Marcus and Lacy breakup

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marcus and Lacy breakup Empty Marcus and Lacy breakup

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:18 pm

According to WP, Marcus and Lacy have split.  Remember the wedding ceremony they had on BIP?  FAKE not even legal  Marcus enlisted in the Marines, and apparently while he was away at training, Lacy didn't miss him.  They say Marcus also dated JoJo a few years back.  It seems the people on these shows all know each other before the show.  What a sham this show is.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Marcus and Lacy breakup Empty Re: Marcus and Lacy breakup

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:37 pm

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1124181/bachelor-in-paradise-lacy-faddoul-and-marcus-grodd-not-legally-married
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:02 pm

I'm glad we got that straightened out.  Yes, the show is a sham.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:31 pm

thisoldmule wrote:According to WP, Marcus and Lacy have split.  Remember the wedding ceremony they had on BIP?  FAKE not even legal    What a sham this show is.

Holy Crap; we outta sue Fleiss for ....well something. Bogus, but I don't care, the only reason I watched was because Lacy had Huge Cans.   

BTW folks; when couples do a "Destination Wedding" not on American soil - say on the beach in Aruba , is it a legit marriage certificate, or what do they have to do once they return to the USA??
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by ATN Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:31 pm

[quote="thisoldmule"]According to WP, Marcus and Lacy have split.  Remember the wedding ceremony they had on BIP?  FAKE not even legal  Marcus enlisted in the Marines, and apparently while he was away at training, Lacy didn't miss him.  They say Marcus also dated JoJo a few years back.  It seems the people on these shows all know each other before the show.  What a sham this show is.[/quote]

I can't watch this show anymore.  I tried but it's the same garbage season after season.  I gave up on JoJo on night 1 and I didn't watch Ben.  

UnREAL is so much better!  Check it out on Mondays at 10 on Lifetime (I guess depending on your area).  It's a great show!
ATN
ATN

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:00 am

For anyone who would like to watch Unreal and do not have Lifetime, you can download the app and watch it online on Tuesday.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:24 pm

Ughwhatname wrote: For anyone who would like to watch Unreal and do not have Lifetime, you can download the app and watch it online on Tuesday.
Can you still get the app if you don't have and how much does it cost?
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:21 pm

It is free. I just downloaded it onto my iPad. I have no cable provider. I'm an over-the-air antennae gal.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:06 pm

Ughwhatname wrote:It is free. I just downloaded it onto my iPad. I have no cable provider. I'm an over-the-air antennae gal.
Thanks Ugh!  Here's to us over-the-air antennae gals.   High five
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:48 pm

Here's the link to the story in Life & Style about the break-up from an interview with Marcus:

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/bachelor-in-paradise-marcus-grodd-lacy-faddoul-marriage-breakup-105212
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:58 pm

Marcus is a sweet and sensitive guy; too good for Lacy! No
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:13 am

It's good that they didn't have children yet. Did Lacy know that Marcus was planning on becoming a Marine when they got "married"?

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Zinartwo wrote:It's good that they didn't have children yet. Did Lacy know that Marcus was planning on becoming a Marine when they got "married"?
They were never officially married - that supposed wedding on the beach was just for show and not a legal wedding.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:39 pm

I would like to know what happened with that.  Was Lacy too shallow for Marcus?  She didn't like the idea of him joining the military?  She supposedly just ghosted him or whatever the term is.  She didn't give him an explanation. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Don't know - have only heard what Marcus said in that interview - Lacy hasn't bothered to say anything yet that I'm aware of.  Confused
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:33 am

Glittersisgld wrote:I would like to know what happened with that.  Was Lacy too shallow for Marcus?  She didn't like the idea of him joining the military?  She supposedly just ghosted him or whatever the term is.  She didn't give him an explanation. 
I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if Marcus told Lacy that he was going to become a Marine.

