DWTS Fifth Week

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Fifth Week - Page 2 Empty Re: DWTS Fifth Week

Post by SLA44 Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:00 am

Thank you vic3 and I agree that today was a bad day and I appreciate your posting your opinion on the dances in spite of how low you and probably the rest of us are feeling! I think Sean has improved and I just had a feeling he would do better on the Quickstep. I hope DL goes home tomorrow night but I'm sure that won't happen because I think he got the bigger fan base so it will probably be Andy or Victor. I was able to watch the show on live feed tonight but still have to wait until the show is over on my time zone before I can phone in my votes. I can vote on-line now but not by phone. Again Thank You vic3 and you are not alone with how you feel! Sad
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:13 am

Thank you Vic! You're not alone; it sure was hard to get into the show tonight.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 am

LadyMustang65 wrote:Hi Widder - I don't recognize your screen name, but you might know me from the ABC DWTS board or perhaps the old Fox SYTYCD board? I used to post on both of them.

Aha! I read the ABC DWTS board frequently, but rarely post to it. That's where I've seen you!

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 am

IMO, the celebs learned by leaps and bounds when instructed by a same-sex pro. I liked that Maks was paired with his brother, but OMG, that music! Three songs, I believe, sounded like a record on the wrong speed. Way too fast for the assigned dances. I was especially put off by the speed of the tango. Difficult to be sexy when you're moving in fast motion.

As for performers, Jacoby and Zendaya got my highest marks with Zen coming out on top. For some reason, Kellie didn't ring my bell last night. Can't put my finger on it. Perhaps I've simply come to expect too much from her.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:58 am

Sean did a terrific job last night with the Quikstep, but I think if Jacoby got a 9, Sean should have gotten a 9, too! Maybe next week. I think Sean is a hard worker. When he wants to do something, he's willing to work at it. In the case of dancing, he is able enough and has enough personality to pull it off. Sean still is a still a little stiff. Peta needs to give him a noodle exercise - where you act as if your body is as limp as a noodle - it would help loosen him up. The encouraging thing is that Sean has had moderate success with every dance he has done. I agree, Singly, that having a same sex pro to help with the instruction was a benefit to Sean and all of the other dancers. Len had a great idea that I bet will be a regular event in the future. I'm expecting DL or Andy to go tonight, but we've thought that before. Last night, however, they were both walking more than dancing. I have no idea who DL is or what he does, but he may have a bigger fanbase than Andy - should be interesting!
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 am

I really enjoyed last night's show. It was a much-needed break from the nonstop coverage from the marathon.

I absolutely agree that all of the celebs benefitted greatly from being able to see the pro couple execute the steps as well as having a same-sex pro there to help them understand what their body should be doing. I hope this becomes a regular feature of future seasons.

The standouts for me last night were Jacoby and Zendaya. Zendaya was the best for me hands down, and Jacoby was probably the most entertaining. Kelli was good as always, but she didn't really wow me last night. Not sure why. Same with Aly. She was good but didn't wow me.

Ingo, Victor and Sean were just okay for me. DL and Andy were the weakest, but I enjoyed Andy just so much more than DL. I really hope DL is the one to leave tonight. I'd like Andy to make it past the halfway point just because he's had a great attitude this whole time, has really been trying, and he's just been fun to watch. I can't say the same about DL in any of those categories.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:04 am

Ditto, mustang. Except that I can't see Andy staying past Ingo, Sean or Aly. Even Victor showed improvement this week. I've been a cheerleader for him, but realistically, I think once DL is gone, he has to be next. He tries so hard, puts his heart and soul into it, and I don't want to see them reduce him to a comedy act. (Already, Bruno has unleashed the "Cloris Leachman" comparison.) Just hope DL goes first.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:18 am

SmartandTruthful wrote:Sean did a terrific job last night with the Quikstep, but I think if Jacoby got a 9, Sean should have gotten a 9, too! Maybe next week. I think Sean is a hard worker. When he wants to do something, he's willing to work at it. In the case of dancing, he is able enough and has enough personality to pull it off. Sean still is a still a little stiff. Peta needs to give him a noodle exercise - where you act as if your body is as limp as a noodle - it would help loosen him up. The encouraging thing is that Sean has had moderate success with every dance he has done. I agree, Singly, that having a same sex pro to help with the instruction was a benefit to Sean and all of the other dancers. Len had a great idea that I bet will be a regular event in the future. I'm expecting DL or Andy to go tonight, but we've thought that before. Last night, however, they were both walking more than dancing. I have no idea who DL is or what he does, but he may have a bigger fanbase than Andy - should be interesting!

