The Lovely Ladies of DWTS, Present and Past

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lovely Ladies of DWTS, Present and Past Empty The Lovely Ladies of DWTS, Present and Past

Post by Lesallee Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:28 pm

We had a lot of great discussions in this thread on the ABC board and I think we will have many here in our new home. 

This topic came to be as a lot of us felt the ladies of DWTS weren't getting the attention they so deserved as the men always seemed to grab the lion's share. 

So let's talk, about the lovely ladies of DWTS! Cheer
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Lovely Ladies of DWTS, Present and Past Empty Re: The Lovely Ladies of DWTS, Present and Past

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:32 pm

What took you so long, sis? Just kidding. So good to have this thread back! This season should be the ladies' turn again.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Lovely Ladies of DWTS, Present and Past Empty Re: The Lovely Ladies of DWTS, Present and Past

Post by Starz Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:06 pm

I miss Karina! She was my favorite. Sad

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:40 pm

You are not alone. Everyone knows I have a crush on Sharna, but Karina was my 'first love' on the show.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:05 pm

Lesallee wrote:...

This topic came to be as a lot of us felt the ladies of DWTS weren't getting the attention they so deserved as the men always seemed to grab the lion's share. 
This fits in here perfectly. At least one of the men is aware what he ows the ladies. This is how Val addressed Peta, Jenna, and Witney on his IG page:

"to the women that blessed me with their magic.their talent. and gave me the opportunity to share the stage with them night after night. without you I am merely a man.. with you, I'm an artist. World of gratitude".
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:28 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
"to the women that blessed me with their magic.their talent. and gave me the opportunity to share the stage with them night after night. without you I am merely a man.. with you, I'm an artist. World of gratitude".
Ahhh - wonderful of Val to state that beautiful sentiment.

DMD, you have good taste in women Wink

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:52 pm

I've liked all the ladies they have had on the show.  Well, except Allison, not too fond of her.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:24 pm

I don't care much for Allison. I never really warmed up to Cheryl - but now I miss her.
I love Julianne Hough's dancing. She was one of the very best ever, imo.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:29 pm

I really like Julianne.  I thought she was the best.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:51 pm

We should get the pro announcement soon and I wonder who will try and fill lovely Kym's dancing shoes. I suspect it will be Jenna as she has been pretty front and centre on the tour. Peta is probably a sure thing and Allison has been talking very confidently about being on.  It would be nice to see Emma with a younger partner who stands some chance of winning. All in all, I think the ladies lineup will stay the same except for Kym's replacement. 

Karina appears to be very busy and is still travelling about promoting her book. I would love to see her back but I don't think it would happen this next season. I do recall Karina said she and DWTS couldn't agree on financial matters and I betcha Jenna works for a lot less than Karina. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:08 pm

I would like to see Chelsea Hightower back.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:42 pm

I would like to see Edyta and Anna back, as well.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:32 pm

USN wrote:I would like to see Edyta and Anna back, as well.
So would I but those ships have sailed and bridges burnt.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:12 pm

Starz wrote:
USN wrote:I would like to see Edyta and Anna back, as well.
So would I but those ships have sailed and bridges burnt.
Especially, Edyta. She wasn't happy with DWTS when they parted ways. She said they wanted her life to BE the show and she didn't subscribe to that. I think she felt DWTS didn't treat hubby, Alec properly also. Just very recently Edyta has been talking about DWTS in a more conciliatory way but I would be very surprised to see her back. 

Anna, I think, would be glad to come back but I doubt she will. I didn't think Kym would ever dance with a partner again on DWTS and was wrong so you never know. 

Personally I would enjoy Lacey again and she is still associated with the show so it could happen. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:29 pm

I don't think Edyta will be back either, Lesallee.  They sure didn't part on good terms.  From what I heard, there was talk about Anna coming back for the anniversary show, but she had a prior engagement.  Bummer on that one. 

I would also like to see Lacey back.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:49 pm

I remember, just prior to the anniversary show we heard Anna was rehearsing with my all time favourite pro dancer, Tristan MacManus. So I immediately thought, oh great, Tristan and Anna will be on the anniversary show. Major disappointment! 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:41 pm

I was disappointed they didn't have more of the former pros on the anniversary show. 

I really loved Tristan's attitude.  He never had a chance at the mirror, but he was successful in instilling the love of dance in his partners, and to him, that was what was most important.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:49 am

Lesallee wrote:We had a lot of great discussions in this thread on the ABC board and I think we will have many here in our new home. 

So let's talk, about the lovely ladies of DWTS! Cheer

...Love talking about our lovely ladies!!
           I thought they all did an amazing job last season.  Allison was the perfect partner for Ryker!  Emma and Redfoo were so much fun! Our S19 champ Witney brought the best out in Chris! Sharna was beautiful, and amazing as always and brought her partner to the finals! Petas last dance with Michael..was his best...so touching!!     Kym and Robert (saved the best for last) you brought us all into your wonderful journey. It was fun, beautiful and it made us go Ahhhhhh!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:59 am

DeadManDancing wrote:
Lesallee wrote:...

This fits in here perfectly. At least one of the men is aware what he ows the ladies. This is how Val addressed Peta, Jenna, and Witney on his IG page:

Ohhhh.......somebodys Mama sure raised him right!!    What a nice comment........I'm sure girls hearts all over are going thump, thump, thump  Love

Not surprised you would notice a 'good guy'   comment......it takes one to recognize one!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:00 pm

Sister kin, did you see that photo Peta has on IG with Prince Val kissing Princess Peta's hand after their sweet waltz at Disneyland? 

Kym said she woke up to kangaroos in the backyard and posted a pic. No kangaroos in my backyard, just lots of pesky magpies screeching their unmelodious morning songs!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:12 pm

I just went and looked at it ...ahhhhh....so sweet...!!
         Holy Kangaroo Batman!!! Kangaroos in the back yard!!!! What a sight!!!
        I was at my sons this a.m. so all I heard was his dog barking at the cats that come over to taunt him!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:19 pm

kincaid53 wrote:

Ohhhh.......somebodys Mama sure raised him right!!    What a nice comment........I'm sure girls hearts all over are going thump, thump, thump  Love

Not surprised you would notice a 'good guy'   comment......it takes one to recognize one!!!
Call me a ladies' man- or why would I be here? After all, I'm blessed with three wonderful sisters! Hugs
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:15 pm

This is our mutual admiration society. To brother DMD, rest assured that your MB sisters are proud and happy to have you in our family. Although we sometimes suspect that Mom always liked you best!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:47 am

DeadManDancing wrote:
kincaid53 wrote:

Call me a ladies' man- or why would I be here? After all, I'm blessed with three wonderful sisters! Hugs

You say all the right things, bro.  Love
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:38 am

I have been seeing lots of rumours about the judges, can't wait to see what lovely ladies will be taking our breath away with their handsome partners on the dance floor!

I know Peta and Artem are on one of the posters for the new season.  I saw somewhere that season before last Kym and Tristan were on the promo poster but were not on that season. It was a major disappointment for a lot of us.  I do hope that's not true with Peta and Artem!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top