DWTS General Chit Chat

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS General Chit Chat - Page 7 Empty Re: DWTS General Chit Chat

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:04 pm

My rambling thought of the day...  I think the music is much better this season.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:24 pm

DWTSGossip says there is a double elimination coming soon. Betcha this seasons "shocking elimination" will be in there. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Yes "shocking " elimination .... maybe the married couple will go out together .... Stir the pot
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Oakma wrote:Yes "shocking " elimination .... maybe the married couple will go out together .... Stir the pot
I have a feeling you might be correct.  Although I think Carlos and Alexa are great dancers, I don't think they have the fanbase to take them into the final.  It's similar to the Charlie and Meryl situation except Meryl and Charlie are more popular and have a bigger fanbase.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:45 pm

I hope Paula leaves before them.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I hope Paula leaves before them.
I think Paula is next! But I have no idea who would go after her! Their all doing so well !  First season I felt that way!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I hope Paula leaves before them.

Me, too.  And Andy hasn't been doing all that well, either.  He's sliding into obscurity, I think.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:38 am

Yes ... I think Paula will be next.Then we will have the "shocking" elimination and then the usual "beat down" of the "favourite" couple where they get an un-called for low score to spur them on to harder work and even better performances ... then there will be the team that start talking like "we just do our best and whatever happens,happens" ....

I can write this stuff ... Smile
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:40 am

Oakma wrote:Yes ... I think Paula will be next.Then we will have the "shocking" elimination and then the usual "beat down" of the "favourite" couple where they get an un-called for low score to spur them on to harder work and even better performances ... then there will be the team that start talking like "we just do our best and whatever happens,happens" ....

I can write this stuff ... Smile

Tamar would make a great "shocking elimination".  It would be another Elizabeth Berkely situation:  great dancer but no real love from the general audience.  But then we wouldn't get to see her dance a freestyle, which would be a bummer.  This is a really tough season -- I like way too many of the stars.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:49 am

Let me boil that down. Your critique is the show is too good- congratulations. That's a first. High five
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:44 pm

They better not send Tamar away.  She is one of the few ones who I find entertaining.  Elizabeth was a good dancer and I liked her, but I think Tamar has a more interesting personality when she dances.  She maybe has more spark.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:They better not send Tamar away.  She is one of the few ones who I find entertaining.  Elizabeth was a good dancer and I liked her, but I think Tamar has a more interesting personality when she dances.  She maybe has more spark.

America tends to vote for the ones that make them smile. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:They better not send Tamar away.  She is one of the few ones who I find entertaining.  Elizabeth was a good dancer and I liked her, but I think Tamar has a more interesting personality when she dances.  She maybe has more spark.
I loved Elizabeth Berkeley and the despicable comments so called DWTS fans directed her way angered me no end.  

Elizabeth suffered from a lack of confidence which held her back; certainly Tamar doesn't share that. She appears totally confident and completely at ease in her own skin.

I like watching Tamar's dancing, she is very talented. She may make F4 but I can't see a win for Valentay. Tamar simply hasn't connected on a personal level with the majority of viewers. Nastia didn't either and she was another lovely dancer.  But that affinity with the fans is all important in a show that is really a popularity contest. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:24 pm

I guess that's what it is, that Tamar has more confidence.  I don't know why Elizabeth didn't have it, especially because she was in a movie where she was dancing.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Lesallee wrote:

I like watching Tamar's dancing, she is very talented. She may make F4 but I can't see a win for Valentay. Tamar simply hasn't connected on a personal level with the majority of viewers. Nastia didn't either and she was another lovely dancer.  But that affinity with the fans is all important in a show that is really a popularity contest. 
And that sums up the dilemma of this show in the best possible way.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:31 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I guess that's what it is, that Tamar has more confidence.  I don't know why Elizabeth didn't have it, especially because she was in a movie where she was dancing.
Elizabeth was someone with previous dance experience, who was insecure if she'd be able to fulfill the high expectations she had for herself. Tamar is starting from zero and able to enjoy what she accomplishes.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:58 pm

The reaction to Showgirls is what whalloped Elizabeth's confidence. She was vilified for that role and it hurt her so deeply she has only recently come to terms with it. 

Interestingly, Showgirls has become a cult classic and 2015 audiences viewing it love the movie and Elizabeth. 

Elizabeth's dance experience was some 17 years prior to doing DWTS and really didn't impact her performance in any way. Not like what is now called slut shaming did. My gosh, that poor girl was even ripped apart because some goofs said her eyes were too big, not to mention the several fools on fb who proclaimed her useless because she was "too tall". Grrr! I'm getting angry again, better quit!

Mad!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:46 pm

You're so cute when you are getting angry...
Anyway, in a couple of years people may look back at Elizabeth's DWTS appearance and be like "hey, she was great. She should have been in the finals". Which is the truth.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:09 pm

Hey Lesallee.....hope you and all of our other Canadian friends had a nice Thanksgiving       ..........haha sis I finally found you, took me searching a few threads, but I knew you were around, children that grew in the womb together have that connection...............uh oh maybe tmi.... Ashamed !!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:51 pm

dori1333 wrote:
DWTS General Chit Chat - Page 7 0ff26da631ac46b44dc998f1e32a1f62d30cd9fe_r Love Woo hoo Cheer

Getting ready for tonight's show Blow kisses
MPchimesin
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:01 pm

MPchimesin wrote:
dori1333 wrote:
DWTS General Chit Chat - Page 7 0ff26da631ac46b44dc998f1e32a1f62d30cd9fe_r Love Woo hoo Cheer

Getting ready for tonight's show Blow kisses
Your not going to believe this!!!!! They took it off for football!!! It will be shown at 1:08 am Tuesday morning!! And Maks is on??????? are they serious?News Flash : Not everyone is a football fanatic! No ,I cant tape it! I could scream!  Pull hair
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:16 pm

It's showing up on the TV on line as being on tonight from 8-10 PM.  Where did you hear this?  Monday Night Football is on cable and DWTS is on broadcast TV where I live.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:41 pm

She must live in the Pittsburgh area.  If I understand this correctly, I gather that ABC affiliates provide free broadcasting for the folks back home, and the Pittsburgh Steelers are playing tonight in San Diego.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

She might try to see it online, though. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Psychee22 wrote:She must live in the Pittsburgh area.  If I understand this correctly, I gather that ABC affiliates provide free broadcasting for the folks back home, and the Pittsburgh Steelers are playing tonight in San Diego.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

She might try to see it online, though. 
Thank you,I will try that! And yes ,its the Steelers!  People live and breathe the Steelers in this area and nope ,I'm not one of them! Takes up the news broadcasts and hours after the games!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:05 pm

You can also watch all access online and at last you can see the judges table and see Maksim Very Happy .....I watch it during the west coast broadcast after I've watched the show....

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top