About the noodle lesson... Did you notice when Sean was stretching at the bar with Tristan? He could not bend his body over his leg. He seems to need some yoga to be more flexible. Running and lifting won't do that for him. Maybe that is why he looks a little stiff? I have no dance background, I just noticed that and wondered about it.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 am

grace8136 wrote:
SmartandTruthful wrote:Sean did a terrific job last night with the Quikstep, but I think if Jacoby got a 9, Sean should have gotten a 9, too! Maybe next week. I think Sean is a hard worker. When he wants to do something, he's willing to work at it. In the case of dancing, he is able enough and has enough personality to pull it off. Sean still is a still a little stiff. Peta needs to give him a noodle exercise - where you act as if your body is as limp as a noodle - it would help loosen him up. The encouraging thing is that Sean has had moderate success with every dance he has done. I agree, Singly, that having a same sex pro to help with the instruction was a benefit to Sean and all of the other dancers. Len had a great idea that I bet will be a regular event in the future. I'm expecting DL or Andy to go tonight, but we've thought that before. Last night, however, they were both walking more than dancing. I have no idea who DL is or what he does, but he may have a bigger fanbase than Andy - should be interesting!

About the noodle lesson... Did you notice when Sean was stretching at the bar with Tristan? He could not bend his body over his leg. He seems to need some yoga to be more flexible. Running and lifting won't do that for him. Maybe that is why he looks a little stiff? I have no dance background, I just noticed that and wondered about it.
Yes, grace I noticed that too. Stretching helps keep one limber and therefore aids in preventing injuries, but it really does not have anything to do with being stiff. I could never stbend over my leg and now it is even harder but I don't look stiff when I dance. My muschles just realyhurt afterwards and sometimes ache when I am in unnatural positions (ie the way one holds their head back and turne during th esmooth ballroom dances).
I think Sean is progressing nicely but dancing is not natural for him. Somehow one either truly 'feels" it or they don';. they can still be taught but might look stiff.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 am

SLA44 wrote:Thank you vic3 and I agree that today was a bad day and I appreciate your posting your opinion on the dances in spite of how low you and probably the rest of us are feeling! I think Sean has improved and I just had a feeling he would do better on the Quickstep. I hope DL goes home tomorrow night but I'm sure that won't happen because I think he got the bigger fan base so it will probably be Andy or Victor. I was able to watch the show on live feed tonight but still have to wait until the show is over on my time zone before I can phone in my votes. I can vote on-line now but not by phone. Again Thank You vic3 and you are not alone with how you feel! Sad
SLA, you're welcome. It's for you as usual ❤. I realize that I left ut Alexandra. I knew I forgot someone. Youknow why--she just doesn't register for me somehow. Not terrible, not great, not bad...just nothing. Kind of blah. She's in the middle of the pack near the top.
Sean did well in the QS. That's one dance that i never done so I took a lesson lastyear. it's quite complicated. Now I don't even remember what I learned.
Honestly, I commend every contestant on every season who does not have dance experience because it takes people a LONG time to learn what these "stars" learn in just a few weeks. They each have only a few days to learn a routine for that week. Yes, they practice for hours but it is physically hurtin them to keep doing that. Your body aches, yur feet are throbbing, your shulders are so sore and you keep practicing. Then you go out and have to remember all the steps PLUS remember to be in character. I couldn't do it and I dance!!!
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:31 am

USN wrote:Thank you Vic! You're not alone; it sure was hard to get into the show tonight.
Thanks USN. It sure does feel good to have our friends here to lean on and share bad times.
As far as Letts Chat, i just didn't want to post the same thoughts twice on two threads so this seemed like the place to post DWTS thoughts.Smile
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:38 am

Vic3 I agree with you about Alexandra, to me she is blah and forgettable. I'm glad she did not get scored any higher than she did last night and personally thought she was scored too high last week. I am just not feeling it with her at all, she is very different than the way Shawn was on the show. No
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:22 pm

victorian3 wrote:
USN wrote:Thank you Vic! You're not alone; it sure was hard to get into the show tonight.
Thanks USN. It sure does feel good to have our friends here to lean on and share bad times.
As far as Letts Chat, i just didn't want to post the same thoughts twice on two threads so this seemed like the place to post DWTS thoughts.Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:20 am

Aly has shown a bit more personality this week. Smiling and laughing. But I must agree. She makes no lasting impact with her performances. For me, quite forgettable.

SO glad DL is gone. He was the only one I really wanted to get away from watching.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top