Bachelorette 12 - Episode 9

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 12 - Episode 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 9

Post by Dazz Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:14 am

Everyone is up in arms over Luke and Chase being let go all over the internet, but it was so obvious, she just wasn't into them.  How can people fault her for being more attracted to someone else.  Haven't we all had situations where someone was into you and you just weren't... Or vice versa.  She probably shouldn't have given him the fantasy suite card, but whats done is done.
I would have sent Chase home too - All I can think about when he speaks is the teacher from Ferris Bueller.  "Bueller, Bueller, Bueller".  He is also immature and not ready for marriage.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Luke was totally blindsided after being manipulated they JoJo, the producers and handlers.  He was not acting he was in shock because he was in love with her and she played him all along.  I never really saw the connection with Chase but by giving his the FS card she also lead him along just to blindside him once they were there.  I have no respect for and she deserves what she gets from the choices she made.  I am glad that Luke has finally gotten some closure and now can move forward.  The chemistry between Luke and JoJo came across as really strong but I just did not see it with Chase.  With Chase I think he still has some issues that he never got over from his parents divorce some 20 years ago I think and he needs to get those put to bed.  Other than that he seems like a good guy.

The way this show went reminded me of Emily's where she would get the guys to tell her they loved her and then drop them just like that.  I remember her doing that to Sean so maybe they get a bonus for each guy she can get to tell they love her.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:27 pm

JoJo had to make a decision.  Would you say she was playing the other guys if she picked Luke and Chase instead?  She told Chase before the rose ceremony how she felt.  I could tell she felt horrible for not feeling the same way about Chase.  She was chasing him down.  I think most of us have been there.  She wanted to have those feelings for Chase, but didn't.  It takes time to figure out how you feel about someone.  It may not come to you right away.  JoJo eventually has to pick just one person.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by h28koala Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:29 pm

peebeeb wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:JoJo's not looking too bright tonight.
Understatement of the year.  Laughing

Could be my favorite post reply ever!  Very Happy

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:JoJo had to make a decision.  Would you say she was playing the other guys if she picked Luke and Chase instead?  She told Chase before the rose ceremony how she felt.  I could tell she felt horrible for not feeling the same way about Chase.  She was chasing him down.  I think most of us have been there.  She wanted to have those feelings for Chase, but didn't.  It takes time to figure out how you feel about someone.  It may not come to you right away.  JoJo eventually has to pick just one person.
Exactly!  I mean, this is a very unnatural process in a short amount of time.  I could only imagine the emotional roller coaster that these people (who are not actors) are going through.  I don't think Luke was acting at the end.  I think he developed real feelings for JoJo.  I think she may have developed feelings for him as well, but something happened or was said during Hometown's because her demeanor changed.  There is nothing wrong with that.  People are bound to get heartbroken in the game - they all signed up for it.  I'm sure their stipends are worth it.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by h28koala Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 pm

I agree that I think that Jojo is the one that I can't understand here.  If she is attracted to Robby and Jordan - I understand that.  I think the problem is - WHY.  Why on earth would you want Robby or Jordan over Luke?  I agree with the above assessment that there wasn't a strong connection with Chase and that he may be immature.  I liked Chase as well though, he was down to earth and had a real job.  But if he didn't connect with Jojo -fine.  What I don't get is picking any of these guys over Luke??!!! 

I said it in another post - I think Jojo is severely insecure, clingy and needs constant verbal bum kissing.  I think she is a diva and mentally not quite where she needs to be for a successful relationship.  There is no way that either her relationship with Robby or Jordan lasts more than a year.  No way.  Luke wasn't going to look to have her as the diva in the relationship.  He wanted a partner and she couldn't handle it.

I agree with others as well - as there is now no one I even remotely like on this show it is tough to pay attention.  All three remaining people are so false.  The only thing I am looking forward to is Jojo's Mom.  I love her.

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:42 pm

I don't see Jordan giving into her.  He doesn't seem like a butt kisser to me.  I'm finding it hard to believe he is so into her.  I think he is a charmer.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Jordan for the first time looked rather nervous when JoJo talked about him meeting her family.  I am excited for him to meet her brothers, should be awesome.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:44 pm

h28koala wrote:I agree that I think that Jojo is the one that I can't understand here.  If she is attracted to Robby and Jordan - I understand that.  I think the problem is - WHY.  Why on earth would you want Robby or Jordan over Luke?  I agree with the above assessment that there wasn't a strong connection with Chase and that he may be immature.  I liked Chase as well though, he was down to earth and had a real job.  But if he didn't connect with Jojo -fine.  What I don't get is picking any of these guys over Luke??!!! 
I don't find it puzzling why she chose the other guys over Luke. If I was in her shoes, I would have too. Even from a pure physical attraction, I found Luke to be the least attractive of the four men left. All of them are incredibly sexy but when comparing them, I definitely prefer the stature and build of the other three over Luke. And she probably got turned off with the whole home town fiasco. 

