DWTS Episode 1, 9/14/15

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Episode 1, 9/14/15 - Page 2 Empty Re: DWTS Episode 1, 9/14/15

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:43 am

I was really impressed with Alek tonight - I didn't know what to expect from him but he really looked good.

I was not impressed with Chaka or Gary and I don't understand how Gary scored a point higher from each judge than Kim did.  I must have really missed something but I watched both of their dances so maybe I just don't know what they are seeing that I'm not.   Confused
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:45 am

Yes, SLA, good comment about Alek.  He was really impressive tonight!
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:54 am

IA with you. WW. Gary Busey turned my stomach; I could not wait for him to get off my TV screen.

Back to top Go down

DWTS Episode 1, 9/14/15 - Page 2 Empty DWTS Fodder

Post by Psychee22 Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:19 am

newto wrote:IA with you. WW.  Gary Busey turned my stomach; I could not wait for him to get off my TV screen.

Every season needs good fodder to send home in the first few weeks.  Gary is a good candidate for that role, I think.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moni81 Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:21 am

I really don't know who in their right mind on this show thought Gary Busy would be amazing for this show..the men is a TRAINWRECK
moni81
moni81

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:27 am

moni81 wrote:I really don't know who in their right mind on this show thought Gary Busy would be amazing for this show..the men is a TRAINWRECK

I'll bet that they knew he wouldn't be a good dancer, but that he has the kind of expansive personality that would embrace the challenge, while being one of only a few personalities that would be familiar to older viewers.  They use him to lure folks to the show and then those same folks get to become familiar with the other contestants, start to like them, and then stick around as Busey is eliminated.  Sounds like a plan!  Smile
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:10 am

WidderWoman4 wrote:I'm still watching (West Coastie, here) and just saw Gary Busey.  Damn.  I love Anna Trebunskaya, but Gary Busey is something straight out of my nightmare closet (he's really creepy) and tonight he was either seriously drunk or seriously stoned on top of his creepiness.

Ewwww.

In case some of you don't know or have forgotten, Gary was in a serious motorcycle accident many years ago - landed on his head and had some brain damage.  Still, he seems to embrace the insanity.  I watched one season of The Apprentice, during which Meatloaf observed that Gary turned it on and off.  I wanted desperately for Meatloaf to take his head off and thought he might; he was that furious with him.  Can't stand him and hope he goes home soon.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:22 am

MHO (bearing in mind I have no dance skills and only look at smooth lines and beautiful performances):

Loved them:  Tamar & Val, Carlos & Witney, Bindi & Derek (Bindi needs a sedative), Nick & Sharna, Alek & Lindsay

Not too shabby:  Andy & Allison, Alexa & Mark (something felt off with Alexa)

Pretty bad:  Chaka & Keo, Paula & Louis. Kim & Tony

What was that?:  Victor & Karina, Hayes & Emma (started like a contemporary)

Yew, just yew:  Gary & Anna - poor Anna

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:08 am

I did not realize who Kim was until I saw her on the screen. She is the star of a program called "Don't Be Tardy" and is a former Real Housewife of Atlanta, or maybe she is still on there.....I don't know. Sorry but it was a dis-service to Tony to have to dance with her. Why do they keep on doing that to him? He is such a first-class dancer and person; never understood why he keeps coming back for more. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Singly, I agree totally with your assessment.  (And I love the categories.)
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Singly I also totally agree with your assessment and I am looking forward to their next dances.  Well most of their next dances anyway - at least the ones from your top two categories.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:00 pm

I'll watch some of it tonight, but I hate it that it's competing with AGT's finale.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:40 pm

I agree WW but thank heavens it is only for the last hour of AGT and hopefully that will be the half the vomit man is on.   Yuck
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Vomitman and Ladderman!  Yes!
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Oh my goodness - I forgot about Ladderman.  Yes he belongs right there with the vomit man.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyJGray5 Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:02 pm

Loved Bindy and Derrick . .  Don't know how he will deal with the drama needed for the tango and the refinement of the waltz next weeks dances for them. .  But she does have some acting ability so that might help.

My Vote for train wreck of the week goes to Gary and Anna and Paula and Louie. At least one of them should be gone by Tuesday.

J~
LadyJGray5
LadyJGray5

Back to top Go down

Post by onlyme Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:29 pm

singlyme wrote:
WidderWoman4 wrote:I'm still watching (West Coastie, here) and just saw Gary Busey.  Damn.  I love Anna Trebunskaya, but Gary Busey is something straight out of my nightmare closet (he's really creepy) and tonight he was either seriously drunk or seriously stoned on top of his creepiness.

Ewwww.

In case some of you don't know or have forgotten, Gary was in a serious motorcycle accident many years ago - landed on his head and had some brain damage.  Still, he seems to embrace the insanity.  I watched one season of The Apprentice, during which Meatloaf observed that Gary turned it on and off.  I wanted desperately for Meatloaf to take his head off and thought he might; he was that furious with him.  Can't stand him and hope he goes home soon.
Brain injuries are not something you embrace.  Depending on the severity of the damage done, a person can spiral all over the place in their behavior and are unable to control it. I'm surprised DWTS even invited him knowing the difficulties he's had since his accident.   So far he's well behaved but I have seen him where he's laughing and talking and out of nowhere anger takes over and he can be really nasty.  I have no idea if he's on medication or what type of treatment he's receiving (if any now) but it's sad to have him on a show like this as it's definitely not a venue for people with any type of problem.  For his sake and the sake of the viewers, he will be the first to go and I say that with no malice intended.
onlyme
onlyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:44 pm

He was on Celebrity Apprentice and that show would require people having to get along more.  At least here, he mostly has to worry about dancing.  When he does act angry, you don't know if it's an act or real.  His wife seems really normal and nice.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:11 pm

LadyJGray5 wrote:Loved Bindy and Derrick . .  Don't know how he will deal with the drama needed for the tango and the refinement of the waltz next weeks dances for them. .  But she does have some acting ability so that might help.

My Vote for train wreck of the week goes to Gary and Anna and Paula and Louie. At least one of them should be gone by Tuesday.

J~

If Bindi and Derek really have the tango and waltz next week, I look forward to seeing it since it will be serious and totally different from the jive that was such a good fit for her personality.  

I'm concerned for Victor and Karina.  They alluded to Victor having short-term memory issues, and I'm afraid it's going to affect their progress.  I want to see them stick around for awhile.

Pleasantly surprised by how well Alek and Hayes did.  I don't have any favorites yet, but these guys could end up on my list.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:06 am

I watched the AGT finale show, which means I missed the first hour of DWTS, except that I clicked in a couple of times.  Now I'm into the second hour of DWTS.  I'm confused.  Is the Tuesday night show just a repeat of the Monday night show?
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:47 am

WidderWoman4 wrote:I watched the AGT finale show, which means I missed the first hour of DWTS, except that I clicked in a couple of times.  Now I'm into the second hour of DWTS.  I'm confused.  Is the Tuesday night show just a repeat of the Monday night show?
Tonight it was but next week it will be a different dance from the Monday night show if I am understanding correctly.  Monday night will be a new dance and an elimination and then Tuesday night will be another new dance.  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:10 am

I'm not sure I have the patience anymore to give four hours a week to this show. I think I'll wait until they get rid of some of the "chaff" and only the better dancers are left.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 am

WidderWoman4 wrote:I watched the AGT finale show, which means I missed the first hour of DWTS, except that I clicked in a couple of times.  Now I'm into the second hour of DWTS.  I'm confused.  Is the Tuesday night show just a repeat of the Monday night show?

That's what I was wondering.  The show synopsis given in my cable guide said it was a recap of the dances with some new footage of rehearsals and interviews, but we too were watching the AGT finale, and every time I clicked over, it was just a repeat of Monday night's stuff.  We can only have two things going at once, and I was taping "Zoo" during the first hour of DWTS, but I taped the second half of the show.  Now I'm wondering if I should bother watching it.  I watched for a few minutes after AGT ended, and it was still all just repeat stuff.  Never did see anything new.

My take on Monday - I thought it was mostly good.  The only absolute trainwreck for me was Kim.  Her whole "can't dance 'sexy' without my husband' got Trista Sutter booted off first in the premiere season.  I'm hoping that attitude will get Kim booted off first as well.  Despite the fact that she's only 37, she moved less well than Chaka or Paula.  It was just ridiculously careful and painful to watch.  God love Tony, he was giving it his all, but there's only so much you can do with something who seems afraid to move their body. 

Victor is adorable; his dancing not-so-much.  But at least he looked like he was enjoying the heck out of himself out there, so he was more enjoyable to me to watch than Kim.  I'm hoping Chaka can loosen up a bit.  I was hoping she'd be more like Patti LaBelle, but at least this first week, she wasn't anywhere near as smooth.  Still she seems like a fun personality, and her dancing wasn't so awful it was unwatchable.  (My opinion only, I know.)  Same with Paula Deen.  I'm trying to judge her just based on what she does on the show.  Unfortunately, her personality left a WHOLE LOT to be desired.  She's falling into the Chloris Leachman category for me - dirty and/or gross old ladies just aren't funny.  Her dancing wasn't great, but she did seem to have a smoothness to her movements, so there's a possibility she could be decent.  Hopefully it was just nerves; otherwise, she needs to be the next to go.

Gary Busey is definitely weird and at times a bit creepy, but I can't help but admire his refusal to just hide himself away.  Lots of people would.  It just seems like he knows he has a tendency to bizarre behavior, and he's accepted that and even plays into a bit.  I had high hopes he'd be another Tommy Chong (mostly because I adore Anna, and it's been way too long since she's been on the show), but it doesn't appear like that will happen.  I'm thinking Victor and Gary will be third and fourth out, although I couldn't tell you in what order.  Maybe Chaka will be in the mix there too, depending on whether she takes off or not. 

I thought Tamar, Bindi and Nick were really good.  The rest - Alexa, Carlos, Alek, Andy and Hayes - were decent to good and show signs they could be contenders. 

Other thoughts - loved the opening dance.  That was just highly entertaining.  I thought Julianne looked gorgeous.  I thought Erin looked great - love the new haircut.  Thought Mark looked absolutely ridiculous with that bun or whatever it was.  Please, Mark, just get a normal haircut.  You're a nice looking guy when you'll let yourself be.  And show - yes, we get it.  Alexa and Carlos are married.  Now stop.

That is all!  Looking forward to next week.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:52 am

I do not see much point in the Tuesday show if they are just going to show a re-run.They should just re-cap and have the booting ... an hour tops.

I must say though that I do enjoy watching a show that is at least a bit entertaining and has some showmanship to it.I am pretty tired of seeing people do their job or watching bad behavior and having to listen to bleeps every second.

I enjoyed the whole cast.Since I don't know most of them it is easier to watch and see what happens.I think it is pretty obvious who will be in the final and the winner is predictable but all in all the show is still one of the better ones to spend an hour watching.

..... for me at least .... Wink
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:26 am

Oakma wrote:I do not see much point in the Tuesday show if they are just going to show a re-run.They should just re-cap and have the booting ... an hour tops.

I must say though that I do enjoy watching a show that is at least a bit entertaining and has some showmanship to it.I am pretty tired of seeing people do their job or watching bad behavior and having to listen to bleeps every second.

I enjoyed the whole cast.Since I don't know most of them it is easier to watch and see what happens.I think it is pretty obvious who will be in the final and the winner is predictable but all in all the show is still one of the better ones to spend an hour watching.

..... for me at least .... Wink
I agree Oakma! High five Its a fun show,better than some on tv!I think Bindie and Nick will be in the finals!But then we never know,Do we??
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top