Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by singlyme Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 am

I just peeked over on the motherboard and it seems opinions are as split on Michael/Ben as they are here.  I wouldn't have cared if she'd let them both go home.  Personally, Ben lived up to my low expectations with his limo-view.  Hollywood?  Must he wait to start seeing someone else?  Whether he was covering a bruised ego or not, his words revealed how little he thought of Des.  He removed his cloak of "goodness" and let the audience see behind the facade.  Some will make excuses for his attitude.  I will not.  It's what I saw all along.  Double-talk and an inflated ego.  As it stands, mission accomplished with NO points scored for Michael.

Michael and Mikey have been accused of being whiners because they wanted to expose a fake.  I suppose Drew and Kasey will now take on that mantle because they want the other fake out of the house.  For me, it would be like living with the school cheat - the one who gets straight A's by cheating and is Teacher's Pet because she's unaware how he gets the grades.  I wouldn't be the one to rat him out, but I'd applaud the guy who did.  So, yes.  I thoroughly enjoyed Ben's time in the hot seat. 

I wasn't disappointed to see Mikey go.  And I DO think Michael will be next, if James isn't exposed first.  If two go, it'll be them.  I thought Drew would swallow his Adam's apple while he stood waiting for the rose -  worried his failure to expose James would result in his own departure.  I fully expected him to interrupt the proceedings for a chat with her.

One BSer gone.  One to go.  Then we can get down to business.

Oh...  Did anyone notice how she "grabbed" Brooks for a kiss in the snow house?  Clue?  One of SLA's links called Brooks the frontrunner.  H-m-m.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by grace8136 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Juan Pablo's daughter Camila...
Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 2 BLszdJdCEAAjnqT-1370302562
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Michael and James definitely need to go next.  Michael's whining has gotten really old really fast.  That was a miserable date with Michael and Ben.  Ben definitely did show his true colors with his limo remarks.  No

I like Zak the more I see him interact with Des.  I can see him as a priest.

I think Zak, Chris, and Drew have a chance for the finals - and, definitely, Brooks.  I see Des ending up with either Zak or Brooks because I see her more comfortable with someone who is not so "clean-cut looking" like Chris and Drew are.  I think she wants someone a little "edgier," a little less "corporate-looking."Rose
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:18 am

BllueMoon I agree with you on Michael and James and think she should have sent James packing Monday night along with Ben - they could have shared the departing limo, LOL.

I also like Zak and the more I see him the more I like him.  Chris is my favorite and Zak is my second favorite.  Right now I have just not seen enough of Drew to form an opinion on him and Brooks has never appealed to me.  He is just not my type but Des seems to really like him and she's the one this is for and she will be doing the picking.

I am looking forward to the 1-on-1 dates with Drew and Zak coming up on the next episode.  Hopefully we will get to know more about Drew.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:21 pm

Here is the link to TV Grapevine's recap from Episode 5:

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php/the-bachelorette/565-the-bachelorette-recap-for-june-24-2013

Here are the remaining guys from TV Grapevine's website:

Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 2 Bachelorette_tracker

The unshaded portion has gotten much smaller now.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Sorry I'm late to the party...just happy to be here at all. Just spent 5 unexpected days in the hospital...what drama. Anyway, just chalk this weeks episode up to another weird installment in this season. Bryden should have just went home last week...I guess he wanted to go to Germany before going home to his girlfriend.

I was a little shocked to learn that Zak was considering the priesthood. Oh well, we had a Naked Chef so I guess he would be the Naked Priest.

That date with Ben and Michael even made ME uncomfortable and I wasn't even there!!!! She obviously already had doubts about Ben to send him home even in the midst of Michael's antics. She should have sent them both home but I get the feeling she was asked not to by TPTB. We only saw a portion of that date....can you imagine how bad the whole thing was to endure? Michael coming back at everything Ben said and apparently he was the one that designated himself as Des's ally in sending Ben home, not how they made it sound in the previews. You could tell she was visibly annoyed at him. I wonder how much they coaxed her to say that she kept him because he was the one out of the two that she could see a future with???!!!! I couldn't be in a relationsip with someone that would interogate me in the manner he seems comfortable with. And I think regardless of Ben's declaration of Christianity and near sainthood that he was trying to convince Des of, he kind of revealed himself in the limo...no surprise there.

