Bachelorette 12 - Episode 8 HTDs

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 12 - Episode 8 HTDs - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 8 HTDs

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:03 am

BSkeptical wrote:With the exception of Luke, this is the most unimpressive final four I have ever seen on this show.
I couldn't agree with you more BSk!!  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 12 - Episode 8 HTDs - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 8 HTDs

Post by singlyme Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:30 am

I was struck by a couple of things on the HDs:  JoJo's relentless pursuit of getting to the bottom of the Jordan/Aaron conflict - and - her continuing doubts that Robby's tabloid news was truer than hers had been.  Geesh.

Out of the four, I felt Robby was the most sincere.  Don't care for Chase or Jordan. 

As I stated on the Luke thread, I sensed the entire date was staged (but not by TPTB) -  from the number of people involved to Luke's persuasive speech.  Especially when his father commented on his service to his country.  I got the feeling Luke wants to be an actor.  Sorry, fans.  He lost me as a shipper.  He has a habit of holding his head close before a kiss, as if to say, "Get ready. I'm gonna wow ya."

This season is rather blah since there's no one I want to see win this thing.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:30 am

Singlyme -- I agree with you.  I don't see anything really outstanding in any of the F4.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:38 am

Out of the four left I think I like Robby the best. I think he was sincere in what he was telling her but Jojo didn't seem inclined to believe him all that much....and I find that ironic since she wanted the guys to believe her when her tabloid story came to light. 

I still find it weird that the leads want someone to profess that they are in love with them this early in the game before they will consider them a possible choice. Some people just don't fall in love that quickly. Would they rather the contestants lie to them and profess their "love" so they stay in the game then someone be honest and them miss out on maybe a really good person? So she was going to eliminate Luke because he didn't say he was in love with her then all the sudden she is crying that now she isn't sure what to do.

I'm thinking this is going to come down to Jordan and Robby. They seem to be the two that she is more into and the fact that she keeps questioning them says she is more invested in them because she wants the truth.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:04 am

singlyme,  Luke lost me too!  That was so terribly contrived.  It felt so manufactured and the least sincere out of all HD's.  Maybe Luke does have feelings that are real for Jojo, but I think he can tell she isn't that into him.  I believe he his making a play for the next Bachelor.

He seems like he was posing for the camera the whole time he talked to Jojo on the "loveseat" after the horseback ride. Ugh.

Now, will Jojo change her mind and send home Chase?  There is absolutely zero connection there.  The kid is so bland.  

I may be in the minority, but I didn't mind Jordan's HD.  I think editing made it look like all she wanted to know was about Aaron.  I have to believe there was more substance involved.  She is head over heals for him, that is blatantly obvious.  However, is he just as head over heals?  We shall see.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:25 pm

singlyme wrote:I

As I stated on the Luke thread, I sensed the entire date was staged (but not by TPTB) -  from the number of people involved to Luke's persuasive speech.  Especially when his father commented on his service to his country.  I got the feeling Luke wants to be an actor.  Sorry, fans.  He lost me as a shipper.  He has a habit of holding his head close before a kiss, as if to say, "Get ready. I'm gonna wow ya."

I noticed that about his kissing as well...seems so fake and contrived. He is trying way to hard to sell himself. The whole heart with the flowers,the fake posing and kissing, his dad's speech about the army, and the ridiculous "these are just fifty of my closest friends"...so over the top cheesy and ridiculous. He doesn't have to try to that hard to be the next bachelor. Usually all it takes is some muscles and a flashy smile.
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Luke doesn't do anything for me.  He just isn't my type physically or personality wise.  He seems like a nice guy, but he is too pale and thin and he has a very brittle bone structure.  He doesn't have a lot of personality either.  I find it hard to believe he would be the next bachelor.  I like Jordan and Robby the most.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Luke doesn't do anything for me.  He just isn't my type physically or personality wise.  He seems like a nice guy, but he is too pale and thin and he has a very brittle bone structure.  He doesn't have a lot of personality either.  I find it hard to believe he would be the next bachelor.  I like Jordan and Robby the most.
I think it's almost a sure thing that Luke will be the next Bachelor. Will you watch, Glitters?
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:43 pm