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:52 pm

I thought it was mentioned when they had the fake wedding on BIP.   So I really don't know what happened other than Lacy seems to have disappeared.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:50 pm

Let me ask again; does anybody know how does a couple get their "Destination Wedding" validated in the US?   Do they have to report to their state's courthouse and apply for a license?  Or can they obtain a license before leaving the US and have their wedding anywhere in the world?
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Feces.Hurling.Monkey wrote:Let me ask again; does anybody know how does a couple get their "Destination Wedding" validated in the US?   Do they have to report to their state's courthouse and apply for a license?  Or can they obtain a license before leaving the US and have their wedding anywhere in the world?
oh, Monkey. that's an easy google search to find out.  I think you just like women to do the work for you.  http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/destination-weddings-is-your-marriage-legal.html
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:17 pm

Feces.Hurling.Monkey wrote:Let me ask again; does anybody know how does a couple get their "Destination Wedding" validated in the US?   Do they have to report to their state's courthouse and apply for a license?  Or can they obtain a license before leaving the US and have their wedding anywhere in the world?
the short answer is no.  No need to have it "validated' in the U.S.  Different states may have different requirements, so you would check with your own state to make sure, but basically all you have to do is make certain that the marriage is legal in the country where you are getting married -- any legal foreign marriage will be accepted within the U.S. You do not have to go and get it "validated" anymore than a couple married in Massachusetts would have to  get their marriage "validated" in New York if they changed their residence.

What you might want to do though is upon return to the states visit the embassy or consulate of the foreign country where you were married and have them give you some sort of statement of verification.  But basically your foreign license is a valid marriage license.

This is NOT legal advice and if you are planning a foreign marriage you should check with a lawyer in your state regarding any rules specific to that state.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:50 pm

GymGirlJane wrote:
, but basically all you have to do is make certain that the marriage is legal in the country where you are getting married -- any legal foreign marriage will be accepted within the U.S. You do not have to go and get it "validated" anymore than a couple married in Massachusetts would have to  get their marriage "validated" in New York if they changed their residence.

OK, Great answer Gymmie and that makes sense, somewhat - I would think that a US citizen would have to return to the courthouse to get it validated and registered, but I suppose the "recognition" clause works....except, suppose (hypothetically) a foreign country has weirdo marriage norms and allows a guy (or gurl) to marry (4) women, including one below the age a US state allows for consent; how could that marriage be legally recognized in the US??
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:54 pm

thisoldmule wrote:
oh, Monkey. that's an easy google search to find out.  I think you just like women to do the work for you.  http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/destination-weddings-is-your-marriage-legal.html
Oh gee thanks ya OldMule; nothing like getting a link to a bunch of links that take me to a ad heavy page that takes forever to load, then I gotta sort through a bunch of blah, blah, blah only to realize I didn't get an answer, so I gotta go back to the gigantic link page and try to find another link that will have a better answer....all the while wasting my time when you could have been doing my work for me and making me a sammich too........sheeze
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:00 am

Feces.Hurling.Monkey wrote:
thisoldmule wrote:
Oh gee thanks ya OldMule; nothing like getting a link to a bunch of links that take me to a ad heavy page that takes forever to load, then I gotta sort through a bunch of blah, blah, blah only to realize I didn't get an answer, so I gotta go back to the gigantic link page and try to find another link that will have a better answer....all the while wasting my time when you could have been doing my work for me and making me a sammich too........sheeze
I don't know what you are talking about.  That link goes right to a page that said pretty much what gymgirl said.  
For 15 bucks you can buy your own sammich maker.  Marcus and Lacy breakup Sammic10
Jimmy Johns makes a good sammich too, and they deliver.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:20 am

Feces.Hurling.Monkey wrote:

OK, Great answer Gymmie and that makes sense, somewhat - I would think that a US citizen would have to return to the courthouse to get it validated and registered, but I suppose the "recognition" clause works....except, suppose (hypothetically) a foreign country has weirdo marriage norms and allows a guy (or gurl) to marry (4) women, including one below the age a US state allows for consent; how could that marriage be legally recognized in the US??
  If the foreign marriage breaks any state law, that state will not recognize it.  Bigamy for example is outlawed in every state in the U.S.  So a foreign marriage that violated bigamy laws in the U.S. would not be recognized here.

This is the general rule.  There may be some minor exceptions.  I am not a family or matrimonial lawyer.  I suppose I could send an associate to the library to do a 50 state survey for you but it does not seem like a good use of our time. Very Happy

Again, this does not constitute legal advice and anyone contemplating a foreign marriage should consult with an attorney in his or her state of residence.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:56 am

A friend of mine just got married in Mexico, she is Canadian and so is her spouse. They had to have a marriage license from Canada before they left. I know nothing about this subject other than this personal case scenario.
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top