DWTS Sixth Week

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Sixth Week Empty DWTS Sixth Week

Post by victorian3 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi. Just thought I'd set this up now while I'm on here in case there is any imput.
You know, we know every day of the week by the programs we choose to follow. Isn't that something!!!Very Happy
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

DWTS Sixth Week Empty Re: DWTS Sixth Week

Post by SLA44 Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:01 pm

The dances for week 6 per wetpaint are:

Team Kellie - Samba
Andy
Sean
Aly

Team Zendaya - Paso Doble
Victor
Ingo
Jacoby

Kellie & Derek - Quick Step
Sean & Peta - Samba
Jacoby & Karina - Quick Step
Aly & Mark - Foxtrot
Ingo & Kim - Salsa
Victor & Lindsay - ??
Zendaya & Val - Cha-Cha-Cha
Andy & Sharna - ??

Any thoughts vic3?
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 am

Some of these couples lucked out, they get to do the same dance.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:41 am

USN wrote:Some of these couples lucked out, they get to do the same dance.

Sean & Peta are the only ones doing the same dance as the group dance so I'm wondering how accurate this list of dances is that I got off of wetpaint. I don't remember them ever having a couple perform the same dance as they had in the team dance before and it doesn't even seem fair to me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:00 am

I thought I read somewhere else that there was a couple doing the Paso Doble who also had it for the team dance. I'm probably mistaken.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:13 am

USN wrote:I thought I read somewhere else that there was a couple doing the Paso Doble who also had it for the team dance. I'm probably mistaken.

You may not be wrong at all - wetpaint could be wrong and they had question marks after Victor and Andy's names. But I think they both have already done the Paso Doble. Maybe wetpaint has the group dance mixed up and it should be the other way around and then it would probably make sense. I'm not sure who would be doing the Paso Doble though unless wetpaint has the team dances right and it's either Ingo or Jacoby doing the Paso Doble. That's a possibility.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Hmmm wonder if it would be easy for Sean to learn just one dance? Now I am not saying that he can not learn two. But he is not a gifted dancer like Kelly.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:52 pm

SLA44 wrote:The dances for week 6 per wetpaint are:

Team Kellie - Samba
Andy
Sean
Aly

Team Zendaya - Paso Doble
Victor
Ingo
Jacoby

Kellie & Derek - Quick Step
Sean & Peta - Samba
Jacoby & Karina - Quick Step
Aly & Mark - Foxtrot
Ingo & Kim - Salsa
Victor & Lindsay - ??
Zendaya & Val - Cha-Cha-Cha
Andy & Sharna - ??

Any thoughts vic3?
Not sure if this list is accurate but let me look and see if I have any thoughts....looking, thinking....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Kellie always comes through and will do in weel in this precise, and very quick snooth dance
Zendaya will also do well in her dance. She seems to have grasped the latin motion and is quick with her feet.
Jacoby is also quick with his feet and will need that for the QS. He will have to remember to stay erect and try not to slouch. Since he is so much taller that wil be an issue as well as the fact that a taller person takes much bigger steps and though karina is trained to do that, he may have to midify the length of his steps just a bit so that she can keep up. I expect him to do all right, maybe even really do well!
Aly will follow and do her part but for me she's just a snooze fest. No real excitement which is her downfall; she just does not exude any charm or life or joie de vive. She tries but, just doesn't get there.
Ingo should do fine with salsa. he seems to catch on to all dances. he just feels it. he may not be the best but he certainly isa stong middle.
Now, Sean. Samba will be hard for him. I think that all Latin dances are difficult for him. They require a certain hip action while the feet are quickly moving and simultaneoulsly, the shoulder area is still (no up and down motion). The Samba does require and up and down but it is the whole body. If he can get that motion he has a chance. The hips do swivel but not in the same way as in the rhumba, cha cha, salsa. Yet, it is complicated because one has to spin while going up and down and moving the feet. there are several variations that he could be successful at--depends on the choreography. i would be surprised if he did REALLY well. I predict a 7 but who knows:) He might deserve a 6 but they'll give him a 7.
Andy will have trouble with a Latin dance. Vicotr will do bit in a Latin dance than Andy does as he can move the necessary parts better than Andy can; yet Andy has the entertainment factor to ciover up his insufficiencies.
Does any iof this register with you? Just my thoughts since they were requested;)
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks vic3 for your comments - I don't know if the list is correct either but that is what was on wetpaint yesterday when I looked so we will find out tomorrow. It just seems strange to me that they would have someone do the same dance in their individual dance as they were doing in the team dance. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:29 am

We'll see tomorrow night. BTW, it is highly unlikely that a group dance would be the same as individual dance. But who knows with this show.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:35 am

Just found this on the DWST message board:

DANCING ON MONDAY
Dances on Monday
Sean and Peta - SAMBA to I Wish
Andy and Sharna - SAMBA to Signed Sealed Delivered
Aly and Mark FOXTROT
Kellie and Derek QUICKSTEP
Zendaya and Val CHA CHA CHA
Jacoby and Karina QUICKSTEP
Victor and Lindsay RUMBA
Ingo and Kym TANGO

TEAM SAMBA - Superstition
Kellie and Derek
Andy and Sharna
Sean and Peta
Aly and Mark

TEAM PASO - Higher Ground
Zendaya and VAl
Jacoby and Karina
Ingo and Kym
Victor and Lindsay

Maybe they thought it would be too hard for Sean and Andy to learn two dances in one week [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:19 am

I'm worn out on Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and the Beatles. Why must so many of these shows have an artist theme week? Frankly, I'd like to see someone dance to a Strauss Waltz or jive to a Big Band number. Xavier Cougat for Latin dances.

This stuff just irritates me, especially when someone else tries to sing it. And yes, I'm just a grumpy old woman who wants things her own way.

Carry on.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:15 am

Amen Sing. You know, I have heard all I care about Michael Jackson. I do not understand the law suits. It's not as if Michael was pure as the driven snow. Darn

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:13 pm

I agree with you, Singly, about Michael Jackson and the Beatles. However, I love Stevie Wonder, and could listen to him and his music for hours. Especially his music from the 70's I thought that was when he was at his best.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:01 pm

Nobody's here. Helloooooo...
Well, Sean did not do very well, though he seems endearing. Andy was worse though Len really is being so nice to him and I can't figure it out. He's been meaner to people who did better than Andy (in previous seasons).
Allie did her best dance yet in my eyes...and you know that I am not an Allie fan at all. This is the only time thather dance registered with me. it was a good fox trot except for her awkward frame. her tummy sticks forward and her back caves in a bit. She was good though. pleasantly surprised.
Zendaya is like a little wiggly snake...a skinny wiggly snake. She does al these moves so well, yet something loks a little awkward, and I think it is her height and her long thin legs which put her into a slightly awkward postiton when she dances. No one ever comments on it but it is very noticeable to me. Maybe if she had a taller partner it wold be different. Don't know.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:07 pm

SLA44 wrote:
USN wrote:Some of these couples lucked out, they get to do the same dance.

Sean & Peta are the only ones doing the same dance as the group dance so I'm wondering how accurate this list of dances is that I got off of wetpaint. I don't remember them ever having a couple perform the same dance as they had in the team dance before and it doesn't even seem fair to me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You are telling me I have to see the same dance twice tonight.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Sean was not very good at all tonight. I liked Allie as well and I've always thought Zendaya looks gangly (not sure if that is even a word).

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:54 pm

sdreindeer wrote:Sean was not very good at all tonight. I liked Allie as well and I've always thought Zendaya looks gangly (not sure if that is even a word).
Yes, rein, gangly is a word and that's the right word in this case. It's like she's still 13 and developing. Til she does, she looks gangly.
Victor was beyond awful. ZERO hip action. That is not a Rhumba. He di not do even ONE Rhumba step. he was just doing what bruno so humorously described. exit to the left...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And Carrie was so nice to him after picking on Pickler who was so great!!!
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Good show tonight, but I guess I was expecting Stevie Wonder to sing all the songs. Oh well. Loved the numbers he did.

I thought Zendaya was wonderful. I love the way she moves, and the control she has. Val is doing a great job choreographing for her. Thoroughly enjoyed Andy's dance, and I don't think he was judged correctly. He had some decent hip action in there and some noticeable Samba steps, and it was just fun. Sean, on the other hand, was not fun. It was awkward and stiff and not at all enjoyable to watch. I could not believe the judges scored that mess higher than Andy's. Yikes.

I thought Ingo definitely improved this week as did Jacoby. I was surprised at the comments he got, although I thought his scores were appropriate. But I liked his quickstep and thought he did a pretty good job of standing up straight for a change. Tonight was the first time I really enjoyed one of Aly's dances. I thought this was her best yet and voted for her for the first time.

Kelli was another standout, although I would not have given her 10s. I didn't like it quite as much as the judges did, but for me it was the second best of the night. Victor seems like a real sweetie but for once I agreed with Bruno. He was not good tonight at all. I think his time has come.

On paper Team Paso should have been the better group with Zendaya and Jacoby, but it was rougher than I expected. Paso can be hard to do as a group. Team Samba was a lot of fun and better than I expected, although Sean did not fare any better with the Samba the second time around.

So glad to see Anna again tonight but very sad not to see Tristan. Maybe tomorrow! One can hope. Smile

Goodnight all.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Enjoyed yur comments mustang. (We haven't officially met so hello). I agree with a lot of what you said and what i don't I am not going to debate:D
I did think that Team Paso was good. They all looked like they were doing the paso and did the steps decently. Team Samba, however, did not have enough hip action going on except for Mark (pro). Kellie did her steps well, but no samba hip action. The same with each of them. They danced more of the funky style due to the music and didn't do enough samba styling.
I was not happy with the judges comments/scoring tonight in many situatins. They were too kind (well, Carrie and Len) to those who didn't really deserve it and too picky with those who had danced well. Bruno was the fairest of all tonight.
Mustang, do you have dance experience? Sounds like yo might...
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:07 pm

So, who do we think is going home tomorrow?

Good comments, Vic and Mustang!
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:17 pm

USN wrote:So, who do we think is going home tomorrow?

Good comments, Vic and Mustang!
You never know with this show but probably Victor.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:20 pm

I think Victor will go home tomorrow.

I thought that was Sean's worst dance. I alternated between cringing, hiding my eyes and laughing out loud. I guess taking his shirt off was supposed to distract us from that mess, but it didn't. Heavy spray tan this week! I will say he is very brave to get out in front a tv audience when he can't dance and he is trying so hard. Poor thing.

I have one comment on Aly. What is she doing with her lips and mouth while the judges are talking every week? I'm wondering if they put vaseline on her teeth before she goes out and then she is trying to get it off after.

Kellie is passing Zendaya by as my favorite. She is so good and I love her personality. I missed Andy's dance tonight. I think he is fun to watch even if he is not as good as the others.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:26 pm

grace8136 wrote:I think Victor will go home tomorrow.

I thought that was Sean's worst dance. I alternated between cringing, hiding my eyes and laughing out loud. I guess taking his shirt off was supposed to distract us from that mess, but it didn't. Heavy spray tan this week! I will say he is very brave to get out in front a tv audience when he can't dance and he is trying so hard. Poor thing.

I have one comment on Aly. What is she doing with her lips and mouth while the judges are talking every week. I'm wondering if they put vaseline on her teeth before she goes out and then she is trying to get it off after.

Kellie is passing Zendaya by as my favorite. She is so good and I love her personality. I missed Andy's dance tonight. I think he is fun to watch even if he is not as good as the others.
Hi Grace. Yup, Sean was awful. really awful thsi week. I thought the smae thing when he took off his shirt. Distract everyone.
Didn't pay attention to what Allie did. have to look.
Kellie was my fav from the first show. I saw how good she was and thught that she'd probably win. Zendaya is very good but there is something awkward abut her legs. She reminds me of a little horse when he is first born with those long legs that he is wobbling on and has troubling controlling. Something just looks a bit awkward but she is still is good.
Andy played a postal delivery person (to be politically correct otherwise I just would have said mailman).
He didn't really do any samba steps with the correct hip action except for one traveling step which I thought he did well. You'll see a snippet tomorrow.

victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:36 pm

victorian3 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:I think Victor will go home tomorrow.

I have one comment on Aly. What is she doing with her lips and mouth while the judges are talking every week. I'm wondering if they put vaseline on her teeth before she goes out and then she is trying to get it off after.

Hi Grace. Yup, Sean was awful. really awful thsi week. I thought the smae thing when he took off his shirt. Distract everyone.
Didn't pay attention to what Allie did. have to look.
Kellie was my fav from the first show. I saw how good she was and thught that she'd probably win. Zendaya is very good but there is something awkward abut her legs. She reminds me of a little horse when he is first born with those long legs that he is wobbling on and has troubling controlling. Something just looks a bit awkward but she is still is good.
Andy played a postal delivery person (to be politically correct otherwise I just would have said mailman).
He didn't really do any samba steps with the correct hip action except for one traveling step which I thought he did well. You'll see a snippet tomorrow.

The little horse analogy is good. I don't think she has quite grown into her body yet. A taller partner would probably help though. Kellie looks as good as some of the pros to me. She has a wonderful mix about her. Not only is she good, but she's sweet, funny and humble. I think she will win though my daughter told me that Zendaya has a lot of fans. I had never heard of her before, but apparently she's quite popular with the kids.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top