I guess so, but I won't be happy about it.  At least maybe the women will be interesting.  Why do you say he will be the next bachelor?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:25 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Luke doesn't do anything for me.  He just isn't my type physically or personality wise.  He seems like a nice guy, but he is too pale and thin and he has a very brittle bone structure.  He doesn't have a lot of personality either.  I find it hard to believe he would be the next bachelor.  I like Jordan and Robby the most.
could you explain what you mean by brittle bone structure?  I am not understanding what you mean.  One thing about Luke that bothers me is his teeth.  They seem too big for his mouth.  Maybe it is his Texas drawl, but when he talks seems to have some kind of a speech problem going on.  Maybe it's just me.
I kept noticing that JoJo was pulling away or turning her head away when it seemed Luke was about to kiss her.  Maybe she got tired of waiting while he did his pause to gaze in her eyes.  It seemed to me she was having a hard time being enthused to kiss him.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:41 pm

His bones are very delicate as opposed to maybe someone who is usually Native Indian where they have very strong bone structure or stronger looking bones.  That's an example.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Lesallee wrote:
I think it's almost a sure thing that Luke will be the next Bachelor. Will you watch, Glitters?
I have been reading in numerous places that Luke is a sure Bachelor bet. I think he will likely come in third and that is a good spot for the next Bach/B'ette lead to be in.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:11 pm

Well, that isn't doing much for diversity.  I don't know how popular he is with the audience.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:55 am

singlyme wrote:I was struck by a couple of things on the HDs:  JoJo's relentless pursuit of getting to the bottom of the Jordan/Aaron conflict - and - her continuing doubts that Robby's tabloid news was truer than hers had been.  Geesh.

Out of the four, I felt Robby was the most sincere.  Don't care for Chase or Jordan. 

Robby never struck me as sincere even before I read RS.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:40 am

BSkeptical wrote:
singlyme wrote:I was struck by a couple of things on the HDs:  JoJo's relentless pursuit of getting to the bottom of the Jordan/Aaron conflict - and - her continuing doubts that Robby's tabloid news was truer than hers had been.  Geesh.

Robby never struck me as sincere even before I read RS.
My feelings exactly but he sure came across as cocky to me especially in episode 7.  I just don't care for him and don't trust him or his pal Jordan.  IMO the only one that was sincere and was WYSIWYG was Luke.  Chase wasn't obnoxious like Robby was but he won so monotone and boring IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:44 am

The Luke thread is a Fan Luke Thread and is for positive posting only - no negative posts.  It is for fans to have a positive experience.  Please check the rules under Fan Threads.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:43 am

I like Luke, I have from the beginning, but something just seemed off on the HTD.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:01 am

It certainly seems like he is being pushed forward as the next bachelor...I won't be that happy to watch that either. That pose kissing is pretty comical  but it will be overkill to see him do that with twenty girls over and over again.
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:35 pm

peebeeb wrote:I like Luke, I have from the beginning, but something just seemed off on the HTD.
Something has seemed off with this season to me and you are right about the HTD.  Why the producers did not show JoJo's conversations with Luke's father, mother and sister seemed really off to me.  We know she had them because Luke posted pictures of them on his twitter but they were never shown while others were shown for the HTDs.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:07 pm

I was thinking the same thing, SLA.  Something must have occurred during the HTD
that made Jo Jo want to eliminate Luke.  We'll never know until Jo Jo writes her
book, I guess. Giggle  The only one who seemed unrehearsed was Luke's adorable
grandpa. Smile
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:55 pm

It was just a really strange date compared to the other ones she had.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:26 pm

I was surprised that JoJo was ready to say goodbye to Luke since i thought they were more in sync as fellow texans than with some of the others ... altho i think she's had the hots for Jordan since Day 1 and will ultimately pick him in the end.

But these guys are all too "country" for me  Yuck   I dont want any of them for the next Bachelor... enough already!! 

I'd rather they choose one of the guys already eliminated ... like Derek who was my favorite  Love
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:01 pm

I agree with you as I liked Derek too.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top