I used to say that the Bachelorette seasons were more boring because guys don't tend to be drama queens....well, I officially take that back... 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Glad you're okay and back with us, rkc.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Rkc I'm so sorry to hear about the trip to the hospital and so glad you are back with us again.

I call that 2-on-1 date with Michael and Ben the date from hell.  I also found it very uncomfortable to watch and I don't like Michael at all.  As far as Ben revealing himself in the limo, I question that because someone that was on the show said that they drive them around for several hours until the finally cry or say what they want them to say.  Add that to the editing, who knows what Ben actually said.  I had never seen him be disrespectful to anyone while he was on the show and I saw an interview with him on Good Morning Texas that was filmed on Tuesday Morning and he said that he had made some friends in the house but I think all the whining about him that Michael and Mikey had been doing really hurt Ben.  I have also seen a picture of him with Brad since the filming has ended so they are still touch with each other.  I really don't like how TPTB have absolutely no consideration for these contestants whatsoever.  Well I guess that's what they get for signing up for this type of show to begin with but I've also heard that during filming they make the contestants think they are their best friends when in fact they care nothing about them.

I hope you are feeling alright now and will be with us for the next episode.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:53 pm

HA!!  Let's see, everyone of the guys in that hotel room cheered as his suitcase was being taken out.  I wonder how many of his friends were in that group.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:33 pm

That's true USN but that cheering could also have been put on by the direction of the producers.  Either that or that room was full of a bunch of children in the bodies of grown up men - what juvenile behavior to be jumping up with your arms in the air and dancing around.  I'm not believing anything I hear or see as the real truth of what is real anymore.  I'm to cynic from all the fake stuff that goes on in this franchise from the scripting and editing to believe what they are showing us.  I enjoyed the show in the earlier seasons when I wasn't aware of what was really going on behind the scenes - sometimes ignorance can be bliss!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi SLA!!  The way I look at it is if a producer wanted me to do something, or say something that went against my values, I would refuse to do it.  I'm not going to embarrass my family, or myself for a dumb "reality Show".  Then again, I would never go on a show like this.  I'm also going to be on my best behavior, and not give the editors or producer any ammo to paint me in a bad light.

There are 168 hrs in a week. Supposedly, the film crew follow these contestants around all day long, and only stop when they are in bed,  So, if we knock off 40 hrs for sleep time, there is approximately 128 hrs of film a week that has to be fit into a 2 hr time slot.  I'm sure, in all of those hrs of film, we would find not only Ben being disrespectful, but also some of the other guys.

I hope your day is going well, and it has cooled down a bit for you.  Take care!
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi USN - I like your new Avi!  The weather is still too hot here for us without A/C and it is really affecting my oldest dog now.  I have been trying to cool him down with a cool wet wash cloth but he doesn't seem to like that.  We had three drownings around here yesterday in three different rivers.  A seven year old boy and a 19 and 20 year guys.  Also they just showed a picture of a dead lamb from the heat, there were at least 40 dead sheep on the farm.  It is 93 right now and it still is not the hottest part of the day. 

As far as doing what the producers want from what Molly said you either go along with them or go home.  I'm not sure why anyone would want to sign the contract they sign.  I know there is a lot we do not see and then only see what TPTB want us to see and depending on the kind of edit they want to give a certain guy.  But since Ben was getting the bad edit why not show his terrible behavior that he was accused of is my point.  I doubt that any of the guys on this show are saints and neither is the lead IMO. 

It is just a stupid scripted show for entertainment purposes only.  I am looking forward to seeing more of Barcelona tonight - from what I saw in the extended video it looks like it would be a good place to visit.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:54 am

Thanks, so is yours, SLA!

Then I would go home.  On second thought, I wouldn't sign the contract, let alone, go on the show.

My hubby pulled into port at Barcelona and spent a few days there when he was in the Navy.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:11 am

Did he like Barcelona?  It looked like it might be a great place for a vacation.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 am

He said it was ok.  He didn't like the food.  I would rather vacation in Munich than Barcelona.  I prefer the mountains over the coast.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top