DWTS General Chit Chat

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS General Chit Chat - Page 16 Empty Re: DWTS General Chit Chat

Post by Lesallee Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:31 pm

kincaid53 wrote:On Monday the 23rd during the finals  an openly gay artist named 'Who Is Fancy' will debut his new song 'Boys Like You' about a man falling in love with another man featuring Meghan Trainor and Ariana Grande.
    His choreographer sent an email to dwts producers because he wants to feature two males dancing hip to  hip together in hold. DWTS said no.  They will allow near dancing and creative conversations are ongoing about the dance number.

I probably won't watch the performance  anyway, because I'm am not a fan of the donut licking..dissing Americans...Grande Yuck
Doesn't sound like a "must see" to me, Sis. I am assuming Nick and Sharna will be in the final so I will watch for their freestyle and I want to see Hayes and Emma again but other than that I am not excited for this finale at all. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudoplatov Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:52 pm

¡

Así se bailaba el tango!

Sudoplatov

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Did anyone else watch the premiere of "Agent X?"  I swear that was D'mitri in a bit role.  Yes?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:41 pm

singlyme wrote:Did anyone else watch the premiere of "Agent X?"  I swear that was D'mitri in a bit role.  Yes?
It was indeed Dmitry Chaplin, singly. He is a favourite of mine and has been landing several acting roles. I would love to see him back as a pro on DWTS but I think that ship has sailed.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Just saw an ABC press release that says Alexa PenaVega will not be returning. There was no mention of elimination next Mon night so maybe there will be none and a 4 couple finale is in play.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:31 pm

That's fine with me - I didn't think she should come back.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:27 pm

I wish the show runners could have figured out a way to bring back Alexa without causing any backlash. I always liked Alexa's quality of movement and enjoyed her dancing very much. Mark was good with Alexa too.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

DWTS General Chit Chat - Page 16 Empty The Peabody Choreography

Post by luvthepros Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:44 am

There have been two choreographers who have used the Peabody move in their choreography this season......

First is Allison in the "Singin' in the Rain" Jazz number. Second is Derek and/or Mark in the "All That Jazz/Hot Honey Rag" number from "Chicago".
You will recognize these moves when you see Robert Preston and Shirley Jones performing the choreography.

Click on the YouTube link and jump to 3:49 to see the Peabody moves from the 1962 movie, "The Music Man".......

The Peabody move
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:59 am

luvthepros wrote:I wish the show runners could have figured out a way to bring back Alexa without causing any backlash. I always liked Alexa's quality of movement and enjoyed her dancing very much. Mark was good with Alexa too.
But then where do you draw the line? Wouldn't others have deserved a comeback before, and even more than Alexa? I almost expected we'd see her back, but apparently it would have meant bending if not breaking the rules. The votes have to be respected, and people prefered Tamar over Alexa. It was only because of the rules that Tamar returned to perform with Nick- Tom explained it.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Facebook gleanings: in the last day alone Bindi and Derek have been featured four (4) times. Everybody else got 1 mention. And the beat goes on - to the coronation of Bindi. One poster objected to the unending promotion and was told by a diehard B & D fan that she has no right to even turn DWTS on and should be ashamed of herself! 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:08 am

For one who's completely aware of Derek's "golden boy" status, it doesn't stop me from appreciating what he pulls out of his partners.  After years of resenting him, I've come to respect his talent and often brilliant choreography.

While I must admit, at first, I found Bindi's overly effusive personality somewhat off-putting, she's proven herself quite the dancer.  Whether being promoted for the win or not, IMO, she's the best of the lot - followed by Nick.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:54 am

I agree with what you say about Derek's golden boy status which sometimes irks me, but I feel isn't his fault.  I blame it more on the show.  Yes, and I appreciate and like him anyway.  I know what you mean about Bindi's personality and it's what completely put me off Kellie Pickler, but Kellie to me was way worse.  Even though someone is a good dancer, if I don't care for their personality or feel like they are being set up to win, then I am still put off by them.  Except for Tamar.  I wasn't crazy about her personality from watching her on her reality show and at the beginning of this show, but I made some concession for her after watching her dance.  I felt I could take a little bad with the good.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Glitters, I think you are on point. Quite amusing how you put it, and we're on the same page here. Just imagine Tamar getting all the PR Bindi gets- Val would have had two balls soon (mirror balls, of course)!!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

DWTS General Chit Chat - Page 16 Empty Australian DWTS

Post by tinytiny Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:10 pm

At dinner last night, we were discussing many subjects as usual, but DWTS came up and someone asked about an Australian version. One gal said she thought there was a similar show in Australia and wondered why Bindi wasn't on the show in her home country. I thought that maybe because she is supposedly trying to get a reality show, that might be why she is here on the show. Would she want her reality show to be here rather than in Australia? Of course, I don't know for sure if she really does want her own show, but it got me thinking about why she would be on the American version rather than on the Australian version. Or even if there is an Australian version. Then I thought about Tommy Chong who is from Canada, but I think he is an American citizen now. Anyway, not that it matters one way or the other for Bindi, but I was just curious. Since it appears that she might be the next winner of the show, would she be the only non-American winner? Was Nicole Scherzinger British? So many questions. Any thoughts?

tinytiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:36 pm

When I looked it up, Helio Castroneves is the only winner who wasn't from the US.  He is Brazilian.  But the dancers are from all over.  Yes, Bindi should have competed in Australia, lol.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:40 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Glitters, I think you are on point. Quite amusing how you put it, and we're on the same page here. Just imagine Tamar getting all the PR Bindi gets- Val would have had two balls soon (mirror balls, of course)!!
Yes, Tamar not competing really put a damper on things.  I don't know who to root for. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:49 pm

tinytiny wrote:At dinner last night, we were discussing many subjects as usual, but DWTS came up and someone asked about an Australian version.  One gal said she thought there was a similar show in Australia and wondered why Bindi wasn't on the show in her home country.  I thought that maybe because she is supposedly trying to get a reality show, that might be why she is here on the show.  Would she want her reality show to be here rather than in Australia?  Of course, I don't know for sure if she really does want her own show, but it got me thinking about why she would be on the American version rather than on the Australian version.  Or even if there is an Australian version.  Then I thought about Tommy Chong who is from Canada, but I think he is an American citizen now.  Anyway, not that it matters one way or the other for Bindi, but I was just curious.  Since it appears that she might be the next winner of the show, would she be the only non-American winner?  Was Nicole Scherzinger British?  So many questions.  Any thoughts?
You know tiny, I suspect that after Bindi is handed the MBT we will soon hear that the Irwins have signed Bindi up for a reality show on ABC (where else?). The Australian media has reported extensively on the troubles the Irwin's Australian Zoo is experiencing, from animal neglect and abuse, staff firings and irregularities to financial troubles. But oddly, no American media outlets have reported any of that. So if Mama Irwin can land Bindi into a lucrative contract with ABC it will save their bacon. 

If the above scenario comes to pass it demonstrates clearly that DWT is a farce and I will be done with it.  Tantrum
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Please don't over-react, sis. What would I do without you? And think of all our Lovely Ladies. Do they not need our support and encouragement now more than ever? Would you want to miss Peta returning next season? It's not the pros who f...ed it up this season. They are as good and creative as ever. The band has grown and is really good now. The cast is top notch. Tom and Erin are doing their best to keep it together. The judging is questionable. The production is a nightmare. Don't punish the wrong ones. Just saying.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by tinytiny Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:34 pm

I just realized that if Bindi competed on the Australian DWTS she couldn't have had Derek as a partner. Maybe that's why she's here instead.

tinytiny

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:40 pm

She was young and she needed the money.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:45 pm

Lesallee wrote:
tinytiny wrote:At dinner last night, we were discussing many subjects as usual, but DWTS came up and someone asked about an Australian version.  One gal said she thought there was a similar show in Australia and wondered why Bindi wasn't on the show in her home country.  I thought that maybe because she is supposedly trying to get a reality show, that might be why she is here on the show.  Would she want her reality show to be here rather than in Australia?  Of course, I don't know for sure if she really does want her own show, but it got me thinking about why she would be on the American version rather than on the Australian version.  Or even if there is an Australian version.  Then I thought about Tommy Chong who is from Canada, but I think he is an American citizen now.  Anyway, not that it matters one way or the other for Bindi, but I was just curious.  Since it appears that she might be the next winner of the show, would she be the only non-American winner?  Was Nicole Scherzinger British?  So many questions.  Any thoughts?
You know tiny, I suspect that after Bindi is handed the MBT we will soon hear that the Irwins have signed Bindi up for a reality show on ABC (where else?). The Australian media has reported extensively on the troubles the Irwin's Australian Zoo is experiencing, from animal neglect and abuse, staff firings and irregularities to financial troubles. But oddly, no American media outlets have reported any of that. So if Mama Irwin can land Bindi into a lucrative contract with ABC it will save their bacon. 

If the above scenario comes to pass it demonstrates clearly that DWT is a farce and I will be done with it.  Tantrum

Ok once again in the long line at the market...and once again  bindi in everything....yes sis I think that was the plan, her 'peeps' probably pushed hard for it and abc thought yes she will be easy to exploit.....girl loses father at 8...girl is almost a woman now so give her to Derek to put a mask on her have her run her hand down her neck towards her cleavage.......Derek really doesn't have to do much and he hasn't in terms of the choreography we know he is capable of.
    One article said 'Bindi has devoted herself to traveling the world following her fathers footsteps by becoming a television personality in her own right'    Bindi "I want to take all of my dreams and goals and 'push' them out to the world.
   I'm with you if she wins Mad! I will be done also...........well at least until March and the new cast is announced Ashamed

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:48 pm

You're one tough cookie!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:You're one tough cookie!
You have to if you're watching this show.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by tinytiny Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Well clearly something is up. With all the publicity about that girl, you wouldn't even know who the other contestants are that are competing on the show this year.

tinytiny

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm

tinytiny wrote:I just realized that if Bindi competed on the Australian DWTS she couldn't have had Derek as a partner.  Maybe that's why she's here instead.
I would imagine the American version of this show has the most exposure globally. I may be wrong but that is the impression I get.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top