To me he seemed pretty fake and over the top with his posing. The other three guys carry themselves in a more normal fashion where as Luke always appeared as he was trying to perfect the blue steel look! I would be turned off by that big time. And maybe she doesn't like the whole country hick thing either. 
She likes who she likes...it's her show.
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:48 pm

There's no telling why anybody likes one person over another.  JoJo likes who she likes, although I can't imagine what she sees in Robby.  lol  His hair alone is enough to make me gag. As for the way this show does things, it's shameful.  I wonder if the producers prodded Luke to go confess his love at that time, all the time knowing she was sending him home.
Why did they have Chase come back right at the ceremony to talk to JoJo?  I'm sure there was some other time he could have redeemed himself, but that wouldn't have been as dramatic.  It makes me think maybe Chase is the next bachelor and they knew they couldn't leave him being upset so they sent him back to clean up his image a bit.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:58 pm

I actually felt better when Chase came back.  I felt so bad for him and I hoped it made him feel better.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:52 pm

Weird episode last night. Why didn't Jojo send Luke home when he pulled her aside instead of making him go back into the hangar and then dump him during the rose ceremony? And I do have to agree with what some of the others are saying....Luke's dazed look of total disbelief seemed a bit odd. At this point in the competition a lot of contestants are looking to be the next Bachelor/ette so I don't know if I ever buy the broken hearted acts. Too many people that seem okay end up having hidden agendas.

I think it was a pretty crappy move on Jojo's part to give Chase the FS card and then dump him as soon as they get in there. She knew she didn't have feelings for him and she took him in there anyway. Makes you wonder if she was coerced into taking him in there so he would react badly for drama. I don't blame him for reacting the way he did. It did kind of make me respect him though when he came back and explained his reaction even though I don't think she necessarily deserved an explanation.

I think Jordan is still seeming a bit shady when she asks him questions and he doesn't know how to respond.

I knew long ago that it was going to come down to Jordan and Robby, that was pretty obvious, but it's also pretty obvious that Jordan is her first choice because she always seems to pick him first for everything. So now I'm guessing that all the crying at the FRC that we saw in the preview earlier in the season is that she probably wants to choose Jordan but is afraid to and chooses Robby which she thinks is a safer choice. Sort of like what Chris Soules did in his finale.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:12 am

SLA44 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:JoJo's not looking too bright tonight.
Boy that's an understatement BSK.  She keeps the two biggest tools on the show and then one that I still don't know how he lasted so long and sends the best man on the show home.  These dates are going to put me to sleep.  I put the links to two new articles about Luke on the fan page and they really made me sad.  He is such a real man and deep and thoughtful and his hurt is deep.   Sad
Yep, couldn't come up with anything nice.  JoJo is so freaking needy.  It is hard to watch her believe everything out of Jordan's mouth. It is equally hard watching her essentially demand the guys pour out their hearts to her. It doesn't seem materially different from Ben telling both girls he loved them. 

JoJo chasing Jordan reminds me of Jillian chasing and picking Doofus Ed.  Like Jilian, JoJo is setting herself up for a world of hurt.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by AGnawKneeMoose Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:11 pm

I liked JoJo on the Bachelor and was glad she was picked for the Bachelorette.  Still think she has a lot of good qualities - she's very intuitive and reads people well, but... as Bachelorette, I've gradually become disappointed with her.  She seems legitimately damaged by her past relationships, extrapolates them into her current ones and as a result, never seems very sure of herself.  IMO, she ignores her insight and her decision making has been very surface oriented and shallow. 

Chase, for most of the show, was a blank slate.  I really didn't see much personality or ability to express himself at all (not even talking about the ever-obsessive dropping of the L word) until maybe that last episode, when as JoJo noted, he seemed more playful.  Then she sent him home.

She knows Jordan is off, but can't get away from him.  She (rightly!) tried to get some details out of him as to what their life would look like.  He couldn't or wouldn't answer  and the most vague "I think about us together forever" crap was eventually enough to reassure her that there's still a viable future there.  She hears the warning bell - she just isn't listening.

I don't know what to make of Robby.  Maybe he is that earnestly romantic, but something still makes me think of a used car salesman.  Still miles better than Jordan.  Statistically speaking, he's more likely (but not guaranteed) to be her choice now, since he got the rose second this week.  No, I don't over-analyze the Bachelor franchise.

The good news?  Luke has been setup as the next Bachelor - and at least for now, that seems to be a good thing.

AGnawKneeMoose

Back to top Go down

Post by KCKitty Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:27 am

Did you see that people are starting to post parodies of Luke & JoJo? I found this on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/p/BIZAuXIjGGl/

KCKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Haha...that instagram is pretty funny! I found a twitter account that is a parody of Luke..pretty funny as well:

https://twitter.com/lukepellparody
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by KCKitty Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:03 pm

Amazing!

KCKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content