DWTS Sixth Week

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Sixth Week - Page 2 Empty Re: DWTS Sixth Week

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:43 pm

:)ing that you like my little horse analogy. Yes, I think the same way..and posted about it somewhere, about how if her partner were taller she might not be doing that with her legs. Kellie is sweet and sincere and shas this naive innocent quality that she had on AI. Love her. I guess though in the end it is all about the fans and if they will vote. (That is IF this show is truly legit with the voting). Goodnight grace.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:49 pm

victorian3 wrote::)ing that you like my little horse analogy. Yes, I think the same way..and posted about it somewhere, about how if her partner were taller she might not be doing that with her legs. Kellie is sweet and sincere and shas this naive innocent quality that she had on AI. Love her. I guess though in the end it is all about the fans and if they will vote. (That is IF this show is truly legit with the voting). Goodnight grace.

Goodnight.. Sleep
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:31 am

Geez. I came on here this morning with my thoughts, and now all I can think of is Zendaya's build. Glad I mostly stayed out of dancing when I was young because this would have been the perception of me, regardless of how good I might have become. My insecurities mostly kept me off the floor. 6' and 135 pounds at age 16. Elbows that could cut paper. Concave stomach. L-o-n-g legs. So, I identify with Zendaya and appreciate that her parents gave her such a healthy self-image. Wish my mom had. She meant well, but I didn't cast off her mental implant until I was 30.

ANYWAY...my opinion of last night. Zendaya, Kellie and Jacoby were as entertaining as usual, though Jacoby is slipping off my top three. Just something about him... can't put a finger on it, but I don't think it's his toes. lol.

Ingo was surprising. I thoroughly enjoyed his performance. Aly, on the other hand, was a yawn. She may be good, but there's no love of the dance in her. I WANT to like her dancing but...

Both Sean and Victor sucked. I suppose Victor will go home tomorrow. Sean is on borrowed time.

As for Andy... I think the judges are being kind because it has hit them that he's in no way fooling around. His desire to learn the dances is so heartfelt and he's striving, despite the outcome. He's endearing and seems fragile.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:52 am

All I have to say it was all worth it to see Tony Dovolani for a few minutes!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:37 am

newto the boards wrote:All I have to say it was all worth it to see Tony Dovolani for a few minutes!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yes, Tony is wonderful he and Luis Amstel are responsible for a lot of the choreography in the show andoutiside of this show they both do alot of it as well.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 am

singlyme wrote:Geez. I came on here this morning with my thoughts, and now all I can think of is Zendaya's build. Glad I mostly stayed out of dancing when I was young because this would have been the perception of me, regardless of how good I might have become. My insecurities mostly kept me off the floor. 6' and 135 pounds at age 16. Elbows that could cut paper. Concave stomach. L-o-n-g legs. So, I identify with Zendaya and appreciate that her parents gave her such a healthy self-image. Wish my mom had. She meant well, but I didn't cast off her mental implant until I was 30.

ANYWAY...my opinion of last night. Zendaya, Kellie and Jacoby were as entertaining as usual, though Jacoby is slipping off my top three. Just something about him... can't put a finger on it, but I don't think it's his toes. lol.

Ingo was surprising. I thoroughly enjoyed his performance. Aly, on the other hand, was a yawn. She may be good, but there's no love of the dance in her. I WANT to like her dancing but...

Both Sean and Victor sucked. I suppose Victor will go home tomorrow. Sean is on borrowed time.

As for Andy... I think the judges are being kind because it has hit them that he's in no way fooling around. His desire to learn the dances is so heartfelt and he's striving, despite the outcome. He's endearing and seems fragile.

Now singly, you are perfect and were perfect exactly as you are /were. We were not commenting on her height/leg length persay, it was more that she seemed to MOVE in an awkward way. She was most probably trying to compensate for her height and almost apologize and try to hide by moving then like that and thinking she would appear shorter. Don't know if it was conscious or not. She might just shrink down when near people who are shorter than she is.
I can understand how this might have awakened your feelings from your youth and I am so sorry that our comments made you revisit something that made you uncomfortable.
As I told you in the Baby Picture day thread, no one feels perfect and we all have insecurities whether perceived or real. I certainly have mine. Your height would have made you perfect for a modeling career, whereas, at 5'2" that field would be closed to me (like I'd be a model HA). Plus, you could have danced years ago but probably would have felt most comfortable with a tall partner. I don't feel comfortable dancing with someone taller than 6'1". Then i feel as if I have to stand on my toes!
So, if you feel like it one day, get in front of the mirror and DANCE!!! Be proud. feel beautiful!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:15 am

Thanks for the thoughts, Vic. As I said, Mom was always trying to make me look shorter. Inside, I felt the height was an abnormality which needed a disguise. Plus, I was clutzy. That didn't help matters. (the "awkward" element). And yes, many said I should go into modeling - but with my insecurities, the idea of being on a stage was terrifying. As I said, it took me until about 30 to leave that insecurity behind. Now, I don't give a flying flip. I'm "me." These days, I'd like to lose 20 pounds. lol.

