Team StopAnd Go. I sure hope that tango knocks the judges eyes right out. From reports I've read, rehearsal footage shows them looking good.

It will be a toss up MY wise between James with his near fatal car crash and Jana with her murderous ex husband, Gambino. If she uses it. But that young lady has endured a lot and still prevailed so she should use it.

I read that it would be about the birth of her daughter.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Ahhhhhhh.......TeamStopAndGo doing the Tango!!    Yeah!!   Can't wait!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:18 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Psychee, I want to be very precise about this so you don't get me wrong- especially since you are probably the biggest Bindi fan around. Looking back at it, I have no problem to admit she improved and matured during the season. I am now able to watch and enjoy some of her performances (not all of them though). If you have doubts that Laurie can keep up with her in that department, I'm totally with you.
My remark was a metaphor for a fatal tendency the judges were showing, and not for the first time that season. At some point, they pick their favorite and everyone else can dance their butts off, but never get close. I might as well have called Laurie this season's Nicole; just Bindi is closer to her agewise. And it's a mere coincidence that Derek was the pro in both cases!!
Now what does that mean for James? The perfect score has been unleashed for Laurie while he gets deducted points from JH and CA for a mistake that not even eagle-eye Bruno noticed! How would they even be able to detect a misstep in a Jazz routine like Laurie's that Val designed so cleverly? I smell a rat, and I hope I'm wrong. All that James and Sharna can do is keep wowing the audience and ignore silly comments.

Yeah, missed the "judges' perspective bit,  but I guess I'm not buying into the logic anyway. 

The thing about Bindi was that she was a complete and utter surprise as a dancer, and on day one, she was ranked as something like sixth or eighth likely to win.  At first, the judges gushed over her because of that alone, but as the weeks went by, they had more of her personality and talents to gush over as well.  Each week, there was something more that was awe inspiring about the girl which the judges reflected in their scores and remarks.  Every week, there was a new "wow", and "wow" gets their praise.

In contrast, Laurie was expected to win this thing right from the get-go and was dancing at level "10" from day one.  And she has received top scores because she is still wowing the judges with her dances. 

But the judges never let themselves be seen as favoring one star for too long.  Time and time again, we have seen them change from being blind to errors to being nit-picky when it looks like someone has the win in the bag.  So I'm expecting them to start to nit pick Laurie, because that is what they do mid-season.  And for the couple of weeks that they do that with Laurie, James can shine.

But more importantly for the outcome, I don't think it matters at all who the judges favor in the end (among the top 3, anyway).  Everyone will get all 10's in those last dances, and the win will be up to America.  And America has, for the last eight seasons at least, chosen what they felt was the best "feel good" ending for the win.

Unless there is some kind of emotional upset for Laurie between then and now that America will try to fix through their vote, I don't see America choosing Laurie for the win.  It is just too "expected".  Too "status quo". 

I genuinely see them giving it to James and Sharna instead.  Partly because James' journey is a whole renewal of life thing and he is incredibly personable AND a good dancer with a good journey, but also, in the eyes of everyone who loved her with Nick, and others, this is Sharna's year, just as it was Maks' year with Meryl and Val's year with Rumer, and Tony's year with Melissa.  Each of those celebs were great partners, but what put the votes over the top, as far as I'm concerned, was the emotional desire on the part of America to give those pros something that they had worked long and hard for and had not yet received.  Otherwise-sitting-on-the-fence-folks at home just felt like "this is the time" to reward them.

In my mind, giving Sharna the MBT would be the best "Feel Good" ending this season.  And although I am no mind-reader, I really think that that is what America is going to deliver.

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:48 pm

I hope you're right. If so, all drinks my treat.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:55 am

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 8 14591136_1173728892691209_274829296504143872_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM1NzU2MTY1NjI5MjU1NzE4OQ%3D%3D

From the DWTS Instagram.  Meet young James!

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 8 2717780286
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:00 am

I enjoyed Bindi immensely and I am truly enjoying James and Sharna. I'm also a fan of Laurie's because she's good and personable... BUT I give all my votes to James and Sharna as they make me smile every time with their dancing and their personalities. I love James' sense of humor.

Can't wait for tomorrow night's dancing. Smile
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:01 pm

Looking forward to an amazing tango performed by my number one DWTS team.

Happy Thanksgiving James, from a fellow Canadian.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:42 pm

Based on looks, they have already won this thing.

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 8 14498810
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Good luck tonight, Team Stop and Go!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Just watched an interview Janes did on the Indy Channel and he says there IS an elimination tonight. They all thought they were getting a bye tonight because of last week's double elimination but they had just found out there is an elimination. Hmm. I wonder how they are calculating the votes.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Oh no!  Another elimination? Mad
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:09 pm

I'm confused by this elimination too.  They shouldn't decide purely on judges scores tonight--too many people would be upset if they did that.  Do you think they just want to scare the teams and then later tell them that no one is going home?

Anyway, James and Sharna will be dancing 8th followed by Terra and Sasha getting the final dance of the night.  So both teams are in a good position to really make an impression tonight   Fingers crossed for James and Sharna!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Shut up Julianne!

James, oh James, I'm about speechless. Look at him after almost dying he's the star of this show. And he's so off hand about the whole thing. I keep thinking how very Canadian he is. James and Sharna are simply a dream team.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum