Is Marcus actually joining the military?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Marcus actually joining the military?  Empty Is Marcus actually joining the military?

Post by DoubleDS10 Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:35 am

Is that really true? I guess things must get pretty desperate after several bach appearances and a cheesy fake wedding.
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Is Marcus actually joining the military?  Empty Re: Is Marcus actually joining the military?

Post by sdreindeer Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Yes...he joined the Coast Guard.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Is Marcus actually joining the military?  Empty Re: Is Marcus actually joining the military?

Post by USN Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:10 pm

My guess is that Marcus isn't a citizen of the US, and he did it to fast track his citizenship.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:27 pm

USN wrote:My guess is that Marcus isn't a citizen of the US, and he did it to fast track his citizenship.
BINGO! He is Canadian.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:57 pm

If you look at a photo on his Instagram from about 11 weeks ago, you'll see both he and Lacey have U.S. passports.

He may have been born in Canada but he's got to be a U.S. citizen if he has a U.S. passport.  Perhaps he's a dual citizen of Canada and the U.S.
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:00 pm

I will say, however, that most of this show's contestants manage to promote themselves, start a company, or develop a product as a result of being on this show.

I think it's the lure of the opportunity fame affords them to make big bucks which is more alluring to them than the prospect of finding one's soulmate.  

Example:  I just saw that Lacey has launched a new perfume called "I Do.' 

Here viewers are, oohing and aahing over love, while this show's contestants smirk all the way to the bank.
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:03 pm

A Canadian can enlist in the US Military?  You sure he is not enlisting in the Canadian armed forces, or is already legally a citizen of the US?
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:19 pm

Bal, a person doesn't have to be a citizen of the US to join the military.  That is how a lot of people become US citizens.  By serving, you can become a citizen much faster.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:44 pm

USN wrote:Bal, a person doesn't have to be a citizen of the US to join the military.  That is how a lot of people become US citizens.  By serving, you can become a citizen much faster.
Hum I did not know that.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:15 pm

My grandfather was an Italian citizen when he served in the US Army during WW1.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:35 pm

BAL91182 wrote:
USN wrote:Bal, a person doesn't have to be a citizen of the US to join the military.  That is how a lot of people become US citizens.  By serving, you can become a citizen much faster.
Hum I did not know that.

I was stationed with a number of Filipino servicemen who obtained their citizenship while serving.  It takes about 8-10 mos, but they have to wait until arrive at their first permanent duty station before they can start the process.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top