I don't really think Z looks like she's trying to shrink. She oozes self-confidence. To me, she looks great, but the comments made me realize that height and skinniness are still noticed - not condemned - but "noticed."

BTW. I think if Victor and Andy get sympathy votes, Sean may be the one going home.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:25 am

I believe Victor will be the one to go, although I think there is a possibility of Sean going. He just seemed to fall apart last night. Not sure about Andy...seems like he is endearing to a lot of people, even though he can't dance very good. If anyone other than one of these three go, I'll be surprised.

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:23 pm

I think it will probably be Victor that goes home. Andy must have a huge fan base.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 pm

I think Vic Wii go home. I know Sean was not good, I think the slower dances will fit him better. Normally I blow the judges remarks off. I think when they hit below the belt are totally uncalled for.I do think they need to tell a person on the show they are sorry for the comment. The quest on the show are not professional in dancing and should not be degrading.IMHO Soapbox

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Is it possible that Allie might be in the bottom 3? I don't see how she resonates with viewers...
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:31 pm

I doubt it, Vic. I'm thinking she will make it to the final 3.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Really USN? You think that it will be kellie, Zendaya and Allie?
Possibly. I still think that Jacoby could have a shot instead of Allie. She is just kind of boring and does have pizazz or is it pizzazz:)
I don't feel that people really relate to her. The younger viewers might prefer Zendaya.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:17 pm

I would think the younger fans would go for Aly. My guess is that Aly has a much bigger fan base than Zendaya.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Maybe. I have no clue. I never heard of either of them. I do think, however, that Zendaya seems more personable. This week I thought Allie did a good job but I just felt that Zendaya realted more. Maybe Allie has the bigger base because of her Olympic background. We'll see in a few weeks:)
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 pm

I actually thought Zendaya would be gone by now. I didn't think she would have the fan base.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:27 pm

USN wrote:I would think the younger fans would go for Aly. My guess is that Aly has a much bigger fan base than Zendaya.

You could be right about the fan base USN. I had never heard of Zendaya before where I did know who Aly was but that does not really mean much since I have never watched the Disney Channel and can't even if I wanted to which I don't. Her brother didn't last long when he was on so we will see how much longer she lasts but then I don't think the judges raved over him like they do Zendaya!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 pm

SLA44 wrote:
USN wrote:I would think the younger fans would go for Aly. My guess is that Aly has a much bigger fan base than Zendaya.

You could be right about the fan base USN. I had never heard of Zendaya before where I did know who Aly was but that does not really mean much since I have never watched the Disney Channel and can't even if I wanted to which I don't. Her brother didn't last long when he was on so we will see how much longer she lasts but then I don't think the judges raved over him like they do Zendaya!

Boy am I out of the loop. Who is Zendays's brother and when was he on? I musy have missed jearing that.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 pm

I think Zendaya is an only child.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 pm

I haven't watched the Disney Channel since my boys were little.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:53 pm

victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

Boy am I out of the loop. Who is Zendays's brother and when was he on? I musy have missed jearing that.

I don't remember his name but he was on either the show before the all stars or even two shows before the all stars and to me he was a real smart allelic (SP?) and couldn't get eliminated fast enough. He was also a Disney Star. I think they mentioned him when she was introduced. Needless to say I was anything but happy to see his sister on this show - ABC must really cater to that family IMO. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:55 pm

SLA44 wrote:

I had never heard of Zendaya either, but half of these stars I've never heard of. Come on SLA.....you wouldn't want to watch the Disney Channel?? LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:00 pm

I stand corrected USN - it was her TV brother that was on before - I found this on the DWTS website:

Q. Do you have a "dancing" hero (pro dancer or other dancing star). Are any former DWTS stars an inspiration to you?

A. My dancing icon would definitely be Michael Jackson. A previous
DWTS contestant who inspired me was of course, my TV brother Roshon. I
watched and voted for him every night of the show.
LOL! Rein, no I wouldn't want to watch the Disney Channel!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:11 pm

I was just going to ask you if you were thinking about Roshon.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top